AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 19:32   Link #11421
ChibiForte13

i guess ima noob lol but if i post don't ignore me and be welcome ^^

also i luv anime, i guess im a otaku lol ^^

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-09-23 at 17:38.
ChibiForte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 00:02   Link #11422
Hollowgolem

Heya, folks. Been on an anime kick lately, but am one of few in my circle of friends or coworkers that enjoys the medium, so it's nice to find a community that will know what I'm talking about when I mention something.

I'm trained in Classics and History, and as such love the idea of fiction in the modern sense as a modern mythology (and fandoms of various fictions as the sort of priests and worshipers of those myths). I see anime as another in a long line of ways in which humans have and will continue to express their creativity, confusion, emotional extremes, flashes of brilliance, deepest fears, and outlooks on the world. As such, it's worth discussing as an art form.

I hope my posts here aren't badly-received. I've been writing in the mode of a scholar for so long that most of what I have to say will likely be pretty dispassionate (though I hope not boring). That's not to say I don't love a good story (especially with great characters), but I'll probably cross the line into overanalysis at some point. If that happens, slap me.

I have a very rudimentary knowledge of Japanese as a language, though I'm trying to teach myself a bit more of it (and once I've broken that whole alphabet barrier, I have a Korean friend who's offered to tutor me in her own native tongue). I'm already good with English, Spanish, Latin, and Ancient Greek, but Eastern languages have always given me trouble, so that may be an arduous process. If I ever make such progress that I consider myself passable with the language, perhaps I'll even try my hand at helping out the subbing community. Everyone loves a bumbling novice (and I have experience doing that kind of thing with, for instance, Julian's "Misopogon," for a rather hilarious amateur theater performance)!

Anyway, I tend to enjoy anime that are heavily character-driven, and as a young kid, the first series that got me into the medium (by way of Robotech) was SDF Macross. I've been an on-and-off fan of various series that I've enjoyed over the years, though I don't know if I'd label myself as a head-first fan of the genre as a whole; I just happen to like a swath of what lies within it.

Anyway, this looks like a community worth being in, and I think I'll just settle in over here.
Hollowgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 12:53   Link #11423
PrincessHinata

Hello I'm Princess Hinata. I'm married to Naruto and I hope yo could help me out on the way on this site. I really Love Naruto more then anything in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangekyo-Itachi View Post
Hi yoww
Itachi here !!
i hope u like me D

i just make my sig "thumbs up" if u like it!!

Hi Itachi Hinata here Naruto wife how is things going: can you E-mail me if I need help Thanks?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-09-23 at 17:40.
PrincessHinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 07:06   Link #11424
Shadyren
Xtreme Perverted Fighter

Send a message via MSN to Shadyren
Still newbie, halo, hobby, spent all my time finish every eroge, visual novel that i have, watching anime, songs, manga, and study.

"茜空"

Shadyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 18:10   Link #11425
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

just joined this forum since i noticed it contains contents regarding the novel "Haruhi Suzumiya". I read all of them, up to the 10th fantranslated novel, and watched the 28 anime episodes + the movie, so i wanted to share my impressions and opinions with others about it.

I'm not native from england nor from any place where english is the main language, but my skills were enough to completely comprehend the english translated novel, just spending 2 days in reading over 300 pages of contents.

Can't wait for the next novel to come out, since there are some points left unclear, but i'll be discussing this in the appropriate thread.

As far as i am concerned, i wouldn't worry much about me; i'm not a shitter and won't give you any troubles. I've been to many other forums before, and i perfectly know how to behave, beside that i always read the rules.

See you
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 18:47   Link #11426
Yee4r

Hi, i am new
This is my first time registering for a anime/manga forum, hope i'll learnt something here xD
Yee4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 20:16   Link #11427
Venice365
The Golden Heart

Hi. Im venice365. Just another newbie to this site ^_^
Venice365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 20:33   Link #11428
Tohyama
Noblesse Oblige Regalia

Hello Im Tohyama just registered recently hope the community is nice
Tohyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 22:08   Link #11429
suki888

Hi am new here!!! Hello to all
suki888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 09:28   Link #11430
FamousNYLover

Hello members! My name is Yuki Endo, Japanese born in Kyoto on March 30th, 1985, but live in Osaka/Miyazaki and I moved to NYC in Feb 1996.

Many know you might know me from 2005 X-Mas NY Times article featuring "He Loves New York, And It Loves Him Right Back" and 2007 March Issue of popular Japanese volunteer magazine, SOTOKOTO featuring "Volunteer at MET."

I love all kinds anime, movies, tv shows, books, etc.
I also like to type stories a lot.
FamousNYLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 20:59   Link #11431
ATM

Hello everyone.

My name is Andrew... newest member at the moment...

Thanks a bunch for allowing me to become a member at this forum. your lovely mascot Kairin already gave me a warm welcome. I wanted to become a member because, even for the short period of time that I've known Animesuki, it has been Helpful and fun.

wish I could write some more, but since I'm still wet behind the ears, I'll be just babbling.
ATM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 23:20   Link #11432
Krow16

Cool

hey peoples im krow, im new here, and im looking forward to chatting it up so feel free to message mw and talk
Krow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 00:30   Link #11433
Bre-chan

Hello! I'm not very well with introductions so this will most likely be pretty short.

I'm Bre-chan, I'm not really sure what to share, so if you'd like to ask something, just message me.
I look forward to having fun and meeting new people.
Bre-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 06:06   Link #11434
sonicdxpro

Hello! My name's sonicdxpro or called me "Mr-X-sama".

My favorite anime is CLANNAD. My Hero is Sonic The Hedgehog that's origin of my username XD
sonicdxpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 07:32   Link #11435
matrixhazard

Hi there! I have follow this community for a few years and this should be my first post.

I'm a big fan of Key games and anime. If you like Air,Kanon,Little Busters,Angel Beats especially Clannad and Rewrite, I hope we can get along well

Cheers!
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 07:40   Link #11436
HasuMasu
*Artist

Welcome all, enjoy your stay.
Old 2011-09-28, 23:27   Link #11437
raitouazura
Fallen God

i'm new

hello!! i am new here, nice to meet you
i love anime
raitouazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 07:16   Link #11438
AnimeNoob

Hi everyone!

Nice to be here, hope everyone is a nice as they seem!
Iv only recently got into anime in a big way so forgive me for not knowing much of the lingo lol!
Im sure you'll help me out

Hope to speak to some of you soon x
AnimeNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 15:09   Link #11439
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Welcome to the boards you guys!
I'll be be betting you joined at the perfect timing, as the new Fall Anime list is a list of legend!

Stick around!
Old 2011-09-30, 05:47   Link #11440
keima_godmode
[Otoshigami follower]

hello guys, i'm a new member here
as you can see, my name is keima_godmode.
i'm a fan of TWGOK series if any of you also like TWGOK, i hope we can get along well
but i also like other series that involve comedy, slice of life, romance, a bit of adventure genres, etc etc
keima_godmode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members