AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 10:47   Link #1021
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

It's not really a panty shot when you're outfit is basically a bathing suit with a bunch of decorations. =P

Looks like they updated the anime site, now the people who don't know much but visit the site will know that Kyrie isn't Battler's mom and that he has a younger half sibling (Ange's picture isn't there, but there's something there in her place... same goes for Asumu and Maria's father). It's not really the best way to let the fans know about them... but I guess it's better than nothing. I just like the new character layout better than having them all on one page. ^^;

Old 2009-07-09, 16:26   Link #1022
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting question. In the anime we see Kinzo talking to Natsuhi, plus several other things that have been put forth as being false scenes. How will that be explained if Kinzo is already deadm or Kanon or Shannon don't really exist?
Old 2009-07-09, 17:01   Link #1023
Rias

Seeing Kanon and Shannon together -> same as Fight Club? Point is, Battler still havn't seen them both at the same time.

Kinzo scenes -> various theories are around.

(Perhaps it's been discussed before) What I've noticed is that Nanjo said "I was playing chess with Kinzo" when Rosa asked if anyone lend Maria her umbrella...
Old 2009-07-09, 17:03   Link #1024
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Interesting question. In the anime we see Kinzo talking to Natsuhi, plus several other things that have been put forth as being false scenes. How will that be explained if Kinzo is already deadm or Kanon or Shannon don't really exist?
That's where the fantasy element mixes with the mystery element. If Kinzo was already dead then how in the world did Natsuhi see him in the study and talk to him? How can people like Genji and Nanjo claim to have spoken and saw him, even though he's already dead?
Old 2009-07-09, 17:13   Link #1025
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Regarding the status of Kinzo as defined in Episode 4, possibilities include:

Spoiler for Episodes 1, 3, 4:

Some of those reasons can be twisted to apply to Rosa in Episode 2 as well, although we aren't anywhere near that with the anime adaptation.

Last edited by Freelii; 2009-07-10 at 12:25.
Old 2009-07-09, 20:55   Link #1026
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
(Perhaps it's been discussed before) What I've noticed is that Nanjo said "I was playing chess with Kinzo" when Rosa asked if anyone lend Maria her umbrella...
When I was watching the epsiode that gave me a "0_0 OH MY GOD!" moment myself. Suspicious, suspicious... (of course, that opens up possibilities of Nanjo-Beatice. Which is uh, not pleasant . )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
Possibilities include:

Spoiler for Episodes 1, 3, 4:

Some of those reasons can be twisted to apply to Rosa in Episode 2 as well, although we aren't anywhere near that with the anime adaptation.

Ooooh, I like possibility number 2.

Anyhoo, after episode 4, I thought about the scene and for a while I though that maybe....

Spoiler for theory which doesn't work:
Old 2009-07-09, 21:07   Link #1027
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Visual media changes things a bit doesn't it? When things are from our point of view rather than words on a screen.

But then there was "USO DA!" and K1's whole perception of things in the first Higurashi arc. Not like it will be the first or last time we've needed mental filters to see things as they really are.

Edit:
Question: If Beatrice is suppose to not be real, what chances do any of the shippers have of a Battler x Beatrice ending?
But Beatrice is suppose to be somebody...except everyone on the island (so far) is related or one of the servents. Just how is that suppose to work anyway?

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-07-10 at 03:04.
Old 2009-07-10, 10:56   Link #1028
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The VN didn't exactly describe the size of them, but since it must be noticeable from afar (since no one would ever check the shed prior the discrovery of the sigil), it is very likely they had to be that large (covering the whole surface).
It was the same for the manga as well.

You can expect a very large symbol on Eva's room as well.
There goes the "Maria paints the magic circles" theory. It's really not credible that she's the one responsible for them anymore...

Old 2009-07-10, 11:13   Link #1029
Marion
The Great Dine

As far as the magic circles go, obviously someone took the time to paint them. It wasn't rushed or anything.
Old 2009-07-10, 12:05   Link #1030
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
As far as the magic circles go, obviously someone took the time to paint them. It wasn't rushed or anything.
It would be rushed for Eva's room, unless we are trolled in that scene.
If that scene is actually tell us the truth, then someone might make a paper template, put it on the door and spray it with red color.

Now the episode should at least finish with second twilight. I saw many people suspecting Eva and Hideyoshi so this might prove to be a blow for them. And considering the lock room too.

Well, I hope not many people will get trolled enough at the end of EP1 and decide to drop Umineko...

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.

Last edited by Alaya; 2009-07-10 at 12:18.
Old 2009-07-10, 13:15   Link #1031
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well probably half the viewers that haven't read the VNs are Higurashi viewers. They will at least expect the restart "hey why are they all alive again?" part. The rest will still be spinning from Meta/Tea Party time if that is shown. After that...who knows?
Old 2009-07-10, 13:28   Link #1032
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Now the episode should at least finish with second twilight. I saw many people suspecting Eva and Hideyoshi so this might prove to be a blow for them. And considering the lock room too.
Actually, this is something I noticed watching the anime, and might explain some of the cuts and decisions they've made for production.

Spoiler for Major events from Episode 1:

TLDR Version: Everyone you suddenly start suspecting is most likely the next one to get knocked off, right up until the end. It's one of the things I loved about Episode 1.
Old 2009-07-10, 13:55   Link #1033
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

the interesting thing about this episode1-2 anime version is that "as I expected" Battler doesn't see Shannon in the shed. I don't think it was a mere case. The "Battler never sees both Kanon and Shannon at the same time" theory still holds.

While I'm certainly not sure about the shkannon theory, I'm pretty sure about that part, I just need to understan why @_@;

Old 2009-07-10, 14:26   Link #1034
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
Actually, this is something I noticed watching the anime, and might explain some of the cuts and decisions they've made for production.

Spoiler for Major events from Episode 1:

TLDR Version: Everyone you suddenly start suspecting is most likely the next one to get knocked off, right up until the end. It's one of the things I loved about Episode 1.
Spoiler for Spoilerz:

Oh wow, people will get mind-raped pretty soon enough. I guess there might be some dropping when Beatrice shows up then, if DEEN does not execute it properly...

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-10, 15:05   Link #1035
Teapot

Send a message via MSN to Teapot
I'm just watching for the sake of seeing and hearing a few particular scenes, and because seeing animated versions of Battler and Beatrice's fights could be awe inspiring.

We've already played the games, right? Let's just enjoy what we can out of it while we wait for Episode 5.
Old 2009-07-10, 15:30   Link #1036
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post

Oh wow, people will get mind-raped pretty soon enough. I guess there might be some dropping when Beatrice shows up then, if DEEN does not execute it properly...
hahaha i am really looking forward to the mindrape scenes... i love watching new viewers go WTF?! (but im very glad they like the show so far even if its cut like a turkey)
Old 2009-07-10, 15:58   Link #1037
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflemania View Post
hahaha i am really looking forward to the mindrape scenes... i love watching new viewers go WTF?! (but im very glad they like the show so far even if its cut like a turkey)
lol, I think we have the same taste then

I guess that how Beatrice feels when she tortured Battler

Old 2009-07-10, 16:08   Link #1038
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm I want to express my opinion about that scene in ep2 when Maria reads the letter. There was a little debate on the ep2 thread about the music "犯行の予告状読み上げ" (beside can someone transliterate this in romaji?).

First I must say that imho this is absolutely the best scene in Ep1, and one of the best scenes overall, and I'm 100% sure if it wasn't for that song it wouldn't have been as memorable to me.

However even before the anime was aired I expressed my doubts about a good rendition. In particular I thought that if this scene was placed at the start of an episode then it would lose its flavor. And that's exactly what happened. For such a scene to be really effective it must be placed at the end. Considering this new development it was inevitable that a few changes had to be made, and one of them unfortunately was the music.

Now the reason I think the music in the novel was absolutely great, it's because I don't see this as a scene full of tension, it's something completely different and a lot greater than that.
Until this very point in the novel Beatrice was just a legend, sure Maria said that Beatrice gave her an umbrella, but that was just the fantasy of a little girl (and this is where ep1 kinda failed by showing that shape). In other word this scene is a passing point. This is where the certainty of the adult world is getting crushed by the fantasies of a little girl. That letter was a declaration of war from the fantasy world to the real world. It isn't horror, it isn't mystery, it's fantasy. A world of witches and magic that suddenly materializes in the real world, in front of everyone with (almost) undeniable proof. Once you see the envelope and the seal you can't dismiss it anymore as a mere child play, it's really, something is going on and the witch herself is pushing forward a challenge. In such regard a music like "犯行の予告状読み上げ" was perfect because it has that "tim burton nightmare before christmas" flavor, because it is a song that projects you in a world of distorced fantasy where witches ghosts magics and all that is spooky in a childish way exist.

But this would never work at the start of an episode, and not after being exposed directly to the witch's presence. So changing the music was inevitable, it would have been very odd otherwise. Now if the introduction was made of 2 episodes and the last one finished with this scene, that would have been perfect! But in that case the first time viewer wouldn't be that satisfied after seeing a first episode of pure introduction.

Now I don't want you to get me wrong. I gave 9 to this second episode so you can say I'm satisfied so far. Certainly it could be better but I didn't expect a masterpiece from Deen.

Old 2009-07-10, 17:15   Link #1039
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Uhm I want to express my opinion about that scene in ep2 when Maria reads the letter. There was a little debate on the ep2 thread about the music "犯行の予告状読み上げ" (beside can someone transliterate this in romaji?).
Sorry, not fully understanding. Transliterate?
Do you just want the romaji? Hankou no yokokujyou yomiage
Translates to: Reading out loud the Advance Notice Letter of the Crime
Old 2009-07-10, 17:50   Link #1040
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Posting it here as I'm not sure what counts as a spoiler again.

By the way, I started to think that the family-relation between Battler and Kyrie (or even his tense relation with Rudolf) is going to be revealed later, so they deliberately skipped that part. And by that (as it's going to be animated later) it kinda counts as a spoiler, because we are revealing a future "twist" even though the game covered it 5 minutes into Episode1.
Which means that telling the connection between Battler and Kyrie is -in a certain way- spoiling first time viewers. (At least my friend was a bit angry on me for revealing that. He said: "then why are you revealing future things happening to me now, if it's going to be implemented later?". And he's right actually, when I said: "because the game covered it upon the introduction" it sounded kinda lame to answer that, and he really couldn't care when did they implemented it in the game. So I reckon, we shouldn't be hasty telling such things IMHO, regardless where do they are placed in the game.)
If the anime would let's say... skip the second twilight for example and just go with the third before that due to whatever insane decision, then would we reveal it like: "Actually that was where Hideyoshi and Eva supposed to die, but looks like the anime is delaying it for now after the third."? I know it's unlikely, and almost impossible without changing the story, but I feel as if it's almost essentially the same.
Surely we don't need to reveal what's Battler's and Kyrie's relation with each other to enjoy game Episode1 animated. However by telling it now, the first time viewers are not going to be surprised about that when the anime is going to implement these subtle family relations. It may be a trivial thing for us vn players, but I easily imagine that's going to be a future twist later on for the anime viewers.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-10 at 18:09.
Closed Thread