AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-12-24, 02:35   Link #221
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Gogeta gets my vote, and Bils strikes me as someone who could totally resist a Spirt Bomb. I say Gogeta, so we can see a STARDUST BIG BANG KAMEHAMEHA!!!

I just made that up.
Totally agree. I'm eager to see Gogeta in action again. What I love about him is that he doesn't mess around at all. He cuts straight to the chase and dispatches the enemy as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Is height that important right now?
It's just such a glaring mistake, know what I mean? Because not only is Gohan shorter than Goku, he's noticeably shorter for that matter. Toei shouldn't mess up on simple things like this. Hopefully, this error only extends as far as that promotional pic and not into the movie itself. Admittedly, this isn't the most important thing right now, but I just wanted to point it out as an observation.
Old 2012-12-24, 03:18   Link #222
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Totally agree. I'm eager to see Gogeta in action again. What I love about him is that he doesn't mess around at all. He cuts straight to the chase and dispatches the enemy as quickly as possible.
Well, that's partially true. SSJ Gogeta was serious fighter and did not screw around, however, in his SSJ4 form he would constantly screw around.
Old 2012-12-24, 03:33   Link #223
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well, that's partially true. SSJ Gogeta was serious fighter and did not screw around, however, in his SSJ4 form he would constantly screw around.
But this is a Z movie, not a GT one. So SSJ4 Gogeta is a non-factor here.
Old 2012-12-24, 23:50   Link #224
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^Either that or another Genki Dama end. Let's hope it's not the latter. It's been overused in the films and is quite frankly lame.
It's actually only been used in movies 2, 3, 4, and 7, and it was used as more of a power-up in 7 than an actual attack. Still hope against it, since I find it anti-climatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
Now I'm confused. The trailer showed post-Mystic Gohan with the closed eyes design, but this latest image shows pre-Mystic Gohan, presumably the version we see turning SSJ.
He also looks like "High School" Gohan moreso than the strong fighter he was by the time he faced Buu (and even when they competed in the Tournament).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 21:57   Link #225
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Is height that important right now?
They're over reacting, look closely and you'll see goku is in in the back behind goten and gohan. of course he'll look slightly taller.
Old 2012-12-26, 11:02   Link #226
GDB

Actually, perspective would indicate that the further away something is, the smaller it should look. However, we cannot see their feet, so we do not know if they were drawn at an angle that would have Gohan seated "lower" on the pane, essentially giving us a slightly overhead view.
Old 2012-12-26, 18:28   Link #227
Blackbeard D. Kuma

There doesn't appear to be any angle nor overhead perspective in the pic, so either Goku is standing at a higher elevation or they simply made a mistake. The latter seems to be the case.
Old 2012-12-26, 18:56   Link #228
sayde

I didn't think people would seriously be discussing this. My take:

They very well could be positioned at varying elevated levels as you suggested--especially since these guys can fly and stand on nothing but air. The fact that we can't see the lower half of this pic means its almost pointless to get disappointed over the supposed discrepancy regarding Gohans height in relation to Goku. Also, for the sake of the promo pic, it's likely that the person who illustrated this wanted Goku positioned slightly higher than everyone else to emphasize his role as main protagonist and father/leader of those two.

Either way, its too early to call it a retcon, contradiction, mistake, or whatever else comes to mind based on that picture alone.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 19:04   Link #229
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Here's a good example of what the heights should be like:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1...n_1__super.jpg
Old 2012-12-31, 11:23   Link #230
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

About

I've seen that image of Goten in lots of magazines. If you pay attention he looks out place considering the colors.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 04:31   Link #231
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
About
Spoiler for pic:

I've seen that image of Goten in lots of magazines. If you pay attention he looks out place considering the colors.
Sad but true...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 12:25   Link #232
GDB

So, there's the promotional material out now that's claiming Bils is the strongest/most powerful being ever seen in DBZ. But, I'm wondering how we're supposed to tell. Just trashing SSJ3 Goku won't be enough; Janemba did that too. No, the only way is going to be if SSJ Gogeta isn't strong enough to stop him, thus forcing SSJ3 Gogeta!

Though I suppose just making Gogeta struggle a bit would show more power than Janemba did, but still!
Old 2013-01-01, 13:42   Link #233
sayde

^^
Well the most powerful being we've ever seen in the DBZ canon was super Vegito. So it'll be pretty damn impressive if this guy can top that kind of power. Therefore, I'd agree in that the only force I could possibly imagine being enough to stop the big bad (if this is the case) would be a SSJ2 or SSJ3 Gogeta. And if all else fails, maybe they could borrow a page from movie 7 and have SSJ3 Gogeta absorb a super spirit bomb?

Last edited by sayde; 2013-01-01 at 13:55.
Old 2013-01-01, 14:53   Link #234
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I would like if they actually tried using more their brains rather getting even more power ups.

In the Hildegan movie and the Plan to Eliminate the Saiyans, Goku and company came up with tactics to defeat the villains. They were ridiculous but kind of made sense.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2013-01-01 at 15:49.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 17:27   Link #235
sky black swordman

^ I'm good with a little of both.
Old 2013-01-01, 22:28   Link #236
DeathStrike
SLASH!

Cha-La Head-Cha-La – FLOW
(Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Theme Song)
Old 2013-01-02, 03:49   Link #237
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Sounds cool enough, I quite like FLOW.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 04:53   Link #238
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I pay no mind to canon, strongest Z villain to me was Janemba.

Anyway, as I've mentioned before I'm calling Gogeta (SS3 or not), to be the trump card Goku uses against Bills.

Or maybe they'll pull an 180 and have him be too strong for Goku to beat.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 06:55   Link #239
sky black swordman

On the subject of Gogeta, will Vegeta even agree to the fusion ? IIRC, he hates the fusion dance.
In GT and in Fusion Reborn, he found it embarrassing and unfit for a warrior, of course he hesitantly still did it . However, the movie and GT are both non canon.
Old 2013-01-02, 06:56   Link #240
sayde

Quote:
I pay no mind to canon, strongest Z villain to me was Janemba.
Interesting. What did he do that makes him seem so superior to Super Buu to you? Because while both clearly overpower SSJ3 Goku, both were easily outclassed by a Goku+Vegeta fusion. And in Buu's defense, he did have to take on the stronger of the two fusions (since Kai earrings > fusion dance).