AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-24, 04:28   Link #61
tatami
back in black

if its chakra man. of chidori it sucks...he already got a sword and now an extending chakra sword and what then?hold another sword in mouth?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 04:34   Link #62
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

why not? oro was doing the same thing, holidng sword with his mouth, or he could fire chidori with his mouth (cero? ), espada sasuke
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 04:54   Link #63
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Not much to say on this chapter, good chapter indeed seems Sasuke's shape manipulation is great, even at its max if he can make a 12 foot sword who knows what else he can manipulate his chakra into. It's not too surprising to me that Sasuke made that blade without a base or medium (like his sword of kusanagi) because Naruto does this all the time, he’s never had any base to work with in terms of creating a chakra ball.

None the less, this chapter was really funny the whole Sai bit, I literally giggled like a school girl when I saw Sakura getting close to Naruto but then Sai steps in XD. Funny thing was, after reading what Sai Says about the book and helping your friends I asked my self "Why Sai, WHY! Helping your friends is good and all but address the situation first, you cock block!" At the end it was Kakashi eh... hmm, well I rather be fed by Kakashi then Orochimaru any day.

Lmao @ Orochimaru he seems more and more like the Michael Jackson of the Naruto world, especially that shot @ the ninja's where his tongue is sticking out, ok moving on, my only question is. The look on Kabuto's face, was this a look of concern for his beloved master, or was it a look of betrayal. Has Kabuto planned this from the start along with Sasuke? Also told Sasuke when Orochimaru's weakest state would be? Or does Kabuto not have the slightest idea.

If indeed, Kabuto has no idea this fight will have to be short and sweet, and quick, because Sasuke does not have much time to do what he needs to do. Once again my other concern is, if indeed Sasuke does kill Orochimaru who does Naruto have to save Sasuke from? If Sasuke kills Orochimaru his only objective is to kill Itachi who is also Akatsuki, which is also the same objective of Konoha they can literally team up. Then again, maybe this is all setup and Sasuke's final fight with Orochimaru as a "graduation exam" that Orochimaru wanted, to defeat Sasuke and take his body.

So many questions left unanswered, I hope it all becomes clear soon.
Old 2007-02-24, 04:55   Link #64
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Oh my God. The mangaka is the biggest Sasuke-fanboy of them all....

... So stupid.

Let´s just hope Orochimaru cripples Sasuke hard. Sasuke is far too arrogant for me to even like the character the slightest, I´d rather see Orochimaru eat him alive than seeing Sasuke win at this point in the story.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 05:21   Link #65
OMG_Zerg_Rush

On the last page it says "winner-takes-all final battle between student and teacher" so my guess is that we may see a death in the next few chapters.
________
Ford Mustang Ssp Specifications

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:50.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 05:27   Link #66
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAYFoX View Post
That chakra blade was definately the chidori with a more advanced shape manipulation.
Yep. Naruto and Sasuke succeeded where Yondaime and Kakashi failed.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 06:27   Link #67
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
I guess th part of the Curse Seal corroding one's will and making one a slave to Orochimaru is conveniently forgotten.
Does anyone have the original Japanese dialogue where this was stated? If I recall correctly it was a bit more complicated than the seal simply taking away one's will...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 06:36   Link #68
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

If indeed Sasuke is trying to kill Orochimaru I think he is going to have a hell of a hard time doing it.

We're talking about a guy who can single handidly fight a jinchurikii with the strongest bijuu while it is displaying a considerable amount of its power.

And even if Oro is hurt he will not toy with Sasuke. He has alot invested in this kid. His very livelyhood and the thing most important to him of all...advancing in power and ability.

Kabuto's place in the next chapter interests me. Is he going to betray Oro? That look was mighty suspicious.

I have a feeling that Sasuke is not going to escape and Kabuto is going to interfere, in Orochimaru's favor. Then they may make some sort of revelation that convinces Sasuke to stay loyal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Interesting chapter. So orochimaru has nothing left to teach sasuke? Yet sasuke still is reliant on that curse seal for power... And what jutsus will he use besides the same jutsus that orochimaru showed him? And will sasuke really gain pleasure from defeating a weakened orochimaru? Seems a little out of character to me...

And why would sasuke tell orochimaru that he wouldn't show any mercy to him? Eithe sasuke is using that phrase very badly out of context or he feels orochimaru has wronged him somehow and deserves no mercy. But what did Orochimaru do to wrong sasuke? Well apparently nothing in my mind; he raised him, trained him, and for three years pushed sasuke dangerously closer to his life's goal. Yes he was a little snide at times, but in all seriousness I don't see any wrong doing. After all, they did have a gentlemans agreement did they not? Which makes me wonder, if this was sasuke's plan all along. Was he a little liar when he and naruto were having those overly emotional shouting matches near the end of the first arc? Being a little liar is, well somewhat out of character for sasuke.

There is also the issue of if sasuke actually defeats orochimaru, what does that do to his konoha status? Can he go back? Will he want to go back when its all said and done (ie Itachi's dead)? How does he really feel about naruto? This recent twist has really mucked up quite a bit.

I mean, really. I'm not even sure of sasuke's status. I know he's a missing nin, but I don't think he's a hunted nin. Does konoha take him back if he says "look I killed orochimaru, I killed itachi, knocked off a good few akatsuki members. i want to be back". Does his status in their eyes change at all if he actually succeeds in his goals?
Some good questions.

Firstly, I think Sasuke's betrayl of Orochimaru is solely based on the desire for independence and he couldn't care less what kind of condition he is in. IT just so happens that his weakened state works to his advantage.

As far as what he could do to him. While it's true that everything that he has learned since the time skip has been from Orochimaru it doesn't mean that he hasn't made improvements to his own lessons or advanced further abilities during his own training.

The Chidori, chakra manipulation beam is proof that he has. Sasuke is by Oro's own admission an elite genius and he has displayed innovation in the past, such as creating the Lion Combo jutsu on the fly after copying part of Lee's Lotus move.

Even still I don't see how his arsenal can be above Oro's. Sure his sharingan makes him a quick learner and he may even be able to do certain moves better than Orovhimaru because of it but was Oro niave enough to teach him everything (e.g. Edo Tensai? Certainly not the Immortality Jutsu).

Since Oro knew this day would come I'm sure he has something up his sleeve. I think it is odd that Sasuke thinks he can beat Oro with his own curse seal, unless he has found a way to harness the power, free of Oro's control over him.

As far as his ruthlessness to Oro, he knows very well that Orochimaru was using him. It appears that he was using him in return. This is the same guy who abandoned his comrades and disrespected his former master, Kakashi who had done so much for him. All he cares about is killing Itachi but perhaps his arrogance has led him to prefer to do it on his own.

I would have thought that he and Oro had a mutual interest in taking down Akatsuki though. Joining forces would after all make it easier for him to get to Itachi.

As far as his status with Konoha concerned, I think that if Naruto and co. brought him back that he would be placed under house arrest and it would be awhile before the village trusted him to walk out on his own.

They'd probably give him psychological evaluations to see if he is fit to function in normal society. Surely they understand his situation so I don't think he would be a permanent outcast.

But there is no way they would allow him to seek revenge on Itachi, so he would not think of going back before then.

As far as what he would do after he gets his revenge, I don't think he has even thought about that. He did claim that he was going to revive his clan, which means getting married and raising a family, but that was before Itachi drove him insane and made him leave the village.

At this point I don't think he cares if he dies from his wounds after fighting Itachi. If he survives there may be too much darkness in his heart for him to desire going back to Konoha. He may become a hermit afterwards or even start his own village with his Uchiha descendants as the rulers.

Just some thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Does anyone have the original Japanese dialogue where this was stated? If I recall correctly it was a bit more complicated than the seal simply taking away one's will...
If it is a mistranslation then maybe so. But that's what was explained to Sasuke in the translation.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-24 at 07:58. Reason: If you have to post pics from the manga, use crops rather than full pages.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 07:14   Link #69
Ero-Senn1n

I don't know if it's an error in the manga or something else but i noticed there's a circle around Orochimaru's seal which seems to be Kakashi's suppressor seal. Wasn't it removed by Orochimaru??? I think Oro would not be so careless to not remove Kakashi's seal, and thus give a chance to Sasuke for killing him.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 07:36   Link #70
tatami
back in black

if it is still there oro wouldnt bother with it and didnt in the past because he was sure of sasuke coming to him for more power and the seal is working only if sasuke wants it...oro didnt calculate the betrayal so the seal wasnt that important at all...
Old 2007-02-24, 07:48   Link #71
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
if it is still there oro wouldnt bother with it and didnt in the past because he was sure of sasuke coming to him for more power and the seal is working only if sasuke wants it...oro didnt calculate the betrayal so the seal wasnt that important at all...
Oro DID calculate the betrayl, read the chapter.

As far as Kakashi's evil supressor seal is concerned I am certain that Oro got rid of it.

Jiraiya got rid of Oro's 5-way seal on Naruto that was placed on him to disrupt his connection with Kyuubi while they were fighting in the Forest of Death.

Ever since Kakashi put that seal on Sasuke there has always been a circle around Oro's seal. But now there isn't so it appears to be dealt with.

Oro also broke Sasori's seal on Kabuto so that ability appears to be nothing new for him.
Old 2007-02-24, 07:55   Link #72
ajay29

Just a thought, is there any chance that what we are seeing as sasuke is actually Kabuto in a henge (sp?)....
Its probably not true, but the look kabuto gave over his shoulder, could have been him making sure Sasuke wasn't around so he could betray instead?
The chakra sword could be Kabuto's, it wouldn't surprise me if he had a bunch of tricks oro had'nt seen before.
Just a thought, discuss!
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 08:02   Link #73
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
Oro DID calculate the betrayl, read the chapter.
huh where? if he calculated it he wouldnt be suprised or he wouldnt train him so hard...
Old 2007-02-24, 08:04   Link #74
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay29 View Post
Just a thought, is there any chance that what we are seeing as sasuke is actually Kabuto in a henge (sp?)....
Its probably not true, but the look kabuto gave over his shoulder, could have been him making sure Sasuke wasn't around so he could betray instead?
The chakra sword could be Kabuto's, it wouldn't surprise me if he had a bunch of tricks oro had'nt seen before.
Just a thought, discuss!
That would be interesting. Oro said the chakra was "his", but he had never used the chakra manipulation before and asked "who are you?".

So it's possible that it is Kabuto in disguise trying to cause a rift between Oro and Sasuke.

But I think that is a bit too much. How could he know Chidori and fake the sharingan as well as curse seal?

He would be found out rather quickly. I'm pretty sure that it is Sasuke on a power trip.

But Kabuto's expression does make me curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
huh where? if he calculated it he wouldnt be suprised or he wouldnt train him so hard...
He stated that he knew it would come to this (well depends on the translation ).
Old 2007-02-24, 08:05   Link #75
GrAYFoX

Hmmm... after a second pass i noticed in the picture where Sasuke is standing in the doorway he has the seal partially released in order to do the chakra blade. Kinda like a mini CS1. Then in the last frame he fully actives his CS1 form.

This reminds me when Kimmimaro did the same thing in order to access his more advanced abilities (from memory he did a partial release to create the bone sword). Seems like Sasuke can control his seal distribution just as well. I look forward to see what abilities his CS grants him.... MS with CS2? who knows. Next chapter will be fun though
GrAYFoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 08:17   Link #76
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishinfoulux View Post
this chapter felt like it took forever to come out...worth it as always though...

anyways not much to say that no one else has covered already. bed-ridden or not, oro should NOT lose this fight. and honestly i dont think sasuke is dumb enough to fall for the "fake death" trick. perhaps oro will beat some sense into him and sasuke will realize that he stilll has "much more to learn" from oro.

also its funny some people bitched about naruto nuking kakuzu but when sasuke wipes out a field of sound nin on one raises an eyebrow. thats no easy feat, generic henchmen or not. i know kishi loves his sasuke but i hope he doesnt make him so horrendously overpowered. doesnt matter i suppose in the end because if he faces naruto again, he willl surely fail.
Well Sasuke is a genius but Naruto is a clumsy idiot.
Old 2007-02-24, 08:22   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Oro is both an obstacle and a big helper in Sasuke's path, towards achieving his ultimate goal of eliminating Itachi.

And both cases will stay valid as long as Sasuke stays weaker than Itachi.
Obviously this is not what Sasuke thinks. Orochimaru used to br both useful and dangerous in Sasuke eyes but he just said that Oro has nothing to teach him anymore. In this case Oro has outlasted his usefulness and only remains a threat for Sasuke.
Moreso Sasuke obviously doesn't like him to say the least, he was willing to make a pact with the devil to gain power but that doesn't mean he liked what he saw during these 2.5 years.

This has nothing to do with Sasuke not being serious about his revenge (I mean duh!) in fact funny enough I remember people saying that Sasuke giving his body to Orochimaru instead of trying to fight Itachi by himself meant he had lost his avenger status. Well it seems Sasuke was just playing with Oro to obtain what he wanted... Of course he may realize soon than taking on Orochimaru is more that he could chew.
But if taking on Orochimaru is more than he can handle then he truly has not chance against Itachi so it's a good test for him either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
Here is the sentence of Oro in Japanese:

"この子を見てると・・天才と呼ばれていた自分が惨めに思えてくるわね..."

この子を見てると/ kono ko wo miteru = while looking at this kid
天才/tensai = genius
と呼ばれていた/to yobareteita = was called
自分が/ jibun ga = I'm
惨め/mijime = miserable
に思えてくるわね/ ni omoetekuruwane = looked like

The right translation is:

While looking at this kid...(Me) who was called a genius... looked miserable.
While what you say is true and there is no direct mention of "at the same age", it is implied since Oro's sentence is in the past. "I was called a genius but I looked pathetic compared to this kid [ie when I was younger myself].
Since this isn't a direct comparison of strength but rather about how much talent they got it doesn't really matter but the translation isn't wrong.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 08:44   Link #78
Mirtual

Nice chapter.
Orochimaru is pretty much dead.
If Shikamaru could take down an Akatsuki member all by himself, an Naruto surpassed a mangekyou sharingan Kakashi by now, than Sasuke is so going to kick Orochimarus half dead ass, it won't even be an interesting fight.
Well, maybe if Kabuto joins the fight Orochimaru might last another two chapters.

Kind of makes me wonder if Itachi is going to have a chance against Sasuke.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 09:14   Link #79
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual View Post
Nice chapter.
Orochimaru is pretty much dead.
If Shikamaru could take down an Akatsuki member all by himself, an Naruto surpassed a mangekyou sharingan Kakashi by now, than Sasuke is so going to kick Orochimarus half dead ass, it won't even be an interesting fight.
Well, maybe if Kabuto joins the fight Orochimaru might last another two chapters.

Kind of makes me wonder if Itachi is going to have a chance against Sasuke.
The manga would pretty much be dead if the plot outline you've laid out was followed.
Old 2007-02-24, 09:41   Link #80
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Mirtual makes the most sense. Bye Oro ='(.

No one else thought this chapter had two of the most prettiestestness pages ever?

Pg 4 and 16 are so good o.o.

Makes you forget all about Hidan..
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote