AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-03-04, 13:43   Link #121
Greenish Growth

I was getting the impression from the trailers that Loki might be saying something like "If you'll make me the world leader and bow down to me like you humans used to do back in the days of yore then I will save you with my mighty army."

But is Loki the main threat or is it something else?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 16:51   Link #122
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I was getting the impression from the trailers that Loki might be saying something like "If you'll make me the world leader and bow down to me like you humans used to do back in the days of yore then I will save you with my mighty army."

But is Loki the main threat or is it something else?
I'd honestly be shocked if there wasn't someone else also in the mix. Shocked. Loki as the main villain is kind of disappointing. I'm guessing it's a villain team up. He had to have gotten that army from somewhere.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 19:29   Link #123
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I'd honestly be shocked if there wasn't someone else also in the mix. Shocked. Loki as the main villain is kind of disappointing. I'm guessing it's a villain team up. He had to have gotten that army from somewhere.
Well, IMO it sounds like Loki would be spending a long time in Shield custody. It would be a waste not to do that; you want Loki to have as much banter with the heroes as you can.

I don't see Loki fighting on the front lines. Instead, I imagine Loki had already set the pieces in motion, like encouraging the aliens to attack, then get himself arrested. The idea being that his plan will go on without his direct input, so Shield couldn't see the point of killing him when it wouldn't stop the invasion.

And of course, Loki could slip in info that may or may not help Shield in defeating the invaders, but also indirectly help Loki in some way. Who said the attacking aliens are actually Loki's allies? Loki already betrayed the Ice Giants in his last film; there is no reason why he can't backstab again.

In short, my ideal scenario is that Loki doesn't actually want or need Earth, but only caused the alien invasion because he needed something from it. Either an artefact owned by the invading force, or something in SHIELD that he could only access if he was actually locked in the same building. I do not expect your typical Earth domination plot from Loki.

Loki wants Asgard. Earth is just not that important.

Let's say the alien attack force is as hopeless as the trailer suggests... It might well be that the Avengers would have lost, except Loki made sure to tip things in their favour. This is the behaviour of a trickster; Loki has no true allies.
Old 2012-03-04, 20:17   Link #124
Greenish Growth

That would be more interesting if they plotted something like that. I hope it's layered. That reminds me more of the Loki that I remember from the comic books.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 21:40   Link #125
Samari
World's Greatest

Perhaps Loki is working for someone else. Someone that won't be revealed until the end of the movie.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-04, 21:40   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... Loki isn't a "bad guy" in the black'n'white sense (at least in mythology) and it would be disappointing if they flattened him out like that.
Old 2012-03-05, 05:20   Link #127
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Perhaps Loki is working for someone else. Someone that won't be revealed until the end of the movie.
Any bets? I'd shit my pants if it was Gah-Lak-Tus.

That would be boss, but highly unlikely.
Old 2012-03-05, 05:54   Link #128
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well, who has giant robo-serpents? Other than Loki apparently.

Wait.. Norse gods.. Serpent.. End of world... if that thing isn't called Jormungandr I'm going to be annoyed!

Of all mythological "bad" guys, Loki is probably one of the best. It'd be nice if he was a red herring bad guy, or just an anti-hero. He was quite relatable in the Thor movie I thought.

You think they would set it up for another sequel? If you discount the previous set-up/character into movies then yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first of a trilogy.
Old 2012-03-05, 06:03   Link #129
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Well, who has giant robo-serpents? Other than Loki apparently.

Wait.. Norse gods.. Serpent.. End of world... if that thing isn't called Jormungandr I'm going to be annoyed!

Of all mythological "bad" guys, Loki is probably one of the best. It'd be nice if he was a red herring bad guy, or just an anti-hero. He was quite relatable in the Thor movie I thought.

You think they would set it up for another sequel? If you discount the previous set-up/character into movies then yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first of a trilogy.
Well, I think the hint is that Loki would be incarcerated early.

He can't be the main bad guy. He would be the one who manipulated everything, yes. But someone else has to be leading the alien attack force.

The villain is only ever captured early, if prison is exactly where he wanted to be. I wouldn't be surprised if Loki become the villain version of Fury; the villain that crosses multiple films and is untouchable.
Old 2012-03-05, 06:59   Link #130
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Loki is the Blofeld to Fury's Bond?
Old 2012-03-05, 08:54   Link #131
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post

It'd be highly illegal, too. Galactus was part of the Fantastic Four rights, which Marvel does not currently have access to. Same goes for Skrulls (not sure about Kree).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 09:01   Link #132
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It'd be highly illegal, too. Galactus was part of the Fantastic Four rights, which Marvel does not currently have access to. Same goes for Skrulls (not sure about Kree).
I do not expect the invasion force to be lead by someone as powerful as Galactus. He doesn't use such weak underlings.

The invasion force would be lead by someone who, at most, would be slightly stronger than Loki. If only because it has to be defeated in one movie, and any stronger an opponent would require deux ex machina that's best reserved for Avengers 2 or 3.
Old 2012-03-05, 09:23   Link #133
GDB

There aren't many other noteable Avengers space enemies other than Kree (who I'm not sure if they're tied up with FF), Skrulls (who these could be a knock-off of), the Shi'Ar (who might be tied up with the X-Men license), Thanos, and Ultron (who wouldn't make sense without having Pym in the movie).

My guess would be on the Skrull knock-offs, since they seem to be basing a lot of the movie on The Ultimates, which used the Skrulls as the main villain.
Old 2012-03-05, 17:57   Link #134
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post

Thanos maybe?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-05, 18:23   Link #135
GDB

If Thanos is in the movie, I'd feel safe making a 100% guarantee that the Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity Gems will be involved in some way.
Old 2012-03-05, 18:51   Link #136
james0246

I seriously doubt Thanos will be starring in the first Avengers film (talk about overkill, especially consider that 2/3 of the film will be focused on simply gathering and trying to temper the team, so throwing in a massive villain that hasn't yet been introduced to the series seems wasteful). Loki is most probably the main villain of this film (though a future villain could be hinted at for the sequel), and this supposed invasion force is simply a means to an end and will serve little other purpose.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 21:32   Link #137
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I seriously doubt Thanos will be starring in the first Avengers film (talk about overkill, especially consider that 2/3 of the film will be focused on simply gathering and trying to temper the team, so throwing in a massive villain that hasn't yet been introduced to the series seems wasteful). Loki is most probably the main villain of this film (though a future villain could be hinted at for the sequel), and this supposed invasion force is simply a means to an end and will serve little other purpose.
He or some other villain could be at the end though. Like a preview for a sequel or something. That is what I'm expecting anyway.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-05, 21:47   Link #138
GDB

Could also be where Loki gets his army from. Not like he has one readily available as it is.
Old 2012-03-06, 03:11   Link #139
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye... Loki isn't a "bad guy" in the black'n'white sense (at least in mythology) and it would be disappointing if they flattened him out like that.
In the comic books, he became a hot babe for several years, and now he's some innocent shota.

........ Just waiting for him to become a yandere loli next.
Old 2012-03-06, 03:39   Link #140
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
In the comic books, he became a hot babe for several years, and now he's some innocent shota.

........ Just waiting for him to become a yandere loli next.
That still isn't as strange as the mythological claim that he gave birth to Odin's horse. What does the comics say about that?

I do wonder though. It would BE a selling point if in a few years, Loki gets replaced by an actress.