AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 20:36   Link #1241
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier

Open arms, hands aligned towards the screen and her face and eyes facing the screen. Clothed with her egoist outfit (the red flower outfit). Spend as much time as possible on her face, eyes, hair and hands and most of all, take your time ... literally, take your time with it to perfect her image. I am in no hurry and you can delay this whenever and get back to it.

Thanks, Haku.
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:32   Link #1242
Seitsuki
Onee!

Heck yes. Perfecting lineart is easy. Colouring is where all the skill is at.

Keep it up.
Old 2013-05-02, 01:27   Link #1243
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouretsu View Post
Open arms, hands aligned towards the screen and her face and eyes facing the screen. Clothed with her egoist outfit (the red flower outfit). Spend as much time as possible on her face, eyes, hair and hands and most of all, take your time ... literally, take your time with it to perfect her image. I am in no hurry and you can delay this whenever and get back to it.

Thanks, Haku.
Oh, so make it look like she's about to hug or something? And do you want her chibi or not? I'm glad you're in no hurry since it'll probably take me a while to try and draw this. Sorry in advance if I take forever, but I will try my best! ;^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Heck yes. Perfecting lineart is easy. Colouring is where all the skill is at.

Keep it up.
Lineart is just as difficult as coloring to me.
But I noticed if you have great coloring/shading skills it's easy to overlook sloppy lineart...

Random Kyubey drawing!

*shrug* "I don't understand humans."

Kyubey is from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica for those who don't know.
Old 2013-05-06, 01:55   Link #1244
Mouretsu

Not chibi. Yes, take your time. I am in no hurry.
Old 2013-07-09, 23:44   Link #1245
Hakuryu
Klutz

Sorry Mouretsu, I swear I'm still working on your request! It's just giving me a really hard time right now. ^^;

Finally got around to drawing my second favorite Vocaloid, Yowane Haku, for the first time. Why did I have to draw her crying...? ;w;

I don't remember ever having so much trouble with my anatomy before drawing this. I'm still not happy with how this turned out but I'm tired of making it worse messing with it, so here it is! xD
Old 2013-07-10, 00:31   Link #1246
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Well, you've pretty much reached professional standards. Or at least close to it. And it's my fav vocaloid. Awesome work.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 17:30   Link #1247
Mouretsu

Haku, I did mention to take your time with it so that's what I intend for you to do. Take your time with it. No need to hurry. Make it the best possible damn thing you've ever drawn, to date. You know how you leave it for one day, come back another day and you see something wrong or you could improve it in another area? Yea, that's what I meant by it. Anyways, you do what you think is right. I don't mind if it takes a long time. I'm just refreshing this page once in a while for updates and to see your work.
Old 2013-07-12, 23:07   Link #1248
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Well, you've pretty much reached professional standards. Or at least close to it. And it's my fav vocaloid. Awesome work.
Geez, now you're saying that? I don't think I'm anywhere near professional but it does give me a big boost to my confidence to know you think so. ♥

Haku's your favorite Vocaloid? Awesome! I get bonus points then~!

Quote:
Haku, I did mention to take your time with it so that's what I intend for you to do. Take your time with it. No need to hurry. Make it the best possible damn thing you've ever drawn, to date. You know how you leave it for one day, come back another day and you see something wrong or you could improve it in another area? Yea, that's what I meant by it. Anyways, you do what you think is right. I don't mind if it takes a long time. I'm just refreshing this page once in a while for updates and to see your work.
You just summarized one of my main frustrations with drawing in that one sentence.

Anyway, I know you said I should take my time, but I can't help but feel bad when I make people wait. I always get irritated with myself when I take forever with requests even though I know I'm a "can only draw when I'm in the mood" type of person. And being asked to make it the best I've ever drawn is giving me more pressure/frustration with it. ...oh, not that I'm blaming you for that or anything; I just don't wanna let you down. ^^
Old 2013-07-13, 02:59   Link #1249
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Tbh, I wanted my reply to be a bit more constructive, so I thought I'd expand it a bit. But since I can't draw at all and I know nothing about drawing anatomy, well...

The only thing I could actually add is that her right hand looks odd (as you've surely noticed yourself), but the other one looks fine. Perhaps her eyes also differ when compared, but that might be the perspective... And that's pretty much what I can see even when I'm trying hard to be critical

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:54   Link #1250
Mouretsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Geez, now you're saying that? I don't think I'm anywhere near professional but it does give me a big boost to my confidence to know you think so. ♥

Haku's your favorite Vocaloid? Awesome! I get bonus points then~!

You just summarized one of my main frustrations with drawing in that one sentence.

Anyway, I know you said I should take my time, but I can't help but feel bad when I make people wait. I always get irritated with myself when I take forever with requests even though I know I'm a "can only draw when I'm in the mood" type of person. And being asked to make it the best I've ever drawn is giving me more pressure/frustration with it. ...oh, not that I'm blaming you for that or anything; I just don't wanna let you down. ^^
I actually don't mind at all. It's like waiting for Girl's Work to be released by Type-Moon and ufotable. It's been like 3-4 years from their announcement and I'm still waiting patiently. I know it's going to be one hell of an anime series. From what I've seen from your work, I know you won't let me down. So once again, Haku ... Take your time with it!

On another note, the Corsair Vengeance K70 is ONE HELL OF A KEYBOARD! Best gaming keyboard and it's so amazing for graphics. Ahem.
Old 2013-08-24, 20:05   Link #1251
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Tbh, I wanted my reply to be a bit more constructive, so I thought I'd expand it a bit. But since I can't draw at all and I know nothing about drawing anatomy, well...

The only thing I could actually add is that her right hand looks odd (as you've surely noticed yourself), but the other one looks fine. Perhaps her eyes also differ when compared, but that might be the perspective... And that's pretty much what I can see even when I'm trying hard to be critical
I actually made a v2 of that Haku drawing with your critique in mind. I was surprisingly happy with it too. But as soon as I tried to save it, SAI decided to be a butt and kept giving me an error keeping me from saving it. Looks like the file got corrupted somehow because now I can't even open the file anymore. D:

But I really do appreciate your critique! I just wish I could have put it to some real use.
Quote:
I actually don't mind at all. It's like waiting for Girl's Work to be released by Type-Moon and ufotable. It's been like 3-4 years from their announcement and I'm still waiting patiently. I know it's going to be one hell of an anime series. From what I've seen from your work, I know you won't let me down. So once again, Haku ... Take your time with it!

On another note, the Corsair Vengeance K70 is ONE HELL OF A KEYBOARD! Best gaming keyboard and it's so amazing for graphics. Ahem.
Thanks, yet again, for your patience~

After getting over the rage I've been having with SAI, I've finally managed to doodle something. Stress-relief Pikachu drawing, I choose you!

I feel so intimidated by all the great artists popping up around here.
Old 2013-08-24, 20:32   Link #1252
RobotCat
In a Box

Super cute. I like your use of line variation.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 21:29   Link #1253
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I love how soft everything is, especially the line-work. Really want to pinch those cheeks!
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 07:34   Link #1254
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
I actually made a v2 of that Haku drawing with your critique in mind. I was surprisingly happy with it too. But as soon as I tried to save it, SAI decided to be a butt and kept giving me an error keeping me from saving it. Looks like the file got corrupted somehow because now I can't even open the file anymore. D:

But I really do appreciate your critique! I just wish I could have put it to some real use.

Thanks, yet again, for your patience~

After getting over the rage I've been having with SAI, I've finally managed to doodle something. Stress-relief Pikachu drawing, I choose you!

I feel so intimidated by all the great artists popping up around here.
As great as ever been Haku-sama!! The cutest things on animesuki can still be found here... ^^
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 16:10   Link #1255
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
Super cute. I like your use of line variation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
I love how soft everything is, especially the line-work. Really want to pinch those cheeks!
I'm glad you guys both commented positively on my line art since I was testing a different style with it. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
As great as ever been Haku-sama!! The cutest things on animesuki can still be found here... ^^
Aww, thanks Patchy! I always seem to really enjoy drawing cute characters~ ^^

Another stress-relief Pikachu with the same style as my previous one. (I'm still learning how to be consistant )

This is an APNG file so if you're using Firefox (not sure what other browsers support it) you should be able to see a simple blinking animation too.
Old 2013-09-13, 17:57   Link #1256
Seitsuki
Onee!

I try to blink along but the extended part catches me out every single time! Even though I know it's coming!!

/Takes home
Old 2013-09-18, 14:16   Link #1257
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I try to blink along but the extended part catches me out every single time! Even though I know it's coming!!

/Takes home
Hehe, glad you enjoy the animation. ^^

Drew a Jolteon this time.

Of all the Eevee evolutions Jolteon is still, by far, my favorite. ♥
Old 2013-12-07, 23:44   Link #1258
Hakuryu
Klutz

Breaking my latest Poke-combo with some Miku.
This wasn't supposed to be any more than a quick doodle, but I somehow ended up lining and lazily coloring it.

Based off this adorable model from the Project Mirai game.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-04-09, 11:28   Link #1259
Hakuryu
Klutz

I noticed I keep taking longer and longer breaks between drawings.

Anyway, I drew Asuna from SAO for my friend's birthday.

Old 2014-05-18, 00:08   Link #1260
Hakuryu
Klutz

Hooray for lazy coloring~
Booo for badly colored line-art~

Quick drawing of Ruki from Senyuu. I love this series!
I really wanted to draw the other 2 main characters but...I'm not very good at drawing guys yet.

Tags