AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 4 7.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 24.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-06, 20:21   Link #61
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-06, 23:25   Link #62
HandofFate

I laughed when it turns out Durandal is another long decedent of an old kind of legendary name.

Then Shirayuki is like 'oh yea, my stuff been passed down for 2000 years!'

Spoiler for hoto powers:
Old 2011-06-08, 10:11   Link #63
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought she was simply saying that revealing her true form would make her more powerful, not hide it.
Well wouldn't that be a sweet little power then, what was the point of hiding all this time?

Really this show is the zone of decent, jumping between being good or bad throughout.
It's a show you know is not so good but can't help but like it cause it somehow amuses ya.

I feel like tearing into this ep about all the smalls things that just make you think ".......really?" but I'll just go with one of my pet peeves about these types of animes, is the fact you should never take your eyes off the enemy yet Aria looks away and even closes her eyes-__-
And for the hell of it I'll throw in the part with Kinji pointing his gun at Jeanne.
He should have had his gun trained on her at all times ever since he noticed it wasn't Shirayuki but whats worse is after he points and is told not to move he pulls his gun away again!
Thats way too much gun movement for such a situation>__<

I know this is anime but come on!

p.s the eyecatch of Miss Jeanne D'arc was smoking!
Old 2011-06-08, 11:30   Link #64
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well wouldn't that be a sweet little power then, what was the point of hiding all this time?
Unleashing that power is forbidden by the Hotogis. And, also showing her true power before Kinji's eyes is another reason but I gotta say that it's quite trivial.

Quote:
And for the hell of it I'll throw in the part with Kinji pointing his gun at Jeanne.
He should have had his gun trained on her at all times ever since he noticed it wasn't Shirayuki but whats worse is after he points and is told not to move he pulls his gun away again!
Thats way too much gun movement for such a situation>__<
Agreed, the gun movement was quite unordinary. I especially facepalmed myself when I saw Kinji threw his gun to Aria in the last moment. They probably thought it was cool move but imo the one he did in the LN is more rational/awesome.

That was the case in light novel and the very reason why Kinji used one-hand edge catching (instead of 2h in the anime, it pissed me off to see a different one instead) is because he needed the gun on his right hand to checkmate Jeanne.
Old 2011-06-08, 16:20   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post

That was the case in light novel and the very reason why Kinji used one-hand edge catching (instead of 2h in the anime, it pissed me off to see a different one instead) is because he needed the gun on his right hand to checkmate Jeanne.
I don't know, maybe to the director a two hand edge catcher is already pushing the limits of the viewer's expected belief, let along a two finger single hand edge catcher.
Old 2011-06-08, 22:08   Link #66
Hyakimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know, maybe to the director a two hand edge catcher is already pushing the limits of the viewer's expected belief, let along a two finger single hand edge catcher.
Donīt forget that the edge was a really heavy looking broadsword with ice powers so suspension of disbelief was already pushed to itīs maximum.
Old 2011-06-08, 22:23   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post
Donīt forget that the edge was a really heavy looking broadsword with ice powers so suspension of disbelief was already pushed to itīs maximum.
Lets assume that humans can react fast enough to a swinging sword, I would think that a bigger surface area would allow for a better grip.

But to catch with only two fingers? Against a sword that size?

Sure I get that there are many crazy things in this series (and many more to come), but some things are way far off the reservations than others.
Old 2011-06-09, 01:11   Link #68
HandofFate

Quote:
Lets assume that humans can react fast enough to a swinging sword, I would think that a bigger surface area would allow for a better grip.

Sure I get that there are many crazy things in this series (and many more to come), but some things are way far off the reservations than others.
But he's in HYSTERIA MODE.
It is kind of a shame that it turns out they're kind of downplaying his abilities.

Like the very first episode, it was nice, you got a feel that his mood is really something awesome.

But every episode afterwards, whenever Kenji got into it, its just like regular kenji, only maybe 5-10% better instead of like 100-200% of what it should be.
Old 2011-06-09, 01:15   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. Mythbusters did the edge catching thing. IIRC, it didn't turn out well.
Old 2011-06-09, 04:16   Link #70
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Even in the realm of ninjas.

Spoiler for It's just ballistic gel, by the way:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:47   Link #71
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

.......You think THAT is "far off" when there are even more O__o things?
Old 2011-06-09, 13:41   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I'd say it falls in the uncanny valley of realism. Whereas flame or ice powers are met with a shrug of willing suspension of disbelief, edge catching seems almost possible... but very clearly not so in the case of one handed catching.
Old 2011-06-09, 13:42   Link #73
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I haven't read the novel but I'd rather Kinji do a two hand catch than stick loyal to the adaption and do a two finger catch. Neither would probably work anyway but a two handed catch looks more plausable. And yeah it was a pretty big sword. I don't think it's within the bounds of human physiology to have THAT much finger strength.
Old 2011-06-09, 16:46   Link #74
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well there's no exact science, it just one of those things that you have less reasons to believe in. With the two hand edge catching, even if you know it's impossible, there's enough circumstances to make you think it's possible. But nobody in their right mind would ever think two fingers can stop a broadsword.
Old 2011-06-09, 16:52   Link #75
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I haven't read the novel but I'd rather Kinji do a two hand catch than stick loyal to the adaption and do a two finger catch. Neither would probably work anyway but a two handed catch looks more plausable. And yeah it was a pretty big sword. I don't think it's within the bounds of human physiology to have THAT much finger strength.
Samurai Deeper Kyo wants a word

I was fine with the 2 handed catch, it was the stuff before that annoyed me more than anything else.

But then we do have all these girls with small frames being super stong, I would like to think Kinji in HM would be alot stronger than them but meh.
Old 2011-06-09, 17:10   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

But then we do have all these girls with small frames being super stong, I would like to think Kinji in HM would be alot stronger than them but meh.
Small sized people can be deceivingly strong; But You don't exactly have many muscles around your two little fingers
Old 2011-06-09, 17:45   Link #77
Hiro Hayase

Quote:

Trust me, more stranger things happen in the novel than that. Also, HSS Kinji is far stronger than the average human, his reflexes and body react much quicker. The JC staff are downplaying Kinji's abilities and they also condensed many other scenes, its similar to how they cramped the SS1 of To Aru Majutsu no Index into two episodes. They better be saving their budget for Toaru III.

Spoiler for Light Novel spoilers:

P.S. I know that you read the light novel.

P.S.S. Btw isn't it already absurd that we have these small girls swinging swords and blasting guns like no tomorrow? Isn't it already absurd that we have choutei's (ability users)?

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-06-10 at 02:29.
Old 2011-06-09, 18:01   Link #78
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Small sized people can be deceivingly strong; But You don't exactly have many muscles around your two little fingers
See thats the thing, IRL a girl with a skinny frame like we see here would not be able to dual wield firearms or swords.
In anime small frame don't mean squat but for that same reason we can also say finger muscles don't mean anything cause it's simply anime.

Altho a 2 finger catch does push imagination more so than a a girl with a small frame that has super strength but doesn't mean it's not possible within the realm of anime.

It's just how it is, we throw logic at certain stuff but not at others that are also in the same boat.

More reason to bash the JC staff. Theres a little slip in animation when Jeanne is disguised as Shirayuki, she gets her katana taken from her, then is pushed back by Aria, she has the katana again in a following scene but then all the girls have a hammerspace tucked away somewhere
Old 2011-06-11, 21:10   Link #79
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for ARIA the SCARLET AMMO 08 - That Shower of Pom-Pom Confetti...:
Hai haaaaai.

E. A AND D.

KKJ is one of my favorite series.
Old 2011-06-11, 21:18   Link #80
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Even in the realm of ninjas.

Spoiler for It's just ballistic gel, by the way:
Spoiler for The fact about blade gripping technique:
Closed Thread