AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 55 32.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 23.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.60%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-22, 00:15   Link #41
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
What does that mean? I'm quite blur as to the arrangement of the anime and how it'll play out.
Some sources have listed that this is a 14 episode series. Maybe it means that if next week is the fourteenth story, it'll be the last one sequentially.

In a bit of irony (since this is all about great detectives and mysteries), today - May 22nd - is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's birthday.
Old 2006-05-22, 00:20   Link #42
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

But episode 1 is episode 0.

By logical conclusion:

If episode 1 is 0, the last episode will be 13.

I don't know, but this really hints to me that there will be a 2nd season. I'll go into depression if there isn't lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-05-22, 00:29   Link #43
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.

By logical conclusion:

I don't know, but this really hints to me that there will be a 2nd season. I'll go into depression if there isn't lol
Episode Zero is going to be sold separately from the rest of the TV series as a DVD, so it is entirely possible for the "series" itself to be 14 episodes with an extra added as episode00.
Old 2006-05-22, 00:38   Link #44
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm I'm not sure, but I think Kyon's words is almost as heavy as Haruhi's. We should believe that episode 0 is episode 1 according to him lol.

So far AniDB is the only site with more details about the number of episodes:

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=3651

But they aren't completely sure themselves, like all other anime websites. In the 1st 3 weeks, anime websites have been saying that Haruhi will have 13/14 episodes, but now every one of them has removed that and in place we have 'N/A', '0' or '-'.

Old 2006-05-22, 00:47   Link #45
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
LOLOL Haruhi threw everyone off. i bet she's been reading all the predictions and changed it at the last moment just because.
Old 2006-05-22, 00:48   Link #46
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Hmmm I'm not sure, but I think Kyon's words is almost as heavy as Haruhi's. We should believe that episode 0 is episode 1 according to him lol.
That doesn't make sense. If we are following Kyon's words that episode 00 is Ep 1, then episode 14 should be episode 9.

The only way you can even have an episode 00, is if you take Haruhi's word as gospel.
Old 2006-05-22, 00:53   Link #47
arias

If the series is longer than 14 episodes.. I.. I... I...

Now THAT is happily confused
Old 2006-05-22, 00:56   Link #48
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea of course Haruhi is correct, shes following the novels anyway, the DVDs are going to be released in her order.

But we can take Kyon's words for the number of episodes, though his order is jumbled up.

Old 2006-05-22, 01:11   Link #49
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Don't get too happy yet.

It's not unknown for anime studios to skip an entire episode in broadcast, and only put it in the DVD release.
Old 2006-05-22, 03:38   Link #50
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Next week will be difficult

*want to see a Kyon Reindeer just like the Ending*
Old 2006-05-22, 05:38   Link #51
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:

By logical conclusion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
That doesn't make sense. If we are following Kyon's words that episode 00 is Ep 1, then episode 14 should be episode 9.

The only way you can even have an episode 00, is if you take Haruhi's word as gospel.
Nobody said Episode 00 (Kyon: Episode 1) couldn't be an episode 12 or 13 or something.

Here's my episode list from the prediction thread, updated to current episode:

Haruhi's Episode Count (by story timeline) / Title / Kyon's Episode Count (by airtime)
-------------------------
Episode 1 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅰ - Episode 2
Episode 2 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅱ - Episode 3
Episode 3 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅲ - Episode 5
Episode 4 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅳ - ?
Episode 5 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅴ - ?
Episode 6 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅵ - ?
Episode 7 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Taikutsu - Episode 4
Episode 8 - Mysterious Sign - Episode 7
Episode 9 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 1) - Episode 6
Episode 10 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 2) - Episode 8
Episode 11 - ? - ?
Episode 12 - ? - ?
Episode 13 - ? - ?
Episode 14 - Someday in the Rain - Episode 9

Episode ? - Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00 - Episode 1
-------------------------
Again, here's the novel timeline for reference
As you can see, there are only 3 "unknown" slots left now. One thing we know for sure is that those episodes will definitely take place (story timeline wise) after Lone Island (Episode 10, July) and before Someday in the Rain (Episode 14, Winter?). Episode 00 could easily fit into any of those 3 slots since it took place in November.

But the latest episode preview also revealed something important: unless they plan on going further than 14 episodes, "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" won't be animated. Even though it took place between Taikutsu (ep.7) and Mysterious Sign (ep.8), there was still a chance it could've been listed (Haruhi-wise) as an "Episode 0" (those who read the story will know what I mean). But if that was the case, then the total episode count would've been 0 ~ 13 for a total of 14 episodes. Someday in the Rain, however, was counted by Haruhi as episode 14, therefore leaving no room anywhere for Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

(Unless of course, they do it as a DVD-only episode or something)

But well, as important as that story is, I guess it's not significant if they're not going to do Shoushitsu anyway. It would explain why they've been picking short-stories with the least amount of foreshadowing to the "next-big-story" (Shoushitsu).
Old 2006-05-22, 08:30   Link #52
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
For those who didn't get the "OBJECTION!" joke, it's besically a spoof of "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney", a lawyer sim game for Nintendo.

See this animation for comparison.

The pointing finger pose has become quite an enduring meme on its own. 8)
Old 2006-05-22, 11:21   Link #53
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
^ nice

but btw, there will be more than 14 eps, i m pretty sure. BANK on it
Old 2006-05-22, 12:19   Link #54
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

AniDB has it right: the episode numbers should follow the order in which they are broadcast. Period. Everything else is (1) Haruhian obfuscation, and (2) telling us which order events actually occurred in chronologically (which is not as important as the order KyoAni is using to tell us the story).

I'd be disappointed if KyoAni abandoned a great plan and issued the DVDs in chronological order. That would seem pretty lame to me, and would be the only lame thing about this anime so far.

A post on 2 channel suggests that the student video (episode 01/00) fits as the final episode chronologically, making a total of 15. Here's their list:
chronology  broadcast
(Haruhi)    (Kyon)
ep01      ep02  MelancholyⅠ
ep02      ep03  MelancholyⅡ
ep03      ep05  MelancholyⅢ
ep04      ep**  Melancholy Ⅳ
ep05      ep**  MelancholyⅤ
ep06      ep**  MelancholyⅥ
ep07      ep04  Boredom
ep08      ep07  Mysteric Sign
ep09      ep06  Lone Island 1
ep10      ep08  Lone Island 2
ep11      ep**  ?
ep12      ep**  ?
ep13      ep**  ?
ep14      ep09  Sunday in the Rain

ep00     ep01 Mikuru's Adventure
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-22 at 12:31.
Old 2006-05-22, 12:29   Link #55
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Of course, if Haruhi winds up with one of those 1hr broadcast special, the formula will have to be revisited. Otherwise I agree with that's said.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-22, 15:15   Link #56
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
A post on 2 channel suggests that the student video (episode 01/00) fits as the final episode chronologically, making a total of 15. Here's their list:
chronology  broadcast
(Haruhi)    (Kyon)
ep01      ep02  MelancholyⅠ
ep02      ep03  MelancholyⅡ
ep03      ep05  MelancholyⅢ
ep04      ep**  Melancholy Ⅳ
ep05      ep**  MelancholyⅤ
ep06      ep**  MelancholyⅥ
ep07      ep04  Boredom
ep08      ep07  Mysteric Sign
ep09      ep06  Lone Island 1
ep10      ep08  Lone Island 2
ep11      ep**  ?
ep12      ep**  ?
ep13      ep**  ?
ep14      ep09  Sunday in the Rain

ep00     ep01 Mikuru's Adventure
You mean post #8 on the 226th thread? It's not 15, it's 14, with Episode 00 fitting somewhere inside 11 - 14 ("未定のどこかに入る、(もしくは15話以降)"). It's very unnatural to have 15 episodes, especially since all the episodes have already been aired so far, so we're not talking about DVD-only releases here. If they're going to have more than 14 episodes, then that'll most likely make Haruhi a 2-cours series (26 - 28 episodes) (hence "もしくは15話以降").

But if you take a look at the DVD-release list, you'll realize that the pricing suggests a 14 episode series. (1+2+2+2+2+2+2+1)

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-05-22 at 15:25.
Old 2006-05-22, 16:04   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
You mean post #8 on the 226th thread? It's not 15, it's 14, with Episode 00 fitting somewhere inside 11 - 14 ("未定のどこかに入る、(もしくは15話以降)"). It's very unnatural to have 15 episodes, especially since all the episodes have already been aired so far, so we're not talking about DVD-only releases here. If they're going to have more than 14 episodes, then that'll most likely make Haruhi a 2-cours series (26 - 28 episodes) (hence "もしくは15話以降").But if you take a look at the DVD-release list, you'll realize that the pricing suggests a 14 episode series. (1+2+2+2+2+2+2+1)
I think the DVD list is the clincher for 14. So what the poster is saying is that episode 00 fits chronologically either between 11 and 14, or else could come after 14 if the show goes another season?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-22, 17:03   Link #58
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I think the DVD list is the clincher for 14. So what the poster is saying is that episode 00 fits chronologically either between 11 and 14, or else could come after 14 if the show goes another season?
That's right. But if we're taking Haruhi's word on the chronological ordering of the episodes, then it's unlikely that Episode 00 would take place after Someday in the Rain (14).

Why? Remember in the novel (during Shoushitsu I think), Kyon mentioned that the weather felt almost as if it went straight from Summer to Winter? It explains why Mikuru was able to run around in a miniskirt waitress costume in November. But once the story entered December (Shoushitsu), the weather "suddenly turned shitty cold" (← Kyon's words).

Therefore, seeing the heavy winter clothings that Kyon's wearing for the Someday in the Rain preview, I'm assuming it will be placed chronologically after the events of Episode 00, which means Episode 00 will have to be either episode 11, 12, or 13.

Then again, I could be wrong about Someday in the Rain, nobody knows what it's about, after all.

Another thing is the fact that Kanon is going to start in Fall, so unless everyone who works at Kyoani are superhumans, it would be reasonable to think that they'll finish up Haruhi by July (1-cours for 3 months), and give themselves a couple of months to prepare for their next project.
Old 2006-05-22, 18:23   Link #59
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
You are correct it was done by actors, I was also impressed by that, it really added another dimension to it. bravo KyoAni.

That reminds me, when are you going to come on over and give us a hand? If you got the time to read vol.6 please give a sympathetic thought for us non-lingo readers....

*scrawls "Baka-Tsuki" in the sand as he sulks*

Will come after 31st of May, when my exams finish. You can basically leave the whole of volume 4 to me(translation is my profession~)

Anyways...Something I really want to point out.
Many says(and even point out) that there're 15 total episodes to the anime...actually there're 15498 episodes--that's from haruhi.tv.
Go to tihs page and press Ctrl+A and you'll reveal hidden episodes and notes written in the same text colour as the background.
http://www.haruhi.tv/activitylog.html
Keep your hopes high

Do you realize that Haruhi was about to take off her bra in the cave and then she hesitated and gave up? That was the best part of the anime--they expressed how Haruhi sees Kyon as 'different' perfectly.
Old 2006-05-22, 18:34   Link #60
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Do you realize that Haruhi was about to take off her bra in the cave and then she hesitated and gave up? That was the best part of the anime--they expressed how Haruhi sees Kyon as 'different' perfectly.
Does anyone know what she was saying during that scene? I mean, I would like to think of it that way as well.. but just seeing wondering if her dialogue supports this.
Closed Thread