AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-22, 21:20   Link #121
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Meh, I'm always a little irked every time bad guys spare defeated good guys and not deal the final blow. Granted, Jail asked for it, and for a semi-decent reason (( if only for image-sake )),
Fate and co want to arrest Jail and the Numbers, not to kill them. As any police force in anime, they believe needless killing is to be avoided.
Why would Jail think otherwise?

Remember, this is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. There is no real Bad Guy/Good Guy opposition, merely people who believe in what they do, and don't agree with each other. (And Nanoha will win, because her name is in the show's title.)

Precia had a very good reason (in her own mind, at least) to seek the Jewel Seeds, and Nanoha and Chrono had their own reason too.
Signum-tachi had a very good reason to complete the book of darkness, while Chrono-tachi had a very good reason to prevent them. And Graham honestly believed what he did what the right thing.

In StrikerS, Jail thinks the Lost Logia should be put to good use, and the TSAB thinks they're too dangerous. And each group fights for their own beliefs.

Besides, Jail is a creator of life, so I don't think he likes killing.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:25   Link #122
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No point killing them, they are too easily replaced, THEN we'll be treated to MORE new characters...

In terms of plot? Maybe not so much, but we already have one too many characters being nerf for space, and one too many characters who aren't doing anything. So character-wise, it's not a very good thing.

Yes, but those were considered small scaled conflicts, low Causalities are understandable.
Still, if this is the (theoretically) the final series, Almost everyone can be still alive save a few. And You can generally just phase out character like what they did with Arf and to an extent; Yunno and Zafira
Old 2007-07-22, 21:35   Link #123
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Fate and co want to arrest Jail and the Numbers, not to kill them. As any police force in anime, they believe needless killing is to be avoided.
Why would Jail think otherwise?
Doesn't mean that they won't kill. Polices have shoot to kill before if the situations warrents it.

And being attacked like that sure warrents that lethal force.

Again, just because the person has the best intentions in mind, doesn't mean they are excused of crimes.

That said, some of the worst decisions are made with the best interest in mind.

Quote:

You serious? Did you just forget him getting high over the destruction of Ground center?
Old 2007-07-22, 21:39   Link #124
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
You serious? Did you just forget him gleeing at the destruction of Ground center?
Well... no one died. Not even cannon fodders.

Either it's just an ego-filling publicity stunt (( look, I owned you without even killing a single one, you'd be dead long ago if I was remotely serious )) or he really cares about...LIFE.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:43   Link #125
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Or he's just a fruitcake.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:45   Link #126
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Either it's just an ego-filling publicity stunt (( look, I owned you without even killing a single one, you'd be dead long ago if I was remotely serious )) or he really cares about...LIFE.
But they fact that he was getting it off all over the idea, really doesn't scream "I don't want to do this, but if I have to..."

It's most likely a psychological stun... Or he's a fruitcake.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:45   Link #127
Fabien

Quote:
Doesn't mean that they won't kill. Polices have shoot to kill before if the situations warrents it.
That's right.
Jail has no reason to act otherwise: avoid killing if possible.

Quote:
You serious? Did you just forget him getting high over the destruction of Ground center?
He wanted to destroy the symbol.
Likewise, at the end of ep 17, Uno intends to destroy the 6th Division's _building_, not the people, since she asks them to evacuate.

Anyway, I suppose that in episode 18, we'll know whether some people actually died in the attack.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:48   Link #128
Meophist

Hrmm… I watched the episode, and…

I should've seen that coming. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something else about Subaru's idolation of Nanoha that's been unsaid.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:50   Link #129
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
He must has a bright side that's never shown in public since the numbers seem to hold him in a fairly high regard.Probably similar situation to Precia...pretty sweet guy in the beginning
Old 2007-07-22, 21:54   Link #130
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Let me say this once again; Holy. Shit.
Spoiler for EP17 A Part:

B Part:
Spoiler for EP17 B Part:

Preview:
Spoiler for EP18 Preview:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Holy fucking awesome.
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=215

I'm in the process of uploading the Subaru part and ripping out the Erio/Caro part at the end. I'll post those once they're up.
WELL! This episode certainly delivers!
In any case, since most of the points I would have liked to ask were already mentioned. I'll just ask these.

1) Did anyone get the name of Zest's Armed Device?
2) How did Subaru grow up while being a cyborg? Her systems grew as well?!
3) Did the left Revolver Knuckle get left behind? *hopeful*
4) Is Caro limited as well?
5) Did Voltaire come out from the summoning square or formed from Fried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
I knew it! Doc strives for the prosperity of humanity! Fighting against those who hinder its rightful development!
That's one way of putting it.

Quote:
Drones won't kill innocents but reply to the violence accordingly, that's it
Spoiler:
For good or for bad, THIS IS NANOHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yea i know what you mean...i was all up for a funeral the next day considering hayate's "ZOMG i cant feel their life signals anymore!" :O reaction...*sigh*
Anime cliche. Can't feel their life force ~> OMG! Their dead! ~> No. We we're just knocked out good.

Quote:
Nothing personal against them, it was just a perfect moment for some members of the cast to go for good (it's unlikely to see something decent performed by Shamal or Zafira in future episodes anyway), but they missed the opportunity
Main cast? Probably. But not this early.

Quote:
IF there was no limiter and Fate was full S+ and with Zamber mode seeing that the Numbers weren't having much trouble defending against her attacks would either mean that they're that good or that she performed bad. Future will show what was really the case.
I'm betting more on that her agenda wasn't to elimante them for the time being. But at least they should have shown some shots!

Quote:
Neither seems all that serious, that Fate's clearly more agitated. The Numbers had the no-casualty mission objective going for them, and they clearly preferred if Fate was willing to join them and become Jail's harem member #13, the pseudo-daughter archetype.

Fate on the other hand, wanted to inquiry on Scaglietti's whereabouts, so well... but the last words of the Numbers does give less edge to Fate, since they're still hoping to talk sense into her next time, and that "you know you can't win next time" foreshadowing...

As for Scaglietti... Well, it was both advertising, sponsor showcase alongside personal motives (( Material/Type-0 ))... There's probably a bunch of bull in his words as is every advertisement. At least it can be said that thus far, he doesn't seem to treat his subjects that badly. The Numbers (( even Tre )) seems to have a degree of attachment to him, looking sad when Fate bullshited Jail, and well... Lutecia's a Jail Is Fine Too. And at least he wasn't the evil sucker involved with Agito/Elio.

Let's see if he intends to dissect Vivio or give her candies and sweets before dissecting her. And what he intends to do with Ginga too, though I think mind-control seems to be the most famous line of thought (( though I'd prefer if Ginga was genuinely converted over, but alas... highly doubtful. ))
Yup. Good points there. As well as 'A Jail is Fine too' elements. As to be expected from Nightengale. In any case, Jail certainly went up the awesome villain meter. It makes the show and the conflict all the better.

Quote:
Remember, this is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. There is no real Bad Guy/Good Guy opposition, merely people who believe in what they do, and don't agree with each other. (And Nanoha will win, because her name is in the show's title.)

Precia had a very good reason (in her own mind, at least) to seek the Jewel Seeds, and Nanoha and Chrono had their own reason too.
Signum-tachi had a very good reason to complete the book of darkness, while Chrono-tachi had a very good reason to prevent them. And Graham honestly believed what he did what the right thing.

In StrikerS, Jail thinks the Lost Logia should be put to good use, and the TSAB thinks they're too dangerous. And each group fights for their own beliefs.

That's a kind way to put it. But as for me, war is just about conflicting ideas. The one who wins will be recorded by history as the one who is right. But in the end, there are only victims.

Quote:
That's quite well-coordinated.

Quote:
Either way, it's still good for dramaticism.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-07-22, 21:54   Link #131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's right.
Jail has no reason to act otherwise: avoid killing if possible.
Ever wondered why these 'advancments' he makes are all related to weapons of war?

Both past and present.

Quote:
He wanted to destroy the symbol.
Likewise, at the end of ep 17, Uno intends to destroy the 6th Division's _building_, not the people, since she asks them to evacuate.

Anyway, I suppose that in episode 18, we'll know whether some people actually died in the attack.
Nonetheless, that 'symbol' had unarmed people inside. Why didn't he force them out if he just wants to attack the building? For that matter, why not choose a time when there's less people around?

And Uno was just following orders.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:55   Link #132
Fabien

Quote:
Either it's just an ego-filling publicity stunt
He disagrees with the TSAB (on the subject of Lost Logia), so he want to prove that they're just a bunch of losers.

Quote:
or he really cares about...LIFE.
I think it's simpler than that: deciding to kill someone is not something one takes lightly.
I mean, have you ever killed anyone?
Old 2007-07-22, 22:00   Link #133
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
2) How did Subaru grow up while being a cyborg? Her systems grew as well?!
Why not? We're in a world of magic and advanced technology here.

Quote:
4) Is Caro limited as well?
AFAIK, only her device is limited.

Quote:
5) Did Voltaire come out from the summoning square
Yes. Caro can summon him; he's completely independant from Freid. More explanations in episode 10.
Old 2007-07-22, 22:00   Link #134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
He must has a bright side that's never shown in public since the numbers seem to hold him in a fairly high regard.Probably similar situation to Precia...pretty sweet guy in the beginning
Jail X Numbers

Quote:
He disagrees with the TSAB (on the subject of Lost Logia), so he want to prove that they're just a bunch of losers.
By shooting at them? Sure, why not? Everybody does it.

Quote:
I think it's simpler than that: deciding to kill someone is not something one takes lightly.
I mean, have you ever killed anyone?
Thats nice, now convince us why he works only with weapons of war.

And you are mistaken, he doesn't do the fighting, his subjects does.

Giving an order to kill is different than doing the killing.
Old 2007-07-22, 22:02   Link #135
Fabien

Quote:
Ever wondered why these 'advancments' he makes are all related to weapons of war?
Basically, TSAB does the same: magical weapons, military training...
Old 2007-07-22, 22:05   Link #136
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Screenie Collage:

from reading all the posts in this thread and viewing this screen collage, this must have been the most destructive Nanoha episode to date!

Spoiler for WTF!:

but subaru got really messed up in this episode...ouch!
But the "powering up" of Subaru and the unison of Zest in episode 16 still Scream out DBZ...

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-07-22 at 22:09. Reason: spelling....
Old 2007-07-22, 22:05   Link #137
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Basically, TSAB does the same: magical weapons, military training...
It's a military/police organization...
Old 2007-07-22, 22:09   Link #138
Fabien

Quote:
By shooting at them?
Nope. By showing that a small group can attack the Ground Center, break the building, and go away, without anyone in TSAB being able to do anything useful. Including the three Aces.

Quote:
Thats nice, now convince us why he works only with weapons of war.
Nanoha does, too (she's not the White Devil for nothing), and that doesn't make her a Bad Guy.

Quote:
Giving an order to kill is different than doing the killing.
Yeah, but even giving the order to kill is not a decision a human being takes lightly.
Old 2007-07-22, 22:11   Link #139
Fabien

Quote:
It's a military/police organization...
When TSAB uses/develops weapons, that's Good, and when Jail uses/develops weapons, that's Bad? Why?
Old 2007-07-22, 22:13   Link #140
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Scaglietti...what is this guy? A life creating expert?
That's exactly what he is. Apparently he was the instigator (or at least one of the main scientists) of Project F, though whether he's Fate's creator is debatable.
Closed Thread