AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2021-12-29, 19:28   Link #621
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As someone with C1 Ganyu, I can tell you that constellation is not exactly worth risking not getting a new character, unless you really plan using her a lot. That or you are planning a C4/C6 on the long term.
Itto and Noelle arguably don't have the same role despite having a "similar" kit. Itto sole purpose is to deal damage whereas Noelle serves as a character with role compression. So yes, it is quite normal for him to be a real DPS, while Noelle is more likely used for trash waves while healing the team + emergency shield.
Considering the investment, I wouldn't say that. A R1 SS easily provides more damage to Eula and Diluc, since Redhorn passives are utterly pointless for those 2 and its base attack is really too low to justify the crit damage for them.
He is a strong support, but nowhere close to Bennet or Xingqiu, be it because of the element restriction but also the constellation requirements and his burst with high energy cost despite its short duration. If anything, he is pretty much on par or slightly better than good supports like Rosaria and Sucrose.

They similiar to atk convert def but not in many area, thats why people made joke Itto is 5 star Noelle.

No comment about weapon though, i only said they good for them but of course nowhere useful but regardless they also fun choice if you want make def Diluc and Eula.

I personally see Gorou extremely useful for Geo dps team, his full of investment come at good fruitful.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-29, 19:54   Link #622
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Redhorn -cannot- be considered good for them at all except some inane crit fishing setup which is far from normal gameplay. I'm a bit pendatic here, but I believe I have to insist on that part since it is a weapon that can require up to 240 pulls if you are that unlucky. Implying it "can work" isn't really a good idea, especially factoring how the game is quite punishing if you invest your resource in the wrong character/weapon combinations. Diluc and Eula would fare the same or better with either SS or the tuna claymore, or even the snow tombed claymore in Eula's case. It is as if I pretend Engulfing Lightning can work on Xiao: there are weapons, even 5*, that work completely backwards if set on the wrong characters or they barely work as stats stick. And in the latter case, using those primos would make more sense on another weapon or character. Or pulling/building the character(s) who actually benefit that weapon the most.

Also, I never said Gorou isn't good. He is on par with strong support like Rosaria. But you simply cannot compare him to the likes of Bennett even in a full geo team because of Gorou's caveats. Ideally, you want both in a Geo team since 3 is enough for his buffs, but if you have to choose between the two, there is no way Gorou can be considered on the same league, even for characters with obscene atk stats like Itto and Noelle.
Bennett, Kazuha, and to some extent Zhongli and Xingqiu are on a complete different category in term of support performance compared to the more niche characters like Gorou, Mona, Rosaria or Sucrose. The gap is similar to how the top DPS like Hu Tao perform compared to mid tier like Klee.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-12-29 at 21:33.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-30, 14:06   Link #623
AnimeFangirl

I also played Kazuha in the Misty Dungeon and thought, "I must have him!"
But Zhongli comes first. I don't have anyone who can do anything near what he can, and I've already missed him twice. Canadian Aether will just have to wait while I save up more primogems.
Old 2021-12-31, 11:57   Link #624
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So yeah... if you have plans to roll in 2.4, they confirmed that Yae will be playable in 2.5.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 13:05   Link #625
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Yeah, that sure threw a wrench into the plans of a lot of people

Guess I'll wait until the last week of the second set of banners to see what they announce.
Old 2021-12-31, 16:51   Link #626
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Hmmm hopefully no dual banner for Yae patch, i think the other banner is another rerun for inazuma character this time.
Old 2021-12-31, 20:51   Link #627
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The lack of companion in the drip marketing means that Ayato won't be released until 2.6 at the earliest, and that's good news for Ayato wanters.

By the way, in terms of Twitter stats, the official Yae announcement tweet has over 9200 replies, over 105,000 retweets and over 275,000 likes... just under ten hours since posting.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2022-01-03, 04:02   Link #628
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
By the way, in terms of Twitter stats, the official Yae announcement tweet has over 9200 replies, over 105,000 retweets and over 275,000 likes... just under ten hours since posting.
That will just make the backlash all the fiercer if she turns out mediocre.
Old 2022-01-04, 00:12   Link #629
Marina2

Shenhe character demo

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Poor Abyss Mage....he get destroyed so hard.

Look like Shenhe is Chongyun's aunt.
Old 2022-01-04, 03:22   Link #630
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

English channel has 2.3 k comments within under 50 minutes and now 10k comment

The reactions is something.
Old 2022-01-04, 12:59   Link #631
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Yae's kit will be built differently from other units and then people will get mad at her for not only not being a DPS but not being as broken a support as Bennett, Xingqiu, and Xiangling. Only for her to prove she's very strong once people have actually figured her out

That's not a prediction. That's a spoiler
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 23:48   Link #632
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I got Shenhe on +20 pity. I have enough for guaranteed Ganyu in next banner.

I dont know how I feel right now...
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-05, 02:32   Link #633
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I was on 50 pulls from before. Got Qiqi'd in 20 pulls. Took me 80 pulls to get Shenhe. Still have 25k primos for Yae.

There's some censorship happening on CN where the outfits of Moan, Jean, Amber and Rosaria are getting modified. From what I hear, the modified ones are going to be default in CN while it will be a free skin for Global. CN gets 1200 primos as compensation for this.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-05, 03:33   Link #634
AnimeFangirl

Heard about it as well. China is... something else.
Old 2022-01-06, 07:11   Link #635
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The way how they suddenly announced those alternate outfits and the way how they implemented half baked temporary changes on the CN server pretty much imply the Chinese government regulations hit them quite suddenly. It goes in line with the dramatic shift in Chinese business considering how CN mobage gained tractions recently, so it is no surprise the government want more control for their public image in general.
I'm actually more surprised Mihoyo weren't forced to do that on many more characters at the same time such as Ganyu and Yoimiya. Hell, Shenhe only got a very slight change for her release which is pretty minimal considering she is still not exactly SFW by usual standards, especially Chinese ones.
Old 2022-01-06, 16:58   Link #636
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The way how they suddenly announced those alternate outfits and the way how they implemented half baked temporary changes on the CN server pretty much imply the Chinese government regulations hit them quite suddenly. It goes in line with the dramatic shift in Chinese business considering how CN mobage gained tractions recently, so it is no surprise the government want more control for their public image in general.
I'm actually more surprised Mihoyo weren't forced to do that on many more characters at the same time such as Ganyu and Yoimiya. Hell, Shenhe only got a very slight change for her release which is pretty minimal considering she is still not exactly SFW by usual standards, especially Chinese ones.
Yeah, it's been interesting to read the various comments from Chinese players on Reddit and various other places. The impression you get is that, rather than being some sort of concerted censorship effort, it's really a hodgepodge of different groups, agencies and officials who are trying to be seen as doing "something" in response to various concerns and complaints, in addition to there being various "anti" groups that make it their purpose to push these kinds of complaints (although whether that is really the cause or not is just speculation). All the designs that were released would already have been approved in the past, but now some new complaint occurs, or some official interprets something in a certain way, and all of a sudden it's a problem and they have to act without delay to avoid dire consequences.

Why these particular characters got hit first and not others is a good question, although maybe it's just a question of how quickly they could get the modifications done (even in the half-assed state) by 2.4 launch. Apparently more have been done in the CN 2.5 beta.

Going forward, it'll be interesting to see if they ever go with the "two outfit" approach for new characters. Although it's more work, it seems to me that sometimes it might be worth it (they know as well as all of us that fanservice sells). I guess either that or they start getting more aggressive about selling outfits, and some of the outfits are global-only (as much as CN players may complain). All of this is probably related to why they've been shifting some key global administrative functions to their Singapore branch office, even if it's in name only.
Old 2022-01-19, 21:48   Link #637
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There is currently an ongoing showdown over which of the fan renditions of Yun Jin's "Divine Damsel of Devastation" performance are better than the others. Among the notable opera styles that entered the fray were the Peking (Beijing), Kun (Yunnan), Yue (GuangDong), and Huangmei (Anhui) styles. It came to a point where professional opera singers and musicians are involved. All videos are hosted in Bilibili.

The Reddit thread also has a list of notable performances, including a performance sung in Cantonese.

Old 2022-01-20, 23:35   Link #638
Marina2

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There is currently an ongoing showdown over which of the fan renditions of Yun Jin's "Divine Damsel of Devastation" performance are better than the others. Among the notable opera styles that entered the fray were the Peking (Beijing), Kun (Yunnan), Yue (GuangDong), and Huangmei (Anhui) styles. It came to a point where professional opera singers and musicians are involved. All videos are hosted in Bilibili.
This is nice. I also see some Male version cover or even Japanese Cover by v-tuber on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drdFfKqDrKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTYS64IExvU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRLgXkZS4I

Last edited by Marina2; 2022-01-21 at 00:09.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 00:44   Link #639
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Today is the Day of the Cocogaot.
Old 2022-01-25, 05:12   Link #640
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

With Ganyu I got C6 YanFei and C11 XingQiu lol.

Tags
gacha game, genshin impact