AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-08-01, 02:57   Link #1
cyberdemon

Seems that Lionsgate has secured the rights to Naruto and are going to make a live action film

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-movie/.91159

Last edited by james0246; 2015-08-03 at 13:45.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 03:15   Link #2
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Lionsgate has secured the rights to Naruto and are going to make a live action movie

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-movie/.91159
Not Again!!

Every time i see a live action of an Anime made by a US director it turns into something down right terrible. At the very last pick a director who has seen the original content.

Sorry... had a flashback from "Dragonball Evolution" ...

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 16:23   Link #3
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Not Again!!

Every time i see a live action of an Anime made by a US director it turns into something down right terrible. At the very last pick a director who has seen the original content.

Sorry... had a flashback from "Dragonball Evolution" ...
If they don't want to follow original content and just used general plot, then sure, but tell us that to our face instead of waiting till opening day
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 22:55   Link #4
Wandering Soul

Now I'm getting Dragon Ball evolution flashbacks which is not a good thing.
Old 2015-08-03, 23:30   Link #5
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hey, look at the bright side, when the movie comes out, at least I can see some white dudes hilariously playing ninja again which I’ve missed since the glory days of American Ninja or Beverly Hills Ninja.

Want a taste? (hand-seals)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Another? (from “nunchaku” to “OUCHaku”)
Images

One last time? (ninjas and lasers, why not?)
Images

America, baby!! (Dudikoff, love that guy )
Images
Old 2015-08-04, 09:16   Link #6
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

To be honest, Naruto is blond, I can't see anyone but a white guy playing him in a live action movie.

Unless they take the SNK route where they turn all white characters into Japanese.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 09:38   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
To be honest, Naruto is blond, I can't see anyone but a white guy playing him in a live action movie.
Yep, see the pic of Michael Dudikoff above. Just give him the Konoha headband and bam! he's Naruto .
Old 2015-08-04, 15:08   Link #8
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:

Unless they take the SNK route where they turn all white characters into Japanese.
They don't have much of a choice, there isn't a mixture of cultures and races like in the U.S. 99.9% of the population is Asian. We on the other hand have many Asian Actors to place into Asian roles such as placing Keanu Reeves in a role as a Ronin Samurai.......... NM let's just go with making Tom Cruise the last Samurai.............

well lets move along...

Old 2015-08-05, 12:17   Link #9
Lutz2

Naruto becomes a Live Action Movie?
Spoiler for :
Lutz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 23:01   Link #10
MrSharigan

Live action films usually suck but I really can't wait to see Naruto's live action!
MrSharigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 11:03   Link #11
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It's dragon ball all over again, Lions Gate is notorious for horrible B movies.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 18:32   Link #12
itachi-san314

Quote:
me too. the only person to blame for not casting a japanese actor is kishi for the character design. there is nothing remotely japanese looking about naruto.

and for those who think it will automatically suck, there is this. although i have a feeling that those guys probably get naruto better than some producers with a budget and projection spreadsheet.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 12:38   Link #13
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Well in all the negatives there is one thing to consider in all of this. The movie will be directed by the great director Michael Gracey. His complete list of movies directed include such titles as:

Naruto (2017)
The Greatest Showman on Earth (2016)
end of list...

... what could go wrong?

The rest of his involvement in the industry are a few b movies where he worked in visual effects and art department.

Old 2015-08-18, 12:50   Link #14
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Well in all the negatives there is one thing to consider in all of this. The movie will be directed by the great director Michael Gracey. His complete list of movies directed include such titles as:

Naruto (2017)
The Greatest Showman on Earth (2016)
end of list...

... what could go wrong?

The rest of his involvement in the industry are a few b movies where he worked in visual effects and art department.
They aren't even trying -.-
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 13:04   Link #15
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:

I would do an alternate earth story, with different actors, not just USA actors and difference by race, but real difference, like in case of Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards. That means different languages and cultures, with smaller countries/villages being more homogenous like smaller nations in our world, while the 5 large countries and villages being more mixed as it was the case with some larger earth empires (romans, great britain, etc.). That way for example Naruto can be north european type blonde guy (inheriting blonde from his father, but the Uzumaki could be Irish descent because of red hair) while Sasuke/Uchiha being a japanese guy and for example Sakura could be indian (that would also fit the sign on her forehead), Hinata and Hyuuga could be chinese, etc. This would give opportunity to select actors from all around the world, not just from Hollywood.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 17:23   Link #16
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

lol I wonder if the director decided to do an alternate take on the characters and decided to make Sakura the main love interest...(ugh sorry just even saying that considering how much I adore Hinata JUST doesn't feel right lol) and the movie proceeds to most likely bomb at the box office...will the crazy NaruSaku fans call it the best thing ever? Lol
Old 2015-08-18, 18:46   Link #17
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon64 View Post
lol I wonder if the director decided to do an alternate take on the characters and decided to make Sakura the main love interest...(ugh sorry just even saying that considering how much I adore Hinata JUST doesn't feel right lol) and the movie proceeds to most likely bomb at the box office...will the crazy NaruSaku fans call it the best thing ever? Lol
They'll gush over it. Proclaim it to be true canon despite Kishimoto likely not having anything to do with it and this is after denying the canonicity of The Last despite Kishimoto being quite involved.
Old 2015-08-20, 04:17   Link #18
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

One last time? (ninjas and lasers, why not?)
Images

Love to edit that and get Goku hit in the chest with it.

Anyways for the topic no please, was disapointed on AOT not another disapointment
Old 2015-08-20, 20:54   Link #19
fuff

just because they announced it doesnt mean it will happen...didnt they announce death note awhile back with supposdely zac efron as light LOL
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 02:10   Link #20
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Oh how much worse can they make the Naruto series look? Kishi already ruined his own series himself, mine as well add frosting to the cake and go live action too. All they have to do is make the love triangle the main focus to save money from all the special affects every once while show the so called plot. Sakura fans can be happy cuz shey'll be doing some thing and be considered a main character. I wonder who they'll get to cast the female main cast? Needs to be in mid teens, they'll have to change hair styles. I can't picture any one who would fit these characters, oh forget it just pick some random people who look nothing like them. It's going to flop any ways, mine as well go all out.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote