AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-01, 15:31   Link #101
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
we also have to remember that Hitagi did grow up as a rich girl... so she may have alot of that rich stoic/classy nature ingrained into her personality from early.
She seemed pretty friendly and outgoing in an ordinary way in middle school, so it's pretty obvious that the crab experience changed her.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 15:56   Link #102
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
She seemed pretty friendly and outgoing in an ordinary way in middle school, so it's pretty obvious that the crab experience changed her.
In retrospect, I will take Hanekawa's advice.

Senjougahara Hitagi is complex.

Nuff said.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 16:33   Link #103
zato_1one

Now, that makes me remember about her comment in episode 2 when she came out of the bath naked. Araragi asked her why didn't she wear a towel? She said "No, that's what poor people do"
Old 2009-09-01, 17:14   Link #104
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
we also have to remember that Hitagi did grow up as a rich girl... so she may have alot of that rich stoic/classy nature ingrained into her personality from early.
Good point. Anyway, even if Hitagi is a bit of a female bishonen, it's only a small part of her character. I just like the concept of a female with a personality a bit like Sesshomaru's or Byakuya's, because I don't think I've ever seen it before (this is also part of the reason why I like to see Kyon from Haruhi's anime as a male tsundere; again, it's different).

As always, Hitagi defies labels.
Old 2009-09-01, 17:23   Link #105
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Good point. Anyway, even if Hitagi is a bit of a female bishonen, it's only a small part of her character. I just like the concept of a female with a personality a bit like Sesshomaru's or Byakuya's, because I don't think I've ever seen it before (this is also part of the reason why I like to see Kyon from Haruhi's anime as a male tsundere; again, it's different).

As always, Hitagi defies labels.
I believe that would be what's called a "cool beauty" or some such .

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 18:15   Link #106
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I believe that would be what's called a "cool beauty" or some such .
Eriko Futami
Old 2009-09-01, 19:33   Link #107
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
I dunno... in all the flashbacks she's seemed very friendly and outgoing.

Oh and I meant to reply to that whole checklist for personality disorder too. The last item, "always irritable" seems more like the classic tsundere type than Senjougahara. I'm thinking blonde ahoge girl from Saki here.
Old 2009-09-01, 20:35   Link #108
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf
Interesting observation. That further supports my views about why the splicing of real-life photography into the animation has been effectively done.
It fits really, oddities don't happen randomly in Bakemonogatari, it always begins with human agency. The Crab came to Hitagi to help her after what she's been through. Yayoi was a little girl from a broken familly, and the only reason Koyomi saw her was because HE didn't want to go home.

The Monkey Paw was simply granting Suruga her wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
3. Well... Hitagi seems to be doing Ok so far in maintaining her relationship with Araragi.
That one doesn't count, Araragi's the nicest, most forgiving person on the planet.

That said, I was indulging in a bit of hyperbole when I called Hitagi a sociopath. She's disconected, inexpressive and has a violent streak a mile wide, but she does have feelings for other people. Mostly just for her boyfriend at this point, but I think it's partly because he's willingly acting as her training wheels. He's a safe emotional investment.

Hitagi's not even an Ice Queen. She is rather forthcoming and affectionate with Koyomi, she's visibly happy shen she's with him and seeks his company. But her way to express all that is rather disturbing...
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 02:06   Link #109
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
Hitagi's not even an Ice Queen. She is rather forthcoming and affectionate with Koyomi, she's visibly happy shen she's with him and seeks his company. But her way to express all that is rather disturbing...
though that's one of the reason why people finds her interesting....for me that is
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 16:52   Link #110
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Certainly...seeing Araragi covered in blood and just coldly and calmly speaking to him is really disturbing, but luckily more like in a hillarious way.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 17:07   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Certainly...seeing Araragi covered in blood and just coldly and calmly speaking to him is really disturbing, but luckily more like in a hillarious way.
Its one of her adorable features.... she seems totally confident that he can survive just about any mayhem. Actually, I suspect he doesn't dare die or she'd get really angry at him
Old 2009-09-03, 05:55   Link #112
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
See, the thing with Hitagi is that she has got her emotions back, but she hadn't used her facial muscles for so long that she is on expression rehabilitation.

Hitagi simply haven't gotten used to raising her voice or making facial expressions again after so long. She has a tonne of emotions now, we know she loves Araragi and that she is angry that he deceived her and got himself in danger. But Hitagi is still unable to make the right facial expressions or use the correct tone of voice to match what she is feeling.
Old 2009-09-03, 06:00   Link #113
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I know...but it's still hillarious.
We have an absolute dramatic scene and Hitagi stands there like a cold fish.
I know she has quite bit of problems even with smiling or being angered, not to mention showing more complex emotions.
But that's what makes their interactions so funny.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 17:15   Link #114
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its one of her adorable features.... she seems totally confident that he can survive just about any mayhem. Actually, I suspect he doesn't dare die or she'd get really angry at him
To be fair, even Araragi himself didn't seem to worried about his own health. There he is missing most of his digestive tract, not a single unbroken bone in his body and lying in a large pool of his own vital bodily fluids and what are his thoughts?

"Man, my girfriend is totally awesome!", "Meme, you magnificent bastard!" and "... I really don't mind the view right now."

When you get down to it, Senjougahara is probably less detached than her boyfriend. They're quite the pair
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 20:18   Link #115
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Let's not forget that Araragi has the benefit of more or less being unable to die... probably in a hell of a lot of pain, but knows he'll recover from it all... so he has a bit of room for those thoughts

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 01:18   Link #116
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
If anything I'd say she's lost the knack for expressing emotions, at least in socially acceptable ways. Or possibly even enjoys her unconventional way of interacting with the world.
I think this sums it up good. For 2 to 3 years you can say she was left in the dark of isolation. Then Araragi appears and saves her. After beeing "cured" shes very quick to make Araragi a friend because really, she needs one. Then maybe discovers she has more feelings towards the one who saved her from a nightmare past. Thus confessing and plus the current stance of her considering herself as his girlfriend. I actually <3 the way she confessed, with the pointing and all. I recall her saying along the lines, Show this girl a little kindness and she'd fall crazy for you. Araragi was that guy O_o

But I assuming her recovery would be like having to learn to walk again. It may be a slow process and need help from others. It does differ from Kanbura's arm as it will be predicted to be fully healed at 20 years.

But thats kinda my take on it.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 08:34   Link #117
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I think this sums it up good. For 2 to 3 years you can say she was left in the dark of isolation. Then Araragi appears and saves her. After beeing "cured" shes very quick to make Araragi a friend because really, she needs one. Then maybe discovers she has more feelings towards the one who saved her from a nightmare past. Thus confessing and plus the current stance of her considering herself as his girlfriend. I actually <3 the way she confessed, with the pointing and all. I recall her saying along the lines, Show this girl a little kindness and she'd fall crazy for you. Araragi was that guy O_o

But I assuming her recovery would be like having to learn to walk again. It may be a slow process and need help from others. It does differ from Kanbura's arm as it will be predicted to be fully healed at 20 years.

But thats kinda my take on it.
Well, case in point: Naoto from Persona4

Needs a real friend, urgently.
"Show this girl a little kindness and she'd fall crazy for you".
Old 2009-09-12, 11:45   Link #118
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Agreed.

I've always seen Hitagi as a lonely Yin until Araragi appeared before her as the Yan she yearned for. After seeing how he dragged her out of her isolation and witnessing how far Araragi wanted to go to save a completely stranger - It was clearly that if neccesary - she would've forced him to become her friend by all means necessary. She needed someone to finally express the pain she went through over the past 2 years and therefore was Araragi the best candidate. But she was aware that consulting him with only her personal problems might get bothered him too much and she might have been afraid of losing a friend a second time, thus she confessed to keep him safe by her side "She wanted a stronger connection with him" plus to release the feelings she felt towards him. She has always stated that she feared to regain the emotion of being lonely again and this was the best decision to prove her loyalty towards him. Which is important because he can't deny her and her abusive way of talking if the same person states that she cares about him.... giving him no way out to escape her.

Now is Hitagi aware of Araragi's own problems and has problems dealing with seeing Araragi consult Hanekawa about them - fearing of them becoming too close with each other. This is the main reason why she ensured Aragagi of becoming her life-partner. She's like a little kid - you can't steal her candy because she always has something up on her sleeve to ensure that her candy won't get stolen by simple bypassers like Hanekawa or Kanbaru.

Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 00:58   Link #119
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
Last two episode lacks Hitagi, and I'm dissapointed with that.

Hitagi was the core of this anime and should still be.
dave1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 08:08   Link #120
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1992 View Post
Last two episode lacks Hitagi, and I'm dissapointed with that.

Hitagi was the core of this anime and should still be.
I beg to differ...

Tags
tsundere