Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-26, 19:01   Link #21
hold

<http>
<body>
<OL>
<LI> <b>Onegai Teacher</b> - the best love story ive ever seen </li>
<LI> REC - the best love story ive ever seen just as onegai teacher </li>
<LI> Rurouni Kenshin - one of my favorites loves storys with drastic ending </LI>
<li> karekano - good love story but i think theres to much " dolls" in the mid of the anime cause u almoust never watch the character's real face, and yea karekano main character face is gorgeous </li>
<li> Tenjou Tenje - good fightings. </li>
</body>
</html>

Last edited by hold; 2008-03-26 at 19:02. Reason: ups html code doesnt work ssorry about that :P
Old 2008-03-26, 20:28   Link #22
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
The list may change at any moment in time but here are what i THINK are my top 10 at the moment...

#1 Aishiteruze Baby- It was so cute and heart warming that I couldn't stop watching it. The character Yuzuyu is my favorite anime character.

#2 Kanon 2006- I loved this anime because of the extremely good stories behind each character. I liked this anime so much that it made me watch all of Clannad just because they were from the same makers. (Sidenote: I didn't like Clannad nearly as much, but that's just me...)

#3 Neon Genesis Evangelion- Though its not my favorite of all time it is the first one that comes to mind whenever i think the word anime. I kind of see this series as being a must-watch that just isn't my favorite because I actually do not like mecha anime. Even though I dont like mecha, this was so good that it is number 3 on my all times list. (I've seen a little over 60 different series.)

#4 Cowboy Bebop- One of the main reasons that I like Cowboy Bebop so much is that Spike uses Jeet Kune Do. I have been training in Jeet Kune Do and mixed martial arts for a while now and I love how Spike's movements tend to stay true to the overall concepts of the arts. (In my opinion anyway, of course there are some embellishments in the anime.) Oh, and the music, crazy good.

#5 Midori No Hibi- This happens to be in my favorites list just because it was one of the first mangas that I had ever come to love. I loved the manga so much that after collecting all the chapters, I just had to watch the anime. Luckily, it was not a dissapointment. The concept of having a person on your right hand is so crazy...crazy good that is.

#6 Elemental Gelade- A lot of people don't like this one because of its "RPG" storyline and cliche features. I, on the other hand, was hooked to this anime after the first 3 episodes. Ren and Coud are one of my all time favorite couples in anime.

#7 Azumanga Daioh- It's just too funny to not have on the list. I usually tend to stay away from slice of life comedy but this anime was just too good.

#8 Scryed- Scryed was one of the first animes that I started out on. I do like action animes like Bleach, Flames of Recca, and Yu Yu Hakusho but usually never to the extent that they would be anywhere near my top 10s list but Scryed was an exception. Scryed also features my favorite weapon (in anime) of all time: THE ETERNITY 8.

#9 Detective Conan- I just can't forget this series because it is so wickedly clever. I really think that some of the episodes in this series rival Sherlock and Poirot.

#10 Nodame Cantabile- I've been playing the piano for the last 7 years and my favorite type of music just happens to be classical. When I found Nodame Cantabile for the first time I knew that it was going to be good, and it was.
Old 2008-03-26, 20:41   Link #23
maymay
Inactive~

1. Higurashi no naku koroni
2. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
3. Spice and Wolf
4. Beck
5. Wolf's Rain
6. Full Metal Panic
7. Black Lagoon
8. Elfen Lied
9. Kino's Journey
10. Monster
+ every movie ever made by studio ghibli
Old 2008-03-27, 12:00   Link #24
7Th
Mixtape

FLCL
Only Yesterday
Gurren-Lagann
Robot Carnival
Future Boy Conan
Jin Roh
Patlabor
Mind Game
Horus: Prince of the Sun
Haibane Renmei
Old 2008-05-07, 07:11   Link #25
SNT
Special

Best Animes

I couldn't see such a thread, so I thought of creating one, because it seems very relevant to me. We should write a list of our beloved animes (10-15) with a rating (from 1 to 10), I mean the animes u liked/loved most, such that other people can choose better .
The rating will be like :
10 - perfect (it changed my way of thinking/it had a big impact on me)
9 - excellent (it was indeed a unique series, also with an impact)
8 - extraordinary (almost excellent, maybe with smth that could have been improved-like the ending)
7 - very good (smth I liked a lot, that made me feel very good wile watching, but with no impact on my way of seeing things/feelings)
6 - good (smth that deserves watching, but it doesn't have anything special, it's just that u enjoy watching it)
<6 - nothing on my list

SO this is my list of favourite animes (for info search wikipedia/watch some amvs):

1. Elfen Lied - 10 (my favourite anime ever)
1'.Hantsuki - 10 (I have just seen it)
2. Spice and Wolf - 10
3. Myself; Yourself - 9
4. EF - a Tale of Memories - 9
5. Death Note - 9
6. Sola - 8 (it could have been at least a 9, but for the ending)
7. True Tears - 8
8. They are my Noble Masters - 8
9. Rosario + Vampire - 8
10. Bleach - 8
11. Inuyasha - 8
12. Full Metal Alchemist - 8
13. Chobits - 7
14. D Gray-Man - 7
15. Vampire Knight - 7

Btw, I am the adept of Romance-comedy-SF genre . Enjoy watching .

Last edited by SNT; 2008-05-08 at 12:41.
Old 2008-05-07, 07:50   Link #26
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Actually there are some threads you might have missed. Here in the Suggestions forum we have a List your Top Five thread. Searching the General Anime forum for thread titles containing the word "favorite" brings up dozens of lists.

Edit: My choices are not surprisingly in my signature

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-05-08 at 11:58. Reason: my favorites
Old 2008-05-07, 23:53   Link #27
kjk8288
Caffein &gt; Sleep

Welcome to the NHK-10
Byousoku 5 centimeter- 10
Gankutsou: The count of Monte Cristo- 10
Hantsuki-9
Death note-9
Darker than black- 8
Scrapped princess- 8
Romeo X Juliet- 8
Full metal panic, fumoffu, tsr- 8
Last exile- 8 (for the insane artwork)
Overdrive- 8
Code Geass- 8
Speed Grapher- 8
Baccano!- 7
Aishiteru ze baby- 7

Those are my top 15 I think lol, it changes very often.....
Old 2008-05-08, 00:18   Link #28
jedinat

Wow, if you guys have 7/10s in your top 15, you haven't seen many anime.
SNT especially; you've got some indisputable crap on your list.

Not sure if this thread will stick around, but I'll do a quick copy/paste:
Aria the Natural
Aria the Origination
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Hachimitsu to Clover
Haibane Renmei
Hellsing
Hellsing (2006)
Juuni Kokuki
Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd
Mushishi
Trigun
Aishiteru ze Baby
Azumanga Daiou
Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied
Fruits Basket
Furi Kuri
Genshiken
Howl no Ugoku Shiro
Ichigo Mashimaro
Inuyasha
Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu
Kaleido Star
Kamichu!
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED
Kino no Tabi: the Beautiful World
Majo no Takkyuubin
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Maria-sama ga Miteru: Haru
Midori no Hibi
Mimi wo Sumaseba
Noir
Onegai Teacher
Ouran Koukou Host Club
Pale Cocoon
Ranma 1/2
Rec
R.O.D - the TV
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen
Seikai no Monshou
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Uchuu no Stellvia
Witch Hunter Robin
xxxHOLiC
Those got either a 9 or 10 from me, no particular order.
Old 2008-05-08, 00:28   Link #29
kjk8288
Caffein &gt; Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Wow, if you guys have 7/10s in your top 15, you haven't seen many anime.
SNT especially; you've got some indisputable crap on your list.

Not sure if this thread will stick around, but I'll do a quick copy/paste:
Aria the Natural
Aria the Origination
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Hachimitsu to Clover
Haibane Renmei
Hellsing
Hellsing (2006)
Juuni Kokuki
Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd
Mushishi
Trigun
Aishiteru ze Baby
Azumanga Daiou
Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied
Fruits Basket
Furi Kuri
Genshiken
Howl no Ugoku Shiro
Ichigo Mashimaro
Inuyasha
Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu
Kaleido Star
Kamichu!
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED
Kino no Tabi: the Beautiful World
Majo no Takkyuubin
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Maria-sama ga Miteru: Haru
Midori no Hibi
Mimi wo Sumaseba
Noir
Onegai Teacher
Ouran Koukou Host Club
Pale Cocoon
Ranma 1/2
Rec
R.O.D - the TV
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen
Seikai no Monshou
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Uchuu no Stellvia
Witch Hunter Robin
xxxHOLiC
Those got either a 9 or 10 from me, no particular order.
So much for top 15 lol.... Considering your list, I think you have a pretty low standard... Not sure how you can get a big impact off most of the shows on your list (if you read his post, 8+ is something that leaves an impact), especially those slice of life and comedy ones. Don't discourage SNT because he has his own personal favourites lol....

Last edited by kjk8288; 2008-05-08 at 00:46.
Old 2008-05-08, 02:10   Link #30
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk8288 View Post
So much for top 15 lol.... Considering your list, I think you have a pretty low standard... Not sure how you can get a big impact off most of the shows on your list (if you read his post, 8+ is something that leaves an impact), especially those slice of life and comedy ones. Don't discourage SNT because he has his own personal favourites lol....
As SeijiSensei posted, this thread isn't unique so I didn't think it worth seriously contemplating a list. (it'll likely be deleted/merged) I just copied them from my anidb list that I've occassionally updated. Nearly all the anime on that list left an impact. Slice of life anime tend to effect me a lot more than dramatic shounen crap. My disparaging SNT's list is greatly based on seeing They are my Noble Masters and Rosario + Vampire listed, which are awful no matter how you look at them. "8 - extraordinary (almost excellent, maybe with smth that could have been improved-like the ending)"???

As to my standard being low... I consider myself fairly picky. I do think I have strange predispositions towards certain plots and elements. That list is but a small fraction of what I have seen. 10; the series is practically perfect. Only a few series of those listed are 10. Aria the Origination which I just finished today is the newest addition to that lauded grade. The majority up there got 9's, which means I plain loved the show, but I grant that it isn't perfect. Eh, but they're just numbers anyways, lol.

Last edited by jedinat; 2008-05-08 at 02:33.
Old 2008-05-08, 02:26   Link #31
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT View Post
1. Elfen Lied - 10 (my favourite anime ever)
2. Spice and Wolf - 10
3. Myself; Yourself - 9
4. EF - a Tale of Memories - 9
5. Death Note - 9
6. Sola - 8 (it could have been at least a 9, but for the ending)
7. True Tears - 8
8. They are my Noble Masters - 8
9. Rosario + Vampire - 8
10. Bleach - 8
11. Inuyasha - 8
12. Full Metal Alchemist - 8
13. Chobits - 7
14. D Gray-Man - 7
15. Vampire Knight - 7
Ahhh, I approve.
I personally find "extraordinary" to be more extraordinary than "excellent" is, though.
Quote:
Btw, I am the adept of Romance-comedy-SF genre . Enjoy watching .
And you don't have Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, REC, or any of the J.C. Staff - Kasai anime in your top 15?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk8288 View Post
If you've seen 200 anime series/movies/etc. as opposed to say... 100, you're bound to have more 9's and 10's.

Also, I rate a bit differently, especially when it's that difficult to differentiate "excellent" and "extraordinary", my rating scale is something like this:
10 - Masterpiece. Yes, that's what it says all on all of those sites and such too.
9 - There isn't much difference between 9's and 10's, just that my 10's are my three favourite at the time, so it's purely subjective.
8 - Excellent. These are the ones that were either meaningful or very enjoyable. They lacked something that doesn't quite make them a 9/10, though.
7 - Very Good. There's a pretty big difference between my 7's and 8's, and a lot of anime I like a lot is grouped into my large 7 group.
6 - Good. Enjoyable, but nothing particularly memorable.
etc.
That being said, here are my 9's and 10's from memory, not really but kind of in order:
ef - a tale of memories
5 Centimeters per Second
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (it's up here for the impact. I credit Haruhi for turning me into a more hardcore anime fan.)

Kanon 2006
Air
Shakugan no Shana
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Elfen Lied
Baccano!
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Clannad

So yeah, that's about as indepth as I'll go.
Quote:
My disparaging SNT's list is greatly based on seeing They are my Noble Masters and Rosario + Vampire listed, which are awful no matter how you look at them. "8 - extraordinary (almost excellent, maybe with smth that could have been improved-like the ending)"???
No wayy, half of one of the episodes of Kimi ga Aruji de Shituji ga Ore de was one of the most enjoyable parts of the winter season. (that one part with excessive anime references.)
Aside from that, they were both bad, even compared to the weak Winter Season.
Old 2008-05-08, 11:54   Link #32
BladeStone

I'll second Kanon 2006. Watch it . . .
Old 2008-05-08, 12:35   Link #33
SNT
Special

" And you don't have Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, REC, or any of the J.C. Staff - Kasai anime in your top 15?"

Yep you are right I have just seen Hantsuki (or Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora) yesterday night and I gave it a 10 !!! . I also tried the others (both of them u told about), but I didn't really like them sry for my bad taste .

And for u Jedinat, just because u don't have a social life and u watch everything that comes to hand, that doesn't mean u can judge the others opinions and tastes (u didn't even read my system of rating from what I can see - >8 for me is smth really special and not average), so please don't talk about things u don't really understand. And about the 2 animes u commented in a negative way (Rosario+Vampire and They are my Noble Masters),I see that u were again blinded , because I have already said that I like the comedy genre very much, so I hope that till next time u will learn to READ properly what others say and not between lines, and also stop beeing so ironically about others I hate this part at humans .

BTW, as I already said, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora just became last night one of my favourite animes ever
Old 2008-05-08, 12:37   Link #34
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Rating Scale:

10: Masterpiece
9: Outstanding, memorable, and usually has some kind of personal impact
8: Excellent, meaningful, and often addictive. Ratings of 8 or higher are considered exceptionally good.
-----
7: Very good. Most anime I enjoy goes here.
6: Good, enjoyable. Most anime I watch starts here.
5: Average, kept my interest somewhat, but nothing too memorable.
4: Below average, watching it feels like an obligation.
3: Very bad, but I only watched it due to obligation. (if finished)
2: Painful, why did I watch this at all? (if finished)
1: Nightmare beyond words. Thankfully I've never rated anything this low.

If this were a 1-100 scale, then my 1-6 would be 1-30, 7 would be 31-90, and 8-10 would be 91-100, with 31 being "very good," if you know what I mean. In short, from 7 to 8 is a very big, big jump. Ratings of 9 and 10 are interchangeable most of the time.

I'll give my 8-10 ratings. Note that anime of the same rating are not in any order. I do not like Bokurano more than Cardcaptor Sakura.

-10-
Elfen Lied
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen

-9-
Bokurano
5 Centimeters per Second
Cardcaptor Sakura
Haibane Renmei
Nausicaa of the Valley of the wind
SaiKano
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Place Promised in Our Early Days
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!
Gunslinger Girl
Seirei no Moribito (?)
Clannad
Air
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's (?)

-8-
Naruto (1-135)
Bleach - Memories of Nobody
Claymore
Cowboy Bebop
ef - a tale of memories
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Kino's Journey, Kino's Journey: Life Goes On
Mahoromatic, Mahoromatic 2
Nodame Cantabile
REC
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Shakugan no Shana

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-05-08 at 23:07.
Old 2008-05-08, 13:29   Link #35
jedinat

Quote:
And for u Jedinat, just because u don't have a social life and u watch everything that comes to hand, that doesn't mean u can judge the others opinions and tastes (u didn't even read my system of rating from what I can see - >8 for me is smth really special and not average), so please don't talk about things u don't really understand. And about the 2 animes u commented in a negative way (Rosario+Vampire and They are my Noble Masters),I see that u were again blinded , because I have already said that I like the comedy genre very much, so I hope that till next time u will learn to READ properly what others say and not between lines, and also stop beeing so ironically about others I hate this part at humans .
I don't see where I was being ironic; but I do acknowledge that, you being an obviously intelligent and thoughtful person--having made no assumptions about myself, nor read between any lines of my writing--are better able to judge and ascertain any irony that I may have missed.
Old 2008-05-08, 16:16   Link #36
kjk8288
Caffein &gt; Sleep

Quote:
I don't see where I was being ironic; but I do acknowledge that, you being an obviously intelligent and thoughtful person--having made no assumptions about myself, nor read between any lines of my writing--are better able to judge and ascertain any irony that I may have missed.
LoL at that :P thumbs up. Favourites are just opinions anyways, nobody needs to fight over it...
Old 2008-05-08, 16:24   Link #37
devildog23
Summerlurking

This isn't a battle of who can use the biggest words or be the biggest a-hole you know. I won't name any names. If its on their favorites, its on THEIR favorites. What point is there to belittling their list?

Based on SNT's scale
1) Neon Genesis Evangelion - 10
2) School Rumble - 10
3) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - 10
4) Fate/Stay Night - 9
5) Darker than Black - 9
6) Rurouni Kenshin - 9
7) Elfen Lied - 9
8) D. Grayman - 9
9) Overdrive - 9
10) BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad - 9
11) Seto no Hanayome - 8
12) Claymore - 8
13) Welcome to the NHK! - 8
14) Mushi-Uta - 8
15) Rental Magica - 8
Old 2008-05-08, 19:14   Link #38
GreatTeacherKen

I agree with the previous two posters. Arguing over favorites lists is just ridiculous/pointless.

Anyway, here are my favorites:

1. Grave of the Fireflies - 10: 1st fictional work to make me cry though it's probably TOO good because I have yet to work up the nerve to watch it again.

2. Cowboy Bebop - 10: Everyone has pretty much praised the show to death, so there's not much more I add. Great characters, music, and animation.

3. Gakuen Utopia Manabi straight - 10: This one totally surprised me when I finished it. I didn't expect to like it much as I did. I ended up loving all of the characters to the point where I felt what they felt in any given scene. When they were happy, I was happy, when they were sad, I was sad, etc.

4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - 10: My most re-watched anime. Very funny, and there's a lot of stuff going on in the background that's fun to catch and enhances subsequent viewings.

5. Kino's Journey - 10: Thought- provoking without being preachy

and an honorable mention to GTO - 10: It has my favorite anime character and the show blends humor and seriousness very well. The only reason it's not on my favorites is because the last 2 episodes aren't quite as strong as the rest of the series though they aren't bad.
Old 2008-05-08, 22:09   Link #39
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Thread should be merged with either:
Your Top 10 Anime?
or
List your top 5 best anime!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2008-05-08, 22:31   Link #40
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Yep you are right I have just seen Hantsuki (or Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora) yesterday night and I gave it a 10 !!! . I also tried the others (both of them u told about), but I didn't really like them sry for my bad taste .
Yeah, you have terrible taste in anime.

Ah, I'm kidding. I don't know why you don't like REC, but I know Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is hit or miss.
Quote:
Spoiler for Crap:
Oh wow.

But in defense of Jedinat, if I had been watching anime for a year longer than I have, I'm sure I would have picked up at least 50-100 more series in that time, so if he's just been watching anime for a few years longer than you have, he will obviously have seen a lot more anime than you have.
Quote:
And about the 2 animes u commented in a negative way (Rosario+Vampire and They are my Noble Masters),I see that u were again blinded , because I have already said that I like the comedy genre very much, so I hope that till next time u will learn to READ properly what others say and not between lines, and also stop beeing so ironically about others I hate this part at humans.
Not to be a total bitch or anything, but even in comparison to the rest of the comedy genre, I still don't think either of those are very good.

Quote:
BTW, as I already said, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora just became last night one of my favourite animes ever
Good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Thread should be merged with either:
Your Top 10 Anime?
or
List your top 5 best anime!
Actually, let's see if we can get everyone's top five into one and the other ten into another.
Closed Thread

Tags
lists, top ten