AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-12-24, 04:19   Link #121
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

SOme Quick Break Questions here...
1. Is Akatasuki Golden Armor makes it Impenetrable to BEAM sabers??...coz I only saw it was cut by Destiny's Physical Material Boomerangs and Swords...

2. How many Beams and Shots that FREEDOM spams in it's Full Burst??...I'm talkin about X10A not X20A here to be more specific...
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 04:48   Link #122
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
SOme Quick Break Questions here...
1. Is Akatasuki Golden Armor makes it Impenetrable to BEAM sabers??...coz I only saw it was cut by Destiny's Physical Material Boomerangs and Swords...

2. How many Beams and Shots that FREEDOM spams in it's Full Burst??...I'm talkin about X10A not X20A here to be more specific...
1. Yes it's impervious to beam weaponry, but if you look closely, Destiny chopped off Akatsuki's arm via the joint, which is not coated with gold, anti-beam coating. Moreover, Destiny was using beam boomerangs. There are no solid boomerangs in SEED.
However, do not assume that the Akatsuki is impervious to beam sabers as it was never shown to do so.

2. 3 Beams and 5 Shots.Beams are from the two beam cannons on the Freedom's wings plus the beam rifle itself. As for the other two, they are actually solid shots from the Freedom's hip railguns which, once again, are not beam weapons.
Old 2008-12-25, 00:49   Link #123
4Tran

Moved Trans-am posts to Gundam 00 Mecha thread.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:20   Link #124
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

I don't understand how Akatsuki can withstand the Tannhäuser cannon of Minvera, but yet get defeated by a beam boomrang (which is just the equivalent of a spinning beam saber). One would think if its durable enough to withstand the Tannhäuser (without any ill effect) then a beam boomerang should have no effect.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 02:52   Link #125
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
I don't understand how Akatsuki can withstand the Tannhäuser cannon of Minvera, but yet get defeated by a beam boomrang (which is just the equivalent of a spinning beam saber). One would think if its durable enough to withstand the Tannhäuser (without any ill effect) then a beam boomerang should have no effect.
That's due to the old tradition that dictates the "Nothing can block a beam saber" rule. It is the one and only reason why beam sabers are used in all Gundam shows, even though you need to go into close range. The desire to have flashy sword fights means the beam saber became an unbalanced weapon that somehow is superior to any and all attacks from a long range cannon.

For that matter, CE universe never explained how the beam sabers worked, or for that matter what the normal beam weaponries actually FIRE. The Positron cannons are the only beam weapons we know anything about.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:53   Link #126
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
No effect to anywhere BUT the joints since it's, once again, not covered with anti-beam coating.
Old 2008-12-25, 03:04   Link #127
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
No effect to anywhere BUT the joints since it's, once again, not covered with anti-beam coating.
Yes, I've seen that said repeatedly before, but I find that rather reason rather flimsy. If that were the case, when Akatsuki was hit dead on by the Tannhäuser, why didn't any of the joints get blown away?
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 03:27   Link #128
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
double X's satelite canon is probaly the most powerful gun to date (it could punch through anything in a single shot), not even the twin buster of wing zero custom could top that.
That's debatable since supposedly it's said that Heero wasn't even using, the TBR at 100%(I remember reading over on MT that the width of the beam could extend 100 yards at full power).

What I do have is info on Turn-A hijinks.

Quote:
Turn A:
-Physical ammunition cannot damage its armour (seen in-series)
-Beam weapons are deflected by its I-field (seen in-series)
-Can teleport (seen in-series)
-Can warp its attacks (can warp a beam shot directly INTO a cockpit)
-Beam rifle at maximum power is stronger than a colony laser
-Regeneration (seen in-series)
-System Turn A's chest's multipurpose silo can summon weapons (hinted at in-series)
-The teleportation system makes it possible for, as long as there are nanomachines available at all, regenerate everything entirely, including the PILOT

Turn X:
-Turn X was created by the newtypes who left Earth (hinted at in-series)
-DG cells were used in its creation (hinted at in-series)

The Brothers Together:
-Turn-types were created for interplanetary war (seen in-series)
-Loran and Gym weren't even using 5% of their power, according to the novels.
-The Moonlight Butterfly that destroyed Earth's civilization was at 20% power (seen in-series)
-The Moonlight Butterfly at 100% output can cover everything from Earth to Jupiter
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 06:31   Link #129
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I loved Turn A and X to death, but I never read the novels, damn they're amazing.

Turn X with DG cells, why didn't I think of that?
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 17:08   Link #130
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
That's debatable since supposedly it's said that Heero wasn't even using, the TBR at 100%(I remember reading over on MT that the width of the beam could extend 100 yards at full power).
ok, lets not count turn A or turn X, ok, in Super Robots war alpha gaiden, double X satelite canon (map weapon) cover the entire map, while wing zero custom's TBR only cover that local area, i believe it is about six or seven squares. Also, double X's non map canon has more range and power than TBR.

In anime, double X's canon punch through the huge satelite straight through and still going, while wing zero cause an explosion on a part of the colony and the colony explode after that, In movie, zero custom needs to fire several shots to get through the armor plated base (but its damage at the time, so idk )
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 17:25   Link #131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Only 5%? Seriously wow. I'll be watching their confrontation's in a whole new light now.
Old 2008-12-25, 18:46   Link #132
rpgman1

The topic about Turn A and Turn X makes me curious about watching the series since I haven't seen it yet. Never thought about their destructive power and use of technology in various ways.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 20:01   Link #133
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
The topic about Turn A and Turn X makes me curious about watching the series since I haven't seen it yet. Never thought about their destructive power and use of technology in various ways.
you should watch it. It is pretty much characters driven, battles are not as intense as the other ones, loran is by no mean as good as the other protagonists in gundam history, but for me, i sure love khiel, sochie and dianna, and it got the warm family feeling at the end.

love turn X btw, kick ass
Old 2008-12-25, 22:25   Link #134
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Hee~..TurnA sure sounds interesting...But I just Loled at the TurnA Gundam Design...Put a Santa Hat on it, and we got a Santa Gundam
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 22:35   Link #135
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
Hee~..TurnA sure sounds interesting...But I just Loled at the TurnA Gundam Design...Put a Santa Hat on it, and we got a Santa Gundam
Well, the Turn A was indeed a strange Gundam design, but it grows on you after a while. It even did so with me, and I haven't even seen the show. Granted, it took a model lineup for things in the design to click with me.
Old 2008-12-25, 22:49   Link #136
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Syd Mead. That is all I have to say about Turn A's design.

Seriously? Turn A's beam rifle can be stronger than a colony laser? I knew that they were at less than 5% but really? Didn't the rifle melt itself firing once?
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 03:32   Link #137
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
you should watch it. It is pretty much characters driven, battles are not as intense as the other ones, loran is by no mean as good as the other protagonists in gundam history, but for me, i sure love khiel, sochie and dianna, and it got the warm family feeling at the end.
I think you should take back that line about Loran lol

He had one of the best personality and character of all protagonists. He doesn't whine, he hates conflict, but if he has to stop it, he does so, all without some deluded ideal of god or something.

And his piloting skills developed extremely well, you can see his improvements as he utilised Turn A's hidden capabilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
Seriously? Turn A's beam rifle can be stronger than a colony laser? I knew that they were at less than 5% but really? Didn't the rifle melt itself firing once?
Well, if you fire a Colony Laser that hasn't been maintained for 3000 years, I'm sure it will melt, or it wouldn't even fire in the first place.

Its a miracle that rusty rifle even fired when Turn A pulled it from the ground.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 06:09   Link #138
Blaat

Quote:
-DG cells were used in its creation (hinted at in-series)
I can't recall DG cells being mentioned in the show. I thought the Turn X was a MS created by Newtypes (it does have a psycommu system) used in an interstellar war, then it drifted into the solar system and the Turn A Gundam was created by reserve engineering the technology found in the Turn X.

There was an excellent thread in the MAHQ forums where they translated all the information regarding the Turn A and X from various sources such as the novels.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 20:21   Link #139
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

He had one of the best personality and character of all protagonists. He doesn't whine, he hates conflict, but if he has to stop it, he does so, all without some deluded ideal of god or something.

And his piloting skills developed extremely well, you can see his improvements as he utilised Turn A's hidden capabilities.
I did not say loran is no good (I dont mean his personality or something like that), i just said that he is not as good as the other protagonists in terms of piloting skill, *cough* kira yamato , I do agree that his personality is the brightest. I actually like him alot, he is good as a pilot but not one of the best on my list, hey the protagonist in gundam x is worse than he is, or the one in 08 ms team (comparing piloting skills, but they are actually very good pilots, no offense).

Last edited by kk2extreme; 2008-12-26 at 20:57.
Old 2008-12-26, 20:34   Link #140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

You already know i share the same opinions as you on Loran, though you totally forgot to mention just how adorable he can be.