AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-04-17, 13:11   Link #521
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
The thing about Kawai, no matter how great he is, is that I am sure he wouldn't be able to surprass the VN OST
That's not what he set out to do with his score for the Higurashi adaptations --- and it's what a lot of you game players seem to think. Can't you people just treat it as a stand alone score, and leave it at that?

Yes i agree the original score is miles better for the story, though i treat the two completely different, instead of comparing them.
Old 2009-04-17, 13:32   Link #522
chronotrig

I guess the point is, why do they need to be different?
If many songs from the game soundtrack are better in most ways, why not keep them?

Of course, it wouldn't make sense to use only tracks from the game, since you need to match the music with individual scenes in the anime. A score is still needed. But a huge part of what makes Umineko Umineko is the great tracks.

Yes, you can make a good adaptation while changing a lot of what made the original good.
But lightning tends not to strike in the same place twice. The more they change from the games' original feel, the more they risk losing what makes these games great in the first place.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 14:50   Link #523
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Ah i just imagine what would have happened if FFVII AC didn't have any single music from the original game XD

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 08:45   Link #524
patnam

i bet Kenji Kawai will make a great score for this anime series...
therefore the opening and ending theme may in english version...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 17:55   Link #525
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yes, please do that. We have a thread for this where you can talk about all of this without risk of spoilering anyone. Take the discussion to that thread if you don't mind.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 01:28   Link #526
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well I have nothing else to add regarding that, as I feel I let out everything already which was in my mind (IMO without giving anything away).
I felt it was slightly related to the music-discussion here (at least I instinctively associated on the OP bgm, which led me to the OP itself). Please feel free to send me any lifesign or something, if my puzzling, borderline spoilerish replies were too much and I'll delete them .
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 03:39   Link #527
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hearing plenty good things about Umineko's original score. Will go check that out.
Worldend Dominator is awesome.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 07:35   Link #528
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The track "far" is also very good. I had been listening to it on repeat.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 09:57   Link #529
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
I have nothing against Kawai's score for Higurashi. It just seems to me that most of you who know about the original score will forever compare it to that, and that's fine. I do believe that Kawai could have done a better job, but ah well it's just one of those things. Still that doesn't mean i don't like his score for it --- there's quite a few pieces from it that i liked quite a bit.
You know, I get the feeling that the biggest problem people have with Higurashi isn't really the score itself. The sound direction was really awful at some parts and the lack of any music or whatsoever made A LOT of scenes really dull/uninteresting. I haven't read Higurashi, but, at least in Umineko, music plays a huge part on the whole piece. To be quite honest, I think a lot of those scenes wouldn't have caused the same impact on me if it weren't for the musics they used. Especially those composed by zts which hold that "brace now, man, we're getting close to the end and we'll wrap it up in great fashion!".

But yeah, couple that with the lack of the original score (especially You, which, afaik, is a fan-favourite) and I guess people just can't help but put all the blame on Kawai.

In other news, though, regarding the Umineko score, it's really brilliant. Try it out when you have the time. I'm pretty sure stuff like HANE and goldenslaughterer won't let you down.
Old 2009-04-22, 10:18   Link #530
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
In other news, though, regarding the Umineko score, it's really brilliant. Try it out when you have the time. I'm pretty sure stuff like HANE and goldenslaughterer won't let you down.
I finally started listening to osts 2-4 just before, goldenslaughter is just amazing, zts is the man, what else has (s)he done?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 11:39   Link #531
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

dreamend discharger is probably the best he has composed, meaning he's getting even better over time. The violin parts are amazing.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 15:08   Link #532
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I finally started listening to osts 2-4 just before, goldenslaughter is just amazing, zts is the man, what else has (s)he done?
You know, now that you ask me, I really don't think I've listened to other zts works. I mean, aside from arranges and remixes that are on YouTube, I really can't name any other game he has worked on.

Anyway, gotta agree with the poster above. dreamenddischarger is simply awesome. I really like how he mixes in a bit of the other tunes on it and how it still works and flows perfectly.
Old 2009-04-22, 15:08   Link #533
kyouray
2D > 3D

From Famitsu :
Old 2009-04-22, 15:13   Link #534
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Battler sure looks like Phoenix Wright while objecting with that pose.

Looking good, though. And the bishounen-ish look's really making my mind go wild while imagining it coupled with Daisuke (Fabulous) Ono's voice.
Old 2009-04-22, 15:22   Link #535
Coruja

Ohhh very nice!! ^^ Battler looks so handsome.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 17:34   Link #536
UnknownBeast

Battler looks a bit young.. even if he's nineteen... and he doesn't look "big".. >_>

Beato looks awesome though. :3 :3 :3

WAIT... *takes a closer look* Wait a sec...

DID THEY MISCOLORED THE ROSE ON HER HEAD!?!!?
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 17:43   Link #537
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I really like how Battler looks, I like the colors and the style and the pose, Beatrice on the other hand...

Also I like how Battler doesn't look super huge, even if he is tall he doesn't really need to be drawn as if he's a giant of anything. In the original game he doesn't really look like he's that tall anyway, and I don't really like how a lot of taller people in anime are drawn so seriously while everybody else looks normal. I'm sure we'll see the height difference when he's standing next to the others anyway...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 17:52   Link #538
aguspin2007

it seems so =w=U
it's horrible with the yellow rose :S
aguspin2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 18:19   Link #539
Crisano

Really am impressed with the image. Really like the colors they choose for the characters. Definitely looking forward to this.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 18:42   Link #540
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Her hair is already yellow, why are they making her rose yellow!? orz

Seriously, what are they thinking?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote