AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 58 53.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 27.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 9.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-23, 00:58   Link #81
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

too bad 4 those who r waiting 4 the gg fansub release which will take like a week =[
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 01:09   Link #82
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
mecha is interesting because there's drama . . .
and here i thought we watched mech shows for the big robots with futuristic weapons blowing stuff up

don't get me wrong, i think Suzaku (some of him at least) makes the show more interesting, but the show itself has plenty of potential without just that friend versus friend on opposite sides card. Someone was just suggesting the show wouldn't be interesting at all without Suzaku.

Looking at the OP, it seems Suzaku got a lot more screentime in this version.
And Kaguya (after seeing that OoBK member's scene at the end of the OP) >>> Euphie in the princess category
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 01:39   Link #83
ashlay
the red string of fate

^super robot+space drama=mecha (occasionally without the space) :3

well, from another standpoint, the show might not be that interesting if Suzaku died, as the balance of power pretty much falls completely to the protagonists side, which at least would make the fights boring.

I mean those gekka and the guren just obliterate all the fodder now (which I guess is why Schniezel has entered the war)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 02:22   Link #84
SinsI

I wonder how Gefjun Disturber works... Can it protect from energy weapons?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 02:39   Link #85
Selic

Suzaku needs to suffer a devastating loss. Building up characters to be disliked by the fanbase can be very effective since their downfall would lead to fanfare amongst viewers.

Suzaku's loss needs be swift, brutal, and crushing. Not necessarily fatal, but he keeps winning. Even though Lulu always manages to get out of it in the end, it gets pretty annoying when you just know that Lulu will lose no matter how smart a plan he comes up with.

I'd love one episode where Lulu and co finally corner Lancelot and destroy it, and Suzaku escapes via a recently installed ejection system.

Lloyd: M-my Lancey! LANCEY!
Selic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 02:41   Link #86
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I wonder how Gefjun Disturber works... Can it protect from energy weapons?
Based on what's been seen, it appears to function as a kind of EMP (electromagnetic pulse) that disables technology functioning via sakuradite. Within the affected field, the weaponry is disabled, but I have doubts that it would save Zero from the missiles launched at him and Suzaku from the battleship Avalon. Unless the missiles suddenly disarm in that small area, in which I would be completely wrong.

Edit: About those energy weapons... I would guess that those would still reach their target, since the field seems to only affect machinery from what we've seen to this point. Although getting blasted by that many beams and surviving probably makes it seem that the field protects you from them.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 03:24   Link #87
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ok, you know that mysterious "Kizuna Kagesaki" that Zero appoints as 3rd Squadron leader, along with the four swords?

Looking back at that meeting, there's six people wearing JLF military uniform.
Todou + Four Swords.... there's an extra person there!
This person might be the mysterious Mr (or Ms) Kagesaki.

I took pictures of him/her.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-23, 04:04   Link #88
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
Based on what's been seen, it appears to function as a kind of EMP (electromagnetic pulse) that disables technology functioning via sakuradite. Within the affected field, the weaponry is disabled, but I have doubts that it would save Zero from the missiles launched at him and Suzaku from the battleship Avalon. Unless the missiles suddenly disarm in that small area, in which I would be completely wrong.

Edit: About those energy weapons... I would guess that those would still reach their target, since the field seems to only affect machinery from what we've seen to this point. Although getting blasted by that many beams and surviving probably makes it seem that the field protects you from them.
Well, it can also work by sucking the energy out of the knightmares/disturbing the energy flow, and in that case it might offer some protection from energy weapons and the rockets (if the latter are sakuradite-powered). Speaking of sakuradite powered weaponry, I really wonder if even Lelouch's pistol would work...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 04:14   Link #89
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Well, it can also work by sucking the energy out of the knightmares/disturbing the energy flow, and in that case it might offer some protection from energy weapons and the rockets (if the latter are sakuradite-powered). Speaking of sakuradite powered weaponry, I really wonder if even Lelouch's pistol would work...
Kinda makes you wonder how Brittanian technology works in general, seeing as how internal combustion and nuclear energy are still supposedly unknown to Britannian science. I have doubts that sakuradite would be required for something as simple as a pistol, but again, who really knows ne?
Old 2007-02-23, 04:31   Link #90
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
LOLOLZ! Nightengale!

Quote:
Right, and HE IS A NICE GUY.

He actually looked a wee bit sad after he shot those missiles. HE ISU NAISU.
HE ISU NISU!

He definitely is, providing some shade while the contestants battle valiantly in the Sumo ring below, hey he even provide some fireworks in the festive mood, shame he forgot he had his carrier upside down....

All seriousness, from watching the next preview, i'm surprised the knightmares survived let alone the humans, those ordinates were fired more or less at pointblank...

ep19 is definitely going to be interesting.
Old 2007-02-23, 04:38   Link #91
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
Kinda makes you wonder how Brittanian technology works in general, seeing as how internal combustion and nuclear energy are still supposedly unknown to Britannian science. I have doubts that sakuradite would be required for something as simple as a pistol, but again, who really knows ne?
We tried to make sense out of how science works in Code Geass world on 2ch thread.
How the heck are the jets flying with no combustion technology around?
Also, apparantly gun powder isn't used either. Nor is oil, of course.
Yet the Jets and tanks looks awfully familiar to the ones we have.
Like the F-22 Raptor shown in ep1 and UK's Mark series tanks shown on photographcs.
We came to conclusion that it makes no sense at all, and it's probaly safe to not worry about it.
Let's just leave it at.... super duper sakuradite solves problems yay.

Think of their Japan as our Middle East.
They don't have oil to fight over, instead, they have sakuradite.

Introduction of nuclear technology should be insanely huge.
Nina could end up becoming the most valuable scientist in the entire world....

Last edited by aohige; 2007-02-23 at 04:59.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 04:51   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

^
.....All of a sudden I'm reminded of the HK manhwa adaption of Biohazard 2/3.

So, Season II will have a timeskip where the end of Season I has Llyod recruits Nina as his 'thinking parts' only for her to eclipse him with l33t nuclear tech discovery, and when Llyod betrays her for becoming more than a tool for him, she uses nuclear power to tokusatsu herself into Nina-kaiju monster, Ninajira? :P

We already have Kamen Rider, Sentai Rangers, and Metal Heroes in Code Geass. Bring on Gojira!!!!!!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 05:12   Link #93
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
We tried to make sense out of how science works in Code Geass world on 2ch thread.
How the heck are the jets flying with no combustion technology around?
Also, apparantly gun powder isn't used either. Nor is oil, of course.
Yet the Jets and tanks looks awfully familiar to the ones we have.
Like the F-22 Raptor shown in ep1 and UK's Mark series tanks shown on photographcs.
We came to conclusion that it makes no sense at all, and it's probaly safe to not worry about it.
Let's just leave it at.... super duper sakuradite solves problems yay.

Think of their Japan as our Middle East.
They don't have oil to fight over, instead, they have sakuradite.

Introduction of nuclear technology should be insanely huge.
Nina could end up becoming the most valuable scientist in the entire world....
Unfortunately would have little voice in 2ch, as I have no knowledge of speaking and writing Japanese other than what I've gotten in the years watching anime. The science behind Code Geass is strange but fun to try and figure out, although the only alternate power resource we've been given to work with is sakuradite.

I disagree with the fact that it is a nonsensical discussion however, especially in researching the various tangents between the Code Geass timeline and our own history. It's a stretch, and anime writers can do whatever they damn well please, but I'm currently trying to piece together what makes Geass history tick. Eventually I might post what I've got in that geography/history speculation thread in an uber-long essay.
Old 2007-02-23, 05:21   Link #94
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Anyone noticed:

Spoiler:

And that strike pack on the Lancelot:

Spoiler:

And,

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nvis; 2007-02-23 at 05:44.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 06:18   Link #95
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Hmm. Now I see why she's Nina Einstein. Quite the nuclear physicist I see. What? Is she going to discover how to create Nuclear Fission?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 06:45   Link #96
ccardoso
Banned

What do you mean by saying that the Emperor is
Spoiler:
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 07:05   Link #97
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
What do you mean by saying that the Emperor is
Spoiler:
Well... Nuclear reactions in our time is used for three things; Electricity generation in civil powerplants, energy source in military vehicles, and explosive ordinance. For what it's worth, Nuclear powerplants might not be as essential in Code Geass due to increased efficiency of energy use from room-temperature superconductors. Sakuradite reactors also appear to be a reliable, though experimental, energy source for military vehicles.

So the only thing missing is a M.A.D. weapon. The plot-line reason there is no nukes yet in this universe, is that with such an offensive empire, two things happen; Britannia nukes everyone to dust before they can nuke IT, or Britannia's military expansion was halted dead in its tracks when it realises it could no longer afford the risks from invading desperate, nuke-welding countries.

(By the way, I am assuming Civ-rules that once someone built a nuke, everyone-else soon steals the technology. This is like how Knightmares are originally Britannian tech, but are probably imitated and produced everywhere by now. Some secrets are too big to hide.)
Old 2007-02-23, 08:11   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Anyone noticed:

Spoiler:
Indeed. We can easily see a character development between the two in the near future. Which could possible mean Nina and Euphie meeting...
Old 2007-02-23, 12:07   Link #99
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i can't imagine when nina meet euphie
will nina hug euphie???

btw why lyold know the Gefjun Disturber was Laksharta do???
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 16:34   Link #100
Rydrallen

Interesting how the battleship was called "Avalon". I am thinking that it's loaded with 'Knightmares of the Round Table'. Another thing is that Lancelot in the mythology is the knight who betrayed King Arthur, maybe there will be a parallel here... either by change of viewpoints or by the ownage that is a Geass.
Rydrallen is offline   Reply With Quote