AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-11-15, 02:03   Link #1
archzai

[Manga] Rasengan, Chidori & their variants

Spoiler for Volume 15-17:

i was just wondering... because i jus started reading the manga and im on chap 176...

Spoiler:

furthermore

Spoiler:

one more thing

Spoiler:

thx :P
archzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 02:05   Link #2
Jackl

Don't want to be mean, but I got to say it.

NOT AGAIN!!! NOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not touching this discussion even with a 10 foot pole.
Jackl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 02:09   Link #3
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Oh hell naw.

How about something more interesting, like Konohamaru vs Udon? Jeez.
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 02:11   Link #4
HoboGod
Necromancer

well, lightning edge can cut anything, so i'd say that Rasengan and Chodori were to clash, chodori would rip through rasengan and kill naruto, but the rasengan would rip sasuke apart in the process. if kakashi didn't step in, they both would prolly be dead.

EDIT: oh, and i don't think that Rasengan alone would be able to penitrate neji's absolute defence, the rasengan would most likely be pushed back at naruto

if it was rasengan with the force of kyuubi berserk naruto... that would be a different story
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 02:14   Link #5
archzai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
Oh hell naw.

How about something more interesting, like Konohamaru vs Udon? Jeez.
im sorry... i didnt read this thread before the forum got reset... if i had i wouldn't have posted this again : / ... i dont remember seeing it before either... oh well sorri...
Old 2003-11-15, 02:15   Link #6
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Okay well I might as well add this anyway!

Anyone else reminded of Dragonball with the Rasengan..??

Roshi spent like thirty years making the Kamehameha wave, and Goku could do a simple version of it on his first try!

The fourth spends three years making Rasengan.. and Naruto does it in three weeks!
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 02:22   Link #7
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
Okay well I might as well add this anyway!

Anyone else reminded of Dragonball with the Rasengan..??

Roshi spent like thirty years making the Kamehameha wave, and Goku could do a simple version of it on his first try!

The fourth spends three years making Rasengan.. and Naruto does it in three weeks!
well, it takes longer to develop a technique than it does to mimic it. and besides, naruto hasn't mastered rasengan yet and he wouldn't be able to have had so much practice during those 3 weeks if naruto didn't have the kyuubi chakara advantage. so i'm guessing any normal person would take more than 3 weeks to learn it
Old 2003-11-15, 02:26   Link #8
Jackl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
well, it takes longer to develop a technique than it does to mimic it. and besides, naruto hasn't mastered rasengan yet and he wouldn't be able to have had so much practice during those 3 weeks if naruto didn't have the kyuubi chakara advantage. so i'm guessing any normal person would take more than 3 weeks to learn it
Damn it, said I wasn't going to particpate in this.

Oh well.

Also, even when Naruto finally does get the technique down, it is flawed. he can only do it with a clone. He may have learned it, but he hasn't mastered it completely yet.
Jackl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 02:34   Link #9
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
hm.. i am pretty sure sasuke would "probably" dodge naruto's blow cuz hes got those pesky eyes. But if they were to clash, i am pretty sure sasuke would probably end up a hundred miles away with all his clothings ripped. As for naruto, 2 things might happen:
1) sasuke might make a hole on naruto's palm (then sasuke flew 100 miles and blah blah blah...)
2) the Rasengan blows up in front of their faces, causing both naruto sasuke to fly miles away and ending up naked.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 02:57   Link #10
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Judging from what happened to the water tanks, I would say that the rasengan is more powerful. Besides, Jiraiya and the 4th were much stronger fighters than Kakashi, so I would assume that their power move is stronger.

We all saw the look of shock and dismay on Sasuke's face when he realized that rasengan is more powerful.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 03:18   Link #11
AssertnFailure
Where's the ladies?

Quote:
well, lightning edge can cut anything, so i'd say that Rasengan and Chodori were to clash, chodori would rip through rasengan and kill naruto, but the rasengan would rip sasuke apart in the process. if kakashi didn't step in, they both would prolly be dead.

EDIT: oh, and i don't think that Rasengan alone would be able to penitrate neji's absolute defence, the rasengan would most likely be pushed back at naruto

if it was rasengan with the force of kyuubi berserk naruto... that would be a different story
hmm....personally i would take this from a more anime-scientific standpoint. neji shooting chakra from chakra holes at a spinning ball of chakra would be like zaku shooting pressure blasts from his arms at a spinning chouji. If the rasengan spins as much as it looks to be, then i dont know if a direct burst of chakra can deflect it
AssertnFailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 03:36   Link #12
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
hmm....personally i would take this from a more anime-scientific standpoint. neji shooting chakra from chakra holes at a spinning ball of chakra would be like zaku shooting pressure blasts from his arms at a spinning chouji. If the rasengan spins as much as it looks to be, then i dont know if a direct burst of chakra can deflect it
Neji's chakra might spin with naruto's rasengan and add to its power.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 05:25   Link #13
Gabriel710
Angel Of Death

I wasnt gonna answer but oh well.

1. I think Chidori would have killled Naruto or took off his right arm. Rasengan would kill Sasuke and give him a really and I mean really big hole in his back.

2. Well it would suck to be Sasuke or Naruto after they do that cuz Kaiten will send all that excess chakra back to them. Remember Kaiten also deflects Chakra and thats why Naruto received more damage when he and Neji colided.

3. Well he is using two hands b/c he is just begining to master it. Here is a better example when I first started typing I had to look at the keyboard to see what keys to hit as I got better I knew where the Keys were and I was able to type faster and I didnt have to look at the keyboard anymore. So just give Naruto time and he will be able to bust out Rasengan with 1 hand.
Gabriel710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 05:42   Link #14
archzai

hmmm i also think Rasengan is more powerful but i just wanted a general opinion...

why do i think this way?

a) beacuse the 4th is way stronger than kakashi... and if it took him 3 years to master, then it is definately way stronger chidori... which Sasuke could learn in one month... Naruto LEARNED Rasengan in 1 week... but he didnt master it (he has to a clone and so forth)

b) the huge hole in the water tank

c) sasuke's look of fear... obviously you would only be scared if the other person's attack was very powerful... even more so than your own attack

personally i had a feeling if they HAD collided... it would been... Rasengan hit Chidori.... as in... the two hands would collide... in that case...Sasuke would not only lose his hand but definately get killed... whereas Naruto has a chance to not get hurt.... why? Rasengan is a ball of chakra that is coming out of the hand... meaning that acutally makes contact with Sasuke's hand before the Naruto's actual hand does... whereas for Chidori... it seems like it is only a think layer of chakra surrounding Sasuke's hand... in that case... rasengan would blow off Sasuke's hand before anything serious happened :P
Old 2003-11-15, 10:27   Link #15
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Haha the Cursed Thread of the Rasengan vs Chidori strike back ^^

Okey so let's go for some definitions

The Chidori is a blade of chakra around the hand which can pierce anything with hight speed, if you really want to compare this jutsu with something, it's more like an uranium bullet.

The Rasengan is a vortex, a maelstrom of chakra contained in the palm of the hand wich one can remain in that state (ie Jiraiya crushing the tree), or unleash it (ie like Jiraiya blowing away the hoodlum).
In the first case, the damage is pretty the same as the Chidori but you don't need hight speed (and so the sharingan) because the damage is due to the fact that the chakra spin like a typhon and crush anything.
In the second state, when you release the chakra's vortex, you can blow away your opponent into this chakra's typhon whith more or less wounds according to the degree of the chakra's concentration.

So the Rasengan is clearly a better jutsu : no need to hight speed, proportioning of the damage, different use.

But the maximum damage of the Rasengan aren't stronger than those of the Chidori, they are exactly the same with the same amount of chakra :
the Chidori is a mass of chakra throw at high speed and the Rasengan a hight speed typhon of chakra, the first pierce and the second crush but the result is the same the target is destroyed.

If you think that the Chidori must has alway the same size (ie small area around the hand) look at the fight of Sasuke with the curse seal starting to open against Itachi.
The damages caused by the Chidori were gigantic, equal or even stronger than what we saw with the Rasengan.

So my point is that for this kind of jutsu which use the chakra itself as a weapon like the Chidori, the Rasengan or the Kaiten, the power of the jutsu is equal at the amount of chakra that you put in.

For the point about the Kaiten of Neji which could deflects the Chidori or the Rasengan, I'm not sure, there is 2 possibilities.
Because the more you have chakra, the more the more the Kaiten is powerfull so logically it's just a question of chakra, no way that Neji can deflect the Rasengan of Jiraiya or that Sasuke can pierce the Kaiten of Hiashi for example.
But the question is what's the result of the clash between two udge mass of chakra?
And according to the fight Naruto vs Neji I'm tempted to say that the result will be an udge explosion.

About the fight between Sasuke vs Naruto, don't forget a point, nor Sasuke, nor Naruto tried to strike their fists.
Their blows wasn't going to be cancelled, they were going to kill both of them.

Well... To kill Sakura in fact, she had jumped between them.
If Kakashi wasn't arrived, she was going to caught a Chidori in the head and a Rasengan in the stomach
Too bad he was here
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 10:52   Link #16
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
No!!!!!!!! NOT AGAIN THIS CURSED THREAD!!!!!!!!!
lol

Anyways, the answer is simple: the Chidori nor the Rasengan is better! They both have their advantages! It's already been proved that the Rasengan can have a more destructive effect than the Chidori, but it consumes many more Chakra than the Chidori, and it's also slower than the Chidori. See Rasengan as a bomb, and the Chidori as a sword. And it also depends on who's using it. Naruto's Rasengan can be the strongest, cause he just has to stick out with a lot of Kyuubi's chakra to do it. Besides, a Rasengan done with his own Chakra (if he's even capable of doing with his own) is far weaker than Kakashi's Chidori.

Last edited by Vicious; 2003-11-15 at 11:31.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 11:07   Link #17
Guess

Talking

Rasengan is so much better because once you have mastered it. The person can do it while fighting like when Jir did to the two guys to show Naruto. Chidori takes forever to charge up even if you have mastered it as shown by Kakashi. So I doubt someone using Chidori can have enough time to charge up if they were fighting someone who mastered Rasengan. Just throwing my cent worth
Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 11:20   Link #18
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess
Rasengan is so much better because once you have mastered it. The person can do it while fighting like when Jir did to the two guys to show Naruto. Chidori takes forever to charge up even if you have mastered it as shown by Kakashi. So I doubt someone using Chidori can have enough time to charge up if they were fighting someone who mastered Rasengan. Just throwing my cent worth
all chidori needs is for a hand seal to be created, if that is created before the fight (which i'm assumiing sasuke did befere chalanging naruto considering sasuke pulled off chodori at the same time as naruto's rasengan) then it can be released immediatly
Old 2003-11-15, 11:43   Link #19
Guess

Quote:
all chidori needs is for a hand seal to be created, if that is created before the fight (which i'm assumiing sasuke did befere chalanging naruto considering sasuke pulled off chodori at the same time as naruto's rasengan) then it can be released immediatly

You cant really say that Naruto has mastered Rasengan, so I dont think what you saw him and sasuka did counts. I'm basing it on what I saw Jir did. And I'm basing what i have seen how Kakashi is using his chidori since I would think he has mastered. And when I have seen Kakashi use it he needed time to charge it up. Naruto
Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 11:55   Link #20
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Forget the hand seal, theoretically (sp? ) you're right Guess, but in the fact you're wrong, you need time only the first time, after that you can just scream the name of your blow, then the final step, you have just to think about it

Sasuke doesn't need time or hand seal anymore to use the Chidori.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote