AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-24, 21:51   Link #2661
bakapervert
A pervert

Time for the class to stop being a sissy that can only fight only when they are in full health and have every scratch healed at the end of every fight. Pain is the best teacher and it will teach them to be more cautious and thinking ahead.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:04   Link #2662
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
too much love can become boring after a while, having rivals by her side can make things more interesting (not that she thinks like this, and even if she said it, everyone will start to doubt about her love for hajime).

thanks for the translation about kaori determination, seeing that i started to like her bit more, but this doesn't change that thanks to her hajime life was hell ( yeah yeah she was too innocent to see the evil she was doing but screw that i don't care, it doesn't change a thing).
I have to disagree here. Kaori was just a normal girl who liked a boy. The rest of the class were just outsiders who placed expectations that she never asked for on her. While she was aware that Hajime was being bullied no one ever openly stated that it was her and always fell back on because he's an otaku. She isn't a mind reader so she's not going to know unless someone tells her. If she did know she would have stood up for him just like she did the time Daisuke was beating him with his buddies.

All Kaori did was talk to the boy she liked. If anyone made his life hell it was the class along with Kouki and Daisuke. At the beginning Kouki was remarking about how she was too nice when she was talking to Hajime and she said that it wasn't the reason she talked to him. So IMO Kaori was never doing anything wrong, it was the people who arbitrarily decided that she needed to be a certain way and arbitrarily decided that the person she liked wasn't good enough for her and began bullying him.

This is like if some random stranger decided that my girlfriend wasn't suited to me and began hurting her. I know it isn't me that's wrong in this situation so the person who is wrong is the outsider who doesn't know how to mind their own business.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:11   Link #2663
teejmo

So, I was imagining Kaori's introduction with the rest of Hajime's crew...
Kaori - "So, how did you all meet Hajime-kun?"
Yue - "Hajime saved me in the dungeon."
Shia - "Hajime-san saved my tribe."
Miu - "Papa saved me from really scary men!"
Kaori - "Wow, Hajime-kun saved everybody! And what about you, Tio-chan?"
Tio - "Master stuck one of his guns up my ass."
(awkward pause)
Kaori - "Hajime-kun?"
Hajime - "Tio, I'm going to kill you!"
Tio - "Ah, Master, that hurteth!"
Kaori - "Haji~"
She's stopped by Shia and Yue
Yue - "It's better not to ask."
Shia - "Yes, Tia-san is... special."
Miu - "Sometimes Tia can be scary!"
Kaori then notices the look of ecstasy on Tio's face, and just turns away...
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:13   Link #2664
bakapervert
A pervert

^ Pfft, that's hilarious.
Old 2014-04-24, 22:17   Link #2665
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
hmm, looking at latest post by the author on his page (4/20):
- looks like he will be getting more busy and possibly, after part 3, his writing pace will slow down.
- Several changes: from [8 Dungeons] to [7 Dungeons]
- Second princess is excluded, since he thought she will not going to have any appearance at all.
- and lots of comments from reader cheering for Shizuku to have a happy ending!

7:23 hours left
So is the character of the second princess simply just deleted or is she still there but just won't make an appearance?What was the age of the first princess originally?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:19   Link #2666
bludvein

I don't think anyone is saying Kaori should have left him alone just because unrelated people didn't approve, but it is pretty damn airheaded that she didn't notice why he was being bullied. It's not her fault, but....Well, I agree the unrelated people should've minded their own business.

Kouki was the only who was seemingly not jealous(at least not consciously), but that's only because he thought she was just being nice. Obviously, Kouki is too great for Kaori to be interested in anybody else! I swear he is the most revolting character in this work. At least Daisuke has some guilt and awareness, even if he still needs to go die in a fire.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:22   Link #2667
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Time for the class to stop being a sissy that can only fight only when they are in full health and have every scratch healed at the end of every fight. Pain is the best teacher and it will teach them to be more cautious and thinking ahead.
Easier said then done.

They went through kiddie training camp, and never really had a challenge until the demon, other then the first behemoth fight when Hajime saved them.

They would need to go through a typical intensive boot camp(~12 weeks) to break them down from soft Japanese high school students to more hardened teenagers more mentally fit to survive this world.

When they arrived and were put through the kiddie training, they just taught them the basics of combat and never really understood how a safe, modern lifestyle makes people too soft to do well in this type of world. A more robust training would likely have had them able to properly respond to the behemoth without panicing, could have possibly identified Hajime as a good leader under stressful conditions and may of reined in Kouki's brash hero attitude.

Meld understands that now and likely understands what may need to be done, but the church or kingdom may not allow them to do what is needed. They may be more controllable currently then if they were a disciplined united troop/teams.

Hajime went through the reconditioning needed to survive and thrive in this world, his just was an unsupervised AP course that had some side effects and trauma that he is slowly getting over.

Kouki saw Hajime's ruthlessness as evil. A willingness to kill an opponent in cold blood that you could not guarantee would be treated honorable(torture would be likely), or even that your allies could safely incarcerate(what are the chances she could petrify people even when locked up?). Killing her immediately was the only one of several choices, all of them bad when she did not flee when given the chance. Kill her, capture her or release her.

Good is not nice, Ruthlessness is not evil.

Ironically Hajime should have let Shizuka spread rumors of him around. He is having problems with people harassing him and his harem, trying to intimidate him and making him kill them. If he had some actual rumors moving quickly as the "White haired Full Metal Synthesist, who Strikes his foes dead with a crack of thunder and flash of lighting.' 'Freedom bringer to the enslaved, slayer of the slavers' He might find enemies less willing to antagonize him, they might instead just flee at his approach instead, saving him from actually having to kill anyone. Would reduce the amount of small fries making trouble for him.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:24   Link #2668
blankerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
So is the character of the second princess simply just deleted or is she still there but just won't make an appearance?What was the age of the first princess originally?
just no appearance, 7 or 8 yr old down to 5 and no name mention

she was either 15 or 16 at least from Dreg00 Bing TL
blankerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:27   Link #2669
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Easier said then done.

They went through kiddie training camp, and never really had a challenge until the demon, other then the first behemoth fight when Hajime saved them.

They would need to go through a typical intensive boot camp(~12 weeks) to break them down from soft Japanese high school students to more hardened teenagers more mentally fit to survive this world.

When they arrived and were put through the kiddie training, they just taught them the basics of combat and never really understood how a safe, modern lifestyle makes people too soft to do well in this type of world. A more robust training would likely have had them able to properly respond to the behemoth without panicing, could have possibly identified Hajime as a good leader under stressful conditions and may of reined in Kouki's brash hero attitude.

Meld understands that now and likely understands what may need to be done, but the church or kingdom may not allow them to do what is needed. They may be more controllable currently then if they were a disciplined united troop/teams.

Hajime went through the reconditioning needed to survive and thrive in this world, his just was an unsupervised AP course that had some side effects and trauma that he is slowly getting over.

Kouki saw Hajime's ruthlessness as evil. A willingness to kill an opponent in cold blood that you could not guarantee would be treated honorable(torture would be likely), or even that your allies could safely incarcerate(what are the chances she could petrify people even when locked up?). Killing her immediately was the only one of several choices, all of them bad when she did not flee when given the chance. Kill her, capture her or release her.

Good is not nice, Ruthlessness is not evil.

Ironically Hajime should have let Shizuka spread rumors of him around. He is having problems with people harassing him and his harem, trying to intimidate him and making him kill them. If he had some actual rumors moving quickly as the "White haired Full Metal Synthesist, who Strikes his foes dead with a crack of thunder and flash of lighting.' 'Freedom bringer to the enslaved, slayer of the slavers' He might find enemies less willing to antagonize him, they might instead just flee at his approach instead, saving him from actually having to kill anyone. Would reduce the amount of small fries making trouble for him.
Well yeah its not easy. But they really need that done or they are gonna get slaughtered when the devil that conquered the dungeon take the field. They just come really really close to death, and also after this they will know Shimizu just got shot to death by their own classmate. Hopefully they will try harder after this even if a little.
Old 2014-04-24, 22:48   Link #2670
SineMora
Wait for it...

Well Hajime embodies "Good is not nice", "Ruthlessness is not evil", "Good is not Soft" and last but never the least, the department that Kouki fails so hard: "Good is not Dumb"
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:54   Link #2671
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Well Hajime embodies "Good is not nice", "Ruthlessness is not evil", "Good is not Soft" and last but never the least, the department that Kouki fails so hard: "Good is not Dumb"
I think Dark Helmet may disagree with that last part

I've been getting the feeling that each time Hajime saves someone (gains a haremete) it's almost like he's saving a different part of his nature that was scarred or suppressed in orcas. Not that he's necessarily going back to his old self but he's becoming a little more human again maybe. He had to become a monster to survive with the monsters, perhaps he's regaining something like his humanity.

Old 2014-04-24, 22:54   Link #2672
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
So go ahead and bring a small brigade of healers, and hope they can have the throughput needed to survive deeper in the dungeon, not a bad idea. Unless the idea will be to blood the class in the other dungeons to mix it up a bit first.
Oh, oh, please let the class visit the Miledy(is that how it's spelled?) dungeon. I really, really want to see that.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 23:02   Link #2673
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Oh, oh, please let the class visit the Miledy(is that how it's spelled?) dungeon. I really, really want to see that.
Looking forward to it...
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 23:04   Link #2674
bludvein

Quote:
Bets on how far they make it down the first hall before someone dies?
Old 2014-04-24, 23:12   Link #2675
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Bets on how far they make it down the first hall before someone dies?
I'm just imagining Kouki's reactions to humiliating traps because of how serious he takes himself.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 23:16   Link #2676
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
I prefer this trope for Kouki myself.
Old 2014-04-24, 23:25   Link #2677
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
I'm just imagining Kouki's reactions to humiliating traps because of how serious he takes himself.
Oddly I can see him being more upset about the humiliation from the traps than the deaths of the people following him.

Old 2014-04-25, 00:19   Link #2678
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
So, I was imagining Kaori's introduction with the rest of Hajime's crew...
Kaori - "So, how did you all meet Hajime-kun?"
Yue - "Hajime saved me in the dungeon."
Shia - "Hajime-san saved my tribe."
Miu - "Papa saved me from really scary men!"
Kaori - "Wow, Hajime-kun saved everybody! And what about you, Tio-chan?"
Tio - "Master stuck one of his guns up my ass."
(awkward pause)
Kaori - "Hajime-kun?"
Hajime - "Tio, I'm going to kill you!"
Tio - "Ah, Master, that hurteth!"
Kaori - "Haji~"
She's stopped by Shia and Yue
Yue - "It's better not to ask."
Shia - "Yes, Tia-san is... special."
Miu - "Sometimes Tia can be scary!"
Kaori then notices the look of ecstasy on Tio's face, and just turns away...
This must happen, and soon.
Old 2014-04-25, 02:45   Link #2679
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Spoiler for :
Old 2014-04-25, 02:57   Link #2680
blankerer

1h 3 min

wonder if the pace going to drop after
blankerer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel