AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-19, 00:37   Link #1
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

ichigo, why no bankai?

i'm currently watching the bounto fillers, and urahara explained to ichigo why he can't use bankai, sort of. i still didn't understand the entirety of it. so ichigo is weaker in the real world... why? i understand that captains and vice-captains have their strengths lowered 5X (which i think is stupid), but why would it change for ichigo? also, since he can't use bankai, does that mean that his normal abilities are lowered also? just curious, because he's sucked so far in this arc. he can't even beat a shinigami who easily lost to kenpachi.
Old 2006-07-19, 00:50   Link #2
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Ichigo isn't effected by the 80% weaker thing. He just can't seem to Bankai in the human world for some reason.

And a safe bet would be that Ichinose has trained to Bankai himself after the last Kenpachi encounter.
Old 2006-07-19, 01:29   Link #3
Cooldude

Because the producers decide that Ichigo Bankai would've pwned those Bount so bad that they decided to nerf him for the time being
Old 2006-07-19, 02:22   Link #4
Sunabouzu

I think it´s because the shinigami-world is a spirit-world and there is as good as everywhere spirit-energy in the air (you know what i mean xD) so it was easier to use bankai in the soule-society...now he sucked in the real world but soon he will be alble to use bankai again^^ and will kick the asses of the bounto...so i hope at least -.-

Old 2006-07-19, 03:12   Link #5
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunabouzu
I think it´s because the shinigami-world is a spirit-world and there is as good as everywhere spirit-energy in the air (you know what i mean xD) so it was easier to use bankai in the soule-society...now he sucked in the real world but soon he will be alble to use bankai again^^ and will kick the asses of the bounto...so i hope at least -.-
If that were true, it'd apply to Renji too, and if you seen the ep90 preview...
Old 2006-07-19, 03:14   Link #6
Sunabouzu

maybe it's because that Ichigo is still human?

Old 2006-07-19, 03:38   Link #7
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunabouzu
maybe it's because that Ichigo is still human?
He became a full-Shinigami in spiritmode after Urahara's training, so I doubt that's it.
Old 2006-07-19, 03:44   Link #8
janmurphy
but the soul still burns!

Send a message via MSN to janmurphy
Hes a full shinegami but he has a human body, (is what i think suna means) which none of the other full shinegami have. Or maybe its the badge Ukitate gave him, but thats a shoot in the dark from me.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-07-20 at 00:33. Reason: spoiler removed
Old 2006-07-19, 08:19   Link #9
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

It's an anime thread janmurphy, not everyone reads the manga. Spoiler your post.
Old 2006-07-19, 09:32   Link #10
AKDieseL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
Because the producers decide that Ichigo Bankai would've pwned those Bount so bad that they decided to nerf him for the time being

Theres your answer
Old 2006-07-19, 10:57   Link #11
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Welcome to the wonderfull land of filler and denial of previous devellopement.

Filler = dumb down the show making it ridiculous... ichigo struggling against some trash mobs in filler is in complete contraction with what we saw previously... it s like naruto defeating Gaara then struggling against some nonamed filler vilain... anyway those show are worthless atm

they cant let the character evolves because that devellopment would be in contradiction with the manga when the anime would go back to the manga plot. Making him face opponent bigger than the hollow thingy and letting him use his bankai would make the hollow thingy from the manga look gimpy. Therefore filler = sucky opponent + bankai nerf + memwipe of previous devellopement for the suck
Old 2006-07-19, 11:35   Link #12
Cooldude

Still would've preferred if they did some Fumoffu like fillers, Bleach-humour's superb

And the sudden disappearance of any Hollows is kinda a put-off
Old 2006-07-19, 12:11   Link #13
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
Welcome to the wonderfull land of filler and denial of previous devellopement.

Filler = dumb down the show making it ridiculous... ichigo struggling against some trash mobs in filler is in complete contraction with what we saw previously... it s like naruto defeating Gaara then struggling against some nonamed filler vilain... anyway those show are worthless atm

they cant let the character evolves because that devellopment would be in contradiction with the manga when the anime would go back to the manga plot. Making him face opponent bigger than the hollow thingy and letting him use his bankai would make the hollow thingy from the manga look gimpy. Therefore filler = sucky opponent + bankai nerf + memwipe of previous devellopement for the suck
That don't have anything to do with it at all. Gaining his Bankai back is the GOAL of the arc... if there was a different one, he wouldn't be be weaker. Don't blame it on "filler".

Filler this, filler that. Every chance ppl get to bash it, no matter how illogical, you guys take it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
And the sudden disappearance of any Hollows is kinda a put-off
Wow, I'm not the only one who noticed the lack of hollows...
Old 2006-07-19, 12:15   Link #14
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'd say for the same reason you see Naruto get smacked around in the filler arcs, don't want any character development there to conflict w/ the actual manga (tear drop)

Didn't they also say earlier in the arc that if Ichigo used his bankai the city would of been basically fuxxored big time? :P

edit: Maybe the Afro Shinigami has been taking out the Hollows
Old 2006-07-19, 12:30   Link #15
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
I'd say for the same reason you see Naruto get smacked around in the filler arcs, don't want any character development there to conflict w/ the actual manga (tear drop)
Again, a filler basher ignores me...

Quote:
edit: Maybe the Afro Shinigami has been taking out the Hollows
He totally wins then for not sucking any more.
Old 2006-07-19, 12:35   Link #16
Flashdance
Tower

Actually Ichigo cant use Bankai because he has been made a shinigami apprentice
before he left Soul Society. They also gave him that wodden sign which he could use to change into shinigami form...
Thats why a few bounto´s called him shinigami-boy or something like that, because he isnt a full shinigami... though he is sort of "registered" in Soul society now, thats why they are able to limit Ichigo´s power in the real world....
And the reason why the power of Shinigamis (especially the one´s who have achieved Bankai) are limited has allready been said. (because their powers would cause to much damage in the real world)...
Old 2006-07-19, 12:42   Link #17
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Ichigo is not restricted in the human world. The only possible explanation would be the environment. In soul society everything is spirit so he has a easier time to use it. Kinda like Ishida was stronger in SS.

So he just has to learn to use Bankai in a less than perfect condition.
Old 2006-07-19, 12:56   Link #18
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'm not bashing anything...I actually like the fillers for the most part
Old 2006-07-19, 13:14   Link #19
Flashdance
Tower

This is when Ichigo became a Shinigami Apprentice

[img=http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/6903/bscap0ay9.th.jpg]

This is shortly after Ichigo couldnt use his Bankai.

This is when Renji tells Ichigo about powerlimiting in the RealWorld...

The fact that in Soul Society there is more spiritual energy could also be another factor that adds to this...
Old 2006-07-19, 13:15   Link #20
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
Ichigo is not restricted in the human world. The only possible explanation would be the environment. In soul society everything is spirit so he has a easier time to use it. Kinda like Ishida was stronger in SS.

So he just has to learn to use Bankai in a less than perfect condition.
That sounds logical enough. If you don't consider Renji's Bankai in ep89(which he hasn't done in the human world yet either)

Quote:
I'm not bashing anything...I actually like the fillers for the most part
Your opinion is still prejudiced, as your still judging them as "fillers" and not simply normal episodes. It's not a matter of liking them or not.

I like SS far better, but I treat all episodes the same because there's nothing logical to warrant treating them any different.