Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-12, 23:29   Link #361
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
... honestly, the fees for online service on the 360 will add up, at $50 a year you'll end up paying like $250 after 5 years (
Lol, you're reaching again :P

Stop adding that up, since no one does that. Going by that, then hell when I add up all the games and accessories I bought on my PS2 over its lifetime, I spent over $1000. Man what a rip off :P

Hope you get what I'm trying to say here

Still, although the PS3 service right now isn't as packed as the Xbox Live, it's not that bad either. When we play Resistance, we normally never experience any lag. Pretty impressive for the amount of players online in a multi-player match. Overall they still got a lot to improve on, but its still a good service considering it is free, for the most part.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-02-12 at 23:39.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 00:24   Link #362
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
honestly, the fees for online service on the 360 will add up, at $50 a year you'll end up paying like $250 after 5 years
*slaps slayerx* Adding up yearly fees in a no-no, slayer.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 01:24   Link #363
Slayerx

Quote:
Going by that, then hell when I add up all the games and accessories I bought on my PS2 over its lifetime, I spent over $1000. Man what a rip off :P
Ok, now picture that amount, only about $250 less XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
*slaps slayerx* Adding up yearly fees in a no-no, slayer.
Ow, What? is it so wrong that i'd rather get one more game per year than needing to spend it on internet service?
(though technically i would need 10-15 more bucks)

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-02-13 at 01:41.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 10:06   Link #364
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Seriously...why should gamers have to pay to play the multiplayer aspect of games? They've already purchased the game and the console. This isn't enough?...like Slayerx, I just don't see the point of paying extra for acess to a gaming domain.
Old 2007-02-13, 13:13   Link #365
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
If that's the view you're getting at, why not make cable and internet access free as well. Hell you already purchased the computer and tv, why not get all the benefits and channels.

It would be nice if it they were free though.
yeah, but XBL fees are obviously in addition to internet fees. Also, games are advertised as if when you buy them, provided you have the console, you can harness all they have to offer. Yet this isn't true. IMO, Msoft should split off the community/clan/ladder stuff from regular multi-player games. Make THAT a service that costs extra. All multiplayer games shouldn't have to go through Msoft.
Old 2007-02-13, 15:53   Link #366
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
I'm paying nearly $50 a month on isp bills. I don't even want to know how much I've wasted in a 5 year margin.
Time for dimensional analysis!

$50/1 month * 12 months/1 year * 5 years = $3000.
Old 2007-02-13, 17:56   Link #367
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
I am also in the crowd of "why pay for access to online gaming?" I have had very few problems with the PS3's online service. Occasionally in Resistance I get spawned into a ghost world where I can see other players fire, but I can't see the characters and the fire doesn't hurt me. (Hehe I onced got spawned into a conversion game like that and ended up getting second place, apparently the game killed me after a while)
However I never see any lag (unless my own connection is messing up), and the problems I do run into aren't major enough to deter me from playing. Also according to what I'v read 360 Live isn't exactly free of problems either.
Old 2007-02-14, 14:00   Link #368
Knightmare213

I think I have something that everyone wants to hear.

Sony Cutting Chip Costs by Outsourcing

According to this article, Sony revealed a plan saying that they will lower their Cell Processor Chip manufacturings costs through outsourcing. So, could this be a prelude to that price drop that we all have been waiting for?

However, if anyone didn't know, the Cell Processor is not the most expensive part of the PS3. It's the Blu-Ray player that skyrockets the price of a single unit. Then again, it's better than nothing, ain't it?
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 18:47   Link #369
Slayerx

Quote:
Will the quality differ from the older ps3? I'm not a cell processor chip expert but will cutting chip costs lower the ps3 potential. Yes it would be good to get a cheaper ps3 but at what sacrifice.
If i had to guess, i would say that it would be the same quality...
i'm no expert on the subject, but i think they way outsourcing works is by giving the work to poeple who will do the same exact job, only for less money... So it's becomes cheaper to produce because they don't have to pay as much for the labor...
It's also possible that for whatever reason, the things needed to make the chips are cheaper to get while in whatever country they are out sourcing too... thus the costs lessen do to them being able to buy at a parts at lower cost
Old 2007-02-15, 12:53   Link #370
Lebron
I hear voices

MS is doing the same thing early this year with the 360, as well. Pretty much to sum it up, it will cost them less to make and it will run more efficient, so a price drop could be more likely. MS is lowering their price this year, and Nintendo is already cheap compared to the other 2, but maybe they could lower it to $199, iono, depends if they keep selling strong at their current price. So I still think PS3 could have a price drop this year too in order to be competitive--well they need one.

real question is if they do, how much we talking about? $25? $50? $100?
Old 2007-02-15, 19:40   Link #371
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
real question is if they do, how much we talking about? $25? $50? $100?
If i had to guess, i would say $50...
$25 is too small of a change to really effect sales much...
$100, thouhg it would help sales greatly, maybe too much of a lose at this point (though if a $100 price cut could drastically increase sales, the increase in sales could make up for the additional loses)
$50 is probably the safest middle ground at this point...
Though personally, a $100 price cut by the end of 2007 would definatly entice me, especially if they release games like FFXIII (or the release is right around the corner)

As for 360... considering they have a rather solid standing and sony and wii are not much of a threat right now, they won't drop their price more than $50...
Old 2007-02-15, 20:24   Link #372
Knightmare213

If anyone didn't know, Sony never really lost any money. Even though PS3 greatly cut their profit ratings, their Bravia HD TV sales compensated the financial losses. So, if Sony is willing to keep on risking, a $100 price drop doesn't look to far fetched.

In addition, who would actually buy if PS3 prices went down a $100? Sony would consider that question when they discuss the price drop (in the near future).
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 12:07   Link #373
Zhemos

Drop it 200 dollars and I'll start considering it.

Sony needs to hurry up and do something soon before the xbox360 price drops. They might not have a chance if the 360 gets a head start again.

I mean, look at it this way. The xbox360 and the PS3 has almost virtually the same graphics. SO, unless you're a fanboy, would a normal consumer pay 500 dollars for a PS3 or 300 dollars for a premium xbox360 system?
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 14:43   Link #374
Lebron
I hear voices

Too much console blah blah talk, its time for Tekken 6(arcade version)

http://www.playsyde.com/news_4009_en.html

pics and trailer, enjoy. I'm not a big Tekken fan myself, SC and VF for me, but yea know others enjoy it :P
Old 2007-02-16, 15:05   Link #375
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Too much console blah blah talk, its time for Tekken 6(arcade version)

http://www.playsyde.com/news_4009_en.html

pics and trailer, enjoy. I'm not a big Tekken fan myself, SC and VF for me, but yea know others enjoy it :P
Sweet....Tekken and Guilty Gear all the way!

EDIT: The video was roughly what I expected....much more detail, a couple of new characters. While I like the design for Zafina, the in-game model for Leo is FU-GLY...something about the hair. Looks like he's the Pat of Tekken. Still, I'll be looking forward to this. Hell...I still plan on shelling out money for the PS3 release of Dark Resurrection. It's great except for some control issues with the d-pad on PSP...and that's a big except.
Old 2007-02-16, 15:17   Link #376
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Where, where,

I don't see no Guilty Gear. I see some newbies for T6 but no Guilty Gear. Don't put my hopes up.
Guilty Gear can like my right one, yup I said it....

actually I'm just pissed MS still hasn't made Guilty Gear X2 Reload BC yet so I can play it on my 360...those bastards
Old 2007-02-16, 15:36   Link #377
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Where, where,

I don't see no Guilty Gear. I see some newbies for T6 but no Guilty Gear. Don't put my hopes up.
awwww....sorry- I'm just stating my preferences. But a next-gen guilty gear would necessarily be sweet.
Old 2007-02-16, 22:47   Link #379
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Guilty Gear Accent Core is out in the arcades. I've heard it was announced to be out for the wii but I have not heard about PS2 or PS3 release.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 23:41   Link #380
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, I see a PS2 version more likely than a PS3

Tags
console, ps3, sony