AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-26, 18:12   Link #3941
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Tagging onto my previous post; while I wouldn't say some warriors don't feel the same about their potential uselessness (Clarice HAS experienced the downside of being "unique" and knows what she is barely capable of; claymore Priscilla is just as emotionally vulnerable though she doesn't lack in strength, though does lack in experience etc etc), Yuma easily rises to the top of that pile by being the one we see the most, first-hand, feel utterly worthless. Having someone like Raki in her life, one can only wonder at the implications; Yuma definitely doesn't lack in strength, as we have seen lately: she hasn't had the experience, and self-confidence to really push herself as far as she can go (similar, again, to Clarice and Claymore Priscilla; their are no doubt more I can't think of off the top of my head, who are emotionally vulnerable and insecure), because of reasons we just don't know.

It's a wonder; Dany said it quite nicely in his Unexpected story: for all the power warriors generally have over human beings, it's no wonder why they commonly come off as cold, aggressive and arrogant; here though, we have a warrior who is anything but, even after the harsh training, the acceptance of her new life as a warrior....even after everything that has happened....what could have happened to this girl to make her this vulnerable? to be this meek? And what would happen if she really did have someone like Raki in her life? What if she were actually more powerful then anyone gave her credit for? or then we even suspected?

Give it a shot Blue; surprise us
Old 2010-10-29, 22:51   Link #3942
Blue Pentacle
Always Pondering......

Send a message via MSN to Blue Pentacle Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Pentacle
Hi again,

Thank you so very much. I do sincerely appreciate all the creative and considered input so far. Shiek927 and Weird D, thank you for your ideas and views as they do help.

But, to those interested, Revan would be a good choice for fan fiction; they have the energy, talent and vision to realise some very interesting stories .

In regards to Yuma, I am thankful for the interest and hope that my idea is both compelling and invites reflection. Yuma has always been a character who intrigued me, as she will hopefully play a real part in future events (as some fancied she would quite a while back) for the manga.

I have been thinking pairing Yuma and Raki for a while (as with the break with "Strange Consorts" for a while") and think that they might work well together. I would think to invest in a work and see how things go from there, as they are .

To those who have considered my idea, thank you kindly again; it is most appreciated.

Blue Pentacle.

Fascination in silver eyes and ebony form.
Old 2010-10-30, 04:29   Link #3943
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927
Yuma definitely doesn't lack in strength, as we have seen lately: she hasn't had the experience, and self-confidence to really push herself as far as she can go
I see it in a different way. When she was pushed she outdid herself.
Yuma said herself that she was, compared to the other ghosts, still the weak yuma. That IMO hasn't changed. She is probably still a inferior to cynthia in yoki alignment and so on.
Self-confidence can not make up for huge gaps in base skills.
Old 2010-10-30, 07:31   Link #3944
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I see it in a different way. When she was pushed she outdid herself.
Yuma said herself that she was, compared to the other ghosts, still the weak yuma. That IMO hasn't changed. She is probably still a inferior to cynthia in yoki alignment and so on.
Self-confidence can not make up for huge gaps in base skills.
Well.....I don't know

Yuma said she was still weak, but what if she meant it in the sense that she was just stating a fact, not because she was just putting herself down?

You're right in that merely having self-confidence doesn't raise your skills, but it does help you push it farther then you ever thought without it, not to mention helps you properly use what was always there. Yuma is indeed probably one of the weaker warriors in comparison to the rest of the Ghosts, but when you consider just how much she was able to increase, the fact she was able to catch up, she's definitely a whole lot stronger then most probably ever thought the meek warrior ever was.

She's full of surprises that one .
Old 2010-10-30, 15:53   Link #3945
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

If we think about it logically and objective she did even better in synchronising than cynthia because she healed her when she was already falling apart and after that she healed deneve's arm too.
Despite those facts i can not believe that yuma was only weaker than the others because of the lack of self confidence. Yagi doesn't do that normally.
Old 2010-11-02, 08:30   Link #3946
lightsenshi
Author

I've attempted to start a storyline based on OCs from the first generation of Claymores. Not sure how much luck I'm having.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6431450/...ore_Beginnings
Old 2010-11-02, 15:15   Link #3947
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

meahwhile as the ghosts head off to the org to rescue Miria

Clarice: We should go with them. They may need our help.

Galatea: Maybe you should think about what you just said.

Clarice: eh ?

Galatea. What kind of help can you give them ?

Miata: mama, not safe, smelly, stinky place.

Clarice: eh ?

Galatea: Yeah. It's a smelly stinky place. Best stay here where it's not as stinky or smelly.
Old 2010-11-04, 01:50   Link #3948
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

meanwhile as the ghosts head off to the org to rescue Miria, part 2

Galatea: By the way Clarice, Miata, keep it down when your doing your "thing." We can hear you with our superior hearing and we can see your yoki through walls.

Clarice: EH !!!

Miata bashfully smirks.
Old 2010-11-04, 02:00   Link #3949
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

meanwhile as the ghosts head off to the org to rescue Miria, part 2 (oops !! I mean part 3)

Yuma: Deitrich is not able to keep up with us.

Helen: nyeh... she knows where we're going

Deneve: Besides, I can't stand her constant bawling.

Yuma: Is that why you keep telling Tabitha to hang back ?

Last edited by Bikerider; 2010-11-04 at 21:55. Reason: why do 3's and 2's have to be beside each other on the keyboard ??
Old 2010-11-04, 20:53   Link #3950
lightsenshi
Author

(Wouldn't that be part 3? )

Beginnings: A fic revolving around two first generation Claymores.

Spoiler for Beginnings, part 1:
Old 2010-11-04, 20:54   Link #3951
lightsenshi
Author

Part 2. Reviews (even bashing appreciated)

Spoiler for Beginnings, Part 2:
Old 2010-11-04, 21:54   Link #3952
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

oh dern... looks like I typed 2 instead of two after the copy - paste. part 3 it is.
Old 2010-11-05, 00:01   Link #3953
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
http://www.fanfiction.net/anime/Clay.../0/5043/0/0/1/

I'm up to chapter 7, technically my 8th chapter if you count the Prologue. It is looking good. Please check it out if you can. I could always use more constructive reviews by dedicated claymore fans.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-11-05, 01:21   Link #3954
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

meanwhile as the ghosts head off to the org to rescue Miria, part 4

Miata: Smelly... Stinky...

Clarice: Yes Headquarters is smelly and stinky.

Miata: No, the warriors in black. Need to bathe. Smelly. Stinky.. .

Galatea: At least they aren't as bad as Clare. Good thing they put her down wind.
Old 2010-11-09, 13:48   Link #3955
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/anime/Clay.../0/5043/0/0/1/

I'm up to chapter 7, technically my 8th chapter if you count the Prologue. It is looking good. Please check it out if you can. I could always use more constructive reviews by dedicated claymore fans.
Awesome. Very good read. (And it's about my favorite Claymore.)

The entire story flows well, and sets a pace that keeps the reader interested. While not finished at the time of this review, it lends a credible 'what if' might happen in the future of the storyline.

Last edited by lightsenshi; 2010-11-09 at 18:00.
Old 2010-11-09, 16:49   Link #3956
lightsenshi
Author

If anyone else would like a review of their fiction, please give me a nudge. I've got plenty of free time.

Also, I've included a prelude to my storyline (and hence a new link). Enjoy!

Beginnings

Last edited by lightsenshi; 2010-11-09 at 20:24.
Old 2010-11-14, 00:35   Link #3957
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6372390/1/Claymore_New_Era

My fanfic is now up to its penultimate chapter, so please enjoy! It has been garnering some positive reviews and is now almost 100,000 words long in its ff.net version. Please leave a constructive review if you want.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-11-14, 03:44   Link #3958
Weird D
Just existing...

Spoiler for Outtake : Fun with OOC:

In case you're wondering, these are the two posts that made the plot bunny go crazy...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=14876
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=14878

SHIEKY THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!
Old 2010-11-14, 18:09   Link #3959
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Ehh, ain't I a stinker?

Old 2010-11-17, 22:32   Link #3960
lightsenshi
Author

Wow. I must be the only one who does reviews.
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction