AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-22, 08:22   Link #161
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
When I said that Zero was a weakling, I meant that he was physically weaker than the night class vampire's. He sensed Shizuka, because he was supposed to be the stronger twin (Poor Ichiru). When Zero pointed the Vampire gun (Bloody Rose) at Kaname, the night class vampire's got defensive. They could have taken him down easily before. Now, Zero is much stronger thanks to all the pureblood blood in his body. All I am saying is that Zero may be strong, but he hates the fact that it is because of vampire blood, rather than his own achievement.
Not really true. We never shown that he's in anyway weaker than the Night class students. He was able to make Kain look like a fool when he tried to place a hand on him and was not afraid even though they outnumbered him by a lot. The time I'm talking about him sensing Shizuka was when she attacked his house. He was the first to notice even before his parents, who were considered elite vampire hunters. Also I never seen any indication that Zero has any qualms with how he achieved his power. Yes, he doesn't like being a Vampire but this has nothing to do with power but in fact the very nature of vampires(blood sucking), his fear and worry of going insane of killing people, and his hatred for what happened to his family. Your assumptions aren't really based on solid facts.

Quote:
One thing that I do not understand is, why does Zero have to kill Yuki? She may be a vampire now, but she was always there for him, even giving her own blood to him. She is an innocent bystander in Kaname's game, who helped a human like Zero. Even though she said, that the old Yuki was gone, she still cares for Zero. She will always run from him, so that Zero can have a reason to live. Zero says he will eventually kill her, but why? There a a whole bunch of purebloods that he could kill. Plus, it's like a disease to drink blood. Zero himself suffered from this, but he still want's to kill pureblood's, just because they turn others into vampire's. Zero should leave the path of Vampire Hunting, and acknowledge being a vampire himself. He would only destroy himself, if he ever killed Yuki, even though she is a pureblood.
Well I honestly don't think Zero will kill her but he wanted to push her away. Zero has always been like that. When he she was human he was worried that he end up killing her and now that they're incapable for each other. She'll live an eternity and him just a fraction of that time. Also accepting her would be akin to accepting Kaname and the rest of the purebloods. I think he truly hates Kaname and in the end I don't think they'll ever be anything more than enemies. They're just too different at their cores.

One of the main reason I like Zero is because he doesn't accept being a vampire. Would you accept being turned into a rat? Having to eat garbage and crawl around sewers? Or would you deny that existence a chose to live as a human or how you wanted to? Everyone is different. Some would accept being a vampire easily while some it will be much harder and others will never accept it. Would he happier if he could accept it? Probably, but you can't to force a square into a hole made for a circle. Zero doesn't even truly seek happiness anymore. He wants to stop what happened to him from happening again. Zero has always been a selfless person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
I like the two characters Zero, and Kaname against each other. The reason why I root for Zero, is because, he is a guy, that a lot of us guys can relate to. The loner, who feels dumbed down by everyone else. The guy who does not want your help, but needs it anyways. The guy who is in pain, and yet cannot reveal it to others. Zero is a bit extreme though, as he is arrogant towards others, to the point of hurting himself later on.
Well I agree he's more relatable, especially more so than Kaname who I truly could never relate to, I don't agree with the reasons. Zero is a lot more strong willed than people give him credit for. When Kaname mentions that his vampire blood should be telling him to obey and fear him but Zero defies him instead. That I can relate to. Like Zero, I prefer to die on my feet than live on my knees. He also one of the most tragic of victims because he did nothing to the people who caused him pain. The only one he did anything to was Yuki who he said could kill him anytime she wanted to. Zero hatred and distrust of Vampire is also understandable. I wouldn't trust them in Zero shoes and I'd hate probably more as I'm not a kindhearted as he is.
Old 2009-06-22, 21:06   Link #162
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
True. Zero was strong from before, but he became much stronger after he had the three purebloods blood in him. The thing about Zero is we never knew if he was stronger than the night class vampire. However, he certainly did not hesitate to go against them by pointing a gun on their face, even though he could have been defeated by Kaname. That's what I like about him; his bravery.

Zero did hate having to be a vampire, but that is the part of life that he cannot change. Better to be a vampire, than a level-e. I agree with you that he is selfless as much as he can be, but he is also arrogant. His main concern is vampire's, and he tries to protect Yuki from it as much as he can. However, he buries his feeling's inside him.

I like your analogy, "Like Zero, I prefer to die on my feet than live on my knees". However, that does not change the fact that he is a vampire. It only show's that he is what he is, but he will still go against what he believes is wrong.

I don't think Zero will kill Yuki either, as Zero did not let Yagari kill him, when he was in the verge of turning into a level-e. He did try to kill Shizuka, but could not do it.

Zero's tragedy added, when Ichiru died, and he killed Rido to protect Yuki. He is a true vampire hunter, and he put's his job, before his own needs. Zero lost a lot, including Yuki at the end. Unlike Kaname, he has no one to go home with. Hope that he joins Yagari in some journey of self discovery.

I am sorry if my arguments are not based on fact's. The truth is I did not read the manga, and watched the anime a while ago. I do however noticed that in the anime Zero was given more screen time in the beginning, which made me think that Kaname was the villain. I read in this forum, that it's different in the manga.
Old 2009-06-24, 06:26   Link #163
KimmyChan

I like the fact that Zero turns from a human into a vampire...What a scary process that must be
Old 2009-08-06, 23:59   Link #164
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

The more I read/watch, the more I prefer Zero (to Kaname).
Zero is such a strong character whom many of us can identify with.

Kaname is a bit scary and sarcastic.

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2009-09-26 at 13:50.
Old 2009-08-12, 09:04   Link #165
equinox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
The more I read/watch, the more I prefer Zero (to Kaname).
Zero is such a strong character.
Kaname is a bit scary and sarcastic.
think so, too... i bet kaname is planning smth right now oO i mean it was kinda strange that he accepted yuki being in love with zero..
the kaname i've known for 50 chapters would never accept such a thing.. rather would he kill zero or whatever
when he said in the latest chapter that he would kill yuki if she should leave him or that she should kill him instead i got sure that he's planning smth!!!
poor zero... first he has to suffer because he has lost his love and then has probably to deal with kaname although he did nothing
Old 2009-09-08, 17:49   Link #166
ZeroLover68

Wait, everyone's talking about Zero hating vampires. I know he does, but isnt he also a vampire? That's what I thought . . .
Old 2009-09-28, 08:37   Link #167
legend14
keep up the faith ♥

i'm addicted to zero ,, he's just so cool and Mysterious ❤ u never expect what

he'll do and I love that about him ❤

Forza Zero

thx
Old 2009-09-28, 23:01   Link #168
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Come and vote: lots of poll questions here: http://www.fanpop.com/spots/vampire-knight/picks

I want you to vote on this: Vote, please : http://www.fanpop.com/spots/vampire-knight/picks/show/307051/when-zero-drank-yuukis-blood-asked-how-blood-tasted-zero-became-upset-why-want-know-think-blood-told

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2009-10-01 at 23:48.
Old 2009-10-16, 22:31   Link #169
HollowScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
OK, don't shoot me, people;
Doesn't Zero Kiryuu bear a lot of similarities to Light Yagami from DEATH NOTE?
They both have strong personalities and a lot of internal struggles going on, complex characters!
Ah, same voice actor, too! :O

PS: In my signature, there's a link to Zero Kiryu fan club on FB
Zero may look similar, and have that lanky appearance, but Light had the intelligence which Zero lacks. Light Yagami actually went to change the world, even though he became a lunatic, while Zero Kiryuu was more protective towards his loved ones or Yukii Cross, for whom he went to great lengths. Light would have rarely care about others, but his cause. He was using everyone, and anyone that he could.
Old 2009-10-16, 22:34   Link #170
HollowScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend14 View Post
i'm addicted to zero ,, he's just so cool and Mysterious ❤ u never expect what

he'll do and I love that about him ❤

Forza Zero

thx
Here in Canada, people like Zero don't get much attention. He may be mysterious, but he barely reveals his ideals, or thoughts. Also, he is skinny. He may be good looking, but he will probably be ignored if he were a student in Canada. Kind of like the guy no one notices.
Old 2009-10-18, 20:58   Link #171
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

I would notice him that for sure~

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2009-10-24, 00:12   Link #172
HollowScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
I would notice him that for sure~
That is one of the dreamy aspects of anime I am in love with. The whole idea of a fairy tale possibility, but with twists and turns.
Old 2009-10-30, 02:29   Link #173
chipi

zero is cute and brave but he's a little naughty ...
Old 2009-10-30, 13:34   Link #174
hobbitheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipi View Post
zero is cute and brave but he's a little naughty ...
Teehee
All too true!
Old 2009-11-22, 21:39   Link #175
woodyfly

Zero is one of those characters that will do anything that he believes is "right". He will suffer and sacrifice himself for others and for his belief.

The problem with these characters is that... they never get anything in return! It pisses me off! They fight so hard and suffer so much, yet at the end they usually die in some painful sucky death.

This is what happens to characters like Zero. Can he atleast get laid!?
Old 2009-12-04, 00:14   Link #176
HollowScar

Well, Zero is quite intriguing. He may have Avoidant Personality Disorder, which I have. This may be one reason, why he is so distant. This disorder might have developed at an early age, when his parents died. What else could he have looked up to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidan...ality_disorder

He most likely does not have it, but there are still some criteria that fit the bill.
Old 2009-12-05, 23:42   Link #177
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfly View Post
This is what happens to characters like Zero. Can he atleast get laid!?
Never! He needs to suffer more!
Well maybe a bittersweet ending will work out for him.
Just don't expect it to be all sunshine & butterflies now lol.

@HollowScar: Interesting read

Last edited by Starry Dust; 2009-12-06 at 00:02.
Old 2009-12-06, 05:24   Link #178
HollowScar

The problem with Zero is that he suffered so much, that now there is not much hope for him. He may outlive the glamorous Kuran 's, due to their sinister lives, but his life will be empty, and very few will ever impact him. So far, only Yuki has done that. He will most likely try to kill them, and that's it. Until then, he will be an empty shell, full of negativity, trailing Vampire's. In my opinion, Zero suffered the most in every way, including the curse of the twins, as he is the only one that outlives all his family, and lost his only caring friend to an enemy. To top that all of, his caring friend (Yuki), was also a pureblood from the beginning. Zero = Pain and Suffering.
Old 2009-12-13, 08:24   Link #179
PSDOL

Talking

i love zero , and i agree that he suffered alot and still suffering , zero never can find peace in his life , and that what i love of him even thought he lost everything he has a strong will and keeps on going . that what makes zero stronger so far from all he is a strong will he always was , yea we know too reasons can be yuuki and his hatred but still zero never gives up on nothing og and his kind hearted thats a other thing i love him for , like hino described him the HIDDEN KINDNESS which i agree

but there is a thing about the hatred thing is it the most purebloods his hatred ? i mean zero was not that much of ahatred towards vampires mostly i see him is for purebloods why due its because of them he lost his happiness , plus zero is a vampire and he is accepting it we so capter 51 when he saved the little girl he told her he is a scary vampire so mostly zero's hatred is more for purebloods and pity for level e's.
Old 2009-12-15, 08:18   Link #180
myKIRYUU

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol I actually like Suzaku more now than I did at the start, especially once he stopped doing his best impersonation of Kira Yamato. I don't think you have to worry about Zero doing a Suzaku though..
on what anime does suzaku is in? i'm not familiar with her/him?
Closed Thread