AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-29, 02:34   Link #41
Capoeira

Send a message via AIM to Capoeira
I felt let down by the ending. I posted this over at AN:

The first 20 minutes were just running around and not getting much accomplished at all, though some things were important, it was really dragging and wasting time. The ending was not nearly powerful enough.

Midori: "Suki desu."
Seiji: "I know."
The End.
*Cue obligatory ending character-clips with theme song playing*

Wow. That's really $hitty. For a series that was very good and I sincerely enjoyed, they really pissed me off by doing that.

So what about the side characters? They got shafted too. Just a few frames wrapping them up. Perhaps I should give credit where it's due, and remark that did not ruin the anime with its ending, or that since the manga is still running they did a fairly good job. I won't give any such credit because its not due. True, the ending did not ruin the anime. And yes, it could have been worse, after all the manga has yet to end. But it was not a good ending.
Old 2004-06-29, 03:45   Link #42
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Ending was too good, haven't been satisfied by and ending for a while until now, but i really wanted to see Seiji actually say he loved midori. I feel sad for Ayase and Kouta too. Human Midori head is still quite large, one would think seeing SD hand midori for so long, that human Midori's head would look normal in comparison, but no, it still looks large and unwieldy on a kawaii lolita type character. Her mom looks less cranially endowed, even hot maybe, rarr. Maybe its the hair.

Ending was so fuzzy wuzzy lovey dovey giggly wiggly, going into the theme song and all.
Old 2004-06-29, 04:10   Link #43
Jn183

End as I expected which isn't a good thing. Glad to see it ended. And Midori is still an annoying gal even in human form. I think it was Ayase that kept me following this show. *Sigh* oh well.....
Old 2004-06-29, 09:36   Link #44
xavier8200

I dont care what anyone says I would have chosen Ayase, Seiji would have as well if he saw those poses and stretches Ayase was doing.
Old 2004-06-29, 12:09   Link #45
K_R
also known as K!

I don't know why everyone like Ayase. Emotional maturity of a 13 year old girl. I think LIQUIDCELL summed up Ayase pretty well, so I won't repeat anything.

One thing I've noticed is that female viewers tend to like the Seiji/Midori pairing over Seiji/Ayase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Apparently Anime Empire is "selling" fanart (by an artist in A-E) of Midori. I want to see Rin artwork instead...
Maybe someone in Seichi should draw Rin so we could make some money too!
Old 2004-06-29, 12:55   Link #46
xavier8200

Personally, the determination and aggressiveness of Ayase is what won me over. I mean Midori is nice and would make to be the perfect spouse, but Midori's insecurity would be a problem down the line. I know that her not being able to tell Seiji her feelings was a one time thing but what if it isn't? that indecisiveness or rather skidish nature would be a problem for me.

Also you just cant teach that down right lustfull sexual predator nature of Ayase. Some girls have it and some girls dont. She was a rookie when it comes to her feelings but that can be learned over the months or years.

IMHO you marry Midori, but you go home with Ayase
Old 2004-06-29, 13:18   Link #47
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUIDCELL
Yeah, she only noticed him after he saved her; she played the role of damsel in distress, and what she might have caught after that, was just nothing but a serious doze of infatuation.

I mean, they were classmates, and all she ever did was bitchslapped him with her preachings about being [a] egotistic/bully. Yeah, talk about judging a person basing solely on their reputation. Is to me, a sign of a weak character.

And quite frankly, compared to Midori, who has only glanced him from afar & has loved him for ages, rightfully deserved the grand prize.
Pffft. Midori didn't love Seiji any more than Ayase. Midori didn't even know him. At least Ayase went to school with him and eventually went out with him a couple times.

Seiji and Ayase were made for eachother. They both put up a tough front but are pretty sweet inside. Having to break through eachother's outter shells and learing how loving they really are, that's a romance story. None of this "I've been stalking you for years and know nothing about you but I love you" nonsence. I could go to jail if I tried that.
Old 2004-06-29, 13:40   Link #48
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
One of two reasons you didn't like the ending was because he didn't wear a scarf?
Although it's too late now, I think the ending would have been better if the two had put on the scarf while it was snowing, at which point Midori remembers everything that happened while she was asleep.
Old 2004-06-29, 13:54   Link #49
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
It was a good ending. I liked it. Sort of corny though, but you can't ask for everything.

With Midori and Seiji together the two can make up for each other's weaknesses. Seiji will never need to eat tofu steak again with Midori being so rich and Midori gets a boyfriend. Everything ended beautifully happy without any possibility of a second season.

Oh by the way Midori reminds of Hinata too when she is in her body.
Old 2004-06-29, 14:55   Link #50
Dark_Voodoo
In The Navy

Well I must say that i actually liked the ending, okey I admit it was frustrating that Seiji never said that he loved Midori, and yes he sould have atleast worn hear scarf. I admit that these two things frustrate me (alot).
Okey you might be right it was kinda a quick ending with ayase and she does deserve a bigger spot in the plot line than what she got. Also I do think that 13 epsiodes where a little bit short and that there could have been more episodes ( god knows there where many things left from the Manga)

I do realize that I'v now commented about almost every thing in the last epsiode, so what was it that I liked about it? well....

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-29, 14:59   Link #51
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

I didn't really like the ending, and thinking about it the serie too was not that good. Midori gets Seiji, they go aout and all. The other rival lovers are alone yet living their lives "hapilly" or should i say without disturbing the love of the principal characters. Why do guys choose the gentle girls with a childish voice?
Old 2004-06-29, 16:25   Link #52
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I for one would have taken Ayase over Midori (personally, I like the tomboyish types more than the girls that sit by themselves in the corner fauning over me... and we all know I have dozens of girls that do that. I mean, they practically kill each other with stuttering attacks as they fight for my non-recognition). Seiji, on the other hand, is an idiot.
Old 2004-06-29, 17:56   Link #53
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This episode for me was a curiosity to watch. It did not made me felt nostalgic for reminding that the series finished. Which is strange since the many anime that I had done with, left me craving for more episodes to be produced.

That means that I'm pleased at how things turned out quite nicely wrapped at the end, therefore, theres no need for me to ask for a second season.

Here are my thoughts.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Seiji, on the other hand, is an idiot
Why you're so mean? Snoopy, give the lad another chance, he deserves it.
Old 2004-06-29, 19:32   Link #54
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler:

Why you're so mean? Snoopy, give the lad another chance, he deserves it.
Spoiler:

Seiji already had his chance. The show's over, if you don't like him now, you never will.
Old 2004-06-29, 21:00   Link #55
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
I don't know why everyone like Ayase. Emotional maturity of a 13 year old girl.
uh huh... yes... I'm pretty sure then that a girl whining and pining over a guy she doesn't even know and 'loves' him just thinking he looks cool and thinks he is the guy for her such that she is willing to stay his hand forever ignoring her distraught mother is wonderfully more mature than a 3 year old...

Yes, first off I do prefer the character of Ayase as a more compatible match for Seiji.

But in analysis of the characters of Ayase and Midori, you get the feeling that....

Midori = Absolute slave to pander to one's desires. You don't have to do anything at all to deserve her attention (You're the ONE in her mind). She will debauch herself to make you 'like' her. Her innocence comes into play here. A perfect combination of sex slave, devoted servant and innocence of a lolita. With her, you will never fear rejection because she is 10000% blindly devoted to you. Just do whatever you want and she will come tagging along, licking your heels as you go (as long as you keep saying "You're the only one for me. I love you" every once in a blue moon).

Ayase = Spicy, spunky challenge. With Ayase, you are getting someone quite challenging. She can be the dominatrix or the sultry girlfriend. She can think for herself. She can liven up lives with her fantasies, planning out scenarios to share in. You can call her your sassy girlfriend. She doesn't just obstruct others in their quest for your attention. She is competitive in her efforts to prove that she is worthy of attention (better than the rest) rather than simply blocking others in their efforts. She decided that she likes you not because of a blind ideal but rather she does see something that others would have chosen to ignore. Knowing that she has independent thinking in her love decisions, she is a challenge to have a relationship with, not a mindless sex slave but someone you would really have an interesting life with because you two have to work together to maintain that relationship.
Old 2004-06-29, 21:06   Link #56
kool_dudy

Hmm...

people who wants a challenge = go with Ayase

people who wants a simple life = go with midori <---me

now stop flaming others just because others don't like ayase or midori...it was a good series...don't make it bad...
Old 2004-06-29, 21:19   Link #57
xfordained
you should die

i wanted more of that doll pervert only reason why i kept watching it he was so funny didnt really care for the shy girl/ tuff guy bullshit this was one of those shows that u just watch for the comedy then it all goes away and ur left with a half decent plot
Old 2004-06-29, 22:56   Link #58
K_R
also known as K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Midori = Absolute slave to pander to one's desires. You don't have to do anything at all to deserve her attention (You're the ONE in her mind). She will debauch herself to make you 'like' her.
I think you need to rewatch the series. It is Takako and not Midori who is utterly infatuated with Seiji. Does Midori write pages and pages of exam notes with colourful illustration for someone who's not her boyfriend? Does Midori knit a scarf for someone that she's not already with? (Just think about this situation, if some girl went up to you and gave you a /hand-made/ scarf, wouldn't you be somewhat weirded out?) Does Midori parade herself in front of Seiji wearing only swimsuits?

Takako is more likely to debauch herself to get Seiji's attention. Almost all her actions are centred around "make Seiji my boyfriend!". At least she had the good sense to give up on Seiji after he flat out rejected her, otherwise she probably would have turned into one of those utterly obsessed people who progress to becoming stalkers.
Old 2004-06-29, 23:18   Link #59
onizukaPwns
smiles with big mouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfordained
i wanted more of that doll pervert only reason why i kept watching it he was so funny didnt really care for the shy girl/ tuff guy bullshit this was one of those shows that u just watch for the comedy then it all goes away and ur left with a half decent plot
i ddint watch the show for the doll guy, but true.. too true.. i only watched it for the comedy T.T
Old 2004-06-30, 02:24   Link #60
Rotweiler

Quote:
I for one would have taken Ayase over Midori (personally, I like the tomboyish types more than the girls that sit by themselves in the corner fauning over me... and we all know I have dozens of girls that do that. I mean, they practically kill each other with stuttering attacks as they fight for my non-recognition).
Snoopy, you always talk big. But I know many guys like you who talk big but always end up cowering when they get face to face with a strong female personality. Just like that Takamizawa guy. Like that time when you said that you'll rather squash your own hand than letting something like Midori shows up on your hand. I like to see that happen.

Quote:
uh huh... yes... I'm pretty sure then that a girl whining and pining over a guy she doesn't even know and 'loves' him just thinking he looks cool
Maybe you really should watch the anime or read the manga again. Midori, just like Ayase has seen the kind acts that Seiji has done for others. That is why she started pining for him.

Quote:
Midori = Absolute slave to pander to one's desires. You don't have to do anything at all to deserve her attention (You're the ONE in her mind). She will debauch herself to make you 'like' her.
Yeah, that is why she rejected Takamizawa who is crazy about her. Pander to one desire's? The last time I check Midori is not the one who was parading in swimsuit in front of the guy that she likes.

Quote:
She is competitive in her efforts to prove that she is worthy of attention (better than the rest) rather than simply blocking others in their efforts.
U-huh. That is why Ayase never tried to block Lucy's attempt to be lovey-dovey with Sawamura. Oh, wait...

[quote]She decided that she likes you not because of a blind ideal but rather she does see something that others would have chosen to ignore. Knowing that
Quote:
she has independent thinking in her love decisions, she is a challenge to have a relationship with, not a mindless sex slave
Suure. That is why she puts on that swimsuit to attract Seiji's attention. What turns me off the most about Ayase is that she's the type of girls who flaunt her sexuality one minute but then screams "Hentai!!!" when a guy trying to kiss her.
Wish she will make up her mind for once if she's a sex kitten or a shy tease.
Closed Thread