AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-16, 23:21   Link #801
Miraluka
Banned

Lol at this point Tomoko is on the verge of becoming lesbian

Even Corpse Party's dead character wouldn't be friends with Tomoko XD.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 23:59   Link #802
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Images
Tomoko cosplay
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hmm...

Endless "That mischiveous grin" Soul
Old 2013-09-17, 00:41   Link #803
erika4dsl

My favorite episode so far.
This episode was much needed after last week, ahhh I was so happy.
The committee girl is my favorite side character, it's like maybe she used to be really shy and lonely like Tomoko and noticed that, or maybe she's just really observant and wanted to make Tomoko happy. Either ways, I have such a crush on her! Nice people are wonderful, aren't they!
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 01:32   Link #804
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
My favorite episode so far.
This episode was much needed after last week, ahhh I was so happy.
The committee girl is my favorite side character, it's like maybe she used to be really shy and lonely like Tomoko and noticed that, or maybe she's just really observant and wanted to make Tomoko happy. Either ways, I have such a crush on her! Nice people are wonderful, aren't they!
Totally agree! For once she was genuinely happy +1 for the chairman
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 02:18   Link #805
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
I love when she calls even Yuu a "bitch". "This bitch is my friend, you know?"
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 03:12   Link #806
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Images
Tomoko cosplay
+5 realistic
Old 2013-09-17, 04:26   Link #807
Dr. Casey

welp, time for another episode of Watamote, the anime that is ostensibly a comedy. Where did I put my six-pack of beer, I need something to prepare myself for the upcoming awkwardne -

... wait, never mind. This episode threw a curve ball and gave us a genuinely happy episode. Not the 'Tomoko finds scraps of happiness in relatively empty experiences because they're worth more than what she's used to' variety of happy (ala watching the fireworks with her feline companion or spying on that love hotel with a pair of middle schoolers), but real, genuine warmth and happiness. Thanks for giving her a good day, Yuu. I've always felt that Tomoko's resentment towards Yuu is 50 percent jealousy and 50 percent feeling abandoned in favor of her new friends; I can definitely understand where she's coming from with the latter, but love isn't a zero-sum game, and hopefully the school festival will remind Tomoko of that fact.

Sometimes I wonder if Tomoko will become progressively more confident and sociable as the series goes along, and if so, that maybe the author intends this as a source of inspiration for those that are socially anxious and isolated (with the early portions of the story that season 1 encompasses meant to be relatable rather than inspirational). Would make for quite the helpful tool if so. But I might just be pulling things out my ass.

Ah, and even though 'Aitakatta' is a fairly stock phrase (seeing as it translates to 'I missed you'), I'll never be able to hear that phrase for as long as I live without thinking of AKB0048. Yuu (the one who spoke that) is total Center Nova material.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2015-05-07 at 16:06. Reason: meh
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 07:33   Link #808
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Images
Tomoko cosplay

Hmm...

Endless "That mischiveous grin" Soul
That's so legit! Good job finding it!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 07:57   Link #809
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.11

school fest on ready yet tomoko doing nothing as usual then want to paper slicing then got cut hand then cover-drink blood to bump into school fest member to get tomoko to nurse.

give school fest member have tomoko cheer up & be ready so tomoko go tried maid with horn outfit & invite yuu to ti give arrive on day 2.

while day 1 have balls of meat & concert give got tomoko to punk out then day 2 arrive here yuu so the 2 go have some fun yet did it bit well.

& oh school fest member seeing tomoko after day fest is over go in disguise mascot outfit to give balloon & hug tomoko to cheer up with did oh well go with the flow to cheer up.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 09:03   Link #810
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The committee girl was sooooo nice. This was a perfect opportunity for Tomoko to make a friend, but unfortunately she can barely string two words together when she talks to strangers. As a result, her interactions with her were kind of painful to watch.

That was probably the best episode for Tomoko so far in spite of this. For once her lies (working at the café) didn't end up biting her in the ass and she found herself having fun with Yuu at the festival. She was even hugged two times in one day. Good for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I love when she calls even Yuu a "bitch". "This bitch is my friend, you know?"
I hate it. Yuu is such a nice girl and a great friend to her, she doesn't deserve to be thought of as a bitch/slut
Old 2013-09-17, 09:44   Link #811
HandofFate

A more or less happy episode than the rest.
Expected this story to be the one to finish the season. But I think there might be one more episode.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 10:17   Link #812
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Capable and caring all at once? Committee girl for student council president, please!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 11:40   Link #813
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Committee Girl did what all of us has been wanting to do for the last 10 or so episodes. :P

Liked this one. A tad more cringy stuff then last episode. But it does seem like this show mellowed out towards the end. Sad to see there is only a few episodes left.

Hopefully they'll pick this one up for a second season.

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 12:35   Link #814
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

At long last, an overall positive episode.

Yeah, Tomoko still got some bad luck with the takoyaki she threw up (was it because she ate too much or because it was spoiled?) and her cutting her hand, but at least someone other than Yuu (who totally made Tomoko's day) looked out for her and gave her a hug when she knew she was alone. Tomoko needs more people like that.

Speaking of Tomoko, this is also one of the few episodes where she actually asked her fellow students to have her do something. She still needs to work on her social skills, though, because the girls were definitely creeped out and only gave in because she persisted (only to send two guys to help her, or take over, whichever way you wanna see it).

When Megumi asked for Tomoko at her class, I thought for a bit she'd find out Tomoko wasn't doing anything and get angry, her being head of the fair committee and all. Fortunately, she seemed to have picked up on Tomoko's shyness and loneliness and reached out to her at the right times. I hope she'll keep doing this from here on out and become Tomoko's first high school friend.

I liked the custom ED once again. Silver Link definitely knows when to set the right mood.
Old 2013-09-17, 14:05   Link #815
ChampDream
Alive

I really good episode
that hug at the end was really nice for tomoko.
Old 2013-09-17, 14:48   Link #816
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hate it. Yuu is such a nice girl and a great friend to her, she doesn't deserve to be thought of as a bitch/slut
That's exactly the point.
Old 2013-09-17, 15:21   Link #817
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
That's exactly the point.
Yeah...

It still sort of pains you to hear such a sweet girl referred as such though. She is pretty much an angel, and a fantastic influence on Tomoko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Yeah, Tomoko still got some bad luck with the takoyaki she threw up (was it because she ate too much or because it was spoiled?)
I think it was because she was stuck in a crowd waving her glowstick back and forth for so long. Might've gotten motion sick, or simply felt incredibly uncomfortable surrounded by all those people.
Old 2013-09-17, 15:36   Link #818
Elestia

Definitely one of the more uplifting episodes and it even actually ended up on a tenderly heartwarming note. The direction and insert bgm at key moments really brought out the full impact of the scene. The scene where Tomoko saying goodbye to Yuu at the end of the festival exemplified this. Scenes where she was hidden under the recesses of the school building really helped highlight the feeling she must have been feeling.

Images
Images
Images
Old 2013-09-17, 16:41   Link #819
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Yeah...

It still sort of pains you to hear such a sweet girl referred as such though. She is pretty much an angel, and a fantastic influence on Tomoko.
But you have to see it from Tomoko's point of view. She managed to grow and develop in a way Tomoko never could, so it's perfectly human that, deep down, Tomoko is annoyed by what Yuu became. Tomoko feels like Yuu's rubbing it on her (which sometimes she does, literally).
Old 2013-09-17, 17:41   Link #820
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Lol at this point Tomoko is on the verge of becoming lesbian
no no Tomoko is a real hetero

Tags
coming of age, dark comedy, high school, satire, slice of life