AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-06-08, 00:13   Link #201
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Watched the TV series a long time ago and just watched 1-3 OVA. Way better, but damn the Hellsing organization is cold.

Spoiler for OVA 3 and manga spoilers:
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 00:51   Link #202
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Watched the TV series a long time ago and just watched 1-3 OVA. Way better, but damn the Hellsing organization is cold.

Spoiler for OVA 3 and manga spoilers:
You do realise that Anderson is perfectly willing to do the same if he is in Alucard's position, right? These people were pawns to the Nazis; Anderson isn't upset at all with the carnage, but rather was excited about meeting Alucard at full power in the future.

Anderson has his good sides. But abhorring violence isn't one of them.
Old 2007-06-08, 01:10   Link #203
TigerII
Pilot in Training

O I know. They all are sadistic bastards that would not think twice about killing innocents to help their situation. I still like Anderson.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 03:34   Link #204
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
O I know. They all are sadistic bastards that would not think twice about killing innocents to help their situation. I still like Anderson.
Oh, there are still plenty to like about about Anderson, I agree. He does care for the children who were under his charge at the orphanage, and fundamentally he was also uncorruptable; he believe in honour, and know when not to be a savage.
Old 2007-06-20, 21:17   Link #205
storm_owl7

Question Signature Series?

well, I've watched the original 13 episodes but I thought it would be fun to buy them since I really do like them

The only thing is, I'd like to know what is the difference between the Signature Series and the regular one? If I don't make sence, which happens often enough I'll put up two links of what I mean...

Signature:

http://www.amazon.ca/Hellsing-Vol-Im...2391135&sr=1-6

Regular:

http://www.amazon.ca/Hellsing-V1-Imp...2391135&sr=1-7

Now, is it just the cover that is different or is there more to it then that?

thanks
storm_owl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:42   Link #206
GacekSSJ4

@storm_owl7
Don't really think it's the right topic to ask this :P:P:P:P:P

But commin' back to Hellsing....

For me it was a great disappointment. I don't like the way they changed everything. One of first scenes in chappel when Alucard first time meets Victoria and few others.
But the line is great i like their faces
Old 2007-07-23, 02:05   Link #207
Echoes

I had a great time watching the OVA episodes, I felt they improved many aspects of the storyline, as well as the art and animations. I'm anxiously awaiting the next release.

I'm not much for Seras' goofiness, though. I preferred the insecure version, not the silly one, but that's only a minor flaw in an ocean of other improvements.
Old 2007-09-02, 22:43   Link #208
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
As far as I know there are only 3 OVA's so far. Are there going to be any more released? If so when?
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 06:51   Link #209
Zenhto

What I've heard is that the fourth episode of the ova will be realesed the fifth of november (hmmm... V?), allthough it will probably be postponed with a few days as allways. I have heard (havn't been able to verify) that they will release 1 OVA every sixth month and will release as many as there are manga volyms
Zenhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 07:12   Link #210
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenhto View Post
What I've heard is that the fourth episode of the ova will be realesed the fifth of november (hmmm... V?), allthough it will probably be postponed with a few days as allways. I have heard (havn't been able to verify) that they will release 1 OVA every sixth month and will release as many as there are manga volyms
it was released yesterday? 0_o

nope, they haven't announced any date yet. and even though the official site lists 2007.xx.xx, I wouldn't count on anything being out by december either.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 07:21   Link #211
Zenhto

http://mysite.verizon.net/respsqwo/c...va_4_info.html

Is my source for the release...
Old 2007-11-06, 07:28   Link #212
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenhto View Post
http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing/

*shrug* no idea when that fanpage was updated, but probably some old announced or rumored date.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 07:48   Link #213
Zenhto

The fourth volume was set to be released in Japan on October 5, 2007, but has been postponed according to Geneon's official site:

"Yes, We're Sorry, The "Lying Wild Geese" were Idiots again and we Overshot Production, and Thusly we cannot guarantee the Original Release Date. So We have to Postpone it a bit. hey' it's kind of Funny that we're announcing this now, right when the next Chapter has been postponed in the OURs Book... In all Seriousness though, we're not going to be done in time. the Originally planned Run Time of 57 Minutes keeps going up! it's already going to be at least 8 minutes longer, and that's just in the Major's Speech! Our Goal here is to be able to add the scenes we wanted to Add, and Still make it the Highest Quality we can, so we unfortunately have to postpone it, but I guess it was inevitable, we haven't done one that We didn't Postpone yet, so we were due on this one. So, I'm Very Sorry you have to wait longer, but please just wait the extra time, it will be worth it."

+ the trailer also states that it was suposed to be realesed the fifth of november http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdmoq7BhrNw
Old 2007-12-17, 04:47   Link #214
Guncross

Hi im new to this fourm and I had a pretty hard question to ask about the hellsing ova. SO... In the third ova Integra is in the National art museum in england right? Does anyone know the name of the painting she was looking at or if it is even real? Thanks
Guncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 22:00   Link #215
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I think I remember reading that it was a real picture, I'm sure I've seen something like it before. The detail and opulence of the frame though are pretty accurate (yeah gold leaf scroll work and all), as is the scale of the painting, some of them are freaking huge, a good few meters in both directions (went to the national gallery when I visited England, colour me impressed).
Old 2007-12-29, 19:15   Link #216
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Chapter Four coming on February 2008

An announcement to make fans rejoice.

According to the HELLSING official website, it was announced that the fourth OVA chapter will come out for sale on February 22nd, 2008.

As of now, they haven't released further information about the features that the DVD package will include and the price either.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 05:07   Link #217
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Found this in youtube

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=cE2LgmLq0Ng
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 06:11   Link #218
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Thanks a lot for the link!

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 04:34   Link #219
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Oh good lord that is awesome, they are going to cover so much material in that. That puts them not to far behind the manga or so it looked.

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-01-06, 05:23   Link #220
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Oh good lord that is awesome, they are going to cover so much material in that. That puts them not to far behind the manga or so it looked.
Erm, it's just material from volumes 4 and 5. The OVA is a looooong way from being complete. I hope Geneon Japan doesn't go bust before it ends. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen