AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Your favorite Higurashi character Pt. 2
Maebara Keiichi 73 17.18%
Ryuguu Rena 157 36.94%
Sonozaki Mion 66 15.53%
Houjou Satoko 15 3.53%
Furude Rika 68 16.00%
Sonozaki Shion 46 10.82%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-08, 01:01   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi (1st season) Character Discussion / Poll

This is a thread dedicated to character discussions and a limited poll entry for major characters.

In the meanwhile, I have selected the five+one major characters for the polls. However, you are free to discuss any other characters as well. Remember, please don't just blot "XXX is my favorite character" without giving an acceptable reason.

Should you feel the urge to blurt something that hasn't been aired in the anime yet, remember the golden rule: spoiler tags are your friends

Spoiler tag examples
[spoiler]Text to be hidden[/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I could vote for everyone, I would. However, I decided to go with Sonozaki Mion as I do have a penchant for very outgoing girls who show signs of dere. Added to that, she is a very great friend to be with!!!
Old 2006-05-08, 01:21   Link #2
Lemonhead
Artificial Flavors

Kinda feel bad voting so early, when everyone is still pretty much a mystery. But there's just something about mion! So here's to her early lead.. =)
Old 2006-05-08, 01:30   Link #3
Sindas
Rinshan Kaiho

Go Go Keiichi!!!
Like Lemonhead I feel bad to have voted so early but their's just something about Keiichi in Onikakushi-hen that made him my favorite character.

I think I really want to get inside his head and their's also the fact that I can't really forgive his
Spoiler for event in episode 4:

BTW, I also happen to like character that actually succeed in making me hate them. Of course, it's not when I hate a character because of a bad story, it's more when a character does something radical or evil and I don't just go "meh... nothing fantatic about that..." or "simply to cliche..."

Mion come close second though...
Arghhh I may regret this vote since we're moving into Watanagashi-hen and it's suppose to be Mion's chapter...
Old 2006-05-08, 06:17   Link #4
Vicke

Well I voted on Mion but it feels kind of early to vote, hope the poll gets reset later when we know more about the character. I choose Mion because of ep5, Mion trying to hide her girly side was really cute, seems like she tries to act more tough than she really is. Close nr.2 comes Keiichi, he seems like a really nice guy.....when he isnt insane
Old 2006-05-08, 10:14   Link #5
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I'm voting for Sonozaki Mion~! for now... though I am pretty sure I'd vote for her in the future too~

I do like all the characters though. And I will probably like them all even more as the story goes on... except Rika... something about her... *looks around*

I liked Mion to begin with, but episode five made me fall in love. She's so cute. Love Shion second... if only for outer appearances. >__>;

Old 2006-05-08, 10:22   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its kinda hard to choose a fav' character out of all the great bunch that Higurashi has to give - but for now it'll have to be Shion. <3

Gaaah.. if i known no one had voted for Rika - i would have done desu. ;_;
Old 2006-05-08, 11:39   Link #7
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Satoko. Hands Down. No Questions About It. m(_ _)m Everything from her energetic appearance, her ojousama attitude, her smile, her pointy tooth, to her incredibly mature and gentle sides later on.... I haven't felt as moe about a character as I did with Satoko. (>ヮ<)

Once you guys see Tatarigoroshi, you can look back to this post and regret how you didn't vote for Satoko.

And once you guys see the end of Meakashi, you can look back to this post and(clip

There should definately be a second vote for this. Maybe when all the question chapters are out. So you guys can realize your mistakes and vote for Satoko!!

a...ahem.
Old 2006-05-08, 11:47   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Once you guys see Tatarigoroshi, you can look back to this post and regret how you didn't vote for Satoko.
I'm sure a lot of us here who haven't play the game are gonna wish we voted for someone else.. theres bound to be more interesting parts to a character in the series that are gonna change our minds.

Not me though.. Shioooon desu~ <3
Old 2006-05-08, 11:52   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
There should definately be a second vote for this. Maybe when all the question chapters are out. So you guys can realize your mistakes and vote for Satoko!!
Like I said, if I could've vote for everyone, I would. From Kei's KOOLness, to Rena's psychosis, Mion's dere, Satoko's....yeah you got that, and Rika's kick-ass line in Tsumihoroboshi, they all deserve a standing ovation from me.

But for me, it was either Mion or Shion. Meakashi-hen was one of my favorite chapters, and the whole picture of Shion's _____________ towards __________ really touched me. Albeit I did feel sorry for ______________, but Minagoroshi-hen really warmed me at how devoted Shion was in __________ ________________ . But I ended up choosing Mion. It's something within her that makes me click. She's just the friend that I would love to have!!!

Anyhow Angelsama, I've posted some Shion pics in the image thread for your pleasure.
Old 2006-05-08, 12:07   Link #10
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
For me, it was either Mion or Shion. Meakashi-hen was one of my favorite chapters, and the whole picture of Shion's _____________ towards __________ really touched me. Albeit I did feel sorry for ______________, but Minagoroshi-hen really warmed me at how devoted Shion was in __________ ________________ .
Lol, this reminded me of the old school homeworks. Guess I'll print it and try to see - at the end at series - if I'm able to complete it correctly. Just to see If I will have gotten something right. ^^

Quote:
I'm always against early polls on favourite characters, and more I am in the presence of a show like this. It's obvious how the presentation of the different characters will happen on different stages, and we (non Higurashi world acknowledged) will probably get all the puzzles' pieces in order to give a correct and reasonable vote, just straight at the end, or close to it.
So I obviously second (but I'm fairly sure it will happen) the request for a second poll later on the time.

As for my choice - postponed
I mean, in the first 4 episodes we got like a 60% of Rena, 30% of Mion, 5% each of Rika and Satoko. And no Shion.
Now with the new stage, in just an episode things seem to be settled very differently with Mion, Shion and Rika dividing an assumpt of 80%, leaving a 20% to Rena and Satoko. (I could be wrong, but I'm just judging from the appareances).

In example, I didn't like Mion much on the first arc, too much of "tsun" and too little of "dere" in her. Besides, Rena featured the infamous "oyashiro-mode" desu? , and despite my current avatar, I'd still be scared of her , even if I admit she was totally fascinating in her cutesy combined with insanity.

My choice now would so be for Shion, but, with just 1 episode seen of her, I don't think it would be fair enough. I'm for waiting at least the end of this second arc. And then let's see.
Old 2006-05-08, 12:08   Link #11
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

I agree with the other posters that it does feel early to be voting for characters right now, but I can't resist voicing my opinion. My feelings may change when more episodes come out.

Epiosdes 1-4 I liked Mion and Rena equally and as a pair. Rena with her cute tendenices, and Oyashiro-mode dialogue and look. Mion with her way of taking charge and friendliness. The two made a fun combo to watch.

Episode 5 tipped Mion in her favor for me. She's like Asa-sempai in Shuffle or Tina Foster (voice by the same seiyuu as Mion) in Ai Yori Aoishi, two other characters who I also like.

Mion showed a nice range of emotions. From the outwardly strong, extroverted, take charge girl we knew in Ep. 1-4; to Ep.5 where we see her more vulnerable and sensitive side, yearning to have be more feminine and having it that side appreciated by Keiichi.

Like KJ said, Mion is the girl you would love to have as a friend. Kind of why I like Asa-sempai and Tina Foster.

Shion is the intriguing counterpoint to Mion. It is great to have a character like her to play off Mion to bring the best and worst out of each other. If there was vote for supporting-actor category, I would vote for Shion. (Not to actually suggest starting a supporting-actor poll, just my hypothetical musing).

Okay, it's time for me to stop drinking the Mion-Shion Kool-Aid.

Last edited by SvenTheSweeper; 2006-05-08 at 12:33.
Old 2006-05-08, 12:21   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Anyhow Angelsama, I've posted some Shion pics in the image thread for your pleasure.
Thanking you. ^___^
Old 2006-05-08, 14:18   Link #13
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
i chose Rena...cuz i really like her cutesy yet psychotic personality...it makes her a really interesting char IMO...it's just sumthin about her that makes me like her even more (i love her "oyashiro-sama" mode)
my second choice wouldv been Mion due to most of the same reasons posted above...^^
Old 2006-05-08, 15:22   Link #14
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I voted Mion too. Not because of ep5, but mainly because I like that type of character in general.

...ep5 didn't help at all tho
Old 2006-05-11, 02:50   Link #15
evil-samurai

Hmm.... I really like Keiichi alot! as a male lead, sure he beat up those girls.. but nobody.. is exactly normal.... ^^; in this anime. He has a strong attitude which makes the anime great, and his reactions to lots of different situations are interesting... I just loved the way he handled the card game in episode 5

Out of the girls, I'm not a fan of Rena her normal everyday personality doesn't click with me and Rika is just too.. nice ^^; (though seeing more of her might change my thoughts..) I like nice but.. not with her, The whole Twin thing is interesting... I both like Mion and Shion, and I cant decide bettewen those girls right now. I want to see whats with Satoko >.< Just found a little about Rika.. O.o;; Satoko is a bit like Keiichi, her character is more bold. Mion is a bit like that but also she seems more restrained as well.

So I like Satoko and Mion & Shion, Rika and! also Keiichi, (well basically all the characters ^^; ) but so far out of the girls Satoko has the edge with her tooth & better dress (I kinda really! dislike Mion's skirt ^^; ) and with her Voice! and having more interesting screen time where she steals the screen like in ep.1 oh! and! I like her attitude as well. I dont see it changing from Satoko unless.. some character has some amazing screen time, and interesting development.

But still I've voted for Keiichi because, he is a lead who has attitude, humor and his normal personailty is just great! to watch. Though there is that.. other side but you cant hate him for it, all the characters are a bit crazy.. ^^;
Quote:
I agree with the other posters that it does feel early to be voting for characters right now, but I can't resist voicing my opinion. My feelings may change when more episodes come out.
Thats why early poll are good, its always interesting to see how and how many people change there minds about certain characters.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-05-11 at 08:26.
Old 2006-05-11, 03:46   Link #16
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Two words describes why Rika is my favorite:
みぃ~~~~~
and
にぱ~♪
Old 2006-05-11, 06:32   Link #17
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

I voted for Rena. Her "kana~kana~" and "Usoda!!!" has gone down in my obsession list ^^

For other characters not listed above, I go for Oishi. He somehow reminds me of Mr.Hercule Poirot ^^
Old 2006-06-02, 16:40   Link #18
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I voted for Mion, just because she's bold enough to be carrying a gun around in public. Of course also her character and personality. She owns Keiichi.

Though for some reason, I like the way Satoko talks. Sometimes she ends in ~desu, ~nee, ~waa, or ~yol(? someone correct me).
^
And I don't know what they mean? (polite, rude?)
Also I find it hard to believe the VA also voices Kagome from Inuyasha.
Old 2006-06-02, 17:16   Link #19
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Rena, kana~!

Anything else to say?
Old 2006-06-02, 20:55   Link #20
I<3killerloli's

I really like how this series is able to capture the archatypal friends a person can have. I mean, don't we all know a Rena, Mion, Satako and Rika?
Rena = Cute, kind, always there for you. Peppy and eccentric.
Mion = Tough, protective, opinionated and funny.
Satoko = Fun loving and wild.
Rika = Kind, introverted, would rather hear what people have to say than say things herself.
Another interesting thing I noticed is that it's one boy hanging out with a group of all females. Though some may consider this odd, I've seen this happen frequently. For my middle school years, I hanged out with mostly girls while in my high school years I hang out with mostly guys now (though it is mixed). This show manages to hit close to home.
Closed Thread