AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-12, 11:58   Link #1
Almighty
-=GIF Sennin=-

How much anime you have?

The purpose of this thread is to discuss how much anime you have all together. That may include anime DVD's, anime on your harddrive, or anime that you have burnt to CD/DVD writeables. Right now here is my current list:

104 Anime DVD's (all the Kenshin and NGE series)

360GB's on my Harddrives

About 8 burnt series or movies on DVD-R

So Im curious to find out how obsessed everyone else is when it comes to anime. I know I have way more than I can watch but slowly and surely I will eventually watch all that I have.
Old 2004-04-12, 12:26   Link #2
Black Jaggan
Killing Intent

Dvd > Kenshin OVA + eps 1-10
Burned > Saiyuki Reload 1-7, Saiyuki Requiem, Getbackers 1-7, Naruto 1-30
Harddrive > Saiyuki Reload 8-12, Naruto 78, H x H 15-25, Full Metal Alchemist 1-3
VHS > Princess Mononoke (german version incl. all annoying commercials)

I'm not burning anymore and I remove every ep i've seen from my hardrive, due to my family's complaining about the slowness of our comp(couldn't convince them that it isn't my files doing that), so my collection isn't really increasing.

Last edited by Black Jaggan; 2004-04-12 at 12:38.
Old 2004-04-12, 12:34   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

A recent count, about two months ago, gave me totals close to these (+/-10):

Region 2 DVDs: +125 individual DVDs

Region 1 DVDs: +650 individual DVDs

VHS: ... honestly, fansubs and commercial tapes combined, more than enough to stock a small video store. (ie: All of UY on fansubs[2 episodes per tape] & AnimEigo VHS [2/3 episodes per tape] ... plus many, many more)

HDD: A few fansubs and a couple raws... maybe 10 at most.
Old 2004-04-12, 12:45   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Good gauds!! If I listed all the anime and manga I have, I'd be here all day and it would look like a listing for the library of congress. Let's just say I've got about a dozen to two dozen boxes of anime and manga in storage and another 3 bookcases full in the house. So yeah, I own a lot of anime.

It's one of those costly addictions that you love. hehe.
Old 2004-04-12, 12:53   Link #5
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Good gauds!! If I listed all the anime and manga I have, I'd be here all day and it would look like a listing for the library of congress. Let's just say I've got about a dozen to two dozen boxes of anime and manga in storage and another 3 bookcases full in the house. So yeah, I own a lot of anime.

It's one of those costly addictions that you love. hehe.
I fully understand.

I keep about 80% of my VHS tapes in storage at all times. I rent a 6' x 6' x 8' (wxlxh) storage locker that is full of anime, manga and a couple boxes I can't remember the contents of...

The only problem with collecting alot of anime is finding the time to watch it all.
That and buying the DVD versions to replace degrading VHS tapes. >.>
Old 2004-04-12, 13:36   Link #6
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
about 60 gig downloaded, i think i should buy some once, i just have to travel some distance to be able to, maybe i'm buying chihiro's voyage though, it was good and is very available
Old 2004-04-12, 13:37   Link #7
Black Jaggan
Killing Intent

I would have a lot more, if they would sell it around here. But here, it's even hard enough to get a famous series like Kenshin on dvd. I mean, I bought vol 1 and 2, but now I can't find volume 3. And importing will cost me dearly, cause I'll have to get it from France....40 euro for 4 eps? Didn't think so.....

Ah, yes...also found some vhs with random eps of Gundam Wing, Beyblade and DBZ.....*sigh*......lying between my Winnie the Pooh collection....*totally embarresed*
Old 2004-04-12, 16:28   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Not only is this a "What type are you" thread, but it is even a new version of an old "What type are you" thread that has already been closed in the past. If you had properly searched you would have discovered that the thread was already created (and already closed), so I am going to have to book you a charge of not searching as well as creating a pointless thread. That's two black marks on your permanenet record.

Please see the 12th Commandment of the Sacred Forum Rules for details of what a "What type are you" thread is.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread