AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 21:27   Link #4781
velderia
Former NEET.

Did I hallucinate a Crunchyroll sponser ad everytime I viewed a thread? That was kind of awesome... Was about to click on it.
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 01:20   Link #4782
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velderia View Post

Did I hallucinate a Crunchyroll sponser ad everytime I viewed a thread? That was kind of awesome... Was about to click on it.
No you didn't, the Crunchyroll ads are certanly there, although they only show up for people checking the forum as guests.

*The following is from another thread, but it is related to your question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
As usual no ads are shown on the forum to logged in users. On the site (torrent index) the banners are now at the bottom of the page (as CR doesn't seem to have normal affiliate banners - only big rectangles & small buttons). On the forum I've moved them to inside the first post of a page of a thread and a button on the bottom the page.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-04-21 at 06:14.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 05:42   Link #4783
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

is there a Little Busters! thread exists herein AS?... if its there pls show me the link, thanks..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 07:42   Link #4784
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
is there a Little Busters! thread exists herein AS?... if its there pls show me the link, thanks..
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64458
Old 2011-04-22, 20:34   Link #4785
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

How does one get the grey rep box, of which the description is "_____ is an unknown quantity at this time" and what is actually their rep? 0? A question mark?
Old 2011-04-22, 20:40   Link #4786
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
How does one get the grey rep box, of which the description is "_____ is an unknown quantity at this time" and what is actually their rep? 0? A question mark?
To quote the faq on reputation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep FAQ
for a reputation of exactly zero
for a reputation below zero
for a reputation between 1 and 99
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 03:05   Link #4787
HasuMasu
*Artist

what does "HHHNNNGGGGG~" mean?

i see it a lot
Old 2011-04-24, 03:27   Link #4788
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post

i see it a lot
It's generally used express as reaction when a character or person is found to be a extremely moe, or/and cute in some scene or image .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 03:29   Link #4789
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
It is the prelude to a nosebleed, the sound a character (usually male) produces in a desperate attempt to prevent massive blood loss that would severely impact his physical and mental health.

Good example of a HNNNGGG moment: When Senjougahara nibbles Araragi's ear right after she talks dirty for a full minute or so in an episode of Bakemonogatari.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 03:54   Link #4790
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
It's generally used express as reaction when a character or person is found to be a extremely moe, or/and cute in some scene or image .
Quote:
It is the prelude to a nosebleed, the sound a character (usually male) produces in a desperate attempt to prevent massive blood loss that would severely impact his physical and mental health.

Good example of a HNNNGGG moment: When Senjougahara nibbles Araragi's ear right after she talks dirty for a full minute or so in an episode of Bakemonogatari.
thanks, having said that...

HHHHHHHHNNNNGGGGGG~
Old 2011-04-25, 03:04   Link #4791
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Alright, I am scheduled to go for a small operation to remove a part of an inflamed muscle on my right leg, and it requires me to shave my leg.

Should I shave the other one, or just wait until the right one grows back?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 04:36   Link #4792
matteas
Member Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Alright, I am scheduled to go for a small operation to remove a part of an inflamed muscle on my right leg, and it requires me to shave my leg.

Should I shave the other one, or just wait until the right one grows back?
If I were you, I would shave the other one too. It would probably look funny if you had one leg shaved and the other one not, depending of course how hairy your leg is.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 05:04   Link #4793
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Shave em both so that they'll more or less grow at the same rate, unless you wear pants exclusively.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 08:51   Link #4794
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Shaving both on Friday before my op. Honestly speaking, I still don't get it why I am supposed to shave the whole leg instead of the part where they make the incision.

Now I can't wear shorts again, and the hot part of the year is coming. Blooming basket case.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-25, 09:30   Link #4795
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There are you usually two main reasons for shaving the hair off an area with wide margins:

1. Hair growth gets in the way of the healing of the suture and the skin graft you're likely going to get.
2. Hair follicle roots are potential sites of local infection, and you won't want that causing an infected suture.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 15:00   Link #4796
MinuSeveN
Lurker with free time

How do you measure the volume of a sponge?
Old 2011-04-30, 15:04   Link #4797
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinuSeveN View Post
How do you measure the volume of a sponge?
Closest way is to soak it with water before putting it in a tub of oil. Then measure the amount of oil displaced using Archimedes Principle minus off the water level accumulated at the bottom.

Alternatively you could soak the sponge in a measuring tub of water, then hang it in a colander to drip off the water back into the tub. Honestly I think the volume will be off because the mass of water on the upper layer of the sponge will weight down on the bottom part and cause more water to drip off than it originally should.

Old 2011-04-30, 23:33   Link #4798
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Closest way is to soak it with water before putting it in a tub of oil. Then measure the amount of oil displaced using Archimedes Principle minus off the water level accumulated at the bottom.

Alternatively you could soak the sponge in a measuring tub of water, then hang it in a colander to drip off the water back into the tub. Honestly I think the volume will be off because the mass of water on the upper layer of the sponge will weight down on the bottom part and cause more water to drip off than it originally should.
It's hard to soak the water evenly inside the sponge through
Actually i think the best way to do it is measure the sponge in analytical scale (A). Then measure the weight of a cup full of liquid (full to very last drop) (B). Drop the sponge in, wait for it to sink. Clean all the water which surged out. Measure the weight of the cup with the sponge (C). Calculate volume:
V = (A+B-C)/(density of that liquid)
Old 2011-05-01, 04:44   Link #4799
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It's hard to soak the water evenly inside the sponge through
Simple. Wring/compress the sponge underwater until no more air bubbles come out, then let it absorb more water.

Quote:
Actually i think the best way to do it is measure the sponge in analytical scale (A). Then measure the weight of a cup full of liquid (full to very last drop) (B). Drop the sponge in, wait for it to sink. Clean all the water which surged out. Measure the weight of the cup with the sponge (C). Calculate volume:
V = (A+B-C)/(density of that liquid)
Sponges don't sink by themselves unless a pressure is applied on it to sink, or the mass of water absorbed by the sponge outweighs the entire dry sponge itself, meaning which the sponge has to be really thin. The trapped air pockets totaled up will counteract to the water absorbed and let it stay afloat, similar to the concept of why wood floats on water.

Filling the cup full of liquid isn't exactly a good idea because of the molecular structure of water that result in hydrogen bonds, resulting in a less than accurate measurement of volume. Markings below the filling point are often used in Archimedes-type experiments to counteract this error when the container has a large area.

Volume/density formula is a good idea though. There should be a few more control group sets with the same sponge and liquids to get a more accurate mean value.

Old 2011-05-01, 04:59   Link #4800
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Simple. Wring/compress the sponge underwater until no more air bubbles come out, then let it absorb more water.
How can you move that sponge to an oil container without any water to be lost during the process through? That's actually what i meant

Quote:
Sponges don't sink by themselves unless a pressure is applied on it to sink, or the mass of water absorbed by the sponge outweighs the entire dry sponge itself, meaning which the sponge has to be really thin. The trapped air pockets totaled up will counteract to the water absorbed and let it stay afloat, similar to the concept of why wood floats on water.

Filling the cup full of liquid isn't exactly a good idea because of the molecular structure of water that result in hydrogen bonds, resulting in a less than accurate measurement of volume. Markings below the filling point are often used in Archimedes-type experiments to counteract this error when the container has a large area.

Volume/density formula is a good idea though. There should be a few more control group sets with the same sponge and liquids to get a more accurate mean value.
Well we can just push it down by hand, then fill the water to the mark if it can't sink.

I planned to ignore the hydrogen bond at first to make it less complicated, and since expected the error is small enough. But if can't be help then either using a large beaker, or more extreme, a specific design volumetric flask (that have an opening to put the sponge in and a small neck to reduce error)

Tags
problem, q&a, serious