Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
So no one Gonna Sub The Last Ep??
I thought X__X came out with it a while ago. o.o
dustclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 15:19   Link #883
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Think The Last Ep They Sub Was 12 ...Right?
Isn't 13 Ep?
Old 2008-04-19, 17:41   Link #884
nanafan
horo fan

the last ep is 13 it should be subbed by now. i liked the ending of this series.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 18:41   Link #885
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Finally finished the series. If there was one thing right that this new animation team did all season, it was this. The last episode was absolutely amazing.

Spoiler for Last ep:

Overall series impression
Spoiler for Overall:

Overall, not a bad watch. Its not a series i have to force myself to finish *cough* dragonaut *cough* but its not very recommend worthy. Also if this was played in reverse order, i would be reluctant to watch another series of it.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 22:26   Link #886
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post

People should try posting this image as an experiment and asking viewers who haven't watched Minami-ke to pick who they think is the cutest of three/like best. I posit that Mako-chan there would get at least 50% of the votes.

I mean, look at him.

Which is why this image is wrong; really, really wrong.
He seems to be the only one enjoying it, maybe that's why.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 23:25   Link #887
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Well, Makoto isn't GAR for sure, but I'm not sure if you can technically classify his charm when crossdressed as moe, either.

I've had that image in my picture folder for a while now, and every time I look at it I'd find myself staring at Mako-chan involuntarily to the point where I've started to question my sexuality. The last time anything remotely close to this happened was with Bridget, and hell, let's be honest: Bridget was hot. Sure, people went all bananas when it was revealed that she's actually a he. But whatever, Bridget is still hot, regardless. Now, the case with Makoto is a bit different. The reason why people felt free to admit their admiration for Bridget was because they were initially unaware of the fact that he's actually male. As a result some are still comfortable with telling others that they find Bridget hot, their internal rationalization being that they were duped into believe he was female, and since they're "victims" of the plot, it makes everything OK. With Makoto it's slightly different. We know he's a dude dressing up as a girl, and he's hella cute somehow... The problem isn't that he's a natural at crossdressing and behaving like a girl. Rather it's the fact that people knows he's a dude to begin with but still finds him cute/hot anyway. Y'know, maybe it is precisely due to the fact that we know he's a dude that makes him hot as a her..... and we're all inherently gay for cute little anime boys that look cute when dressed up as girls....

- p.s.
Everything in the previous paragraph is not meant to be taken seriously. 'tis merely a figment of the poster's imagination caused by a lack of sleep due to what is commonly known as "Final's Month Syndrome." Symptoms include hypertension, insomnia, nail-biting, nervousness, forgetfulness, failing, crying and frustration. Sufferers are usually able to recuperate without medical help after their last exam and upon the realization that they managed to maintain their GPA at an acceptable level.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 12:56   Link #888
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
- p.s.
Everything in the previous paragraph is not meant to be taken seriously. 'tis merely a figment of the poster's imagination caused by a lack of sleep due to what is commonly known as "Final's Month Syndrome." Symptoms include hypertension, insomnia, nail-biting, nervousness, forgetfulness, failing, crying and frustration. Sufferers are usually able to recuperate without medical help after their last exam and upon the realization that they managed to maintain their GPA at an acceptable level.
I don't believe that part
Don't be shy, go on and stand to your true feelings.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 14:43   Link #889
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Well, Makoto isn't GAR for sure, but I'm not sure if you can technically classify his charm when crossdressed as moe, either.

I've had that image in my picture folder for a while now, and every time I look at it I'd find myself staring at Mako-chan involuntarily to the point where I've started to question my sexuality. The last time anything remotely close to this happened was with Bridget, and hell, let's be honest: Bridget was hot. Sure, people went all bananas when it was revealed that she's actually a he. But whatever, Bridget is still hot, regardless. Now, the case with Makoto is a bit different. The reason why people felt free to admit their admiration for Bridget was because they were initially unaware of the fact that he's actually male. As a result some are still comfortable with telling others that they find Bridget hot, their internal rationalization being that they were duped into believe he was female, and since they're "victims" of the plot, it makes everything OK. With Makoto it's slightly different. We know he's a dude dressing up as a girl, and he's hella cute somehow... The problem isn't that he's a natural at crossdressing and behaving like a girl. Rather it's the fact that people knows he's a dude to begin with but still finds him cute/hot anyway. Y'know, maybe it is precisely due to the fact that we know he's a dude that makes him hot as a her..... and we're all inherently gay for cute little anime boys that look cute when dressed up as girls....

- p.s.
I can't bring something as an anime to deserve props for making a guy look like a girl, cause seriously just about every guy looks like a girl to me in most shows i watch and a ton of them are voiced by girls as well(mako-chan included) I've just come to ignore it and not give any sexual desires to anime shows, and just think of if the author wants them to be a girl then it's a girl
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 14:48   Link #890
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Mako only looks like a girl when dressed or cross dressing.

She looks MOE, but he's still a guy. Like Naruto, Ranma, Kogarashi...oh wait that's the maid guy. lol
Old 2008-05-01, 19:41   Link #891
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Mako only looks like a girl when dressed or cross dressing.

She looks MOE, but he's still a guy. Like Naruto, Ranma, Kogarashi...oh wait that's the maid guy. lol
Women's clothing can no longer contain his wildness as a man.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 04:58   Link #892
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hahahahahaha *throws himself onto the ground*
I'm watching ep 11 now and it really seems that he likes that girl outfit more and more
Old 2008-05-02, 07:50   Link #893
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's either his turning gay or getting used to a girls dress...
Old 2008-05-03, 17:55   Link #894
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Makoto is the inspired comic creation of the anime universe for 07-08 - he's simply win on every comedic level. The mere fact that Hosaka could only be the second most hilarious character in a series says something about Makoto's genius.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 21:52   Link #895
nanafan
horo fan

i wonder what will happen to makoto in when he gets older, will he still have these issues? meh, not to fond of hosaka, too over the top
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 12:24   Link #896
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i wonder what will happen to makoto in when he gets older, will he still have these issues? meh, not to fond of hosaka, too over the top
He starts wearing a bra hahahaha
Old 2008-05-25, 11:51   Link #897
Kaylia

I looked around quickly, and I might have missed the answer, but is there any plan (or hope) for a 3rd seasons? I know the manga was only 5 chapters, and I was wondering if there was some content left for another seasons, of if we are done with it
Kaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 17:53   Link #898
firewolf_005
月光の&

Send a message via MSN to firewolf_005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
I looked around quickly, and I might have missed the answer, but is there any plan (or hope) for a 3rd seasons? I know the manga was only 5 chapters, and I was wondering if there was some content left for another seasons, of if we are done with it
I've been wondering the same thing actually.... and am hoping that they do make another season >.< I have never had such a good series to watch other than "sketchbook full colours" that would allow me to both watch the series and work on my uni homework at the same time!!

Also I have a theory in regards to Makoto, it's that he thinks he's a he but in reality, he's a she and his parents lied to him 'cause they wanted a boy so badly! (Reasoning behind this: Population of Japan is 75% girls 20% guys 5% gays/lesbians)
firewolf_005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 21:37   Link #899
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewolf_005 View Post
(Reasoning behind this: Population of Japan is 75% girls 20% guys 5% gays/lesbians)
Did you made op those number? I find unrealistic than 75% of a population would be girl.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 18:58   Link #900
cicero

They need to make a third season. Withdrawal symptons are bad. Minami-ke gave me something to anticipate each week. Not this season...
Ordinarily I look askance at shows which go on forever, but I could go in easily for three more years (in-story) of this show. I'd even sanction actual plot development if the humor is kept.
How much more manga material is there, anyway?
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life