AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-02-10, 11:52   Link #201
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-02-10, 17:25   Link #202
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

According to this article, the three raptors are named "Charlie", "Delta" and "Echo" (though I counted four raptors in the jungle motorcycle scene, not just three). I guess "Alpha" and "Bravo" were the raptors seen in the first movie.

Also, another hybrid dino, and one even more Frankenstein-ish than the Indominus Rex at that? This ain't a park anymore, it's a freak show!

Last edited by Renegade334; 2015-02-10 at 17:49.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 11:29   Link #203
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I'm still not sure how I feel about the Indominus Rex in concept, but something to consider to make it a little easier is looking at other animals. The second trailer, if it's referring to the I-Rex, states that it kills for sport. Some animals, like wolves and orcas, have been known to do the same. Maybe the threat from I-Rex is that it's odd combination of size and sentience simply makes for an animal nobody knows how to deal with. AFAIK, no 'smart,' terrestrial predator--wolves, raptors, ect.--have ever grown to be giants, at least not that people have interacted with (I don't know what the verdict is on its intelligence, but Utahraptor might be there depending on how big it could actually get.). Maybe they can write I-Rex to be like this, otherwise the film's dynamic shifts from survival to confrontation, and the latter is unfortunately hard to pull off effectively (see: slasher movie villains).
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 01:59   Link #204
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

You gonna need a bigger gun, son, especially against a dino that is covered with thick osteoderms, like an oversized crocodile.
Old 2015-04-20, 11:04   Link #205
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
Old 2015-04-20, 11:25   Link #206
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Oh my... That looks good. 10,000 people on the island? Oh my, that's a lotta lawsuits.
Old 2015-04-20, 11:26   Link #207
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

isn't those island under Costa Rica jurisdiction?
Old 2015-04-20, 11:28   Link #208
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Let me get this right, so...based on that newest trailer, we got a smart-psychopath-killer super-dinosaur that can communicate with other species of dinosaurs? What will she do next? Became Dino-Lelouch and lead Dino-rebellion?
Old 2015-04-20, 11:31   Link #209
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Ah, true forgot that its in Costa Rica. It's probably an American company though. Either way the lawsuits would still be a mile deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Let me get this right, so...based on that newest trailer, we got a smart-psychopath-killer super-dinosaur that can communicate with other species of dinosaurs? What will she do next? Became Dino-Lelouch and lead Dino-rebellion?
How'd you figure the communication thing? I didn't notice anyone mentioning it, and roaring at the pterodactyls was probably more a territory/threat thing than a 'go forth and kill the humans!' command.
Old 2015-04-20, 11:46   Link #210
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Welp, everyone crying that the Raptors are tamed and good guys can shut the hell up now.
Old 2015-04-20, 11:46   Link #211
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
How'd you figure the communication thing? I didn't notice anyone mentioning it, and roaring at the pterodactyls was probably more a territory/threat thing than a 'go forth and kill the humans!' command.
Well, the black guy said "Something's wrong......They're communicating!" while aiming his rifle at something. Now, at this point in the story, people already know that raptors & pterosaurs communicate with each other. So what made the black dude said "something's wrong" if he only saw a bunch of Raptors or flying reptiles communicating like usual? It could be that he saw I-Rex actually communicating with other dinos. That's my analysis. Then again, I could be overanalyzing it. Who knows?
Old 2015-04-20, 13:12   Link #212
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh my... That looks good. 10,000 people on the island? Oh my, that's a lotta lawsuits.
The trailer says 20,000. But usually they just make one lawsuit with one prosecutor or lots of lawyers to reduce the amount of paperwork (remember that courtroom scene in The Dark Knight with all the lawyers objecting? Imagine that, but with 20,000 lawyers crammed in a single room...the madness... ) ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Isla Nublar and Sorna were technically bought from Costa Rica by John Hammond, but yeah, I guess CR still does have jurisdiction. In the JP novel, the Costarican Air Force (which, in real-life, was nonexistent) was the one to rescue the survivors and carpet-bomb Isla Nublar with napalm, not the US Navy or the USMC.
Quote:
Ah, true forgot that its in Costa Rica. It's probably an American company though. Either way the lawsuits would still be a mile deep.
Masrani is an international company that bought InGen after John Hammond's death. InGen was already in dire straits after the first movie (in the Lost World novel, however, they had already gone bankrupt and their assets were liquidated and auctioned off), and after a brief attempt at revival in the sequel, I imagine they fell on even harder times, paving the way for Mr. Masrani's (who seems to be Indian or thereabouts) takeover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Welp, everyone crying that the Raptors are tamed and good guys can shut the hell up now.
Well, in the original novel, raptors are supposed to be impossible to tame; they are perfectly harmless, sociable and even quite playful as infants, but once puberty hits them like a ton of bricks they turn into pure killing machines with no memory whatsoever of their childhood cuddliness. So...for some, this raptor pack concept is kind of like going against the canon...but if Trevorrow does handle the explanation well, then I guess I could quell my reticence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, the black guy said "Something's wrong......They're communicating!" while aiming his rifle at something. Now, at this point in the story, people already know that raptors & pterosaurs communicate with each other. So what made the black dude said "something's wrong" if he only saw a bunch of Raptors or flying reptiles communicating like usual? It could be that he saw I-Rex actually communicating with other dinos. That's my analysis. Then again, I could be overanalyzing it. Who knows?
The way I see it, he's only talking about the raptors the both of them have just unleashed (maybe they're rebelling and trying to pull a Prison Break?) or other dinosaur packs roaming around the park.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2015-04-20 at 13:47.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 13:14   Link #213
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

so hyped for this movie
definitely gonna watch it 2 times with friends and family
Old 2015-04-20, 14:37   Link #214
Galaxian

They could have call the movie Jurassic War...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 14:42   Link #215
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Nah, The Asylum will probably register that name soon after Jurassic World has gone live...

Remember Atlantic Rim?
Old 2015-04-20, 15:20   Link #216
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok, this is going to be pretty fun.

I do feel they tossed that scene at the start of the trailer to calm down people about the Raptors . It's not so much that he can make the Raptors play fetch or anything, but they can cooperate....or at the very least agree not to try and kill each other .

Again I'm glad that the dinosaur still is obscured (though I'm sure people can get a decent picture if they freeze the trailer at the right spot and zoom in or something). The situation seems plenty intense and again Star Lord and dinosaurs still seems like a good combination to me.

I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2015-04-20, 15:37   Link #217
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Again I'm glad that the dinosaur still is obscured (though I'm sure people can get a decent picture if they freeze the trailer at the right spot and zoom in or something).
They already released a clear picture of the dinosaurs, is a couple of pages back on this thread.

Quote:
The situation seems plenty intense and again Star Lord and dinosaurs still seems like a good combination to me.
He and his raptor team are the main draws for me.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 16:25   Link #218
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, in the original novel, raptors are supposed to be impossible to tame; they are perfectly harmless, sociable and even quite playful as infants, but once puberty hits them like a ton of bricks they turn into pure killing machines with no memory whatsoever of their childhood cuddliness. So...for some, this raptor pack concept is kind of like going against the canon...but if Trevorrow does handle the explanation well, then I guess I could quell my reticence.
I mean it showed the Raptors eating a soldier. Sooo
Old 2015-04-20, 17:32   Link #219
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
They already released a clear picture of the dinosaurs, is a couple of pages back on this thread.

He and his raptor team are the main draws for me.
But I've managed to avoid them therefore the point still stands . The pictures are there if people are really eager to take a look, but they aren't throwing it in people's faces if they want to keep some mystery and anticipation.
Old 2015-04-25, 02:00   Link #220
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

*SIGH*

One thing I really hate about trailers, teasers and exclusive snippets is how they spoil way too much of the plot nowadays. Today, they've released for public viewing the scene where the I-Rex breaks out of its cage. Granted, there are still some areas of darkness as to what led to this scene, but, still...they shouldn't have released this IMHO. The T-Rex escape in the original movie was one of its money shots and definitely most memorable moments; Spielberg would never have spoiled it even for for the sake of greater attendance, so it's a bit sad that they did this for JW.

Spoiler for The I-Rex escape: