AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-23, 19:35   Link #41
xyz
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
Well it sounds like another example of conflicting translations because the one I read says something very different.
Here is the sentence of Oro in Japanese:

"この子を見てると・・天才と呼ばれていた自分が惨めに思えてくるわね..."

この子を見てると/ kono ko wo miteru = while looking at this kid
天才/tensai = genius
と呼ばれていた/to yobareteita = was called
自分が/ jibun ga = I'm
惨め/mijime = miserable
に思えてくるわね/ ni omoetekuruwane = look like

The right translation is:

While looking at this kid...(Me) who was called a genius... look miserable.

Last edited by xyz; 2007-02-24 at 12:09. Reason: typo
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 19:45   Link #42
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Ok well this is the translation that I was referring to.

Spoiler for Orochimaru's comment:

I can't read kanji as I'm sure is true for most people here so I rely on whatever scanlations I find (not NAMING them Mods ).
Old 2007-02-23, 20:19   Link #43
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-There is something that strikes me as odd. If Orochimaru knew it was time to change bodies once again why is he bothering to prolong his stay in the current one with drugs? Surely he wants to take control of the Sharingan as soon as possible so it makes no sense as to why he would wait. Bah, yet another plot hole...
Old 2007-02-23, 20:24   Link #44
tatami
back in black

mAybe he is not willingly doing it...i mean maybe he had to be rejected from his current body totally only then he can move to next one?...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 20:31   Link #45
baalthaczaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-There is something that strikes me as odd. If Orochimaru knew it was time to change bodies once again why is he bothering to prolong his stay in the current one with drugs? Surely he wants to take control of the Sharingan as soon as possible so it makes no sense as to why he would wait. Bah, yet another plot hole...
if i am not mistaken, since orochimaru transfered to his new body (after the sandaime sealed his arms) only a little under 3 years (which is the earliest that he could transfer into a new body) he trained sasuke to keep him occupied during those three years that he is waiting, not to make him stronger (that was just a bonus for sasuke).
baalthaczaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 20:41   Link #46
tatami
back in black

btw wtf is sasuke holding? (extending lightsaber?)
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 21:07   Link #47
Blaster

I would be disappointed if Oro dies to Sasuke. It is very un-Orochimaru to be unprepared.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 21:08   Link #48
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
Nothing, he was just extending his own chakra.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 22:20   Link #49
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
I would be disappointed if Oro dies to Sasuke. It is very un-Orochimaru to be unprepared.
I bet Kabuto bails him out yet again. I really have a hard time believing either of them will die off. Especially when the manga built both characters up for at least 300 chapters.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 22:24   Link #50
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Orochimaru cannot enter Sasuke's body until exactly 3 years after obtaining the current one.

It isn't really explained why his current body is corroding. He acquired this body out of desperation because Sandaime's jutsu that sealed his arms was beginning to corrode the previous body.

We don't know how long he can occupy one body at a time. It is possible that he could stay in Sasuke's body for decades until Sasuke's lifetime runs its course and he needs a new body.

One thing we know for sure is that this body is corroding and the reason he is prolonging it with medicine is because he cannot make the switch until the last 6 months of the 3 year period are up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
Orochimaru called it a chakra manipulation. I think Sasuke has found a way to control the shape of the energy emitted by Chidori.

So he basically has an extending lighting beam coming out of his hand.

I wonder if he is above Kakashi's level in his abilities with lightning manipulation.
Old 2007-02-23, 23:03   Link #51
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Interesting chapter. So orochimaru has nothing left to teach sasuke? Yet sasuke still is reliant on that curse seal for power... And what jutsus will he use besides the same jutsus that orochimaru showed him? And will sasuke really gain pleasure from defeating a weakened orochimaru? Seems a little out of character to me...

And why would sasuke tell orochimaru that he wouldn't show any mercy to him? Eithe sasuke is using that phrase very badly out of context or he feels orochimaru has wronged him somehow and deserves no mercy. But what did Orochimaru do to wrong sasuke? Well apparently nothing in my mind; he raised him, trained him, and for three years pushed sasuke dangerously closer to his life's goal. Yes he was a little snide at times, but in all seriousness I don't see any wrong doing. After all, they did have a gentlemans agreement did they not? Which makes me wonder, if this was sasuke's plan all along. Was he a little liar when he and naruto were having those overly emotional shouting matches near the end of the first arc? Being a little liar is, well somewhat out of character for sasuke.

There is also the issue of if sasuke actually defeats orochimaru, what does that do to his konoha status? Can he go back? Will he want to go back when its all said and done (ie Itachi's dead)? How does he really feel about naruto? This recent twist has really mucked up quite a bit.

I mean, really. I'm not even sure of sasuke's status. I know he's a missing nin, but I don't think he's a hunted nin. Does konoha take him back if he says "look I killed orochimaru, I killed itachi, knocked off a good few akatsuki members. i want to be back". Does his status in their eyes change at all if he actually succeeds in his goals?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 23:49   Link #52
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Interesting chapter. So orochimaru has nothing left to teach sasuke? Yet sasuke still is reliant on that curse seal for power... And what jutsus will he use besides the same jutsus that orochimaru showed him? And will sasuke really gain pleasure from defeating a weakened orochimaru? Seems a little out of character to me...

And why would sasuke tell orochimaru that he wouldn't show any mercy to him? Eithe sasuke is using that phrase very badly out of context or he feels orochimaru has wronged him somehow and deserves no mercy. But what did Orochimaru do to wrong sasuke? Well apparently nothing in my mind; he raised him, trained him, and for three years pushed sasuke dangerously closer to his life's goal. Yes he was a little snide at times, but in all seriousness I don't see any wrong doing. After all, they did have a gentlemans agreement did they not? Which makes me wonder, if this was sasuke's plan all along. Was he a little liar when he and naruto were having those overly emotional shouting matches near the end of the first arc? Being a little liar is, well somewhat out of character for sasuke.

There is also the issue of if sasuke actually defeats orochimaru, what does that do to his konoha status? Can he go back? Will he want to go back when its all said and done (ie Itachi's dead)? How does he really feel about naruto? This recent twist has really mucked up quite a bit.

I mean, really. I'm not even sure of sasuke's status. I know he's a missing nin, but I don't think he's a hunted nin. Does konoha take him back if he says "look I killed orochimaru, I killed itachi, knocked off a good few akatsuki members. i want to be back". Does his status in their eyes change at all if he actually succeeds in his goals?
Good questions to ask but I doubt the story will push in a direction where those things will surface regarding him.
Old 2007-02-24, 02:07   Link #53
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Oro is both an obstacle and a big helper in Sasuke's path, towards achieving his ultimate goal of eliminating Itachi.

And both cases will stay valid as long as Sasuke stays weaker than Itachi.

So, it is really not easy to understand Sasuke's intentions. If he is currently weaker than Itachi, why would he want to enter an "unknown" path and try to create a further delay in his vengeance? One cannot help but thinking "Is he really serious about his revenge?". He wanted to become stronger as soon as possible, but, right now, since he assumes he is not going to become stronger without giving his body to Oro, he wants to quit his previous decision, and tries to search for another path, that "may or may not" lead to the result he desires.
I do not think he ever intended to give up his body to Orochimaru. He knew both Orochimaru and Kabuto were there when he said that to Naruto & Co. And given that time's running out for Orochimaru, it seems logical for Sasuke to eliminate him before having his body taken over, and find power in some other way. Especially since it seems he had nothing else to learn from Orochimaru... weird as though it may seem...

On another note, obviously Sasuke won't be taken over, Kishimoto has been building the rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke the entire series, this manga revolves around the two of them.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 02:28   Link #54
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Very very awesome chapter. I enjoyed it a lot. Extendo-pole go!
Old 2007-02-24, 02:59   Link #55
Yogi

I guess th part of the Curse Seal corroding one's will and making one a slave to Orochimaru is conveniently forgotten.

So, Sasuke defeats 1000 ninjas. Could be impressive, depending on how strong the ninja were. Technically, Naruto could replicate the feat be sending in his massive Kage Bunshin army while staying in the back (though he's probably wind up attacking with them.) It's not like killing cannon fodder ninja is particularly hard. Remember, the Inverse Ninja Rule applies to Naruto as well.

I assume that the sword is just a manipulated Chidori. It's strange that Orochimaru tried to block it instead of dodging or using a Kawamiri no Jutsu. Perhaps he's relying on his body renewal jutsu a bit too much?

It seems like there's only Orochimaru, Kabuto, and Sasuke living together with no one else. Do they argue over whose turn it is to cook, or do they just order takeout? Perhaps they live on Instant Ramen, which explains why Orochimaru's body is decaying.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 03:19   Link #56
Onegem

~!

The ninjas in the ninja army looked like jounins to me, since they are wearing that overcoat jacket that I have only seen chuunins and jounins wearing. And we all do know that defeating so many trained ninjas are hard, its not the same as defeating a thousand bandits.

Alright Sasuke finally stood up for himself, I was afraid that Sasuke would just submit himself willingly to Oro when he told Naruto that he would even sacrifice himselfto kill Itachi, but this really showed he had backbone.

Why won't he have some secret jutsus up his sleeve that Oro doesn't know? Its not like Oro watches him train 24/7, he could have developed it himself. Yeah I agree that he wouldn't win, maybe he will reach a stalemate where Oro failed the taking over process and have a partial control over his body, maybe something like what Sandaime did to Oro.

Kabuto to have helped Sasuke secretly and try to backstab Oro all the way! That look he gave when he turned back after leaving the room suggested he knew something was going on.
Onegem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 03:22   Link #57
tkdtiger

I thought this was a good read. It had some surprises, although I must disagree that it shows Saukra having feelings for Naruto. To me it just shows that she's developing a friendship with Naruto. Since the beginning when she realized how far in skill she was compared to Naruto and Sasuke and this really seems to me to be another example of her wanting to do more. It's not nec. Sakura-xXx-Naruto. To be truthful there are times when she seems more motivated in terms of emotions towards Sasuke. It's just to me there is too many things that appear to move away from a Sakura and Naruto relationship. For example, she looks at Naruto's wound and not at his face. This to me appears as if she's in a position where she is worried. It's not until Naruto mentions Sasuke that she agrees to feed him. If anything Sai's interruption further brings into a realizaton that more than likely that there will be something that will "block" a relationship between the two friends. If anything I believe Kish. is attempting to keep the two close, but not too close.

As for a Hinata with Naruto scenerio. I have no clue since there is not much about Hinata, except in various interviews I've read with Kishimoto he atleast claims that Hinata is one of his favorite characters to write about and draw. Some have claimed that because Sakura fed Naruto that they will have a ralationship since stuff like that seems to be in most Manga, but looking back at many Manga's I actually found the hero going to the "shy" and "nice" girl.

For example, Chi Chi in the original Dragon Ball was shy (albeit crazy), she blushed alot when she thought she was getting a compliment from Goku. It's the same in Yu YU Hakasho. His girl friend is overly shy and cute. I can even compare it towards Yuria from first of the North Star. Although she wasn't extremely shy she was extremely kind. Then there is Bleach. The char. that likes him is overly shy and cute.

In my opinion there is no proof one way or the other. If anything I believe it's possible that Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura all go their separate ways.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 04:08   Link #58
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
That's not to say that he is pathetic, just that Sasuke is progressing beyond what he himself accomplished at a similar age and that Sasuke's genius potential is above his own.
Pretty much. That's why if Sasuke beats him, that clearly shows he doesn't need Oro anymore whether it is as a teacher or as a "parasite".
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 04:15   Link #59
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

many said that this may not be the end for oro, but the way i see it, its make or break for sasuke. Nothing can repair a working relationship once its damaged, and it's either sasuke killing oro, running away at the end of the day or oro counter attack by taking over his body or retreating. who would want to keep a traitor that bites?
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 04:21   Link #60
GrAYFoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I do not think he ever intended to give up his body to Orochimaru. He knew both Orochimaru and Kabuto were there when he said that to Naruto & Co. And given that time's running out for Orochimaru, it seems logical for Sasuke to eliminate him before having his body taken over, and find power in some other way. Especially since it seems he had nothing else to learn from Orochimaru... weird as though it may seem...

On another note, obviously Sasuke won't be taken over, Kishimoto has been building the rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke the entire series, this manga revolves around the two of them.

Agreed here. From this latest chapter it's clear Sasuke's words were meant for team 7 and maybe Oro (probably lurking in the background). He has to kill Oro, for hell never let him go and chase him till the end of his life. I believe Oro can't teach him anything else as its clear the ninjas in this series develop individually; apart from a few moves learnt from their mentors (rasengan etc) and so Sasuke shouldn't be expected to produce all or Oros techniques (like edo tensai) as he has his own.

That chakra blade was definately the chidori with a more advanced shape manipulation. This is indicated by the graphic around Sasuke's hand (shown when using the chidori) and by Oro not recognizing the move (Sasuke witheld his ability to change the chidori's shape even further than the creator Kakashi). I truly believe Sasuke's lightning manipulation has far exceeded that of Kakashi.

Lastly, if Oro goes out this way I'll be a jaded individual. Oro has so much more to offer the series, and I think it should be Naruto to take him out (personal choice).

I think he will survive and take Kabuto's body instead after some interference from lets say.... Akatsuki

Last edited by GrAYFoX; 2007-02-24 at 04:34. Reason: Spelling
GrAYFoX is offline   Reply With Quote