AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 23:57   Link #2581
Diocar

It is amazing how many dailly posts this thread has. Makes me wonder If mahouka was still released in web chapters what would have more posts...
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 00:00   Link #2582
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I think I'd be ok with Endo POV or maybe one of the girls. That necromancer girl who didn't want to summon the dead seemed pretty interesting to me. I like characters that can grow. Maybe she will learn from this experience and start summoning the dead. It would be a good contrast watching her growth from her POV and seeing it along side Kouki's stagnant character.
we already have many characters but not everyone can do a good POV ,the necromancer girl, i believe will not since it seems she is too shy and did not even want to use her real power, so we may get the same thing that happened to Kouki, the fear of killing or something like that .
we need someone that know their situation and is not afraid to do the job and of course can influence the class when they are making important decisions and we only have the big four (or three now since kaori left). the author can also use the Ryu guy(dont remember his name) but i dont think he will be the best choice.
Old 2014-04-24, 00:02   Link #2583
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
Unfortunately he's also quite popular, equipped with great power and skills, has the title as Hero and is backed by a powerful and manipulative religious body. The recovery and further swelling of his ballooned delusions is imminent in my opinion.

What really shocked me in this story was when he blamed Hajime for being bullied. Ever since then its been obvious to me he has some crazy opinions and will always likely blame Hhjime and ignore everyone else's actions, be they good intentions towards Hajime or evil acts against Hajime.
Point is that Kouki is not an ally of justice. He's an attention seeker who craves for the approval of the crowd. Subconsciously, he's willing to turn a blind eye to institutional or popular evil(like Hajime being bullied by his class or how the Church supports slavery) but is all of a sudden a so-called 'Champion of Justice' whenever the minority perpetrate supposed evil.He's a hypocrite who is hugely biased in his application of 'justice'.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 00:11   Link #2584
maniac88

It'd be nice if the next chapter telling the story from kouki's POV.. I really want to know what is in his mind..

And also his current mental state now that he is abandoned by his childhood friend..
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 00:15   Link #2585
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^ Before its SimplyBill, and now its you. What is it with this wild imagination of Shizuku's Bad End? If it become like that I think many people will abandon this novel.
Well sorry but you know as much as I like her, after her development in the latest chapter, there's this uncomfortable feeling that something really really bad is going to happen to her. It's the instinct of one who has watched lots of anime or played lots of J-games. Her aura is the type that screams "You will never be able to protect her smile"...

btw. next chapter today or tomorrow?
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 00:20   Link #2586
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBill View Post
Well sorry but you know as much as I like her, after her development in the latest chapter, there's this uncomfortable feeling that something really really bad is going to happen to her. It's the instinct of one who has watched lots of anime or played lots of J-games. Her aura is the type that screams "You will never be able to protect her smile"...

Should be in a little over 24 hrs I think comes out 25th at 4pm japan so whatever that is here...

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 00:31   Link #2587
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:

27 hour and thirty minutes to go before the next chapter.

And you know, I also played a lot of h-game. Some of it is pretty screwed up. But this story is just too light to have that kind of development. Well, maybe playing Sengoku Rance before reading this novel doesn't help your imagination.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 00:44   Link #2588
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Point is that Kouki is not an ally of justice. He's an attention seeker who craves for the approval of the crowd. Subconsciously, he's willing to turn a blind eye to institutional or popular evil(like Hajime being bullied by his class or how the Church supports slavery) but is all of a sudden a so-called 'Champion of Justice' whenever the minority perpetrate supposed evil.He's a hypocrite who is hugely biased in his application of 'justice'.
Well I don't remember Kouki calling himself an 'ally of justice' or anyone actually treating him that way. Its more accurate to say he's always does or says what he believes is best for everyone, and sometimes his self righteous opinions are contrary to what other's might think is best or what actually is best.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 01:02   Link #2589
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Well I don't remember Kouki calling himself an 'ally of justice' or anyone actually treating him that way. Its more accurate to say he's always does or says what he believes is best for everyone, and sometimes his self righteous opinions are contrary to what other's might think is best or what actually is best.
Kouki doesn't call himself an ally of justice, but he clearly thinks himself as one. In his opinion, everyone who is against him is evil.We just saw it for ourselves this chapter.
Old 2014-04-24, 01:13   Link #2590
blackcloud6

Well..in a way you can call him a worse version of suzaku (second season)i guess...
blackcloud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 01:18   Link #2591
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

Guess what, a lot of people here also watched or played lots of J-games, and only you and the other guy are the one seeing that flag. If anything, the "Shizuku joins Hajime" flag is a lot more obvious, though as a haremette or a comrade is still up in the air.

Quote:
Kouki doesn't call himself an ally of justice, but he clearly thinks himself as one. In his opinion, everyone who is against him is evil.We just saw it for ourselves this chapter.
Not quite. Those against him are either obviously evil - for people he dislike like Hajime - or being manipulated/controlled/brainwashed - no clue but mostly females like Kaori, Yue, etc...
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 01:23   Link #2592
Guest2

Quote:
Certainly he see's himself as everyone's savior and thinks he's always right, but where's this term 'ally of justice' come from He's never claimed he's out to right the injustice's of the world, he only claims to know what's best for everyone.

He's been more like a self centered preaching Politician rather than someone claiming to be 'Paragon or Champion of justice'.
Old 2014-04-24, 01:26   Link #2593
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Certainly he see's himself as everyone's savior and thinks he's always right, but where's this term 'ally of justice' come from He's never claimed he's out to right the injustice's of the world, he only claims to know what's best for everyone.

He's been more like a self centered preaching Politician rather than someone claiming to be 'Paragon of justice'.
Thank you, you just agreed with my point that he thinks he's a paragon of justice. He also claimed to right the injustice of the world by fighting the devils.His modus operandi isn't to do what's best for everyone but to serve 'justice'. Why in the world did you think he hesitated to kill the devil woman when he could have saved everyone else if he did so? Kouki's an individual guided by a strong ,but skewed, sense of justice. At the same time, he's subconsciously only doing so to win the approval of the crowd in my opinion.
Old 2014-04-24, 02:09   Link #2594
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

I wouldn't surprise if the wolf-in-sheep-kun was an agent send by the church who send to their world, particulate for seeking hero/crusader candidate for 'em, an also the sole reason why they're in another world/dimension ...
Old 2014-04-24, 02:13   Link #2595
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
I wouldn't surprise if the wolf-in-sheep-kun was an agent send by the church who send to their world, particulate for seeking hero/crusader candidate for 'em, an also the sole reason why they're in another world/dimension ...
Wait, wasn't it said that there was indeed an agent of the Church mixed in the group masquerading as a student?
Old 2014-04-24, 02:15   Link #2596
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Wait, wasn't it said that there was indeed an agent of the Church mixed in the group masquerading as a student?
when they got summmoned to dat magical-RPG-like world..??
when?which chapter?
Old 2014-04-24, 02:16   Link #2597
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Kouki's reaction after being humilitated by Hajime in so many ways must feel like Touma's first punch against Accelerator.

I think Kouki is actually nothing more than an attention seeker, who bows down to a consensus, if he considers it "big enough", to which the bullying of Hajime was included as well. But if he sees that something seems "small" or not backed up by "higher ups", then he sees a chance to become flashy to everyone else, escpacially if said "small ones" are taking his most valued attention away from him.
Old 2014-04-24, 02:21   Link #2598
Guest2

Quote:
Thank you, you just agreed with my point that he thinks he's a paragon of justice. He also claimed to right the injustice of the world by fighting the devils.His modus operandi isn't to do what's best for everyone but to serve 'justice'. Why in the world did you think he hesitated to kill the devil woman when he could have saved everyone else if he did so? Kouki's an individual guided by a strong ,but skewed, sense of justice.
No Kouki has never claimed he was out to right all the injustices of the world. You're conveniently forgetting he also stated he hopes to get himself and the others home by completing the task they were summoned for.

Yes I agree he tries to behave justly all the time, despite whether anybody else thinks its really just or not, but behaving justly does mean you are trying do what you think is best for someone, that includes not killing the devil lady. What I am disagreeing with are the extravagant terms of Champion or Ally of Justice. Most people try to do what they think is just, but still turn a blind eye to the greater evils of a world. Kouki has never claimed his goal in life is to correct everyone who isn't just so I just don't feel those terms apply.

I personally don't feel claiming yourself to be the Hero leader everyone should listen to is the same as claiming to be a Champion of Justice. Since to me that would mean I must also consider politicians Champions of Justice, which I don't equate to Champions of Justice.
Old 2014-04-24, 02:27   Link #2599
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
I'm fairly sure Wolf-kun is a fellow student, since Daisuke immediately recognized him. Also consider that Wolf-kun was plotting to offer Hajime Kaori, and I'm guessing no one among the church would have put those two together, since Kaori was basically training with Kouki and co. almost all the time, and hardly ever got in touch with Hajime while they were training before the night of the tragedy.

Quote:
I don't recall that... You would think that the class would be able to tell their classmates apart, especially considering this is a foreign world, where most people are probably not Asian...

Though, this is a fantasy world, and maybe there are quite a few people who look like they're Japanese. Or maybe even a memory modification or a transformation magic was used to ensure they wouldn't realize the truth of the fake classmate.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 02:42   Link #2600
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
No Kouki has never claimed he was out to right all the injustices of the world. You're conveniently forgetting he also stated he hopes to get himself and the others home by completing the task they were summoned for.

Yes I agree he tries to behave justly all the time, despite whether anybody else thinks its really just or not, but behaving justly does mean you are trying do what you think is best for someone, that includes not killing the devil lady. What I am disagreeing with are the extravagant terms of Champion or Ally of Justice. Most people try to do what they think is just, but still turn a blind eye to the greater evils of a world. Kouki has never claimed his goal in life is to correct everyone who isn't just so I just don't feel those terms apply.

I personally don't feel claiming yourself to be the Hero leader everyone should listen to is the same as claiming to be a Champion of Justice. Since to me that would mean I must also consider politicians Champions of Justice, which I don't equate to Champions of Justice.
Well, there's a difference between whether you are a true champion of justice and a false one. Kouki isn't a genuine champion of justice. He's just believed himself to be one without ever openly proclaiming it. Almost all politicians are in one way or another self-proclaimed champions of justice except everyone knows, including themselves, that this isn't really the case. It's a polite fiction that everyone knows it's false.Kouki on the other hand doesn't realize that he isn't really one. From the descriptions of others,it's almost as though he's conveniently dodging greater evil without the thought of it crossing his mind,always finding excuses to explain how the greater evils aren't really evil.This is exemplified in his belief that Hajime must have done something to deserve bullying from Daisuke and others, and that is in itself a form of justice.This allows him to continue to pretend he's some almighty ally of justice without ever finding the selective nature of his 'justice' contradictory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
I'm fairly sure Wolf-kun is a fellow student, since Daisuke immediately recognized him. Also consider that Wolf-kun was plotting to offer Hajime Kaori, and I'm guessing no one among the church would have put those two together, since Kaori was basically training with Kouki and co. almost all the time, and hardly ever got in touch with Hajime while they were training before the night of the tragedy.

I don't recall that... You would think that the class would be able to tell their classmates apart, especially considering this is a foreign world, where most people are probably not Asian...

Though, this is a fantasy world, and maybe there are quite a few people who look like they're Japanese. Or maybe even a memory modification or a transformation magic was used to ensure they wouldn't realize the truth of the fake classmate.
MAGIC. Magic should do the trick. Magic should let you blend into the class unnoticed. To be honest, the class isn't that sharp. They have little clue that Shimizu was missing and did very little until he turned up with 60k demons on his side.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-04-24 at 02:59.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel