AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2009-04-06, 03:22   Link #1121
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalent View Post
Actually, with all the figures and numbers out there that proves that FMP sales is low and stuff (which stopped its ccontinuation), I wonder why FMP gets the honour of being, well according to Quack-man, one of the very few to be re-released as a Blue-Ray Disc. Could there be a link here? Or maybe I'm just bluffing myself.
In fact AIR was the first Kyoto Animation series TV to be re-released in the Blu-Ray format (with new opening, ending, all the background in HD and PCM 5.1 sound) a lot of anime are re-released in Blu-Ray right know (like Card Captor Sakura ) but most of them are simply upscale. For FMP TSR it looks like it has receive the full HD treatment.

FMP sales are low for a Kyoto Animation product, if that was a JC Staff anime new series would have been produced
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 06:05   Link #1122
Revalent

Full HD treatment, wow thats something
Revalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 06:24   Link #1123
Miles Teg

Quote:
Full HD treatment, wow thats something
It's possible that TSR has been produce in HD to begin with and that the DVD version was a downscale So without a comparison between the broadcast/DVD/Blu-Ray it's hard to say exactly what was done or not
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 06:30   Link #1124
plau

Does anyone have a comparison?
plau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 22:20   Link #1125
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
No amount of alcohol other anime will get rid of that, its just to dull the pain. But it kinda helps the time fly at least.
oh i have learnt that the hard way. Ive pretty much learn t that any anime and alcohol does not mix many a times Ive come home pretty wasted after a night out put on an anime series or OAV started watching it and fallen asleep/passed out then wake up in the morning not remembering where i got up to and having to start again.

this happened the first time i watched Full Metal Panic
Old 2009-04-07, 03:05   Link #1126
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ic-film-rights

live action with that annoying kid Zac Efron from those horrible movies about highschool.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 04:12   Link #1127
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post

live action with that annoying kid Zac Efron from those horrible movies about highschool.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO
this cannot be happening even if this is a joke it is the worst joke ive ever seen.
if this is true they have just ruined the series. Zac Efron is such a gimp if he is playing Sousuke i going to hollywood and murdering anyone that has to do with this abomination. they should at least get Zac Efron to play Leonard so we can see him die.
Old 2009-04-07, 04:34   Link #1128
Revalent

This is really a sick joke...

There goes the series, Full Metal Gayness
Revalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 04:56   Link #1129
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
I died a lot inside when I heard this, I can't believe it.

I think I'd go crazy if they turned this into a musical D:
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 04:57   Link #1130
Alchemist007
*Author

Only thing good I think could come of this is more money for another season.
Old 2009-04-07, 05:07   Link #1131
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
cept its American not Japanese so screwed on that.

Only thing would be media attention for them to create a new season but again, being American and not Japanese pretty much screws us on that too.
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 05:11   Link #1132
Alchemist007
*Author

There's always the profit from ppl who watch it and go to the anime DVD sets having had a taste (hopefully an appealing one).
Old 2009-04-07, 05:42   Link #1133
plau

There are certain things you cannot produce in live action... FMP is one of them...
Old 2009-04-07, 06:03   Link #1134
Frostbitten

This totally ruined my day. This HAS to be a joke.
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 09:07   Link #1135
Crisano

Wow, I guess I am the only one interested. I want to believe that the Zac Efron thing ends like the Jesse McCarthy thing in that the part does not go to him afterall. Then again, with Zac Efron, the movie will definitely get attention (... but it will probably be from Zac Efron fans so...)

On the bright side, there will possibly be more interested in Full Metal Panic! with this live-action movie. I want to be very optimistic about this.

Wait...

"Panic," which is set in a world almost exclusively without adults, is known for mixing visceral action with wry comedy."

This line makes me nervous. There were definitely adults in Full Metal Panic (not exclusively without). Does this mean it will be an adaption like Fumoffu or something?
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 09:20   Link #1136
Jarmel

FMP can easily be adapted into live action. However Zak Effron does scare me as Sagara, I can't imagine him as a soldier. The only good that can come of this is renewed interest and possibility of a third season. Well atleast we know Kadokawa hasn't completely forgotten about us, just forsaken us.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 09:22   Link #1137
typhonsentra

The fact that they're going to make "Sousuke" a non-asian says a lot. Whatever this movie will be it might not even be named Full Metal Panic, it'll be a fairly loose adaptation.

One thing to keep in mind: Even though Sousuke is supposed to be pretty badass he is described as being a pretty boy.... maybe it could work? I mean the idea of Effron as the lead doesn't fill me with the same level of dread Chatwin as Goku did at the very least.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 09:24   Link #1138
plau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisano View Post
Wow, I guess I am the only one interested. I want to believe that the Zac Efron thing ends like the Jesse McCarthy thing in that the part does not go to him afterall. Then again, with Zac Efron, the movie will definitely get attention (... but it will probably be from Zac Efron fans so...)

On the bright side, there will possibly be more interested in Full Metal Panic! with this live-action movie. I want to be very optimistic about this.

Wait...

"Panic," which is set in a world almost exclusively without adults, is known for mixing visceral action with wry comedy."

This line makes me nervous. There were definitely adults in Full Metal Panic (not exclusively without). Does this mean it will be an adaption like Fumoffu or something?
It's not that I'm not interested, it's just that I think a live-action film would ruin FMP. There aren't many good example of good English live-action anime adaptations. *stares at Dragonball Evolution and G-Saviour*
Old 2009-04-07, 09:24   Link #1139
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I saw any of the FMP series's Sagara wasn't actually a Caucasian dude.

Quote:
This is really a sick joke...

There goes the series, Full Metal Gayness
FMG

Could anyone wake me up from the nightmare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plau View Post
There are certain things you cannot produce in live action... FMP is one of them...
One of them being the ARX-7 Arbalest and the assortment of Arm Slaves featured in the FMP Universe.

CGI Arm Slaves ala G-Saviour, anyone?

Someone rants about it:

http://cjblackwing.wordpress.com/2009/04/07/fmpmovie/
Old 2009-04-07, 11:06   Link #1140
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Upon hearing that news, Our beloved A.I., AL has nothing in his mind but commit suicide:

However, as you can see, the poor fellow can't reach the trigger. Will you guys be kind enough to release AL from this torment?

Tags
there is a god!