AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 10:42   Link #21
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think Thomas was already dead by then.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 10:51   Link #22
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think Thomas was already dead by then.
The problem here is, I guess, that you think he was already dead by then. Eren might've thought that Thomas is still alive inside the stomache of that titan and that's why he rushed to kill it.
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 17:49   Link #23
Ledgem
Love Yourself

The flashbacks in episode 6 increase my respect for Eren's character. Flaws aside, I respected his courage and drive before, but he came across as a bit "average" in the first five or so episodes. He talked big but couldn't really back it up, particularly compared with Mikasa. It was shockingly delightful to see what he was capable of doing as a child - not that it was particularly skillful, but wow, he was courageous and had strong views of the world even then.
Old 2013-05-12, 23:58   Link #24
Iron Maw
Banned

I agree, and frankly it would have absolutely horrible if those guys had gotten away Mikasa. It may not have been the most moral or smartest way, but it most logical if Mikasa had real chance at being saved. This episode showed Eren isn't merely hotblooded, but rather that he has pretty strong moral code and backbone to do what's necessary.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:38   Link #25
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Is it hinted on the manga that Eren overheard to slave trader was going to do Mikasa ??? I know this a fantasy setting with different set norms [ I have no pity on those thugs they reap what the sow] it seems Eren as child is too methodical in way he killed those thugs or was driven rage? probably ..... waiting to see more of his past to be shown
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 08:31   Link #26
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Different times, different world, different mentality and different mindsets.

Notice how the father is only worried about his safety rather than the fact that he and Mikasa killed 3 people and that Eren considers those people nothing but beasts that should have been put down.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 18:25   Link #27
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I was talking with TinyRedLeaf about this and he had a very different take on the events in episode 6 that I thought were really interesting. He looked at it from a more realistic point of view:
Spoiler for Events in episode 6:

Looking at it that way, Eren is dangerously judgmental, reckless, and exhibited psychopathic behavior. Granted, the series isn't trying to come off as overly realistic and these events were clearly something to give the audience reason to cheer and feel that justice was served. It's an interesting take on it nonetheless.

(TinyRedLeaf, I didn't see you in this thread, but if you come in and want to share your thoughts, sorry if I stole your thunder! I thought it was too interesting to keep between us.)
Old 2013-05-13, 18:33   Link #28
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2013-05-13, 18:46   Link #29
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Well, this is "fairy tale liberties" that are being taken.

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Hence it all feels very justified, or at least, I certainly felt very satisfied in the notion that justice was served. Yet if you think about it realistically, and consider the things that Eren knew and didn't know at that moment, combined with his age and his definitive actions? It's a bit disturbing.

Granted, it's necessary to suspend some beliefs and knowledge of reality in order to fully enjoy these shows. I certainly do when I watch them, as much as I can. Either way, it was an interesting take on the events of this episode.
Old 2013-05-13, 18:55   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There are a bit too much circumstancial evidence on this part to be frank

Spoiler for episode 6:

From what it is worth, I frankly think that the assumption required for Eren to make such conclusion doesn't need that much of suspension of disbelief, contrary to the idea that "these persons are there by chance and are unrelated to the incident that happened moments ago".
Old 2013-05-13, 19:31   Link #31
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Hence it all feels very justified, or at least, I certainly felt very satisfied in the notion that justice was served.
I agree even thought I think Eren never thought about justice it self, he only do what he thing right and without think far ahead of the consequence, he will beat/kill/destroy anything that do something that in his judgement is wrong.
Old 2013-05-13, 20:40   Link #32
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Hence it all feels very justified, or at least, I certainly felt very satisfied in the notion that justice was served. Yet if you think about it realistically, and consider the things that Eren knew and didn't know at that moment, combined with his age and his definitive actions? It's a bit disturbing.

Granted, it's necessary to suspend some beliefs and knowledge of reality in order to fully enjoy these shows. I certainly do when I watch them, as much as I can. Either way, it was an interesting take on the events of this episode.
A rescuer would not leave the victim tied up on the floor. Pretty obvious they were the kidnappers. Besides. Mikasa is 1/2 Asian so she looks like her mother. Eren saw the mother before.
Old 2013-05-13, 20:41   Link #33
Seitsuki
Onee!

Why are people talking about this event in light of as if it happened in our 21st century world or something? Their world is not a nice place. What we take for granted doesn't apply there. For all we know, if Eren had taken the 'logical' step of simply tailing them then by the time they're in the city and the MP arrives then they'll be shielded by some rich pervert and we've seen how much influence the upper class has. Was it reckless? Sure. Was it 'omg he needs a psychiatrist' worthy? Let's admit it, in this world you're either a wolf or a sheep and no one likes to watch a story about sheep.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:45   Link #34
p-kun

Quote:

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Given that Eren had a lot of time to prepare his approach, locate two knives and tie one to a broom and what not, it was very likely that he also overheard the kidnapper's conversations and made a conclusion.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 17:24   Link #35
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Spoiler for eren:
:'(
Old 2013-05-16, 17:48   Link #36
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Spoiler for eren:
You should use the Attack on Titan - Q & A thread for such questions.

Spoiler for Where to find the answer to "if Eren is death or not":

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-05-16 at 18:21.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:50   Link #37
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Spoiler for eren:
Maybe hard to hear out from the intro but the 2nd sentence as well as some other parts have the word 'Jäger' in them pretty often.
Considering the role he took until he got gulped down and how his name is sung in the intro several times I doubt that he was just there for making Mikasa further remove her limiters.
Oh and ae is the same as ä in german. At least in the word/Name Jäger.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 19:24   Link #38
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claym0re View Post
Fun fact. We haven't seen a single titan taken out by anyone else but Mikasa.
Another fact, In spite in the opening we see Eren kill a Titan, he died never did one without 3DMG. . .

Last edited by n120cky; 2013-05-25 at 22:53. Reason: He did kill many without 3DMG
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 07:12   Link #39
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

What is Erens official surname? Yäger? Jäger?

I read somewhere that it is supposed to be "Yeager", but that does not sound German at all... actually THAT sounds more... English -.-

Most fitting IMO would be "Jäger"... hell, I had a German teacher with that surname xD
Old 2013-06-17, 07:49   Link #40
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Kodansha USA is using "Yeager" as the official spelling of Eren's surname. But nobody thinks it's a valid transliteration.

Jäger and Jaeger are the most widely accepted.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters