3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-22, 09:42   Link #201
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But where does CB's money come from, if not from the observers?
Well, I don't see how all the scientists and engineers and all who defected to CB couldn't have brought all their wealth with them. Not to mention Aeolia himself, who's probably got to amass a large sum in order to start this pet project of his in the first place.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 09:52   Link #202
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

It may sound cold, but I am glad a Gundam series is finally willing to have deaths on the "good guys side" to increase the impact on an audience. Been watching Gundam going back to 08th MS team, and it's nice to finally see one that is going for dramatic effect. Gundam X didn't do it, Gundam Wing, 08th MS team, and if somebody tells me Gundam Seed had dramatic effect except for maybe ep 49 of the first season I will give you this in advance.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 09:55   Link #203
Var
Banned

Hum... was the GN-X that downed the Ptol, Sergei? He was the one who said they had to take it down and subsequently we see a GN-X flying in past the defenses to destroy the ship.

Anyway, great episode. 10/10 for me, for making me cry manly tears.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 09:55   Link #204
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
1) Gundam side story characters never cross over to the main anime
Though the anime makes specific references to the side stories, including the 5th GN Drive and Felt's parents (who for all intents and purposes are probably the Meisters in Gundam 00P).

Not to mention mecha/ships from the sidestories have been known to make cameos in the main show.

Quote:
2) Side stories are made to fill in certain details. Side stories have to re-align their story in order to match and not contradict the anime. On the contrary, the anime itself does not need to acknowledge that side stories exist.

3) Side stories almost always have a different writer, who, quite frankly, does not have a very clear idea how things are going to progress in the main plot. The most he can do as of now is assign the side characters their own final boss which would explain why they are supposedly preoccupied
Tomohiro Chiba, who writes both Astray and the 00 sidestories, is also a main background and settings writer for 00. According to Mizushima, he's had a large impact on Kuroda's screenplay.

And the main settings/technology writer for the CE universe, Shigeru Morita, was also a part of Seed/Destiny's writing staff, the main writer for Stargazer, and Sunrise's supervisor of the Astray manga.

These modern sidestories that are developed alongside the anime are actually more intricately involved with the show than you think.
Old 2008-03-22, 09:56   Link #205
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Holy god....what an episode. I haven't seen a bloodbath like this in a single episode since GSEED episode 49......
You c
all that a bloodbath? Seriously, go watch the last three episodes of Zeta. Here's a quick list of the important characters on all sides that survived to the next season.

Yazan
Haman
Fa
Captain Bright

And that's the survivors. This episode had 4 deaths of semi-important characters, an Patrick was the most important of all of them.
Quote:
There is something I wonder: How exactly does the world react to the fact, that the UN is attacking and destroying the organization, that declared to exterminate war? Shouldn't this result in protests and uprisings?
Celestial Being has been a mix of controversial and unpopular since the beginning. The number of people and countries to outright benefit from CB's appearance (Azadistan being the main one, and even then all CB did was stop the violence, not the disagreement) pales to the number of people and countries that have been hurt by Celestial Being. When terrorists were attacking major population centers around episode 6 or 7, guess who the street protests were against? Hint, it starts with a "C".

Quote:
Somehow I feel sorry for the doctor... only one episode to appear and in the next one he already dies.
He joins a growing crowd of named characters who's only purpose is to quickly die.

Laguna, Ming, that arse who tried to pick a fight with Graham...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I think Graham will join the fight against Alejandro. I think Alejandro will try to bring down a space elevator or two or three. Most GN-X's are trashed and most Gundams are out commission. It will be up to Exia and the GN-Flag to stop them.
That's just stupid, considering how Alejandro has explicitly said he wants to have the world. That's kind of impossible when you destroy the pillar of the world's dependence.
Quote:
And the writers are getting nuts, I think the body count will be high next episode with Al, Graham, Sergei, and Tieria going down to keep casualties as low as possible. Someone is going to overload a GN drive and nuke an entire space station to keep deaths low. I see it happening. Hell, even Setsuna might do it.
One: that would be killing off more important characters than died this episode, half of them not even on the battlefied.

Two: An overloaded GN drive means it runs out of power, not that it becomes a nuke. GN drives don't even use nuclear power. We saw what a limited operation time means with the Thrones; you run out of power, and risk falling out of the sky.
Quote:

Patrick could have survived. These suits have ejection seats. He seemed to be pretty close to the "switch." He may survive.
It's rather hard to survive being vaporized.

Time jump = Saji time[/QUOTE]

Quote:
But where does CB's money come from, if not from the observers?
Aeolia Schehenberg. That was established in the first episodes, and it still hasn't changed. Observers may add their own wealth and connections to the mix, but the basis of all of CB's resources and technology come from Aeolia. That's a long established and reinforced fact.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:04   Link #206
Chase

Just watched the episode and OMG. Episode was exciting and sad at the same time. Poor Christina, sucked that you had to go like that. That damn Damn golden armor/MS Have to give this episode a 10.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:06   Link #207
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
He joins a growing crowd of named characters who's only purpose is to quickly die.

Laguna, Ming, that arse who tried to pick a fight with Graham...
The doctor was introduced quite a few episodes back, he was just never shown but we knew of his existance. Same for Laguna who had a very big behind the scenes role in the plot. While they may have died shortly after appearing on screen, they did not have no development.

The others, though, Ming, US flag pilots, and plenty more just died as fodder.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:06   Link #208
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

ya, pretty good episode, next one will be better.

I wonder how is exia going to break the golden GN shield in epi 25
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:10   Link #209
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
while the gundams have gotten good press(azadistan incident) they've also gotten controversial press(taribia seperation) and recently terrible press(trinity's acts) so destroying gundams is a good thing in the eyes of the public.(not to mention you can question what celestial being has been doing since the start of the series.)
The whole purpose of the Trinity was to be used to anger and threaten the world powers to the point when they what CB destroyed.

Up until Trinity's introduction, only HRL officially wanted to destroy CB. There was equal support on both sides of the argument for and against, since in general CB's actions had been beneficial overall.

The only reason CB was fought against, was to rob them of their technology. This isn't "noble", so that's why even military action in the Chinese desert had to be disguised as a "military exercise". They couldn't tell their people the army is spending all that money just to perform highway robbery.

Trinity changed all that, as they directly attacked government facilities that threatened to cause instability of government rule. The eyes of the public, together with the governments, become hostile and wanted CB gone.

As usual, the common people are being played. Alejandro in the golden MA orchestrated all the death and destruction, and now they will thank him for it. It's very much an "Emperor Palpatine" setup.
Old 2008-03-22, 10:20   Link #210
Sciel
Etoilé

10/10 for me.
-Looks like Patrick finally dies . YAY
-Hallelujah is just badass with that claw weapon of his. What was that he said to Soma while pointing Kyrios's beam gun at her cockpit? Sounded like "Hi Hun" or something.
-Tieria seemed to have lost consciousness after killing pat and his buddy .
-Alejandro and his hax golden armor of doom basically owned Ptloemy and screwed Kyrios and Nadleeh.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:22   Link #211
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I really wanted to type "COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN!" when I was watching...and then that victory is all due to the damn seven-GN drive MA...

Well, it's 1 Exia vs a hax MA, and then the general and Soma are still out there.
Old 2008-03-22, 10:23   Link #212
gathershot

Another amazing and epic episode !

It's the first time I see so many people with significant roles dying in such a short amount of time, in a gundam, since uc gundams.

the final scene with Christina, the timing of the final dialogue between her and her surviving friends, it was so heartbreaking, very beautiful and very sad. She was always trying to cheer others and cared so much for Felt so that we never saw her personnality like how it was shown in her last minutes; even without spoilers, anybody can guess that Christina's death, added to Lockon's cast a definitly unbreakable invicibility spell on Felt and qualified her for the next season.

Besides I feel even more sorry for Felt. What happens to her is at least as horrible as what happened to saji imo. character developpement is cruel.

Halleluya is freakingly amazing considering what he can do with a half dismembered gundam. I wonder what he'll pull against two aces with full functionnal Gn-x.

the disapointing thing is with Alessandro who is getting stereotypical : he's just as boring as your typical bad guy crawling for world domination in a fatass mobile suit/armor or whatever.
gathershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:25   Link #213
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
From what I gather Ali is dead since Kathy informed Sergei that the Zwei was destroyed.

But holy crap what a )(&#@)($*@#)($* battle.

And poor patrick, I thought that guy would live to the end.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:28   Link #214
Eleutheria
旅行癖

The irony for patrick is that at the very beginning of the episode, he was doing his usual schick about getting back against all odds, and his female captain sighed with relief.

Then boom from Tieria...

EDIT: and yes you're right, I heard the captains say that Zwei wouldn't be joining them since it was a bust. Not sure whether that means Ali is gone or not, but I suppose there's always room for another masked man.
Old 2008-03-22, 10:33   Link #215
gathershot

Patrick was the longest joke of the show. But his death was so quick and sudden. I guess that the director really wants to wear "kill'em all" Tomino's crown, killing people so easily.
gathershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:33   Link #216
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Finished raw, and Jesus, the Christina/Licht death scene was damned touching, and the manly tears wanted to start. And Feldt. Poor Feldt, hopefully she won't turn into a Shinji, seeing how much she's gone through during the previous 2 episodes.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:33   Link #217
Chase

Christina nooooooooooooooooo
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:35   Link #218
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
I really wanted to type "COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN!" when I was watching...and then that victory is all due to the damn seven-GN drive MA...

Well, it's 1 Exia vs a hax MA, and then the general and Soma are still out there.
1. Corner in his Gold MA did most of the killing.

2. Corner was the one who planned for having Trinity killing all those people. He is now trusted, which mean the Master-terrorist has now infiltrated all three world governments at once.

3. Corner is the only winner. Everyone else lost.
(Pending his survival, or not, by next episode.)
Old 2008-03-22, 10:36   Link #219
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

So it IS possible to create a giant gundam-killing cannon of doom. Sorta reminiscent of Wing Zero's golden death ray.

That said, now there's PROOF that you CAN have a supergundam, and after what happened in this ep and very much likely the next, I expect some serious fucking badassery in S2.

As for the ep...

Patrick: Looks like Team Rocket's NOT blasting off again.
Ptolemy:

1) Kira >> Setsuna indeed. Retard doesn't know his priorities.
2) WHY CHRISTINA?! Why do they kill the FANSERVICE?!
Old 2008-03-22, 10:36   Link #220
digi.amuro

When they set Haru down in the Dynamus' pilot seat, I kept thinking "OMG, Haro's launching and totally owning all GN-X's in scrapped Dynamus!

That was a great episode.
Spoiler: