AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-05-19, 22:18   Link #1541
aw454wtr

I would think there should be some major characters sacrificing themselves to seal 666, if the whole issue with 666 was solved with no sacrifices and a typical happy ending that would seriously undermine 666 power as well as indirectly great red's power

3 maou's including one super devil, seraph class angels,and multiple elder gods should be the bare minimum to balance out 666 level of power
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-19, 22:29   Link #1542
kapuk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I already understood that that's what you meant. I was saying that it probably means he can use that power to destroy whatever he wants while leaving intact whatever he wants to leave intact. In Magika, there's a Diva that can give its contracted Magika Stigma a sword that can cut through anything - the user can make it cut through anything he/she wants, so he/she can even make it cut something intangible like magic power while leaving the body completely unscathed. I was talking about something like that with Sirzechs' Power of Destruction. Like, maybe Ise's perversion could be taken away leaving his body completely unscathed. But that shouldn't happen because it'd kill this series.

@Kidstandout: Even if the author didn't understand the concept of infinity himself, he still wrote it the way he did and so we have to understand in that way. So I'm with Cake on this one. But we really shouldn't continue this BS infinity talk anymore.
Well that is cool, it is like Grim Reapers' schyte that cuts only the soul, while leaving the physical body unharmed. Anyway thanks I just wanted a second opinion on this topic.
kapuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-19, 22:46   Link #1543
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
I would think there should be some major characters sacrificing themselves to seal 666, if the whole issue with 666 was solved with no sacrifices and a typical happy ending that would seriously undermine 666 power as well as indirectly great red's power

3 maou's including one super devil, seraph class angels,and multiple elder gods should be the bare minimum to balance out 666 level of power
and what's sad is people love to complain about fenrir jobbing. not having 666 wipe out a good majority of these guys sealed with it would basically make any future powerleveling pointless.
Old 2016-05-19, 23:39   Link #1544
Hakai

Of course, even Azazel said there will be sacrifices, but some of them still could survive

Quote:
Sirzechs and his peerage (minus Grayphia)
Serafall and her peerage (minus her Queen)
Falbium and his peerage (minus his Queen)
Azazel
Michael and his brave saints (minus Irina)
Rafeal and his brave sainst (minus his Ace)
Uriel and his brave Saints (minus his Ace)
From the Norse faction it was Odin and 6 other Gods
From the Greek faction it was Zeus and 10 other Gods
From the Hindu faction it was Brahma, Vishnu and 7 other Gods.
And other Gods from other factions too.
Too many strong people in there, if Ise and Sirzechs can hold their own against Trihexa's core 2vs1 all those people standing a chance isn't too ridiculous.

I'll save any further opinion for it til the translation is done.
Hard to have a proper discussion without the full book.
Old 2016-05-20, 02:10   Link #1545
aw454wtr

Why did the seraphs leave their ace's instead of their queens? wouldn't leaving behind their second in command be better choice than the ace
Old 2016-05-20, 09:32   Link #1546
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Cake: Agreed. But I too will wait and see until the translation is completed. It shouldn't be too far-fetched if those people's people's combined power can defeat Trihexa for good. But some of them will have to die for it, sadly (some, not all). I hope Sirzechs can survive and come back to Grayfia's side, especially.
Old 2016-05-21, 18:28   Link #1547
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

well, that reminds me of that ichei public iin Twitter new information about the v22, which has confirmed that it will be released in June of this year (WTF too fast), in the is will know the end of the end the current arc, to start with a new arc (the supposed arc of Dios Shiva, and the final arc of the LN), where, according to rumors more secrets to reveal , it is said that the v22 will be very short, since it is only the completion of the current arc.
Old 2016-05-21, 18:39   Link #1548
kapuk2

I have been wondering, would SGC work against the BG SM produced by Trihexa's eggs?
Or on mass produced Evil Dragons?
Old 2016-05-21, 22:39   Link #1549
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuk2 View Post
I have been wondering, would SGC work against the BG SM produced by Trihexa's eggs?
Or on mass produced Evil Dragons?
Hard to say ... after all I don't remember, from the novels any example where the SGC would nullify the power of an artificial SG .

In theory ... it should work on the BG SM produced by Trihexa, since the difrence between an original and artificial gear is pretty small, but it's possible that the SGC won't ... due to different reason - because the BG SM are filled with Trihexa's power it is too strong for the SGC to work properly - a similar case as Rizevim trying to use his SGC on Ise in DxD mode.

As for the second part of you're question, since I don't think that Mass Produced Evil Dragons are considered as SG ... I doubt that the SGC would work on them.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 23:23   Link #1550
Chichiryuushintei

If the artificial BGs were even close to DxD's level, everyone who's not a God would be deader than Diodora.

IIRC the mass produces evil dragons were created with the Grail, which is an SG. So possibly.
Old 2016-05-22, 04:18   Link #1551
kapuk2

The part about Artificial Sacred Gears always bothered me, but stiill I think since the Grigori is creating them based on other Sacred Gears, SGC should work on them too.

The real brainwrecker is the question about the Evil Dragons, their body was created by Holy Grail, but they don't use its in any way, likewise for Annihilation Maker's monsters.

Opinions people!!! Opinions!!!
Old 2016-05-22, 09:01   Link #1552
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I also don't think that the Sacred Gear Canceler would work on those Mass Produced Evil Dragons. They were created by the Holy Grail, yes, but they don't directly use its power, so the Sacred Gear Canceler shouldn't work on them.

But yeah, I agree with you about Artificial Sacred Gears.
Old 2016-05-25, 19:41   Link #1553
bluestahli1

wow, now that was an epic update
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 17:47   Link #1554
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I agree with that. And I enjoyed it too.

In it, we also found out Rias' father's name. And another thing I found interesting was that the narration said that Ise is Zecortius' (that's his name, right? Zecortius?) son-in-law. That means Ise and Rias did get engaged, even though Ise himself isn't aware of it. Rias herself also calls Ise's parents "mother-in-law" and "father-in-law".

And it's also good that we saw Truth Idea in action where it chose Cao Cao's side. The effects were great too. Now in the chapter, Ise and Apophis will fight. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2016-05-26, 17:52   Link #1555
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

It's Zeoticus.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 18:14   Link #1556
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that's right. Thanks.

I just read the short chapter "Determination" just now, too. So touching. But yeah, Vali's dad had already wiped his mother's memories when the Grigori gave him (Vali) shelter. It's sad, but his mother really doesn't remember him anymore.

Vali thinks that it's for the best that his mother and half-siblings don't know about or get involved with him, but I ask: who is there still left in the world who would threaten their livelihood if they got involved with Vali? Both his father and grandfather are already dead, right? Why does he have to think he has to protect them while not letting them know about his existence? I'd think his mom would be happier knowing she has another son who is also safe and sound. Sure, it's connected memories that were painful, but she's still his mother and no good mother would resent her own child for any reason.
Old 2016-05-26, 20:06   Link #1557
Deathraptor2016

Vali went through a lot in his life and he would like for his mother and half-sibling live in peace, even if he can't go and be with them. It may be sad and I would love if he could spent time with his family but it takes a lot of determination to do all of that so they can live happily. If this volume did a good job at, it would be Vali's character development.

These hero with Infinite passion, Never-ending knowledge, Incredible prowess, Towering resolve, Hardy adaptability, and Natural resilience, always overcome great odd.
Deathraptor2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 20:21   Link #1558
Bigmac

I guess it's nice that we get confirmation of Issei being engaged to Rias by Rias' parents but we already knew that they were engaged as Issei has been referred to as brother in law by Sirzechs when threatening Hades (volume 12 Satan) and Grayfia also refers to Issei as younger brother (DX 1 Part 2 of Onsen side story).

I also liked the character development for Vali. Who would knew that he had a family out there even if he refuses to get involved with them. I would also want to see more interaction between him and Lavinia.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 00:23   Link #1559
aw454wtr

I'm guessing that the fight with Azi Dahaka will occur in the area that Vali's mother lives, and his desire to protect her is what gives vali DxD L
Old 2016-05-27, 11:06   Link #1560
KnightShade

http://ishibumi.exblog.jp/24407974/

dxd has a new editor

next volume will be about rias and akeno's happyness.

speculate in 3 2 1 GO!