AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-12, 11:12   Link #1021
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
So now the dilemma of breaking Shujin through Tanto? How many people think that the conclusion will appear after the honeymoon? And which will it be:
1. Breakthrough with Tanto
2. Swap over to new series
Option one doesn't seem likely. The only way they could make Tanto better is to make it a battle manga, and Takagi was never much good with battle mangas either. I do think they will swap to a new, more fitting series, but only after Tanto gets cancelled due to the fact that they're just not good enough with it.
Old 2010-03-12, 11:30   Link #1022
kakakka

If 'Tanto' gets cancelled though, it doesn't look good for the future of Ashirogi, as Hattori implied.
Old 2010-03-12, 11:32   Link #1023
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And that's the cliffhangarrr! of the future chapters, really gotta wonder what they'll do then...
Old 2010-03-12, 14:06   Link #1024
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I'm a little put off by this chapter. I rank Mashiro as just about the most perceptive author in the series, enough to read between others' words and should be more than able to infer that Hattori is disappointed with Tanto. Remember how he's always the one who read the real situation out to Shujin way back then? I just feel that his anxiety for Hattori's blunt opinion is too artificial, and is just a setup for Hattori to deliver his words. That or the series dumbed him down a bit to make others more intelligent.

On the other hand, damn the watermark. I really wanted to see Shizuka's face when he first spoke to Yamahisa.
Old 2010-03-12, 14:42   Link #1025
Nosauz

Hattori's blunt statement of how he felt about tanto was SOOOOO ham handed, talk about ordering the ham. Also mashiro has been alright up to this point but spazzing out at his best friends wedding over work is just so uncouth.
Old 2010-03-12, 22:05   Link #1026
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Hattori's blunt statement of how he felt about tanto was SOOOOO ham handed, talk about ordering the ham. Also mashiro has been alright up to this point but spazzing out at his best friends wedding over work is just so uncouth.
Mashiro has been *very* unusual ever since the hints have been piling on. He's supposed to be the quiet guy. I guess when Ashirogi's stressed, the two switch personalities. Shujin gets depressed and quiet while Mashiro flies off the handle (see hospital).

To be honest, there can be much better and at least edgier drama than this. If we can get a Death Note-style timeskip, it would be: Ashirogi finally gets a great series going, but Mashiro loses his dominant arm in an accident. Post-timeskip, he gets really good at drawing on his non-dominant arm and returns to the scene to face Eiji.

...that's probably over the top.
Old 2010-03-13, 00:14   Link #1027
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Mashiro has been *very* unusual ever since the hints have been piling on. He's supposed to be the quiet guy. I guess when Ashirogi's stressed, the two switch personalities. Shujin gets depressed and quiet while Mashiro flies off the handle (see hospital).

To be honest, there can be much better and at least edgier drama than this. If we can get a Death Note-style timeskip, it would be: Ashirogi finally gets a great series going, but Mashiro loses his dominant arm in an accident. Post-timeskip, he gets really good at drawing on his non-dominant arm and returns to the scene to face Eiji.

...that's probably over the top.
see that's the thing, the series is billed as a slice of life drama esque type series that really doesn't thrive on the insane drama, I felt the series was at it's best when they did their first name for money and intelligence, and now with the push to contrived drama, it just feels soapish to me. I guess I'm looking for too much genshiken in this series, but if they played it more realistically as they had been then I think they have possibly a great series.
Old 2010-03-13, 10:46   Link #1028
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
This, has far surpassed my expectations for a manga series. And the latest chapter was just awesome. I wonder how Hattori and Mashiro's conversation affect Ashirogi Muto's series. Will they end Tanto and start a new one or will they continue Tanto and wait that it gets cancelled before starting a new one? And Takagi, I pity him because gags are not his specialty and he is forcing himself to do gags in order to support his livelihood.
Old 2010-03-13, 14:27   Link #1029
Xagzan

Man, Mashiro, just bursting out like that at his best friend's wedding. The guy really was stressed.

And I know everyone was talking about how good Kaya looked last chapter, but in this one: Day-umn
Old 2010-03-13, 17:55   Link #1030
Myname

Quote:
His work is his life (He's even willing to work in the hospital). It's not just some salaryman job that he's doing to make a living. It's his dream to be a successful mangaka and get an anime, he doesn't give a fuck about money. It's not even a job to him.
Old 2010-03-13, 18:12   Link #1031
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
His work is his life (He's even willing to work in the hospital). It's not just some salaryman job that he's doing to make a living. It's his dream to be a successful mangaka and get an anime, he doesn't give a fuck about money. It's not even a job to him.
and???? he has zero tact especially on day that isn't about him, its about takagi and miyoshi. If he wanted to explode he should have done prior to the ceremony and not cause a scene with everybody and act childish, also if it wasn't for takagi he would have just become a salary man, to treat his best friend who did stuff that no other person would do learn things that he need to quickly to make mashiro's dream come true just feels like a slap in the face to someone who has done as much as mashiro in this professional relationship. Let's not forget that takagi sacrificed his highschool and college prospects even with the ruckus at home. To be that disrespectful for the person who believed in mashiro when no one else did is what makes this situation even more ham handed than anything. There is no rational basis for his outburst.
Old 2010-03-13, 21:19   Link #1032
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
its about takagi and miyoshi.
And it is about Takagi and Miyoshi. Not many thing can kill they marriage as successful as "because we married i was required to make this crap for money" or something like that. Also if Takagi work himself out in hospital - like Mashiro already did it also wouldn't be good for them at all, and it really clear that he currently try to kill himself by overworking - like Mashiro's uncle already did. Yes, it's about what Mashiro want to do... but it's not about only that at all. What Mashiro really need though is to talk with Miyoshi who see it all from other side, then they can beat crap from Takagi together.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-03-13, 21:27   Link #1033
gonzo562

gota say wow its been 5 years already
Old 2010-03-14, 07:23   Link #1034
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
gota say wow its been 5 years already
yeah, this is what manga's time flow really should be, fast development. not like some manga with big big panels with no development
Old 2010-03-14, 18:42   Link #1035
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I'm a little put off by this chapter. I rank Mashiro as just about the most perceptive author in the series, enough to read between others' words and should be more than able to infer that Hattori is disappointed with Tanto. Remember how he's always the one who read the real situation out to Shujin way back then? I just feel that his anxiety for Hattori's blunt opinion is too artificial, and is just a setup for Hattori to deliver his words. That or the series dumbed him down a bit to make others more intelligent.
Mashiro knew perfectly well what Hattori's opinion on Tanto was. He just wanted to hear the words from the mouth of his former editor.
He wanted further motivation to quit Tanto but Hattori isn't going to make Mashiro's decisions for him.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2010-03-14, 20:56   Link #1036
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I'm thinking Mashiro and Takagi will do 2 series at once like Niizuma

Old 2010-03-14, 21:28   Link #1037
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I'm thinking Mashiro and Takagi will do 2 series at once like Niizuma
I doubt it, considering tanto is polling really poorly in the surveys, most likely they will take some time soul searching to write a manga that will finally catapult them to the top, it might or might not be bakuman, who knows.
Old 2010-03-15, 01:38   Link #1038
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
I doubt it, considering tanto is polling really poorly in the surveys, most likely they will take some time soul searching to write a manga that will finally catapult them to the top, it might or might not be bakuman, who knows.
I'm wondering whether Ashirogi will have their epiphany during the honeymoon. It's the first time Mashiro is alone for an extended period of time. Poetically it would be epic, since the members will be several hundred miles from each other when they each figure something out, but it seems all too soon.

I suppose "normal" soul-searching would mandate otherwise. Maybe Shujin comes back and realizes that he and Kaya will have to take up jobs to support themselves. It would be amazing if Mashiro embarks on a Takemoto-style runaway himself.
Old 2010-03-15, 09:15   Link #1039
Wrath88
Kissing...

Stop halfway like Zombie Powder? How did that series of Kubo's switch over to Bleach though?

Or, modify Tanto to play to Shujin's strength? Mystery plot etc, but comedic solution.
Old 2010-03-16, 10:25   Link #1040
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Oh yeah, we are getting an official translation in French.

Tags
manga, shounen