Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-08, 21:34   Link #881
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I can't see any reason for hating mushishi.
You're going to find at least some people out there that are going to say Mushishi isn't there thing. Of course i can understand that, though i don't see a reason as to why 'hate' would come into it, so yeah i agree with you.
Old 2008-05-09, 02:21   Link #882
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You're going to find at least some people out there that are going to say Mushishi isn't there thing. Of course i can understand that, though i don't see a reason as to why 'hate' would come into it, so yeah i agree with you.
Man, I try to get a couple of my friends into it yet only one has fully enjoyed it. The rest said it was "boring" so I consider that hate for not giving Mushishi a shot.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 04:05   Link #883
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
Man, I try to get a couple of my friends into it yet only one has fully enjoyed it. The rest said it was "boring" so I consider that hate for not giving Mushishi a shot.
''Hate might br a too big word for finding someting ''boring''. I was fully aware before than Mushishi is not for everyone, it sure. If the ''big boob/cheap fanservice'' or ''shounen action'' is your highest expectation, Mushishi might have no appeal.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 03:04   Link #884
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
''Hate might br a too big word for finding someting ''boring''. I was fully aware before than Mushishi is not for everyone, it sure. If the ''big boob/cheap fanservice'' or ''shounen action'' is your highest expectation, Mushishi might have no appeal.
Mushishi is full of flat chested/expensive fanservice, as well as supernatural action. It therefore has fan service and action. In fact, most of the ladies in Mushishi (a big part of the story and draw) may not be flat chested, we just don't know because the ubiquitous kimono, properly worn, is notorious for de-emphasizing a woman's assets.

What was my point? Oh yeah. Mushishi is nothing but fanservice and action, strange how it doesn't draw more people. Smart licensees should learn to package the DVDs better in order to deceive unsuspecting casual anime browsers. Dress Tanyuu in something else, like a bikinis. Anime's a business, and in order to prolong the series money needs to be brought in, whatever the cost.
Old 2008-05-12, 04:43   Link #885
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
"Oh Ginko~..."
*parts her kimono to reveal sexy black legs*

I remember watching the trailer for Kurau a month ago on YouTube and I found it odd because the story's primarily about drama but ADV's advertisers hyped-up the sci-fi and action aspects. Methinks it's not really a good idea to create misleading descriptions/trailers/ads unless it's done for comic purposes.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 04:58   Link #886
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
[I]"I remember watching the trailer for Kurau a month ago on YouTube and I found it odd because the story's primarily about drama but ADV's advertisers hyped-up the sci-fi and action aspects. Methinks it's not really a good idea to create misleading descriptions/trailers/ads unless it's done for comic purposes.
I agree, the trailers are not fitting the serie, it look like a action/suspence serie.
By the way it is not ADV than got the right for musushi but Funimation.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 05:04   Link #887
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
"Oh Ginko~..."
*parts her kimono to reveal sexy black legs*

I remember watching the trailer for Kurau a month ago on YouTube and I found it odd because the story's primarily about drama but ADV's advertisers hyped-up the sci-fi and action aspects. Methinks it's not really a good idea to create misleading descriptions/trailers/ads unless it's done for comic purposes.
No. Just no.
I marvel at your ability to come up with hypothetical out-of-character situations like this. Really.

On the trailer thing, I'd say the fault is ADV's. Funi's official site at least, looks like it purports to be what the series is. Not to mention it's not like ADV's having their first bad trailer...

Gurren Lagann...
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 05:47   Link #888
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
No. Just no.
I marvel at your ability to come up with hypothetical out-of-character situations like this. Really.

On the trailer thing, I'd say the fault is ADV's. Funi's official site at least, looks like it purports to be what the series is. Not to mention it's not like ADV's having their first bad trailer...

Gurren Lagann...
The Sparta/300 Spoof trailer would've done just fine for the Gurren Lagann official trailer.

Yeah, that image was kind of disturbing. If anything, Tanyuu would reveal her other good leg.
Old 2008-05-12, 06:34   Link #889
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Dress Tanyuu in something else, like a bikinis. Anime's a business, and in order to prolong the series money needs to be brought in, whatever the cost.
Mushishi day at the beach episode. Ginko and Tanyuu get seprated from the rest of the group, eventually discovering feelings for each other that weren't there before.

Oh yes.
Old 2008-05-12, 16:27   Link #890
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Although that wouldn't be fitting for the series it would still be a heck of a fun thing to watch. If anything like that ever came out I'd watch it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 16:29   Link #891
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Although that wouldn't be fitting for the series it would still be a heck of a fun thing to watch. If anything like that ever came out I'd watch it.
If it would happen, then it would be something like DVD special.

But yeah, i don't really want it to happen.
Old 2008-05-13, 12:48   Link #892
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Mushishi day at the beach episode. Ginko and Tanyuu get seprated from the rest of the group, eventually discovering feelings for each other that weren't there before.

Oh yes.
Beach episode? Nay, my good friend. The hot spring episode would undoubtedly come first.

Think about it. Ginko is walking on a mountain path, when lo and behold, he finds the spring to end all springs. Untouched by man, beautiful yet eerie, a veritable source of mushi life yet to be discovered... so he invites Tanyuu and the other girls to check it out.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 13:00   Link #893
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
so he invites Tanyuu and the other girls to check it out.
We all know Ginko very well after seeing him on his travels, so we know he'd go in alone.
Old 2008-05-13, 13:21   Link #894
kujoe
from head to heel

Not in my version of Mushishi.

Though I imagine it's going to be days for the girls to get there. In that case, he'll be testing the waters in the meantime.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 17:48   Link #895
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The Ginko I know would discover a rare variety of mushi in the hot spring that takes on the form of a traveler's fantasy girl and survives by the absorbing the life force of men. Naturally he'd have to give it enough sensual bliss to make it move on to the next phase of its life cycle.

Now I just have to hope nobody ever writes that fanfic.

Appologies to all the Tanyu fans, but you should know that would be OOC for Ginko to be such a joiner.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 05:14   Link #896
asunder
the ancient biter

in case anyone is interested: Interview with Hiroshi Nagahama

http://www.zannen.ca/nagahama.mp3

from ann
Quote:
The Zannen, Canada website posted an interview with Hiroshi Nagahama, the director and series script supervisor of the acclaimed supernatural drama anime series Mushi-Shi. Nagahama also directed the Jubei-Chan 2: The Counter Attack of Siberia Yagyu ninja comedy, and he is currently directing the animated version of the Detroit Metal City rock parody manga.
asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 11:09   Link #897
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Unfortunately I couldn't get it to load, but unless there is some Mushishi talk involved I'm not to bummed about not hearing it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 11:22   Link #898
asunder
the ancient biter

54 minute interview:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/26qre3

Mushishi discussion from 16:08 - 42:50
Old 2008-07-21, 22:32   Link #899
ginko51

Hmm. I dunno.

Last edited by ginko51; 2012-08-27 at 18:17.
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 22:50   Link #900
asunder
the ancient biter

@Endow: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6l3xew

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural