AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-19, 03:12   Link #1461
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Just finished Yesterday and loved it. The visuals are Amazing, and i'm looking forward to the BD/DVD to get better quality.

Also, is there a translation of the LN somewhere? I found only one, but it's stalled since last june, and i can't seem to find another
Old 2013-12-19, 03:20   Link #1462
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
Just finished Yesterday and loved it. The visuals are Amazing, and i'm looking forward to the BD/DVD to get better quality.

Also, is there a translation of the LN somewhere? I found only one, but it's stalled since last june, and i can't seem to find another
If there is I would seriously want to read it. Hope that it starts up again or somebody else picks it up.
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 03:48   Link #1463
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To be honest, I kinda liked Kyokai no Kanata. I had it in the middle of the three supernatural action series I'm watching this season, but final episode just sent it to the bottom. Leaving my UTTER DISTASTE of Deus Ex Machina endings aside, the fact that they are revealing more plot and character details that only raise more questions in the final goddam episode is the final nail in the coffin for me.

Like Strike the Blood had worse execution overal so far, but at least it's fun. KnK as a story was better told up to the finale, but now that is gone, there's really nothing apart from the awesome visuals that set it apart. And unfortunately, visuals are like on the bottom of the weight scale in my criteria, so yeah, just ain't gonna cut it for me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 04:28   Link #1464
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
If there is I would seriously want to read it. Hope that it starts up again or somebody else picks it up.
The translator made a comment last week saying he'll try to continue in the next couple of weeks, although it might take him until February to finishing translating it.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 06:53   Link #1465
ices
Working Hard

after watching the episode, I just thought that someone write this on the Death Note

Quote:
Mirai Kuriyama, died inside of Kyoukai no Kanata, disapearing after KnK defeated.

Akihito Kanbara, falling from the top of the school building, after his delusion controling him to think that Mirai Kuriyama still alive.
Now, that would be a great plot twist.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 07:17   Link #1466
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well I thought this series was finally starting to do well until this ending. It's like they decided to throw every half baked plot twist they could think of into the last 20 minutes and hoped for the best. Average ending to an average series.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 08:31   Link #1467
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I, too, like Izumi. Generally, I like characters who have the unenviable job of making hard choices, even though it gets them hated by everyone. It is a reflection of how the world is: often times there are no fairy tale "everyone let's be happy" endings and the only ending to pick is the one with the least bad in it.

It is a total cop out that Izumi disappeared upon the revelation she has a youmu inside her. Yeah, so what's the big deal? It's not like anyone treated Aki differently. Or Ayaka and Ai. It's just a way to get rid of Izumi beause "Oh, she's so guilty for orchestrating the death of Mirai and must now leave in shame". Blargh.
She sent Mirai after Aki who had a youmu inside of him so that she could get to his core probably and almost caused the world to end. She misled Mirai causing Mirai to die. Miroku also had a youmu inside of him. It's prob a practice that the elite do to increase their power. Those cores have to go somewhere.

And...she attempted to kill Aki's mother in front of witnesses.

She blew it big time and was caught being a hippocrite. (Those Spirit Warriors firmly believe that it is bad to have a youmu inside of you. Black and white with no room for gray.) I think that it is enough reason to disappear.

Last edited by orion; 2013-12-19 at 08:48.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 09:43   Link #1468
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I get a feeling that this Mirai officially is a Denizen of the Boundary now.
Old 2013-12-19, 09:50   Link #1469
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Kyoukai no Tomogara?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 09:57   Link #1470
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Kyoukai no Tomogara?
Yep, kinda like a Blood Haze...
Old 2013-12-19, 10:23   Link #1471
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I get a feeling that this Mirai officially is a Denizen of the Boundary now.
Does that mean she's inside Akihito?
Old 2013-12-19, 10:39   Link #1472
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Does that mean she's inside Akihito?
Wow. That would be quite the (awkward) twist.
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 10:43   Link #1473
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
Wow. That would be quite the (awkward) twist.
That would be really unpleasant, won't it?

Even if in ep 10 she says that part of her blood is inside Akihito.
Old 2013-12-19, 10:50   Link #1474
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Man, I'm so confused. Why did Izumi suddenly disappear like that? Was she ashamed and just bounced? Or is she permanently gone? And how is Mirai back? Is this the real Mirai?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 11:10   Link #1475
Gohan78
Awakened One

What a disappointing ending. Mirai's deus-ex-machina resurrection wasn't even the biggest offender for me.
  • Akihito's nature was never explained. They hinted that he may not be Yayoi's real child but then what is he?
  • Izumi disappeared without a trace. We never learned the purpose of the Nase family elder.
  • Fujimi's objective also remained a mystery. In the end he was just a cartoonish villain who wanted to destroy the world.

This is the first time that KyoAni disappointed me so much with an ending. The show had some redeeming points and I still think that the revelation in episode 10 was really clever, so my final evaluation is 6 out of 10. A wasted opportunity.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 11:22   Link #1476
Anime Online

I'd like to imagine that this is all part of KyoAni's grand plan: to make people go "What did I just watch?" so people will keep speculating and talking about the anime.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 11:29   Link #1477
arkxkra
全力全開

final episode was not bad and I lol hard when Ai chan "Attack" .

how the hell Mirai come back to life! @.@

---
overall series was ok, love it ! but a lot of stuff still haven't reveal/explain yet, like what Akihito's mother say "Akihito and Mirai is special" , what special? and the mystery of Akihito!? so i expecting left for 2nd season or other adaptation?
Old 2013-12-19, 12:01   Link #1478
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I'd like to imagine that this is all part of KyoAni's grand plan: to make people go "What did I just watch?" so people will keep speculating and talking about the anime.
But that won't get the otaku buying the BDs and DVDs in droves.
Old 2013-12-19, 13:47   Link #1479
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Like someone on Reddit said... I understand what you guys are saying with the plot not making sense, there's no point, or everything that is wrong about this series, but seeing Mirai come back to be together with Akkey, I just become so giddy and happy that I really just dont care

Kyoani managed to make me stupid and happy at the same time. Since I'm happy about it, I guess it's good for me too.

I loved this show. With all its flaws I can't give it 10, but really it makes me happy, so I'll give it 8/10 for totally subjective reasons. I hesitate recommending it to anyone that's not already a kyoani fan though.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 14:48   Link #1480
Esclair

I wonder if more people would be okay with the ending if the series just ended with Akihito running up the stairs and opening the door. This way it's not clear exactly what he expects to find there.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood magic, demons, seinen, supernatural, tragic past