AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2007-04-03, 16:47   Link #361
Booya

abstractia? link?
Booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 20:55   Link #362
wtffmp111

AH! Must... have... more.... FMP....

Just watched FMP->FMP?F->FMP:TSR->FMP OVA all in one sitting. Well, rewatched some of it, but last time I saw it all of TSR wasn't out.

I was extremely disappointed in what I'd seen before, because this anime has a very strong lead guy/girl relationship imo (despite Tessa... who needs to gtfo )..... BUT they never kissed!

So.... I rewatched it all, knowing it was 1st season -> sidestories -> 2nd season

I assumed the 2nd season would end with "the kiss" as they say, it always does. So. I get to the end of my viewing... credits roll.... I'm .... ok bonus scene! Wait... THAT WASN'T ANYTHING!!!!111

AHHHHH I can't believe they had the nerve to end the anime like that, THEN release an OVA that DOESN'T EVEN HAVE FREAKING CHIDORI IN IT!!!!!

wtf were they thinking? well, if I can't see it, maybe I can read it. Now, novels 15-18, where can I get them???? Ahhhh must go find them!!!!
wtffmp111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 02:52   Link #363
Meatrose
Antihero

Well wtffmp111, the guy seldom gets the girl halfway through the story, and since the anime is an adaptation of the novels and given the fact that the novels go way beyond TSR it would be kinda weird if Sousuke and Kaname became a couple there.

Sure, if there ain't gonna be any more anime, then I would've liked some kind of closure in the end of TSR. But I guess all of us are hoping for an announcement saying that the rest of the story will be animated... especially since what lies ahead is a far greater story than the one that has been told already (anime-wise).

I don't know if you've read the novels that are telling the story post-TSR, but if any anime-studio were to make a new season it would HAVE to end in a "non-happy way" with a cliffhanger basicly, and it's pretty much impossible to create a new main plot-season that stays true to the novels without more or less having to do the rest of it all. It would be like Peter Jackson doing Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, but refusing to do Return of the King. (lol, you know what I mean at least^^)

I'd say, let's wait for the final novel to be released. I don't think that anime-studios would like to "make a promise" to complete a series that they don't even know how it's gonna end. Sure... wishfull thinking on my part, but that's the explaination I'm going with.
Old 2007-04-21, 05:58   Link #364
Suchi

yea...I think that its better in a way that they didnt kiss since it makes me feel like theres a much higher possibility for new seasons...feels really lame if they just stop making anime at this point, and the OVA can almost be seen as a way to show us that the idea of more fmp anime aint dead since it didnt contain chidori at all, and that it was a side story...

this is just my resoning, and it may be wrong, but I think that there'll come some new seasons within time....

Last edited by Suchi; 2007-04-21 at 09:54.
Suchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 08:03   Link #365
wtffmp111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Metal_Meatrose View Post
Well wtffmp111, the guy seldom gets the girl halfway through the story, and since the anime is an adaptation of the novels and given the fact that the novels go way beyond TSR it would be kinda weird if Sousuke and Kaname became a couple there.

Sure, if there ain't gonna be any more anime, then I would've liked some kind of closure in the end of TSR. But I guess all of us are hoping for an announcement saying that the rest of the story will be animated... especially since what lies ahead is a far greater story than the one that has been told already (anime-wise).

I don't know if you've read the novels that are telling the story post-TSR, but if any anime-studio were to make a new season it would HAVE to end in a "non-happy way" with a cliffhanger basicly, and it's pretty much impossible to create a new main plot-season that stays true to the novels without more or less having to do the rest of it all. It would be like Peter Jackson doing Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, but refusing to do Return of the King. (lol, you know what I mean at least^^)

I'd say, let's wait for the final novel to be released. I don't think that anime-studios would like to "make a promise" to complete a series that they don't even know how it's gonna end. Sure... wishfull thinking on my part, but that's the explaination I'm going with.
hmmm, you make a good point. I have not read the novels post-tsr, I recently read a summary of 1-18 on this forum though. From what I've seen, any conclusion relationship wise that we are gonna get isnt gonna be until after all that.

I REALLY don't want to think of how long it's gonna take them to get through the 4 completely unanimated novels (even if they don't do parts like they've done in the past) AND whatever is unreleased.

That being said, yes, the guy never gets the girl until the end. Which I sorta don't like, I mean what's wrong with having some issues after kissing once? >_< Doesn't seem impossible to me. One kiss is not happily ever after necessarily. Considering the huge amount of time we have been and we're going to be waiting for more Anime, and even longer for a conclusion, I think it's only right to give us a little progression/bone before they go all MIA on us for ages.

Spoiler:
wtffmp111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 14:03   Link #366
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtffmp111 View Post
AHHHHH I can't believe they had the nerve to end the anime like that, THEN release an OVA that DOESN'T EVEN HAVE FREAKING CHIDORI IN IT!!!!!

wtf were they thinking?
Surprisingly enough, businesses like to make money.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 04:19   Link #367
ArkhanTheBlack

Quote:

wtf were they thinking?
The OVA was dedicated to Tessa fans, which was quite obvious. It's just one single episode and if you don't like Tessa episodes you shouldn't have watched it in the first place.
Fumoffu has 11 episodes without Tessa. That makes 13 episodes for Kaname fans like you and only 3 (incl. OVA) for Tessa fans like me (although I like Kaname too). Therefore could you please stop whining?!
ArkhanTheBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 02:31   Link #368
Meatrose
Antihero

Oi!

I know this really doesn't have much to do with FMP anime (perhaps a little though), but did any of you guys watch Lucky Star episode 3? I enjoyed the kareoke-ending this time. ^^

For those of you who don't watch Lucky Star; every episode ends with a segment of the main characters singing kareoke. This time Kona chose to do the opening-track of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu! - and this was the first time she didn't just scream, haha, she really tried to make it sound beautiful. The characters also talk some about FMP in that segment.

Well, at least KyoAni didn't forget about FMP completely. ^^
Old 2007-04-27, 04:01   Link #369
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Metal_Meatrose View Post
Oi!

I know this really doesn't have much to do with FMP anime (perhaps a little though), but did any of you guys watch Lucky Star episode 3? I enjoyed the kareoke-ending this time. ^^

For those of you who don't watch Lucky Star; every episode ends with a segment of the main characters singing kareoke. This time Kona chose to do the opening-track of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu! - and this was the first time she didn't just scream, haha, she really tried to make it sound beautiful. The characters also talk some about FMP in that segment.

Well, at least KyoAni didn't forget about FMP completely. ^^
Yeah that was a nice touch. It would make me a happy chappy if Aya Hirano was in the fourth season.
Old 2007-05-20, 04:59   Link #370
Advent7

I really don't know if i should be asking this in the new FMP section but which novel continues on where the Second Raid ends?
Advent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 13:06   Link #371
Meatrose
Antihero

I guess you're thinking about main plot-novels... in that case:

Dancing Very Marry Christmas is the one following Day By Day (upper and lower volume). The First DBD = episodes 5-7 of TSR. The second DBD = 7-13.

Following DVMC; On My Own, One Man Force and Make My Day. The final novel, supposed to conclude the FMP main plot, is being written as we speak. I don't think there's been any information about an official title yet, but it's supposed to arrive this fall.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2007-05-22 at 08:37.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 02:25   Link #372
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
I seriously hope they continue with it.. I'd be shattered if they didn't. Recently watched TSR and can't wait to see how it goes.
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 11:00   Link #373
justsomeguy

On the most recent episode (7) of Lucky Star, Kagami openly mentions that there is a new FMP novel out. I don't think Kyoto Animation would make a reference again unless they're planning something.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 14:45   Link #374
Meatrose
Antihero

Well, KyoAni has given us more than 20 references to Full Metal Panic and Haruhi during these 7 episodes, and a huge number of referenses to nonrelated anime-shows/mangas. What I'm saying is that we probably shouldn't get our hopes up even though more or less every Lucky Star-episode contains a Bonta-kun or some other FMP-related thing.

I mean, 3 characters from Kanon showed up in Air, and in the seventh Haruhi-episode that esper-boy uses two attacks against that giant insect, the first one being called "Fumoffu" and the finishing-move was called "Second Raid". Something tells me that they really enjoy referring to their own shows, and given Konata's personality and her interrests... well, let's just say that producing Lucky Star must be like X-mas Eve for them. ^^

Don't get me wrong... I sure as hell wish that these FMP-hints are there for a reason, but I try not to read too much into it. Whatever happens happens, and after the 24 Lucky Star-episodes we'll get to enjoy Clannad (I'm guessing it'll take them 24-26 episodes to wrap that story up... something that seems kinda impossible to do though). If everything goes the way I want it to, a new FMP-project will be announced when Clannad is being aired. That's what my heart is telling me, lol. My brain though, is telling me that KyoAni will animate a sequel to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya before engaging in any FMP-related project since Haruhi was way more successful in Japan (bah) than any of the FMP-seasons (correct me if I'm wrong, it's not like I have any numbers to back that up ).
Old 2007-05-24, 15:56   Link #375
justsomeguy

The fact that KyoAni makes all of those references indicates that they are proud of their past work, and very much like FMP. This dramatically increases the chances of a new show, and this chance will increase more once the final novel is released. It doesn't seem like they have any other plans after Clannad and Haruhi 2.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 20:02   Link #376
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Despite the numbers, FMP has a more loyal fan base. It has been airing for longer, and so people will feel more attached to it. SHnY, while successful, will fade from the memories of the Otakus eventually. There will always be demand for a new series. A loyal fan base is a bigger driving force than a huge fan base.
Old 2007-05-25, 04:40   Link #377
Meatrose
Antihero

Well, I'm not gonna question that reasoning Maxon, and I hope you're right. =)
Old 2007-05-25, 05:13   Link #378
Maljan

Send a message via MSN to Maljan Send a message via Yahoo to Maljan
People FMP was the 3de anime I watched after the Dragon ball serieses and Naruto up untill the 177 eps, but after watching Fmp, well let me put it this way "I've never seen anything beter on TV, a movie or anime!", I absolutely loved it, that last scene should have been a KISS!!!!

But what I think is that we should sue them If they don't bring out more of FMP, I makes me wana go and rewatch the whole series!!!!(Sue part, just a joke!!!)
Maljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 07:12   Link #379
Meatrose
Antihero

Yeah, since you only watched DB and Naruto before experiencing FMP I can really understand that you were blown away. ^^

Welcome to the forum btw. =)
Old 2007-05-25, 23:41   Link #380
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I'd sue them... Though it would get nowhere. In fact, it would probably be a better idea if you buy the company that makes the series's anime, then have them produce more.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!