Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-03, 11:02   Link #41
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I’m not a big fan of Rukia's new hairstyle. She's even more androgynous than before.
Ya, i liked the old hair better... frankly i think she looks a bit too much like Karin now

Though it is good to see her again even if her disappearing could have made for a since bittersweet finale for the series

Quote:
Additionally, what is the sword she uses to awaken the rest of Ichigo's powers?

Still, it's nice to see her again, and it's nice to see Shinigami Ichigo once more. His sword is different, so I wonder if this sword is still Zangetsu or if Ichigo has a new Zanpakutō.
Ya it does not seem to be her own sword as that is still sheathed... could be what Urahara and Isshin have been working on. Convenient that after 17 months this is the day they finish

Though at the same time I find this problematic since it calls attention to just how stupid Ichigo has been. He went through all this trouble to get his power back, placing his trust into complete strangers and the truth of the matter is that HIS OWN FATHER (and urahara) had the answer he wanted the whole time. This entire arc could have been skipped if Ichigo had just talked to his dad about getting his powers back.

Oh not to mention when Ichigo and Ginjou were desperate because their friends were being turned against them they could have gone to Urahara and isshin for help as they were not affected (and are both extremely powerful).
Old 2011-08-03, 11:03   Link #42
sayde

So does Ichigo still have hollow powers now that he's been stripped of his fullbring? Well whatever the case may be, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. This chapter still felt short, but fortunately, that didn't stop it from feeling like the plot is finally progressing. With Rukia back, hopefully that means the other shinigami will follow along soon enough.

The only thing that irked me about the chapter in general was Ichigo's attitude. It's getting old. One second he feels powerless and becomes a depressed, whiny, scared little b****, but then the next second he gets power at which point Kubo immediately tries to make him look BAMF. It's like the deicide arc all over again.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-08-03 at 11:14.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:05   Link #43
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya, i liked the old hair better... frankly i think she looks a bit too much like Karin now

Though it is good to see her again even if her disappearing could have made for a since bittersweet finale for the series

Ya it does not seem to be her own sword as that is still sheathed... could be what Urahara and Isshin have been working on. Convenient that after 17 months this is the day they finish

Though at the same time I find this problematic since it calls attention to just how stupid Ichigo has been. He went through all this trouble to get his power back, placing his trust into complete strangers and the truth of the matter is that HIS OWN FATHER (and urahara) had the answer he wanted the whole time. This entire arc could have been skipped if Ichigo had just talked to his dad about getting his powers back.

Oh not to mention when Ichigo and Ginjou were desperate because their friends were being turned against them they could have gone to Urahara and isshin for help as they were not affected (and are both extremely powerful).
I belive they assumed isshin and Urahara might have been effected =\ oh well

anyways, rukias new hair is meh, id rather it be longer I think kubo did this to us because he saw all the fans say they wanted to see her with longer hair, nice troll kubo...
Old 2011-08-03, 11:05   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
So does Ichigo still have hollow powers now that he's been stripped of his fullbring? Well whatever the case may be, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. This chapter still felt short, but fortunately, that didn't stop it from feeling like the plot is finally progressing. With Rukia back, hopefully that means the other shinigami will follow along soon enough.
I'm not sure if he has been fully stripped of his Fullbring. His new outfit has X-shape designs similar to his complete Fullbring outfit. So, this might be a combination of Fullbring and Shinigami, or maybe the Fullbring was sued to bring forth the Shinigami. Whatever the case, there is something more than a simple Shinigami conversion going on here.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:06   Link #45
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
LOL, I never claimed otherwise. If you like the hair, fine, I don't really care. I don't like the cut, and I merely explained why.
well it's rather confusing when you threw the word "fact" into your sentence >.> but I see where I misunderstood
Old 2011-08-03, 11:07   Link #46
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
But speaking of which, I like to know what other changes that SS went through.
-Nel and Grimmjow enlisted into the Shinigami ranks ?
*Crosses fingers*
Old 2011-08-03, 11:10   Link #47
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Nel and Grimmjow enlisted into the Shinigami ranks ?
*Crosses fingers*
only in fanfics.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-08-03, 11:13   Link #48
sayde

Quote:
I'm not sure if he has been fully stripped of his Fullbring. His new outfit has X-shape designs similar to his complete Fullbring outfit. So, this might be a combination of Fullbring and Shinigami, or maybe the Fullbring was sued to bring forth the Shinigami. Whatever the case, there is something more than a simple Shinigami conversion going on here.
I hope you're right James.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:14   Link #49
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

who ever thinks this GIRL looks like a boy.. needs glasses no offense.

Old 2011-08-03, 11:15   Link #50
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Fck fck fck fck fck fck fck RUKIA IS HOTHOTHOTHOT.

I don't give a shit about predictable anymore, damn you Kubo. Quelling my rage with character design.

I've sunk to a new low. ;__;.

Edit: wait..where did her breasts go..

Edit: Damn you Kubo, why'd you nerf what little she had? I'll go draw them on myself!
Old 2011-08-03, 11:17   Link #51
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if you all havent noticed, shes wearing gloves like Bakuya's
Old 2011-08-03, 11:19   Link #52
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
I'm not at all proud of it, but that was my first question, too. =/
Old 2011-08-03, 11:23   Link #53
Aqua Knight

Okay, Ichigo beats the shit out of Ginjou and Tsukishima and gets his badge back = fullbring power back.

Combine fullbring and shinigami = MEGAZORD?
Oh and finally we are discussing the chapter, not how awful Bleach is
Old 2011-08-03, 11:24   Link #54
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post

too much black to make a good view on previous page :3
Old 2011-08-03, 11:26   Link #55
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
if you all havent noticed, she's wearing gloves like Byakuya's
Probably a gift for her promotion (costing the same as a small house)

The chain at the end of Ichigo's new sword is rather reminiscent of Tensa Zangetsu's - maybe the sword that stabbed him was made up of the reiatsu he left in the dangai, which is why it took quite a while for Urahara and Isshin to get it ready and get to him (apart from Urahara's usual need to show up just on time yet still rather late)
Old 2011-08-03, 11:35   Link #56
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

I wonder if Rukia learned herself Bankai now that she's a VC. Plus I'm liking Ichigo's new look hope his bankai form is as it was when he fought Aizen.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:38   Link #57
Lunarskylar

oh my goodness, bleach actually has people theorizing again, it's not often that you see a series reboot... like 459 chapters into the story xD

so i guess the whole "sealing your son's future" referred to stealing any chance of him having a normal life, and being engulfed in battle for eternity

that's cool too

i liked the chapter, but i refuse to get excited. it will take alot more than this for kubo to redeem himself. love this character desgins though, at least he'll always (usually) have that going for him
Old 2011-08-03, 11:40   Link #58
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
I wonder if Rukia learned herself Bankai now that she's a VC.
Well Rukia's proven to be VC-level all throughout the arrancar saga. So her official promotion to VC seems like the most logical step forward IMO. Now if she became Captain, then I think we'd all expect her to have learned Bankai. Come to think of it, I wonder if Renji will be a Captain the next time we see him.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:42   Link #59
Tenza-Zangetsu

Hmm this might be ichigo's new shikai from where his bankai was fused with his hand, would explain the "badassness" of it, this seems to be the fusion of Shinigami and Fullbringing that Ginjou was talking about (taken from the X's on ichigo's wrists and chest and the collar)

also, Bleach filler Nozomi = New Rukia
Old 2011-08-03, 11:48   Link #60
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Rukia looks nice, I was actually excited to see her again, even stopped my music when she showed up.

Meh at Ichigo getting his powers back, apparently. Hopefully they'll focus on some of the captains after this arc.