AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 4 19.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 47.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 19.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-01, 11:34   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-09-02, 11:45   Link #2
XLNC

It's currently airing, but I don't have the courage to watch the livestream. Please let me know if the storm's over.
Old 2013-09-02, 14:14   Link #3
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I wasn't able to restrain myself.

Spoiler for best quote:

if not for that, this would have been very very depressing. I don't know how this could be resolved, ayumi's conquest becomes more and more difficult.

also, I WANT OVAS OF THOSE GIRLS THEY SKIPPED! they even showed a crucial plot point that has no reference point in the anime whatsoever because they decided to skip the conquest of the robot girl!

haqua next week's going to be awesome
Old 2013-09-02, 14:34   Link #4
konart

Somehow this feels halfassed adaptation. Maybe too rushed or it just doesn't have the same impact after reading manga, but still...
Old 2013-09-02, 15:22   Link #5
elior

this episode was execllent and they was adapt well the sad scence so much i been shed tears during this
Old 2013-09-02, 17:26   Link #6
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

So bad... Keima was so bad this episode. I can feel a little pity for Chihiro... Not a little, a LOT!!!! Really? Even her doesn't deserve that!!!!! I know that he have a mission to accomplish but even that way, he was a ASS to her! In the Manga It doesn't had looked so bad, but I must say that it was even better in the Anime.

He deserved Ayumi kick, eat that!!!

Tenri appearance was a good turn around, in a way of killing the so "awkward" feel in the air!

Last edited by Black Phoenix; 2013-09-02 at 17:47.
Old 2013-09-02, 17:38   Link #7
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I mean... I know I had more or less guessed 2 weeks ago the truth about Chihiro. And from there, it wasn't hard to see what Keima was going to need to do to keep things from getting any worse than they already were. But... it didn't make me any more ready for it.

Katsuragi's ambivalence and weariness of his mission have always been played for laughs, but at this point, can anyone blame him for wanting to pack it in? Listening to him tell Diana that after the last goddess "it'll all be over" he sounded so defeated. He just wants it to end. Even the conquest won't come with any sense of accomplishment, because the fallout of his recent string of Casanova-ing is waiting for him on the other side of it, even if you leave Chihiro aside. So he's just counting the days until he can retreat back into his fantasies, where his serial-conquering makes him a hero, rather than a utilitarian bastard.

This was a surprisingly good moment for Tenri. It was the worst possible time for Diana to drop her on him, but she still managed to give him something to smile about.

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2013-09-02 at 17:59.
Old 2013-09-02, 18:37   Link #8
Traece
:cool:

Man, this episode was quite fantastic. I actually felt a bit bad about Chihiro this time around. When I had seen this in the manga it was more of a sour note to me than something that was actually depressing. Though, a lot of that was because I prefer Ayumi by leaps and bounds. Honestly, now that I've seen it all animated I have to say that I like Chihiro more when she's portrayed like this. Somehow they made her more likable for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Somehow this feels halfassed adaptation. Maybe too rushed or it just doesn't have the same impact after reading manga, but still...
Honestly I thought the anime had more impact than the manga did by far. As far as adaptation goes, it's pretty much 1:1 here.

On another note, ONE MORE WEEK! We're coming for you Ayumi!
Old 2013-09-02, 18:59   Link #9
ImperialFlameGod8190

the impact was as expected granted they switched a few things but I can live with them it'll be interesting
Old 2013-09-02, 19:39   Link #10
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

honestly I prefered Ayumi over Chihiro, but seeing that rejection... T-T
Old 2013-09-02, 20:13   Link #11
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

In before that one Simpsons reference.
Old 2013-09-02, 21:49   Link #12
Phantom

Who was the person in the ending? The silhouette looks like Ayumi but her voice is so...different. Can anybody give me their thoughts on this?
Old 2013-09-02, 22:05   Link #13
yindesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jung View Post
Who was the person in the ending? The silhouette looks like Ayumi but her voice is so...different. Can anybody give me their thoughts on this?
It is Ayumi (CV: Ayana Taketatsu). I think it sounds just like her...
Old 2013-09-02, 22:51   Link #14
The Green One

Well I knew what was going to happen but still, even with that, today was hard to watch for all parties involved. Still needed character development for Keima.

Now that things have hit rock bottom, how will our divine gigolo get out of this? I know, but see for yourselves! More to come....
Old 2013-09-03, 00:40   Link #15
SQA

It's interesting for Katsuragi. He treats it all like a Game because the girls don't remember. So it's always a matter of "no harm/no foul" and they aren't really falling for "him". He effectively hides behind a facade with the conquests.

But, now, with Chihiro, this time, it was actually the real deal with permanent consequences. And it hurt Katsuragi. But, wow, was that stone-cold way to kill that relationship. He's going to get Hell (hehe) for it, as this ended up not being a Game. I hope he can at least repair a little friendship with her later.
Old 2013-09-03, 04:24   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Remember children when a God takes the direct approach both goddesses and mortal beauties become incapable refusing his advances!
Old 2013-09-03, 10:08   Link #17
kitten320

Aaawwww, I felt really bad for Chihiro. She did not deserve such harsh rejection.

But it did add to Keima's development, he actually started to doubt his actions despite knowing that they were right fro situation.
Old 2013-09-03, 10:09   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a cruel way to reject Chihiro. Sure, it's better than giving her false hope, but damn, that was cold. I felt bad for the poor girl.
Old 2013-09-03, 22:41   Link #19
chaos_animagic

In order to save the world, God has to be an ass. Yet everyone will still follow him.

LOL

Also... the OP song so fits this episode.

lol @ Tenri... bath scene got me excited.

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2013-09-03 at 22:59.
Old 2013-09-04, 02:56   Link #20
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

It is heart-wenching that Keima rejected Chihiro after when he found out that she isn't the goddess host, and yet he thought that love confession mean she remembered the past. Dang, the God was misled by her love confession and eventually brought into an unwanted red flag. But still, it was Chihiro who raised that red flag from the first place as she confessed to him too soon. I don't mean to blame her, though. Nice job breaking the cutie, Ryo... >__>

In that case, we can go ahead and assume that Ayumi is the host. So, this made Chihiro her proxy, eh?
Closed Thread