AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-12, 01:35   Link #4561
alviam099

Spoiler:

Last edited by alviam099; 2012-10-12 at 02:07.
alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 01:44   Link #4562
Ddraig

Well you have to remember character Hercules himself can come from another different myth and legend that shape him just like Perseus. Even if he fit the bill of being last king his real identity might not be him but someone else again who's myth and legend shape him up.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 02:01   Link #4563
alviam099

Spoiler:

Old 2012-10-12, 02:02   Link #4564
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
Guys, any idea who the Last King might be? I would have bet it Heracles because he's the only one with a direct myth who the actual attributes of a [Steel] goes but Melqart and Verethragna was said to be him though so I wouldn't.

Well, is he really also a part of the Argonauts? I think it would be so easy to guess who if the clue was so easy to discern to begin with, so I was kinda thinking, what if it was just somebody related to it?

I'm so sorry for reading spoilers.
Spoilers please.

Also, Melqart and Verethragna aren't Heracles, they're associated with him, but they aren't him.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 02:06   Link #4565
alviam099

But they were described as him.

Somebody illuminate me, that's what I can remember from volume 3 anyway, I'll reread it.

EDIT: There you have it. I'm so sorry.

Another EDIT: I was indeed wrong Endscape's right, but that doesn't mean that it might still be him right? After all his legend's only made because of Baal and Melqart according to Campione anyway.

Last edited by alviam099; 2012-10-12 at 02:25.
Old 2012-10-12, 05:56   Link #4566
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Well even that is imposible true mastery of his autorities like most Campiones can only be obtained trough battle due to the fact (this is speculation but there is evidence this is right) that they activate their instincts, which is in part (or at least seems to be) information given to them by Pandora. Providing a certain level of Mastery and in that heightened state they can improve their own use of the abilitys.

As the sidestory of Dony has already proved if they dont feel threatened they dont resort to everything thay have.

Lol lets not farm monsters, we go to farm GOD´S. jajaja

And he has to blow up some more islands to gain control of that one. Spare me of that.
'Campione--Heretic Gods and God-Farming Demon King!'

He needs to blow a few more islands or even a few more lands. He needs to do it because he needs to master what might be his trump card in his fight against the L.K. Impressive, yes, but going into a fight with that sorry-ass technique will get him killed.This is why he needs to farm gods--starting with Melqart. We know he's alive. He's probably not the only one out in the wild either.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-12 at 08:00.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 10:34   Link #4567
Mars Mode

You know I can almost imagine.

Gods roaming around free in their natural enviroment, and a rude japanese fellow goes around killing endangered species.

Or some Gods of War encased in some farm in the middle of nowhere.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 19:40   Link #4568
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Someone SERIOUSLY needs to snap him out of this delusion. I just hope that he gets his arse kicked really bad for once--he needs to know that once you have become a campione, you either try to become stronger, or you die.
I agree, but the variety of his combine powers make it really hard to see him lose.
The way the story going is like Godou encounter a Enemy, Godou use Power A, no damage, Godou use Power B, little damage, Godou combine Power A and Power B, Enemy defeated a long with a few islands.

Another thing, as much I want Godou to train, I come to realise he can't, since most of his power won't activate unless certain events trigger it.
So the only REAL way to get stronger as stated before is God Farming (Training + new authority = WIN WIN)

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2012-10-12 at 20:12.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 20:11   Link #4569
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Kind of drastic, but yeah maybe Godou being completely powerless against an enemy will wake him up and make him take action. Godou will not take action unless it is absolutely the final decision or there is no choice. It is really annoying reading his exceptions to believe every single God he encounter will follow Modern Society rules and saying fighting is wrong.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 20:32   Link #4570
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I agree, but the variety of his combine powers make it really hard to see him lose.
The way the story going is like Godou encounter a Enemy, Godou use Power A, no damage, Godou use Power B, little damage, Godou combine Power A and Power B, Enemy defeated a long with a few islands.

Another thing, as much I want Godou to train, I come to realise he can't, since most of his power won't activate unless certain events trigger it.
So the only REAL way to get stronger as stated before is God Farming (Training + new authority = WIN WIN)
Actually, it's extremely easily to beat Godou. Many of the gods are just too dumb to realise it.
Spoiler for vol 9:
What you do is you take out his followers . Doing this will ensure no
Spoiler for vol 13:
, no golden sword and no backup at critical moments, which Godou heavily relies.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-13 at 01:05.
Old 2012-10-12, 20:45   Link #4571
PCheshire
Epitome of Randomness

well his followers are humans and for gods and some campiones humans are pretty much the same as harmless little bugs so they would never bother
PCheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 20:45   Link #4572
jonald101

Quote:
What you do is you take out his followers . Doing this will ensure no golden sword and no backup at critical moments, which Godou heavily relies.
Then Godou goes FUCK THIS WORLD and goes berserk because his lover are dead?
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 20:53   Link #4573
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonald101 View Post
Then Godou goes FUCK THIS WORLD and goes berserk because his lover are dead?
Then Godou = dead. Without the Golden Sword or the
Spoiler for vol 13:
, there's zero chance Godou could win against any god,berserk or otherwise.
Old 2012-10-12, 20:54   Link #4574
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Actually, it's extremely easily to beat Godou. Many of the gods are just too dumb to realise it.
Spoiler for vol 9:
What you do is you take out his followers . Doing this will ensure no golden sword and no backup at critical moments, which Godou heavily relies.
I wouldn't say the Gods are dumb, more like overconfidence which is understandable. As for Godou being easy to beat, yeah he is. Godou got to his head in the game, no matter how anyone looks at it. He is the only Campione that needs to support where else other Campiones can fight with themselves. The Harem element will still be a major part in his fighting, but he needs to be develop enough where he can take on Gods without resorting to the Harem so often.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 22:11   Link #4575
PCheshire
Epitome of Randomness

^and then be like a certain novel where the harem is useless and only the MC is doing all the work?
though i have to admit being stronger won't be so bad
gotta find out what Circe gave soon!!
PCheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 22:15   Link #4576
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCheshire View Post
^and then be like a certain novel where the harem is useless and only the MC is doing all the work?
Which one? Hagure Yuusha? Index?Mahouka? SAO?

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-13 at 00:46.
Old 2012-10-12, 22:20   Link #4577
Nekoppi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCheshire View Post
Doni has a butler supporting him. It was specifically stated at some point that without said butler he could not pull off being king.

JPS has US federal magicians helping her out behind the scenes.

Alec made himself an entire organization because it was useful.

Just because Godou can handle his 1 on 1 fights by himself, doesn't make the harem useless. It just relegates their tasks to supporting him in (or just handling) everything except when he decides to fist fight a god.
Nekoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 06:43   Link #4578
bludvein

Vol 9 was updated. It does bring up the option of learning some sort of martial art/swordsmanship, but for some reason Godou has decided he isn't talented at that despite never attempting to learn it. Besides, even if it did take him 50 years or w/e, he has the time. Not like it would make him worse or anything.

Seemed like a cop-out by the author to me.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 06:49   Link #4579
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Vol 9 was updated. It does bring up the option of learning some sort of martial art/swordsmanship, but for some reason Godou has decided he isn't talented at that despite never attempting to learn it. Besides, even if it did take him 50 years or w/e, he has the time. Not like it would make him worse or anything.

Seemed like a cop-out by the author to me.
He would be a competent swordsman if it took him 50 years or so, but that would not make him even near Erica, Seishuin or Lilianna's level. If he couldn't even beat those three, there's no way he could fight a god with that level of swordsmanship. The martial art gods use is described as legendary, remarkably distinct from those used by humans.There's also the fact that Godou does not have any motivation in learning swordsmanship. If you lack interest in a subject, there's no way you can effectively learn it.
Old 2012-10-13, 07:08   Link #4580
bludvein

Quote:
He would be a competent swordsman if it took him 50 years or so, but that would not make him even near Erica, Seishuin or Lilianna's level. If he couldn't even beat those three, there's no way he could fight a god with that level of swordsmanship. The martial art gods use is described as legendary, remarkably distinct from those used by humans.There's also the fact that Godou does not have any motivation in learning swordsmanship. If you lack interest in a subject, there's no way you can effectively learn it.
I know, its the fact that survival doesn't seem to be enough of a motivation for Godou that irritates me. It just makes me want to /facepalm sometimes. He seems unable to accept that everybody isn't going to leave him alone just because he doesn't want to be involved. Doing what he can to improve his chances would seem the obvious course, and since he doesn't want to go Voban's route of accumulating authorities, some sort of training would seem the way to go.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem