AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-21, 10:08   Link #16281
Tormenk

The oob colors are pretty good except for the gold, (It's hard to go wrong with white red and black anyway. Plus bandai has never done non-plated gold really well)
but the butchered design is still a turn-off. The Red Frame Kai doesn't stand out well enough on it's own design-wise after they slapped blue frame's sword on it. :/

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 17:09   Link #16282
Sworra

With the Red Frames Pack/Claymore/Bow n arrow, kinda being the down fall of this kit, Well to others i assume it is. But i see something more to this. I'm pretty much a Red Frame Fan so i took the liberty to change a few things on it when the Red Frame becomes available.. The Pack to me isn't the Red Frame, I like the fact that it turns into a Bow n arrow but i will only keep the pack as the bow itself. So im pretty much making a new pack for it. I recently been looking at different ways to make a new pack for it and i've come with a solution.. I'm pretty much taking parts from the Strike Aile pack that i bought just for the pack itself ( I know it sounds crazy) but i wanted the pack to look more of where it came from, So in the series Strike came from Orb, so did the Red Frame so the pack from the Strike is probably as close as im going to get it but with a few mods..

I believe if Bandai wants to create something different, well i can't really say anything when it comes to there marketing schemes, But i do know is that when it comes to modelling it's all about change and custom jobs, not just what they give you to show but what you want it to be. If you don't like the pack or the kit well first don't put the pack on and then bash it. There are options that you can create and use, just got to put your mind on things. I know people don't have the time or patients to be bothered with it but plain and simple don't buy it if you don't like it.. I seen reviews on the NG Red Frame and how it poses, I was amazed at what that NG can do. We will see how this MG compares to the NG.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 18:42   Link #16283
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The clear parts are included as part of the "MG Clear Parts Campaign", which also includes many other MG's like the Victory Gundam. The Clear Parts won't be standard issue on the next batch of releases though AFAIK.
another batch of clear part gundams are being released progressively from february i believe, some of the standouts are MG exia and MG Hi-nu. i dont think they'll release two sets one containing clear parts and one not....

although if Bandai did do that, i would be pretty pissed off

the back of the MG red frame does look a bit out of place, but i wont be posing mine anyway like that... love the bow and arrow gimmick though

Also is it just me or does the previous pic of the MG red frame show that the gold parts for the swords are not plated???? this is quite dissapointing to be honest as in the previous pics the gold part was clearly plated.... oh well still getting it though

Last edited by darkstrife; 2010-01-21 at 22:33.
darkstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 21:00   Link #16284
Lime soda

So that's the official position of its Tactical arms? How's it suppose to fly when the thrusters are facing up? It's a extra touch that sets it away from the Blue frame so that's nice.

I prefer the Blue frame better because of its head and shoulders are an improvement over the original Astray's. Plus, I think the colors are placed more attractively on the Blue. I also get the feeling the Red frame might not get parts for the sword arms too..

Red frame is still worthwhile kit. Gerbera straights and hopefully a large beam arrow to show off that bulky looking bow. This is no different for me when I was deciding over the Force and Sword Impulse.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 22:42   Link #16285
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
people also need to keep in mind and not jump to conclusions so fast over a few pics. Remember when all those people were complaining about the PG 00 and then when it finally came out everyone was like oh thats cool i love it and so on. You dont have to pose the kit like the picture either you can keep the flight pack anyway you want. I say just wait till dalong and the official boxart comes out of the kit before you make any real judgments. As for the yellow parts it could very well be just a prototype part and not the official release so its not gold plated.
Old 2010-01-22, 00:53   Link #16286
GNWeapon
On Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwei86 View Post
I guess everything is not perfect.. i just straight build it without doing any errors and the plastic itself causes problems(good job Bandai)... so how long do u think it will last? 1 year? 2 year? If it did crack, is there a solution to repairing it? Getting a new model will really be a waste...
That I can't say... you just got to hope.
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 03:16   Link #16287
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Oh LAWRD!!!!

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/...ndam-saga.html
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 03:42   Link #16288
Zantetsuken

My god! Robot Damashii Reborns! This so made my b day
Old 2010-01-22, 03:42   Link #16289
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

UNBELIEVABLE this IS AWESOME
Old 2010-01-22, 03:49   Link #16290
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
LOL I bet the HG would come out soon (well one could hope right?)
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 03:51   Link #16291
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Now, I wonder if this seals the possibility of getting Arios Ascalon, and Seravee Gundam GNHW/3G.
Old 2010-01-22, 04:51   Link #16292
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It's not over yet people: http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/...hers-from.html
Old 2010-01-22, 05:23   Link #16293
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
Given that they've already made the 00 Seven Sword G which was previously made into Robot Damashii, an HG version of the Cherudim SAGA after this would be a dream come true

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 05:58   Link #16294
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Given that they've already made the 00 Seven Sword G which was previously made into Robot Damashii, an HG version of the Cherudim SAGA after this would be a dream come true
My biggest concern is, if the rest of the 00V Gundams will be made.

I'd totally LOVE a Arios Ascalon, however....in retrospect. I might not really need it. Since Harute is everything I wanted in an Arios design.
Old 2010-01-22, 09:40   Link #16295
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
OH YES PLEASE!!! I already have a RD alvaron DX and I'd rather get a HG saga then a RD saga.
Old 2010-01-22, 11:40   Link #16296
Kitaeryu

From the looks of it, I'm probably the only one looking forward to a 1/100 version of the Saga xD
Despite the flaws of the 1/100 S2 kit *cough waist cough*, I prefer the 1/100 size + more detail (kinda) + more weight + all my kits the same size.

Still waiting on my 1/100 007s =D
Old 2010-01-22, 14:57   Link #16297
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Yes,indeed.Though my personal wish list would be HG Avalanche Exia and HG Astraea [Yeah,a real release this time around].

If I have HG Astraea,then I can display all 4 Generation CB lead MS with HG[Dont care much about the 1/100s].......and thats totally awesome.

But I guess a bigger wishlist would all HG 2nd Generation Gundams,plus Avalanche Exia,Cherudim SAGA,Seravee 3G,GRM Gundam....and maybe a few more.
Old 2010-01-22, 16:30   Link #16298
Nerroth
NePoi!

Fingers crossed for a RT or HG version of the GRM...

...or the 1 Gundam, for that matter.

(When it comes to the ones announced, the SAGA is very interesting - but when it comes to the Reborns, I might have been more excited had I not got the HG already.)
Old 2010-01-22, 16:34   Link #16299
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

A Robot Damashii Garm Gundam would be all kinds of kick ass....but there is no doubting it would be an exclusive.

Ya know what Bandai better NOT do? Have the RD SAGA be limited, and the kit mass release. I will rage so hard....
Old 2010-01-22, 17:20   Link #16300
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Who knows,Bandai's very good at this things.Making people mad that is.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy