AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-11-21, 22:37   Link #81
Lelouch Tatsumi

Send a message via AIM to Lelouch Tatsumi Send a message via MSN to Lelouch Tatsumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Ah, but then we encounter the problem of whether or not the manga chapter is actually canon or not, and if it is, whether the subsequent film is actually connected to the chapter (i.e. the manga chapter could be canon, but that doesn't make the film canon)....
The way I heard it is that the movie isn't canon but, the chapter material is.
Lelouch Tatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 11:25   Link #82
marvelB

^Yeah, that's the impression I have, as well. Oda already confirmed that Shiki exists in the manga canon when Sengoku mentioned him being the first person in history to escape from Impel Down. Furthermore, Oda even said in a recent SBS that he was originally going to have Shanks mention Shiki during his conversation with Whitebeard back in chapter 434, but changed his mind at the last minute.....

Anyway, since I'm pretty sure that chapter 0 will tie in with the manga in a pretty significant way, I've decided to make a separate thread for it when it comes out this week (thanks for the suggestion, james0246! ). You folks can use that thread to debate Shiki's strength to your heart's content.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 10:24   Link #83
SMASHERJACKSON

ch 0 spoiler

Spoiler:
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 21:33   Link #84
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Full version of "Fanfare", main theme song of the movie performed by Mr. Children.

Awesomeness no?
Old 2009-11-25, 17:33   Link #85
marvelB

So... Greg at APforums confirmed not only Shiki's DF power (Fuwa Fuwa no Mi, aka float-float fruit), but the final attack that Luffy uses against Shiki, as well. Are you ready for it....?

Spoiler:

Hmm, that must be one hell of an epic finisher, then. Still, so far it looks like we pretty much have confirmation that chapter/volume 0 are canon to the manga, but movie 10 will not be. It's still a shame that it'll probably be a good while before most of us will be able to see the movie ourselves.....
Old 2009-11-26, 16:38   Link #86
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still, so far it looks like we pretty much have confirmation that chapter/volume 0 are canon to the manga, but movie 10 will not be.
What does this even mean? Oda went to such lengths to set up a plot, a chapter and new character designs for this and people are still saying the movie is not canon?? Its downright bizzare.

Also that song is ok i guess, Only the chorus really sounds out plus its too long.

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2009-11-26 at 16:51.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 17:18   Link #87
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
What does this even mean? Oda went to such lengths to set up a plot, a chapter and new character designs for this and people are still saying the movie is not canon?? Its downright bizzare.

Also that song is ok i guess, Only the chorus really sounds out plus its too long.
It just means that if you miss this movie and you are manga viewer you wont really notice any diffrence. You just miss excellent and entertaining story and you have more limited view of One Piece world and its charecters...

Some posters here have attidute ''If its not canon then its worthless''.

I would think that kind of attidute would be justivable if it would consider previous movies that Oda had nothing to do with them.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 19:06   Link #88
Rainbowman

I have here in this spoiler tag, info from Anime News Network on the 56th volume of One Piece. The info being bolded is news involving Movie 10.

Spoiler for the info:
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 11:19   Link #89
wisteria233

The movie 10 project is really big, they've got an entire chapter dedicated to it, plus an anime special, and they've even got Oda writing the script. This is truly an anniversary movie.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 22:03   Link #90
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
In the manga's 13th year, he would like to say that he is 9/10ths of the way towards the end, but he acknowledged that he is only halfway there.
I hope Odas not getting tired of One Piece
Old 2009-12-04, 04:51   Link #91
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Spoiler for Spoilers about Strong World prologue/prequels:
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 20:56   Link #92
RPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers about Strong World prologue/prequels:
It seems to me that all signs point to this being canon, the only kink in this has to do with when the events take place.
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 18:47   Link #93
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I hope Odas not getting tired of One Piece
that would take the fun out of one piece for me
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 20:06   Link #94
RPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
that would take the fun out of one piece for me
I always get a feeling that Oda still holds lot of passion for the manga.
Old 2009-12-12, 23:17   Link #95
marvelB

Yep, Oda's said several times throughout the years that he's still passionate about his work, so I believe it's safe to say that he won't be retiring anytime soon.

Anyway, Greg at AP forums gave a pretty detailed review of the movie. It definitely sounds like great stuff. Shiki looks to be just as badass as he was in chapter 0 and Dr. Indigo is turning out to be one of my favorite characters as well, judging from how Greg described him (he actually makes farting sounds when he walks! ). Anyways, as for what Shiki's grand plans are (big spoilers ahead):

Spoiler:

Also, about the whole deal with Nami leaving the crew (again, pretty big spoilers ahead):

Spoiler:

The movie sounds awesome from what I've learned of it so far. Even if I spoiled myself on the plot, I'd still like to check it out once it becomes available for us foreigners to watch......
Old 2009-12-12, 23:26   Link #96
RPNS

DAMN I wish I was back in Japan Damn my responsabilities ;(
Old 2009-12-12, 23:40   Link #97
Rainbowman

So, how long will it be before we see that movie on youtube.com?
Old 2009-12-13, 00:16   Link #98
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I don't think we'll be seeing anything from the movie on the net till it gets its DVD release.

It's illegal to distibute movies online, and it's even riskier to do so if you're secretly recording one in a public theater. (Not to mention the horrible visual and audio qualities.)

So I'd say about half a year before we can get a proper raw and online English subbed version of the movie.
Old 2009-12-13, 01:57   Link #99
Rainbowman

^Well that felt like I just lost one of my lives within the original Donkey Kong game.
Old 2009-12-13, 02:08   Link #100
james0246

So...how exactly does this fit into canon...or does it even fit into canon?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote