Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-13, 13:22   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Mekaku City Actors

Spoiler for Main cast:

Original creator : Jin (Shizen no Teki-P)
Plot summary : The story focuses on a boy named Hibiya who lost his girlfriend Hiyori to a traffic accident. His desire to save her sets him on a looping day where he gets the opportunity to try and save his girlfriend again and again without success. After innumerable attempts, Hibiya makes the decision to save Hiyori at the cost of his life, and ends up getting killed in the accident instead. The girl is saved... but now she's the one who's performing the looping day in order to save him...

Note : Jin garnered a fan following with Kagerō (Heat Mirage) Project music videos performed by virtual Vocaloid voices and posted on the niconico (formerly Nico Nico Douga) streaming service, such as "Kagerō Days" and "Children Record". The Kagerō Project already has novel and manga adaptations under the name of one of the songs, "Kagerō Days." They are set in August, when the air is alive with the buzzing of cicada and the shimmering of heat mirages. An "incident" in a certain town is seen through the eyes of different people.

Mod Edit:

To go to the Mekaku City /Kagerou Project music videos go here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125533

To go to the Mekaku City novel/ manga Kagerou Days go here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121821
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by Flower; 2014-04-20 at 17:48.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 13:29   Link #2
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Interesting art. Is this an original anime project or an actual adaptation based off the manga and light novel media? Looks cool though.
Old 2012-08-13, 13:45   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Interesting art. Is this an original anime project or an actual adaptation based off the manga and light novel media? Looks cool though.
Just like Black Rock Shooter, the show itself is actually based on a series of music videos created by Vocaloid fans that were uploaded mostly on Nico Nico Douga.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-08-13, 13:48   Link #4
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Wait... "incident"? Kagerou Days?

They can't possibly be thinking of adapting THIS into the story of the anime won't they?

Spoiler for Summary/Interpretation:

... damn, my heart nearly couldn't take the story for that one, too heartbreaking. Seeing an anime version would be overkill

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 14:07   Link #5
Bila
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Wait... "incident"? Kagerou Days?

They can't possibly be thinking of adapting THIS into the story of the anime won't they?

Spoiler for Summary:

... damn, my heart nearly couldn't take the story for that one, too heartbreaking. Seeing an anime version would be overkill
They will probably adapt Kagerou Series, which is a series of songs created by Jin.
But Kagerou Days is a part of the series.
So, yes, Kagerou Days will be adapted. I think

Spoiler for Songs:
Old 2012-08-13, 14:14   Link #6
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Really cool. This has really peeked my interests, I'm definitely going to watch this and see where this goes. As a vocaloid fan I'm sure this will be handled well depending on who picks this up.

Quote:
Just like Black Rock Shooter, the show itself is actually based on a series of music videos created by Vocaloid fans that were uploaded mostly on Nico Nico Douga.
I see, got it, thanks Misaofan. Black Rock Shooter was a..., really?! Wow, you really do learn new things everyday.
Old 2012-08-13, 14:48   Link #7
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Black Rock Shooter was a..., really?! Wow, you really do learn new things everyday.
BRS is originally created by huke and the only relationship with vocaloid is that supercell did a song using Miku,but that's it.
Old 2012-08-13, 15:00   Link #8
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
BRS is originally created by huke and the only relationship with vocaloid is that supercell did a song using Miku,but that's it.
Still a very important relationship since the song+PV was what made BRS so popular in the first place.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of anime this'll be. I listened to Kagerou Days a while back and loved it, but never thought it would spawn so many derivative works. Now to check out all the other songs in the project... (although some of them don't seem to have as clear of a "story" as Kagerou Days does?)
Shiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 15:17   Link #9
saurers123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post

Original creator : Jin (Shizen no Teki-P)
Plot summary : The story focuses on a boy named Shintarō who lost his girlfriend Ayano to a traffic accident. His desire to save her sets him on a looping day where he gets the opportunity to try and save his girlfriend again and again without success. After innumerable attempts, Shintarō makes the decision to save Ayano at the cost of his life, and ends up getting killed in the accident instead. The girl is saved... but now she's the one who's performing the looping day in order to save him...
Ummm......It's Hibiya(boy) and Hiyori(girl) in the traffic accident. Shintaro is the main protagonist of the story though...
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 17:33   Link #10
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

A little error in the discription, Hiyori is the one who is dying on purpose first to to save Hibiya.
But Hibiya, unknowing of this fact, is trying to prevent Hiyori from dying.

BTW, the first volume novel of this is out. And from the way volume one ended, "Konoha no Sekai Jijou" might be the central pole of the novel.

Also, the Kagerou Days PV posted up there is not the original, but a fan interpretation.
Original is this one: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15751190
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 19:09   Link #11
Meepy
stupid & obvious

/logs on for this pffft.

Actually? Wow.
I mean, I was just wondering if Kagerou Project would ever get an anime some day. . . Surprised; will most certainly check it out even though I'm not a huge fan of Jin's songs (took forever for Kagerou Days to grow on me, only kind of like Mousou Forest of his other songs, still need to check out his latest lol).

Besides that, I thought Kagerou Project was about much more than just the characters/story featured in Kagerou Days?
I'm not sure, though, I never really looked anything up despite being curious about the light novel. I heard somethings secondhand.

Well, I suppose now would be a good time to listen to his mylist again.
Meepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 00:59   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Wait...THIS is getting animated? Interesting...
Old 2012-08-14, 01:06   Link #13
leokiko

The premise is extremely interesting, I will keep an eye out for this.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 02:21   Link #14
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Woo hoo!!!! I never actually expected the day to come. Manga and a light novel were surprising enough, but wow.

I'll be excitedly waiting the animation of imagination forest.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 08:23   Link #15
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Kagerou Project is itself a wierd series of songs for me. I mean...

...for once how did Hibiya and Hiyori avert the loop? Did the Actor end it? When does Kisaragi Attention, Artificial Enemy, and Imagination Forest occur?

A good anime would be a nice treat indeed.

...and now the question is When?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 07:51   Link #16
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW, this isn't Fall season anime right?
Old 2012-09-08, 08:18   Link #17
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
BTW, this isn't Fall season anime right?
Nope. I wish it will air on noitaminA to replace Psycho-Pass but I'm not sure.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-09-08, 08:27   Link #18
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Extremely interesting and unlike BRS (the video), there's a concrete plot setup here that if utilized properly, can create lots of opportunities. Definitely pumped up for this (whenever it airs).
Old 2012-09-08, 08:40   Link #19
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think the most epic Vocaloid-related song compilation that should be adapted would be the Seven Deadly Sins series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 01:19   Link #20
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think the most epic Vocaloid-related song compilation that should be adapted would be the Seven Deadly Sins series.
You're not trying to screw our heads, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Nope. I wish it will air on noitaminA to replace Psycho-Pass but I'm not sure.
*cross fingers* I hope we'll be seeing it in Winter / Spring.

Speaking of stuff, translated versions of the Kagerou Days Manga (chap 1 - 3) is circulating in the net.... and apparently, the arrangement of it is going to be...

1. Artificial Enemy
2. Kisaragi Attention
3. Blindfold Code
--Speculation Line :: beyond this is mere speculation--
4. Imagination Forest
5. Kagerou Days
6. Konoha's State of the World
7. Headphone Actor (could be #5 though)

8. (Conclusion?)

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2012-09-30 at 08:44.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft