AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-24, 10:54   Link #41
Cinnamon

Got the Kindle version myself so I'm missing out on those side stories. How was the Bookwalker SS?
Old 2018-05-24, 10:58   Link #42
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Izumi beating the hell out of Nakamura thanks to Tomozaki's training.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 12:21   Link #43
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Izumi beating the hell out of Nakamura thanks to Tomozaki's training.
Ouch, his pride takes another dive then
Old 2018-05-25, 08:20   Link #44
Rinvelt
駄目人間

So, in a few words: I hate every person who will be able to read everything in one go once the series will be finished.

The cliff isn't really a cliff, but damn it makes you want to read the next volume.
Anyway, really good, as usual.
Kikuchi-san is still a dangerous weapon who melts my heart each time she speaks (and Tomozaki's description of her every movements in a holy and fantasy way doesn't help)
Mizusawa is still so cool, like Tomozaki said, if I was a girl I would fall so easily.
Mimimi becomes even more endearing, but my (melted) heart is still with Kikuchi-san.

Now I need to jump from a roof, hope I'll fall into coma and wake up in a few years.

Last edited by Rinvelt; 2018-05-26 at 22:43.
Old 2018-05-26, 21:50   Link #45
Cinnamon

I know. It's so good I somehow wish I found it later so I don't have to wait haha. One of my absolute favorite series though so missing the hype before each volume would be a bit sad too.
Old 2018-05-27, 02:43   Link #46
learning2tl

As for me, taking it slowwwly and savoring that goodness. Just finished Chapter 2, which I think is a good high note to stop at for now.

As a side-effect of having had to explore Volume 1 in much detail, it's quite interesting to note the references to a few things in Volume 1 that are popping up in Volume 6 - though I suppose they're also references to the manga by this point.
learning2tl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 12:24   Link #47
learning2tl

Great volume to be the mid-point of this great series, really. The right amount of lightheartedness needed after the more serious volumes 4 and 5.

Since someone reminded me about it, just thought I'd share that the 月刊ガガガチャンネル vol.83 video is now available:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1527479371

Jaku-chara stuff starts at 43:40. Potential minor spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the series.
Old 2018-06-04, 15:42   Link #48
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2tl View Post
Great volume to be the mid-point of this great series, really. The right amount of lightheartedness needed after the more serious volumes 4 and 5.
It's awesome to see how much he changed even from the first volume until this one where he finally realises the root of his problems with real life. And this may be another work where every character is the best character, especially Mizusawa. Waiting for the next volume will be tough now that the stage is set for theatre, manzai and the start of his love problems

Edit: Now I want an Audible version of this, thx LēT
Old 2018-06-05, 05:34   Link #49
learning2tl

Also, didn't catch on to this before, but he also appears with Fly on Gagaga Channel 72! (Which was around the time that Volume 4 was published, I think.) Part 2 is particularly full of explanations to do with the characters and illustrations (e.g. there's a segment on Kikuchi-san scenes).

P.S. Toranoana Mimimi SS finally arrived today!
Old 2018-06-05, 07:03   Link #50
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Nice, what is it about?
Old 2018-06-05, 17:00   Link #51
learning2tl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
^Nice, what is it about?
Spoiler for Volume 6:
Old 2018-06-28, 08:07   Link #52
learning2tl

Twitter competition results: http://blog.gagagabunko.jp/?eid=278
(Correspondingly has new illustration by Fly)

Link to SS:
Spoiler for Takes place around Volume 6 so spoiler-ing just in case.:
Old 2018-06-28, 08:36   Link #53
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Oh, was rather nice, thanks.
Old 2018-07-16, 14:16   Link #54
learning2tl

If anyone wants to hear more 'voiced' lines from the novel, there's also a bit of that towards the end of this interview with the author:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtm-MMAZNCY
Old 2018-07-16, 19:03   Link #55
Cinnamon

Thanks for the link. A really interesting interview and he has also a really nice voice! I want him to voice Tomozaki himself!
Old 2018-07-24, 11:58   Link #56
kari-no-sugata II

The translations have gotten to the end of the LN1. I actually read the raw a few weeks back because at the time the translations were so slow but now it ended fast, which was nice. Anyway, given that I enjoyed LN1 and the positive reactions here, I'm curious about how the rest of the series plays out.

So basically - for LN2 and later, what it the style/nature of the series? Does it change much from LN1 overall? Note, I'm not asking about the plot at all. I presume it doesn't turn into the same old harem rom-com series we see all over the place, otherwise it wouldn't be getting such a positive reaction.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-31, 10:18   Link #57
learning2tl

Eh what can I say, it gets even better after Volume 1 (in my humble completely unbiased opinion).

Anyway, as everyone will know by now, Volume 6.5 due for release on 18th October and will be a collection of stories (relating to past incidents) written from the POV of different characters. Looks like it's going to be a relatively short one at only 312 pages.

I wonder who we'll get for cover illustration.

Spoiler for Volume 6.5 Description (from Amazon, in Japanese):

First POV listed there sounds like it should be very interesting, especially I haven't been able to get hold of the Lvl. 99 SS yet.
Old 2018-09-02, 16:13   Link #58
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
So basically - for LN2 and later, what it the style/nature of the series? Does it change much from LN1 overall? Note, I'm not asking about the plot at all. I presume it doesn't turn into the same old harem rom-com series we see all over the place, otherwise it wouldn't be getting such a positive reaction.
If you liked the first volume, you can be assured it will develop into more than just following guides or completing tasks as each one becomes harder and more complex. For him, his surroundings, the relationships etc. It really escalates. I probably sound like an ad... I'm not sponsored by them okay?
Old 2018-09-02, 16:53   Link #59
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
If you liked the first volume, you can be assured it will develop into more than just following guides or completing tasks as each one becomes harder and more complex. For him, his surroundings, the relationships etc. It really escalates. I probably sound like an ad... I'm not sponsored by them okay?
Thanks for trying to answer my vaguely worded question

If I had more spare time I'd probably try to read the rest of the series. Fortunately, the translator is carrying on so I'm reading those instead. So far so good.

To put it in gaming terms, for the MC to keep growing he has to continue grinding the good exp areas that he's familiar with (keep on working the basics) and also as he levels up and gains more skills he should challenge appropriate new areas and new monsters that he couldn't before (needs to spend a decent proportion of his time out of his comfort zone).

So far (in the translations) the author is delivering nicely. I'm also glad to see that he's not just interacting with pretty girls too - one worry I'd had in LN1 is that all the other guys felt like "antagonists" and all the girls felt like "capture targets" which gave it a "harem" feel, so LN2 feels better already.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 05:06   Link #60
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Got my tablet back and SAI 2 as well, so wanted to try the "color" layer and did something quick. It's not clean, but it's not bad, so thought I might as well share it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
comedy, gagaga bunko, harem?, romance, school setting