AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-07, 16:44   Link #181
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
What's with the below puberty teacher?
She doesn't even have any psychic powers, apparently. But she's cuuuuuute.

Old 2008-10-07, 16:51   Link #182
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

She have moe power
Old 2008-10-07, 16:53   Link #183
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anime View Post
She have moe power
Hopefully a teaching degree as well . But lets not forget the side effect of the moe power that causes death glares to anyone who makes her cry.
Old 2008-10-07, 17:19   Link #184
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
From the point of view of him and his universe, it's weak. Obviously it'll be the case that as he learns to master it, it'll show its usefulness, but as we start out, the universe doesn't understand the power (because it's apparently so rare) and considers it weak by all its tests and standards, hence why he's Level 0. And it also has a side-effect that really screws him over that he'll inevitably have to learn to deal with.
According to this synopsis:
"In the story, Tōma Kamijō is an ordinary high school boy with terrible academic scores and a power called [Spoiler]. [Spoiler] can defeat any other power, but it also undermines Kamijō's own good luck. His [Spoiler]'s immense strength is literally immeasurable, so hapless Kamijō is listed at the supernatural level of 0."
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13800

"The series' protagonist, a psychic. He has the lowest psychic rank possible at Level 0—largely because the people testing psychic abilities can't detect or classify his abilities."
Wikipedia
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-10-07, 19:05   Link #185
LKK

Quote:
Are you sure about that? I got the impression that the punishment she threatened the students who failed the test with would be some type of psychic punishment. (The sub I watched called it "see see through through", IIRC.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-10-07, 19:30   Link #186
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Sakuretsu] View Post
Way better than Shana or ZnT in my opinion, the OP song really impressed me so far..
fwiw i thought the first episode of index was much more impressive than either first episode of the two seasons of shana.... let alone znt.
Old 2008-10-07, 19:35   Link #187
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Hmm, I wouldn't go that far...maybe the first half of the second season of Shana, but that's it.
Old 2008-10-07, 19:45   Link #188
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Are you sure about that? I got the impression that the punishment she threatened the students who failed the test with would be some type of psychic punishment. (The sub I watched called it "see see through through", IIRC.)
They described the punishment in the anime (the sub I watched anyway). They'd be forced to play poker blindfolded until they won ten times in a row. I guess it's supposed to be some kind of psychic training, but it wouldn't require the teacher to be psychic, only the student.
Old 2008-10-07, 19:55   Link #189
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Are you sure about that?
Answer...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
They described the punishment in the anime (the sub I watched anyway). They'd be forced to play poker blindfolded until they won ten times in a row. I guess it's supposed to be some kind of psychic training, but it wouldn't require the teacher to be psychic, only the student.
That's pretty much it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-07, 20:22   Link #190
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
Hmm, I wouldn't go that far...maybe the first half of the second season of Shana, but that's it.
I'm imagining Shana meeting Yuji and through some misunderstanding becoming convinced that he's a Worthy Opponent and stalking him around town trying to incinerate him....

FUND IT!

Or did I get the corresponding characters wrong?
Old 2008-10-07, 20:27   Link #191
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm imagining Shana meeting Yuji and through some misunderstanding becoming convinced that he's a Worthy Opponent and stalking him around town trying to incinerate him....

FUND IT!

Or did I get the corresponding characters wrong?
Actually no, I had that daydream once before

In fact, I wouldn't be surprise if they pull off a Railgun-tan for the DVD

Think about it.
Old 2008-10-07, 20:30   Link #192
Oxtail

I'm thrilled that we have a main male character who's not a whiny indecisive little brat. In fact, I'm pretty pleased with several of the new animes this season where it doesn't appear that the guy might break down in a pathetic crying emo meltdown.
Old 2008-10-07, 21:03   Link #193
Edgewalker
Nani ?

In a way it reminds me of tsukihime. Male lead surrounded with girls who have ridiculous destructive powers and having a gimp, but hax power himself ( Death perception = Kill anything, even if its God. Spoiler = Negate all energy, even if its from God ).

Last edited by Edgewalker; 2008-10-07 at 21:15.
Old 2008-10-07, 22:22   Link #194
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I get it now. It was kind of explained in the sub I watched, but I didn't understand what they meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Answer...
Spoiler:
You got that from the novels, I'm assume. I guess that's one of those details that got lost in the compression to anime format or will be explained better later on.

Thanks to both of you for clearing things up for me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-10-08, 03:16   Link #195
mandarb916

oh sweet...this is coming out on DVD and Bluray simultaneously
Old 2008-10-08, 05:47   Link #196
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

The background music impressed me.
Old 2008-10-08, 11:48   Link #197
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
And Index is like a giant marshmallow.

Edit: A giant naked marshmallow.
Definitely agree!

ep 1

I know that it isn't good to judge a series on the producers but we tend to do it anyway even if it isn't on purpose. I must say, for a series which I was skeptical on because of the producers, I am very impressed with this first episode...

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-10-08, 11:55   Link #198
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The OP/ED theme reminded me of Shana...
Indeed, with the same person singing it as the Shana OPs, can't be helped, I felt it, too. The karaoke reminded me of Shana's, too.

Didn't really favor the jerkiness of the OP, though, or the extended battle against the guy flinging around those metal beams.
Old 2008-10-08, 12:01   Link #199
JediNight
キズランダム

It's going to remind you of Shana because the singer also does the Shana OP, and JC Staff does the animation for Shana as well. So it's not surprising they would use similar OP storyboarding to Shana (which is also a shounen action genre)
Old 2008-10-08, 12:20   Link #200
cloudninja

It's only been 1 episode but my initial impression of this show is very good and I hope it lives up to its potential throughout the rest of the season.

I think it's rare to see both psychic and magic powers in the same setting, and the girls are cute. More than enough to keep me watching, hopefully it's going to run at least 24 episodes or have a second season if it's a short one.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen