AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2014-08-07, 15:56   Link #21
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Amazon Japan is not the best solution to buy light novels from (actually the worst option out there).
I beg to differ. As long as you group your order and buy sets rather than one by one for series, Amazon is extremely fast delivery, with no additional cost after ordering (tax is already paid, and no additional cost at the moment of delivery from the transporter as they use DHL, and no additional charges due to weight after validating either) for a rather cheap additional cost.
Amazon charges the exact same amount of money for an item, no matter how much books/how heavy is that item. Meaning, if your "item" is a 15 or even 20 book series, you'll pay around 420 yen (3€) as shipping price for that item... Which is around 0,15-0,30€/ book for this series. Even if individual books are obviously not as cheap in the end, as long as your order is a mix of set and individual books (even sets of 5-10 books still make for 0.3€ to 0.6€ per book for that series, considering I live in the other side of the world, this IS cheap), the average shipping cost by volume is still pretty low.
Most probably not the best option, but as long as you know what you're doing (and as long as you don't only order one volume LN), at least for Europe, amazon.co.jp is a pretty decent option to order light novel from.
Old 2014-08-07, 18:47   Link #22
gunner56

I prefer to read physical copies whenever possible. I have all Kieli Volumes 1-9. Spice & Wolf Volume 1-10. Faust Volume 1 (more of an anthology). Two volumes of Haruhi Suzumiya (forgot which ones). For translated projects, I use BakaReader EX on my smartphone with black background and white text. It'somewhat easier to read for my eyes. When PDFs and ePub etc. with the same monochromatic design are available, I store them on my phone for easy accessibility (Ark, Kill No More, Mushoku Tensei). If not available, then I make my own PDFs. For Google Drive translated projects, again, I use my phone's Google Drive app (Re:Monster, Arifureta, EC, and more). But, recently, I've been getting into editing updated projects and reading them at the same time on my laptop (just gotta zoom in to 150%). Depending on the series, I'll sometimes wait for a volume to be translated then read it in one sitting, e.g., Mondaiji and High School DxD. But for series that take almost weeks, if not months, to update, I'll read them as soon as they update, e.g., No Game No Life and Fate/Apocrypha.
gunner56 is offline   Reply With Quote