AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-11, 12:24   Link #1021
g1alpha

No i'm talking about when ein returned to scythe while they were on the run.
g1alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 12:38   Link #1022
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
No i'm talking about when ein returned to scythe while they were on the run.
At that time, she was confused and in conflict betwen running away with Reiji and returning to Scyhte, the one whom she considered her master and father.
Old 2009-08-11, 12:59   Link #1023
g1alpha

Oh, i see... Tch... if only elen had decided to go with reiji before she was shot by him we would have been able to watch the exprsion on scythe's face as he was shot.... It's a pity
Old 2009-08-11, 13:17   Link #1024
Nayrael
The Faceless One

The reason Ellen jumped in front of Scyhte was not to protect Scyhte, but to not allow Reiji to kill someone from his own free will (if he kills someone as Reiji rather then as Zwei, then he will cross the point of no return, she tought). Unfortunately, she jumped too late, got hit and made the situation worse.
In other words, even if she stayed with Reiji, we would not get to see dying Scyhte so soon.

As for his dying face... don't worry, the series still isn't over. He has more then enough time to die.
Old 2009-08-11, 13:24   Link #1025
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
The reason Ellen jumped in front of Scyhte was not to protect Scyhte, but to not allow Reiji to kill someone from his own free will (if he kills someone as Reiji rather then as Zwei, then he will cross the point of no return, she tought). Unfortunately, she jumped too late, got hit and made the situation worse.
In other words, even if she stayed with Reiji, we would not get to see dying Scyhte so soon.

As for his dying face... don't worry, the series still isn't over. He has more then enough time to die.
Question: Did he suffer during his death?
Old 2009-08-11, 14:18   Link #1026
Nayrael
The Faceless One

For those interested, I wrote summaries of the story in Claudia's path so that those who won't ever play the game can see how it looks (since chapter 2 in animr ended and those masked girls have been introduced, there should be no spoilers bellow):

(if fellow VN readers read this and find some mistakes, please PM me so that I can fix it)
Claudia's Path: Chapter 1
Claudia's Path in chapter 2, Part 1
Claudia's Path in Chapter 2, Part 2
Both endings in Claudia's path

Quote:
Question: Did he suffer during his death?
Depends on the ending. Sometimes he doesn't even die.
Also, check the links above. He dies in one of the Claudia's endings.
Old 2009-08-11, 14:31   Link #1027
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Is the visual novel licensed in NA? Where could I buy it?

(I apologize if this has been discussed but I don't have the luxury to search through 52 pages).
Old 2009-08-12, 10:22   Link #1028
Mentar
Banned

Just check Amazon.com

I could see 14 offers listed, ranging from 2.49$ to 19.99$

A steal.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 13:07   Link #1029
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well i guess this outcome from the min Cal showed up. However i am not too found of the development it just seems like they keep throwing SM a bone everytime he takes a hit or a lose to keep him in the game. To me it just seems like are giving him ways to make him even more of a bastard so the audience hates him even more. But everyones luck runs out i just hope they dont keep tossing convenient things his way.

If he manages to break Cal like he broke Ein thats just going to make it even sicker. However Cal has a rebellious nature and i cant see her forming an emotional attachment to SM long enough for him to manipulate her for long. But she is emotional over what she thinks happen to Reiji that could be enough for SM to get her to be a puppet.

I still think Ein and Zwei will lay low in Mexico for a bit form a plan and come back to wipe not only SM but Inferno off the map to keep others from falling into the same darkness they fell into. A reckoning is coming im just not sure who will leave to see the aftermath.
Old 2009-08-12, 15:01   Link #1030
u43368
Disabled By Request

Quote:
It's too dark, not shonen, not moe, not Gundam or EVA and it didn't contain Mio.

Bee Train prob knew this would happen from the start.
The sad thing is that it's not even all that dark, compared to some of the stuff from years ago.

What has happened to Japan. v_v
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 18:24   Link #1031
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Well i guess this outcome from the min Cal showed up. However i am not too found of the development it just seems like they keep throwing SM a bone everytime he takes a hit or a lose to keep him in the game. To me it just seems like are giving him ways to make him even more of a bastard so the audience hates him even more. But everyones luck runs out i just hope they dont keep tossing convenient things his way.

If he manages to break Cal like he broke Ein thats just going to make it even sicker. However Cal has a rebellious nature and i cant see her forming an emotional attachment to SM long enough for him to manipulate her for long. But she is emotional over what she thinks happen to Reiji that could be enough for SM to get her to be a puppet.

I still think Ein and Zwei will lay low in Mexico for a bit form a plan and come back to wipe not only SM but Inferno off the map to keep others from falling into the same darkness they fell into. A reckoning is coming im just not sure who will leave to see the aftermath.
I just hope Cal doesn't get touched/molested/licked by SM like Ein did (if he even lays one finger on my precious Cal imma rip his head off ARGHHHH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
The sad thing is that it's not even all that dark, compared to some of the stuff from years ago.

Yeah i know rooooight? The moe-otaku fans have taken over >.<!! It's all about marketing, especially at such bad economic times >.>
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 21:14   Link #1032
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
The sad thing is that it's not even all that dark, compared to some of the stuff from years ago. What has happened to Japan. v_v
That may be why I can take it, lol. I tend to like gentler shows, and romance or potential romance, rather than fighting. But it's true that even I probably liked the earlier, darker parts of this show best.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 21:53   Link #1033
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

But if it's super dark, then it's no fun for repeat viewing, at least for me.

This level of darkness is fun for repeat viewing. Elen's Wanted sniper shot was the best.
Old 2009-08-13, 02:34   Link #1034
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
The moe-otaku fans have taken over >.<!!
I don't know if moe otaku took over or if the market just narrowed to the point that they're the only ones still buying. It's smaller and a lot less diverse now.....producers might eventually destroy themselves if they cater to a shrinking niche without attracting fresh blood.

They will have to change the way they do business, from the way financing works to the way they market and make money off of anime. Noitamina proves that it's possible, don't you think?

It'll be fascinating to see how K-On is perceived in a decade. Does the series have enough substance to stand the test of time? As a show, it thrives on unrestrained excess, which will likely lose its appeal once fans tire of it. Recall that otaku once ate up the Love Hina anime (which spammed tsuntsun violence and Keitaro's accidental perversion in equally excessive fashions). When the fad got old, the series was declared shit and the antics obnoxiously overdone.

Quote:
Bee Train prob knew this would happen from the start.
It's just a job for them. They don't risk their money and this isn't one of Mashimo's original creations. Mind you, a successful run might increase their chances of getting future work.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 12:49   Link #1035
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

We'll see it soon, but I thought I'd mention that I just read Takagaki Ayahi's blog post for today (she plays Elen/Ein), and she says that today's episode will have a new OP and ED. She has seen the OP and loves it. She describes this episode as the start of part three of the anime.

Here's the image she posted with her blog post:

By the way, most of the post was Ayahime gushing over a great game in the Koushien high-school baseball tournament. I guess she's a fan. She congratulated the teams, and the cheerleaders.

You know, as far as the anime market is concerned, I wonder if the shrinking number of kids in Japan has had an effect. Maybe that's why the market for shows without fanservice has shrunk. The producers have found that fanservicey shows are the ones that sell, so they are producing more and more of them. In Japan, the general public certainly thinks of anime as for kids. Shows like this that have only a hint of fanservice and are not really aimed at kids simply fall between two stools and have no audience, perhaps.

EDIT: I've seen the OP and ED and much prefer the ED, on first hearing. Of course, I prefer KOKIA and Nanase Hikaru to Ali Project any day.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-08-13 at 14:31.
Old 2009-08-13, 12:55   Link #1036
Weils

Ep. 20:

Spoiler for spoilers:
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 14:02   Link #1037
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Ep. 20:

Spoiler for spoilers:
My fears about Cal look like they are coming true. Once SM has gotten a hold of her what remained of her human side will be washed away. Of course he is going to pit her against his former creations. As long as Cal does not fall too far there may be a chance to bring her back. However it depends on how far she has fallen and if she wants to come back. Once she pulls the trigger it will be harder and Reiji may have to make a tough choice if he faces her.
Old 2009-08-13, 15:29   Link #1038
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep20:
Old 2009-08-13, 15:43   Link #1039
g1alpha

Spoiler for ep 20:
Old 2009-08-13, 15:53   Link #1040
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1alpha View Post
Spoiler for ep 20: